• $200-$300

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • $300-$400

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • >$400

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

Jah1975

I thought Florida is now a medical state?
its kind of a medical state, nothing is really set up yet and it looks like it is going to be pretty restrictive.

Im in Florida and paying $400/oz of some pretty poorly cured unknown strain stuff. It can probably be found much cheaper, but im old and not really connected to the scene here lol

gangababa

The current local community weekly freebee news-rag here has more than one rec-retailer advertising $100 ounces on select strains.

kuzko

I try to stick between 170-200 an oz at the dispensaries here in Cali. I find that's the best price for top shelf. I'm sure there are better deals out there and I know there are a ton of overpriced options too.

DrewVape

150-350 at dispensaries and the quality always sucks, tasting like grow product. Legal.

200-300 off the streets and it actually tastes like weed. Illegal.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Just recently bought some GrapeApe for $50 for 1/4 oz. Small popcorn bud but very high quality by Artizen. I don't pay sales tax that all you save with a medical card. Getting mine renewed next week.

Ohmie

Govrnmnt fund adult circumcision & frenuloplasty!
You guys are way too classy for me. I can barely afford regular and popcorn would be splurging. I don't get how stuff works. I guess it's cause of its legality, but not really. This is why I say anything less than national deregulation is meaningless. Let's just segregate into colonies again!=Civil war

Last edited:
Ohmie,

howie105

You guys are way too classy for me. I can barely afford regular and popcorn would be splurging. I don't get how stuff works. I guess it's cause of its legality, but not really. This is why I say anything less than national deregulation is meaningless. Let's just segregate into colonies again!=Civil war

Deregulation (medical MJ where I live) is a scam. Overpriced medical exams for a card, on going state fees for that card, jacked prices for the herb and a long list of other multi faceted fees and taxes up and down the production chain. Given all that, I really see legalization as an attempt to make MJ a state controlled cash cow. All I want is for the state to do is go away and leave us alone, the community can take care of itself. Growing weed is cheap and easy so if the price isn't cheap and easy too we are overpaying.

Ohmie

Deregulation (medical MJ where I live) is a scam. Overpriced medical exams for a card, on going state fees for that card, jacked prices for the herb and a long list of other multi faceted fees and taxes up and down the production chain. Given all that, I really see legalization as an attempt to make MJ a state controlled cash cow. All I want is for the state to do is go away and leave us alone, the community can take care of itself. Growing weed is cheap and easy so if the price isn't cheap and easy too we are overpaying.
That's what I meant..It should have to be purchased and supplied by an adult but it's still pretty harmless, certainly in compared to nicotine or tobacco maybe

Ohmie,

howie105

Didn't mean to parrot what you posted but I have a burr under my saddle when it comes to my state. To be fair other states have done better by its citizens.

howie105,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I could technically pay whatever (within reason) I wanted for an ounce of flower. It all boils down to whether I want a $150 oz of mid (none of the ounces I've bought this cheap have turned to be good at least), or if I wanna spend $180-$200+ and get some stanky dank. That's flower though. I'd rather grow if I wanted some nugs. I am more likely to pay for something I can't easily produce on my own. When I buy an ounce it's almost always hash oil, which depending what I'm looking for, will run me anywhere from ~$450 (BHO etc) to $800 (distillate).

Marihuana,
Reactions: howie105

Ohmie

Medical is a flagrant scam, plain and simple.. Charging people to breathe by requiring a prescription for a PLANT that I'll bet is less dangerous than nasty ass Robitussin

Last edited:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Don't get me started on Robitussin, let alone Benadryl. Those medications have the potential to be brain damage in a bottle.

Marihuana,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Medical is a flagrant scam, plain and simple.. Charging people to breathe by requiring a prescription for a PLANT that I'll bet is less dangerous than nasty ass Robitussin

... never understood why a large percentage of the cannabis community have been pushing cannabis towards the medical industry. i agree there is medical purposes to cannabis but now the pharmaceutical companies are going to be in control of it.... i would assume more 'medical marijuana patients' are for recreation in a legal sense rather than for actual medical needs. a pet peeve is when i hear/see people using terms like 'getting medicated' rather than just say 'high or buzzed'.... (your not fooling anyone, imo if you say your 'getting medicated' your just a recreation user with a medical card)...

...cannabis helps me with different ailments but i wouldn't consider me as a medical user, it's just the benefits of using...

...i guess i just foresee the pharmaceutical companies creating a monopoly on our beloved herb... i for one do not see the need for legalization because since I've been using (~20 years) it's always felt as if it were legal, just keeping in mind older generations frown upon it- legalization will not change that either IMO...

just_the_flu,

TwistedGray

This thread is getting WAY off topic guys/gals. I would be happy to debate this topic in another thread, link it back here when someone starts it, thanks!

TeeJay1952

1pe84y.jpg

This thread is getting WAY off topic guys/gals. I would be happy to debate this topic in another thread, link it back here when someone starts it, thanks!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This thread has strayed way off topic.
... never understood why a large percentage of the cannabis community have been pushing cannabis towards the medical industry. i agree there is medical purposes to cannabis but now the pharmaceutical companies are going to be in control of it.... i would assume more 'medical marijuana patients' are for recreation in a legal sense rather than for actual medical needs. a pet peeve is when i hear/see people using terms like 'getting medicated' rather than just say 'high or buzzed'.... (your not fooling anyone, imo if you say your 'getting medicated' your just a recreation user with a medical card)...

...cannabis helps me with different ailments but i wouldn't consider me as a medical user, it's just the benefits of using...

...i guess i just foresee the pharmaceutical companies creating a monopoly on our beloved herb... i for one do not see the need for legalization because since I've been using (~20 years) it's always felt as if it were legal, just keeping in mind older generations frown upon it- legalization will not change that either IMO...
Last night I woke up from pain at around 1:30 and while I was "medicating" . I read the above. I was very much offended for myself and for those that I know use cannabis for their medical conditions.
I will say this as nice as possible. Yes we do use cannabis for our conditions, it makes life a little easier. You don't know who has a legitimate medical conditions? Sometimes we probably do use cannabis recreationally as well.

Please don't insult us.. Back to the real topic of this thread....

Last edited:
Top Bottom