What does packing more weed in a bowl do?

C No Ego

your bowl size is relative to your cannabis tolerance... I have been loose packing the glass WPA for the Fury2 @ real small loose amounts nd have adjusted the tolerance to that amount... before for a long time I would pack it in tight... you can manage dosage by turning it off but that does not always happen LOL... if less is in there expect less vapor and lessened tolerance to said vapor... you can add degummed hemp fiber to your bowl to reduce the volume in there as well and pack less material per sesh

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
My Tera can hold up to .6g according to the manual, but I find I get the same effects, same strength and same high length whether I pack .3g and .1g (don't think I've ever packed more than .3g), that's why I asked originally, as I was noticing no difference in packing more

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
My Tera can hold up to .6g according to the manual, but I find I get the same effects, same strength and same high length whether I pack .3g and .1g (don't think I've ever packed more than .3g), that's why I asked originally, as I was noticing no difference in packing more
It was quite the lively topic. You did good.

Mookie0608

Actually I kind of notice that too with my vapes but smoking different story. The more bud in the bowl the high I get but also bigger the hit. Unless I barely put bud in my vapes Wethersfield it’s at capacity or 70% the highs typically feel the same. Smoking a bowl though I can put the same amount in I usually vape and I’m lucky to get slightly buzzed. Of course there is effiecency to with the vapes as well much less goes a lot further

Mookie0608,
Reactions: C No Ego

Alexis

There is also this old 60's hippie slogan and concept, originally in reference to Lsd:
Un underdose is worse than an overdose.

But I also believe I have perceived with cannabis specifically, that an overdose (as in, far more than you acfually need for a sufficiently full effect) can actually feel like an underdose.

It would maybe be analagous to overeating. You will feel excessively full, but not comfortable or able to enjoy it.
Okay, dumb silly stoned points as I disttact myself for a brief moment before the dreaded task of tackling my allergies this morning. Feel free to tear to pieces. Have a good day guys n girls.

Shower time first. ALWAYS feel so much better each day once washed and dressed.

C No Ego

Actually I kind of notice that too with my vapes but smoking different story. The more bud in the bowl the high I get but also bigger the hit. Unless I barely put bud in my vapes Wethersfield it’s at capacity or 70% the highs typically feel the same. Smoking a bowl though I can put the same amount in I usually vape and I’m lucky to get slightly buzzed. Of course there is effiecency to with the vapes as well much less goes a lot further
vapes are so much more efficient than smoking the same amount... the amounts I use for a whole vape session would not even accumulate to a nice sized roach of a joint....

There is also this old 60's hippie slogan and concept, originally in reference to Lsd:
Un underdose is worse than an overdose.

But I also believe I have perceived with cannabis specifically, that an overdose (as in, far more than you acfually need for a sufficiently full effect) can actually feel like an underdose.

It would maybe be analagous to overeating. You will feel excessively full, but not comfortable or able to enjoy it.
Okay, dumb silly stoned points as I disttact myself for a brief moment before the dreaded task of tackling my allergies this morning. Feel free to tear to pieces. Have a good day guys n girls.

Shower time first. ALWAYS feel so much better each day once washed and dressed.
down regulation is the function of most phytocannabinoids.... they are second messenger down regulatory lipids/ligands ( allosteric modulators). when we ingest to many they serve to then up regulate our cell function... they are better down stream working post to pre synaptic but will reverse somewhat with volume.

Alexis

down regulation is the function of most phytocannabinoids.... they are second messenger down regulatory lipids/ligands ( allosteric modulators). when we ingest to many they serve to then up regulate our cell function... they are better down stream working post to pre synaptic but will reverse somewhat with volume.
Yes that's kind of how I was sort of picturing and understanding it but without giving it much technical thought.
I believe it is also a matter of perception as well, and appreciation. It's like smelling the fish and chips down the street and then once you are inside the chip shop it begins to become less noticeable and pleasurable due to the immersion and saturation.

These are poor analogies from me today. Too mentally tired to summon any brain power. Quite a few ways to look at this though. Its simple physics and biology deep down, but you know me I can't help but be philosophical. :D

Mookie0608

It's like comparing doing a single shot with doing two shots back to back. You'll be more buzzed for longer, with the two shots back to back.
Wait a minute so are u saying if I take 2 draws back to back the high will last twice as long or what ever compared to an hour apart? Cuz i figured u would only just be a lot higher.

