What does your Cannabis-friendly doctor think (legal regions only)?

EverythingsHazy

The study only had about 66 cannabis users and 33 non users. In comparing the two groups:
" Users smoked a significantly greater amount of tobacco than non-users but did not differ in levels of alcohol consumption."

How do they know that tobacco wasn't the main driver in the increased white matter lesions in the users group, as it kills hundreds of thousands each year and injects hundreds of toxic chemicals into your system? Tobacco seems a more likely suspect then cannabis, which has never killed one person.
Plus, cannabis has a proven track record of being a remarkable aid in many "brain diseases" like MS, epilepsy, autism, Alzheimer's, PTSD, etc. It just doesn't fit cannabis MO ....

Probably 99% of the studies done have had a strong bias, to show how bad cannabis is for your health and they have really struggled to find any meaningful harm.

This study seems non-conclusive in showing causation and one study with only 100 participants seems insignificant.
There seems to be more than just one study, since the one I read was using far more than 100 people, but whenever I see white matter integrity issues, early onset adolescent use seems to be a major factor. Perhaps, it's not much of an issue with adult brains. There's more research to be done!

EverythingsHazy,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Always get the feeling you are just looking for a reason to quit mj for good? Sorry man, but that's how all this comes across to me. You finding plenty of doctors piping up here? I haven't been seeing them... Just people, coming and sharing opinions/experience, which you have said above you have no interest in? Maybe just steer clear of weed until science has definitively shown what you want it to show, good or ill, then decide from there? Save a lot of agonizing rather than just living.

C No Ego

@EverythingsHazy ... doctors are quite biased now and scared to even mention cannabis for fear of loosing their license... they will gladly be involved with government funded studies that seek the harm in the plant to bolster the idea of prohibiting the plant but open studies = go to another Country and ask those Docotors, ike Italy... Italy is ahead of the entire world on REAL cannabis studies... ask Italian doctors what they think about the harms of cannabis use... I've been posting here about metabolic pathways in humans that assimilate the cannabis plant to absolute elimination... that is honestly the only way to prove what is going on and the fact that we metabolize everything in cannabis IMO shows it is food to us and not harmful... plus, until we can pinpoint what is exactly harmful in that plant we have nothing but " supports biological functioning" to go on... I've asked thousands of prohibitionists to show proof of one single harmful molecule in cannabis and gotten zilch back from them as they have nothing( I repeat) Nothing to show

edit.. cannabis is the plant with the most constituent parts in the plant kingdom... if there is harmful parts of the plant they should be very easy to identify because there is just so much in there... that logic needs clarifying

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

Always get the feeling you are just looking for a reason to quit mj for good? Sorry man, but that's how all this comes across to me. You finding plenty of doctors piping up here? I haven't been seeing them... Just people, coming and sharing opinions/experience, which you have said above you have no interest in? Maybe just steer clear of weed until science has definitively shown what you want it to show, good or ill, then decide from there? Save a lot of agonizing rather than just living.
It's quite the opposite actually. Looking for clarity to avoid quitting for good, since I feel like it's a great addition to life.

Not trying to find doctors here, but rather people who have doctors who are consciously supportive of Cannabis use.

Again, I'm not worrying or "agonizing", but rather just spending a small fraction of my down time further educating myself on the matter.

@EverythingsHazy ... doctors are quite biased now and scared to even mention cannabis for fear of loosing their license... they will gladly be involved with government funded studies that seek the harm in the plant to bolster the idea of prohibiting the plant but open studies = go to another Country and ask those Docotors, ike Italy... Italy is ahead of the entire world on REAL cannabis studies... ask Italian doctors what they think about the harms of cannabis use... I've been posting here about metabolic pathways in humans that assimilate the cannabis plant to absolute elimination... that is honestly the only way to prove what is going on and the fact that we metabolize everything in cannabis IMO shows it is food to us and not harmful... plus, until we can pinpoint what is exactly harmful in that plant we have nothing but " supports biological functioning" to go on... I've asked thousands of prohibitionists to show proof of one single harmful molecule in cannabis and gotten zilch back from them as they have nothing( I repeat) Nothing to show

edit.. cannabis is the plant with the most constituent parts in the plant kingdom... if there is harmful parts of the plant they should be very easy to identify because there is just so much in there... that logic needs clarifying
It's not that there is a molecule that is strictly harmful, but rather that THC may very well have some negative qualities in certain doses. There are very few chemicals, if any, that don't have a limit where they start to become harmful. I'm curious about limits of that.

Also, while I agree that lots of doctors are going to be biased against Cannabis, I'm more interested in neurologists who can provide insight into how certain found brain morphological differences actually impact ones life/functioning. Perhaps some of them are negligible, and that would be nice to know. If the opposite is true, that would be nice, as well.

Perhaps Reddit or some medical forum would be more useful than a weed one, but there's no harm in having a thread here. Whoever doesn't want to discuss any potential negatives of their beloved plant is free to pass right over without clicking.