Mookie0608,

EverythingsHazy

Wait a minute so are u saying if I take 2 draws back to back the high will last twice as long or what ever compared to an hour apart? Cuz i figured u would only just be a lot higher.
Not necessarily double, but it should last longer, since you have more cannabinoids in your system that needs to be processed before you sober up.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

C No Ego

Tolerance takes a hold the first time though... if you did one or two ( shots ) it would not matter as much... if you did one now and one an hour later you will not have as much effect an hour later because of tolerance to the previous ( shot). it would be plausible that more longer duration of expression would be observed and it would except tolerance sticks its ugly head in there and says Hi

Mookie0608

Exactly so that makes me wonder am I just the type who has a high tolerance in terms of how long the high it self lasts. Or at least the doctor I see said I could just be the type in terms of how long it lasts the high fades a lot faster. One think I have learned though is from growing up everyone was wrong and lied. All my life if u wanted to smoke pot people said smoking pot gets you high for typically 4 hours no less then 3 yet the struggle is real to top an hour. I remember the first time I got high it was intense as hell didn’t last 2 hours I was kind of hallucinating thanks to it being laced my friend finally came clean after some point. Then I got on medical a year ago almost and haven’t smoked in 10 years or so and it was a cbd strain that got me incredibly stoned. It was something like 10.50% cbd 9.97% thc but I also smoked 3/4 of a j too but point I’m trying to make it that high well I felt the effects for maybe 3 hours but the high it self maybe an hour tops the rest just felt like intense relaxation. So based of the few experiences I remember consuming more at one time just got me so much higher never seemed to last much longer. When I have been that high even with that 1:1 strain I may have been higher then I wanted to be but those few times I got that bad we’re the few times I had 100% pure solid pain relief for a solid hour and a half or 2 hours

Mookie0608,

EverythingsHazy

Tolerance takes a hold the first time though... if you did one or two ( shots ) it would not matter as much... if you did one now and one an hour later you will not have as much effect an hour later because of tolerance to the previous ( shot).
This is definitely true. If you want the linger/stronger buzz, you don't want to wait too long to consume your entire dose, because you'll pretty quickly start to notice the effect of diminishing returns.

C No Ego

Exactly so that makes me wonder am I just the type who has a high tolerance in terms of how long the high it self lasts. Or at least the doctor I see said I could just be the type in terms of how long it lasts the high fades a lot faster. One think I have learned though is from growing up everyone was wrong and lied. All my life if u wanted to smoke pot people said smoking pot gets you high for typically 4 hours no less then 3 yet the struggle is real to top an hour. I remember the first time I got high it was intense as hell didn’t last 2 hours I was kind of hallucinating thanks to it being laced my friend finally came clean after some point. Then I got on medical a year ago almost and haven’t smoked in 10 years or so and it was a cbd strain that got me incredibly stoned. It was something like 10.50% cbd 9.97% thc but I also smoked 3/4 of a j too but point I’m trying to make it that high well I felt the effects for maybe 3 hours but the high it self maybe an hour tops the rest just felt like intense relaxation. So based of the few experiences I remember consuming more at one time just got me so much higher never seemed to last much longer. When I have been that high even with that 1:1 strain I may have been higher then I wanted to be but those few times I got that bad we’re the few times I had 100% pure solid pain relief for a solid hour and a half or 2 hours
a friend gave us a huge bag of shake... i took two huge handfuls and made some no pudge brownies just using yogurt.... we left all the plant matter in there and ate two... waves all day up and down it was the best high yet no doubt... next day had the best cleanse out from all that fiber we left in there ETC... a total body experience... I can see why Evil people running the world do not want people@ that level All the time. hence illegal plants

Mookie0608

Damn that could be nice. My biggest issue with trying am edible is my anxiety and well while the internet and YouTube could be useful I kind of feel like both existing to a lot of harm as well. YouTube just made me even more reluctant to try an edible with my anxiety as bad as it is if I took too much at least a vape high if I get uncomfortable I can call myself down and I know it will be over within 20-40 minutes where edible highs I’m under the impression it’s almost impossible to counter it unless u take a cbd edible and then your still waiting up to 2 hours for that to kick in. Watching all then videos on YouTube and seeing posts in the internet does play a role in why I won’t touch an edible. I think my first true time getting high plays a role in why I’m so hesistant I’m trying new ways of consuming because the bud was laced by the dealer at my friends request or the friend just did it. He came clean after awhile.

Mookie0608,

C No Ego

Damn that could be nice. My biggest issue with trying am edible is my anxiety and well while the internet and YouTube could be useful I kind of feel like both existing to a lot of harm as well. YouTube just made me even more reluctant to try an edible with my anxiety as bad as it is if I took too much at least a vape high if I get uncomfortable I can call myself down and I know it will be over within 20-40 minutes where edible highs I’m under the impression it’s almost impossible to counter it unless u take a cbd edible and then your still waiting up to 2 hours for that to kick in. Watching all then videos on YouTube and seeing posts in the internet does play a role in why I won’t touch an edible. I think my first true time getting high plays a role in why I’m so hesistant I’m trying new ways of consuming because the bud was laced by the dealer at my friends request or the friend just did it. He came clean after awhile.
Citicoline stops THC effects. look up info from Dr Bob Melamede on citicoline
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Citicoline+stops+THC+effects&t=ffcm&atb=v62-6__&ia=web

hillbill

Something to consider is Potent weed will hit much harder with bigger clouds and extraction takes longer since we don’t burn plants. Also different buds are different in structure even after grinding. I am constantly making adjustments.

Alexis

Citicoline stops THC effects. look up info from Dr Bob Melamede on citicoline
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Citicoline+stops+THC+effects&t=ffcm&atb=v62-6__&ia=web
This could potentially help users therefore to achieve deeper sleep because THC does interfere with deeper I forget the correct term sleep where are CBD facilitates and aids it, really putting you there and keeping you there for longer.

And that is where all of the deeper repair on your nervous system and nerves and muscles etc takes place. But THC helps you fall asleep faster and is not totally disadvantagous to sleep, but nowhere near as good and effective as CBD at really boasting the quality and depth and benefit of your sleeping.

So if you could supplement with something right before bedtime which will neutralize the THC effect this may actually help you get a more refreshing and night's sleep especially if you take CBD at the same time.

Interesting idea anyway I will let you test it out in time and get back to me on whether it works and is worthwhile or not. ;)

C No Ego

You my friend need to keep dropping these knowledge bombs. Reading your posts here has been intriguing.
I'm glad I intrigue you :) . life is way to short for a dull existence and exploring life is what it's about. thank you for the compliment

This could potentially help users therefore to achieve deeper sleep because THC does interfere with deeper I forget the correct term sleep where are CBD facilitates and aids it, really putting you there and keeping you there for longer.

And that is where all of the deeper repair on your nervous system and nerves and muscles etc takes place. But THC helps you fall asleep faster and is not totally disadvantagous to sleep, but nowhere near as good and effective as CBD at really boasting the quality and depth and benefit of your sleeping.

So if you could supplement with something right before bedtime which will neutralize the THC effect this may actually help you get a more refreshing and night's sleep especially if you take CBD at the same time.

Interesting idea anyway I will let you test it out in time and get back to me on whether it works and is worthwhile or not. ;)
CBN ( cannabinol) though will be the best sleep aid . not sure how CBN effects REM sleep but that oxidized form of THC is lethargic inducing for sure....
Edit - how citicoline works ... citicoline inhibits acetylcholine which THC stimulates. that inhibitory action slows THC effects... that math on that is to use 3 to 5 times more citicoline than the THC ingested to stop THC effects... example- 50mg THC would require 150 to 250 mg citicoline. citicoline is safe and people use a few thousand mg daily as a supplement
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=citicoline+inhibits+acetylcholine&t=ffcm&atb=v62-6__&ia=web

Alexis

CBN ( cannabinol) though will be the best sleep aid . not sure how CBN effects REM sleep but that oxidized form of THC is lethargic inducing for sure....
Yes I'm well aware of this from lots of personal experience I have made so many mistakes with over flowering plants I did it again this year and I have so much weed which is too high in cbn for my personal liking and taste it's a very debilitating compound for me personally due to chronic fatigue and muscular weakness.

I don't enjoy those plants at all UNTIL I get into bed and it's the most fantastic weed in the world lol, until I try to get up in the morning and all my energy is gone and my muscles so heavy and lethargic.

So in my experience cbn definitely helps with sleep getting there and staying there but I still feel pretty groggy and rough afterwards and not exactly recharged and I don't enjoy the high and experience either side of the bed time thing.

The idea for neutralising THC somewhat, I can see this having some appeal so that people can still session hard at night to enjoy the recreational high then they could possibly supplement something which could reduce the limitations THC places upon our ability to get deep recharging sleep.

Last edited:

Tommy10

Diminishing return kicks in quick! If efficiency is the aim of the game then smaller doses are desired and it doesn’t take long to form a new baseline.
If you don’t want to worry too much about it than more is always going to be better, either way IMO you need tolerance breaks, bigger bowls more often just builds the tolerance quicker.

Maninthemachine

Diminishing return kicks in quick! If efficiency is the aim of the game then smaller doses are desired and it doesn’t take long to form a new baseline.
If you don’t want to worry too much about it than more is always going to be better, either way IMO you need tolerance breaks, bigger bowls more often just builds the tolerance quicker.
Took while for friends who combust to get this. Always like...hey load more !!im like that’s not how it works :)

Top Bottom