EverythingsHazy,

chris 71

You would need to have like clones raised in a lab to get the kind of info your after , there are just too many varibles to get the kind of answers i think your looking for real people living in the real world have to many possible reason for what ever may be wrong with there brains

I posted twice for you that i have had a brain mri with my doctor well aware of a long history of cannabis use and i had no abnormalities showing everthing normal what more are you wantingvto find.

MinnBobber

It's not that there is a molecule that is strictly harmful, but rather that THC may very well have some negative qualities in certain doses. There are very few chemicals, if any, that don't have a limit where they start to become harmful. I'm curious about limits of that.
This info is for cannabis, not isolated THC but the lethal dose of cannabis,from 2 govt studies:
"According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once."

Cannabis has been shown to help with almost every affliction known to mankind, due to its effect on our Endocannabinoid System (ECS). It seeks to balance all systems in our body.
Just one example, a true miracle result---- of two opposite mental conditions:
PTSD and Alzheimers. In one, you remember too much and in the other, you don't remember enough. Yet, cannabis helps with both.
- Israeli studies on PTSD have shown "spectacular results".
- Cannabis is demonstrating help with Alzh in preventing plaque buildup and actually reducing plaque that is already formed.

I probably research/study cannabis about 3 hours a day as it is the biggest medical issue / breakthrough in the last 100+ years. From everything I have seen over the years, mostly studies trying to show how bad cannabis is, in the end I'd rate it this way on a minus 100 to plus 100 scale:
Cannabis negatives/problems Minus 2
Cannabis positives Plus 99

C No Ego

It's quite the opposite actually. Looking for clarity to avoid quitting for good, since I feel like it's a great addition to life.

Not trying to find doctors here, but rather people who have doctors who are consciously supportive of Cannabis use.

Again, I'm not worrying or "agonizing", but rather just spending a small fraction of my down time further educating myself on the matter.

Also, while I agree that lots of doctors are going to be biased against Cannabis, I'm more interested in neurologists who can provide insight into how certain found brain morphological differences actually impact ones life/functioning. Perhaps some of them are negligible, and that would be nice to know. If the opposite is true, that would be nice, as well.

Perhaps Reddit or some medical forum would be more useful than a weed one, but there's no harm in having a thread here. Whoever doesn't want to discuss any potential negatives of their beloved plant is free to pass right over without clicking.

because we have mostly proved what the cannabis compounds ( molecules) are doing and know the biochemical pathways taken by them in human biology all the way to absolute elimination.... then, any molecule (or group of molecules ) not in line with that knowing/findings would show up and " stand out" from all the rest....that is what I am getting at, where is that "single stand out source " that does not conform to all the other biological agents and their subsequent health affirming qualities?...
if it were not enough to not find one proven harmful single molecule in cannabis, now take the whole entire "soup" of compounds added up all together and actual symmetry/synergy ( one life source- plants, imparting its essence upon another life form= people) forms making the combined whole greater than the parts....
if it were bad then taking more of it would be even worse! it's not though and synergy happens when you take more! it is why I personally prefer a plant instead of pharma meds that start out harmful because they do not always impart biological functioning and have no type of synergy of say- whole plant cannaibs

edit.... a new study on NORML too I just found
http://blog.norml.org/2017/07/11/st...s-associated-with-changes-in-brain-structure/

edit #2.... cannabis itself is not harmful per say but what people do while indulging into cannabis can be harmful, like getting arrested for one... that is not good for brain matter, no way!

edit 3... when I say above - to take more of it.... I do not mean more like multiple sessions on the vape but more when compared to synthetic marinol with only thc.... that is single compound therapy and by more I mean whole plant compound therapy with every plant molecule available for assimilation

Last edited:
C No Ego,
For the record I am a retired RN. I'm almost 70 and actively consumed first cannabis in 1965, then LSD in 1966, and Mescaline in 1967. And I snorted meth and/or cocaine for a summer as well. My last psychedelic was Peyote in 1969. I continued with frequent cannabis use until learning Transcendental Meditation in 1972. For the next 10 yrs i would tske a hit at a party several times a year, the last time around 1990. Contracting prostate cancer snd having surgery, and then radiation in early 2014, forced me to examine the evidence for medical "marijuana" To my surprise there is plenty of it, but most of the studies showing benefits were done outside the US in places like Israel, Spain, Chile, the Czech Republic, etc. Until recently most studies in the US have been approved by the DEA, FDA, National Center for Addiction and Substance Abuse and other such groups looking to prove the deleterious effects of "marihuana." It cant be considered a medicine according to FDA standards until double-blind studies are done with standard controlled measureable controlled and repeatable dosing (impossible with a plant that has varying levels of phytocannabinoids and terpenes, even if grown with clones in a highly controlled environment.) We are really just beginning to establish and understand the varying benefits of different canabinoid and terpenoid ratios. If you check out websites for Americans for Safe Access and NORML you will get updates on newly published studies that show benefits or contradict those funded by the feds.
These are interesting - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28646566/

https://www.medicalnewsbulletin.com/longtime-marijuana-usage-cardiovascular-incidents-middle-age/
P.S. I use cannabis for wellness and spiritual purposes. It improves my mood, sleep, and greatly enhances living in the present moment in a state of grateful thanksgiving. I also dose low and just to effect. I never seek to merely get stoned.

Top Bottom