Votes: 107 39.8%
  • $300-$400

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • >$400

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
....sooooooo...what is it?...hybrid , sativa, indica,...noneofya?....how long has it been growing?
That is an example of Oregon outdoor. Just one season, nothing goes longer than that with these boys. They use 450 gallon smart pots, terrific soil amendments like bat shit and stuff. No artificial ingredients, pesticides or fertilizers what so ever. Completely organic. IIRC this was Leda Uno.

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
I pay anywhere from $280 - $360 PER oz. :leaf: THERE'S ONLY 2 DISPENSARY'S IN MY AREA SO i DO NOT SEE PRICES DROPPING BELOW THAT. No Competition

ShovelHead,
Reactions: BD9

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
$250-280 per oz

variety is so so right now, but at least there is weed

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: BD9

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
With prices over $300/oz for legal weed there is little chance of eliminating the black market. A lot of $$ can be made at $200/oz, especially for those who have been doing it for a long time. I know several folks in various states who have med cards and are still buying from the BM. I also know several who qualify who haven't bothered getting a card for the same reason.

MyCollie

I think the dispensaries around here are close to $400oz. Maybe 365--400z. +tax

Street is about the same for "high grade / the good stuff" in my neighborhood. But there's no tax.

People can transfer here and I assume that's going on a lot.

We can grow our own here... up to six plants I think. Maybe next year. A guy with lots of experience offered to help when I was going through rads treatment and surgery.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Jesus, I will never complain about weed prices again.

$200 an ounce for pretty premium buds. I can't speak to the cost of smaller amounts since I tend to buy an ounce (I'm allowed to pick and choose between a few strains typically), but a few years ago it was $50 a cut (an eighth, around me is like the only place to use this term because at college people had no idea what I meant), $90 a q, $150-160 a half, $300 a zip. I think most all these prices can be cut $10-$20 as I know friends who regularly get 70 dollar quarters.

I also know people who pay $400 but they are all older (45-60) and not regular smokers so I think they end up just paying premium because of convenience/accessibility.

Wahiker

In Washington state, I recently bought several eighths that were 24.7% THC and only $18 each. That works out to $144 an ounce. You can find it cheaper if buying by the ounce, but I haven't done that in a long time. Legalization started out way expensive, but now is way cheap!

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
City or Upstate? I'm from Upstate but left a long time ago ... too damn cold!

city - outer borough - regarding the price the way i see it is yes it's top dollar or in that realm but with vaporizing it's still, by far, the best home entertainment value available.

jeffp,

Wahiker

I stumbled across an awesome cannabis shop today called Green Lady. Found $15 an 1/8. Awesome atmosphere and wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable people. I just thought they were great..

Which Green Lady -- the one in Olympia or in Lynnwood?

Wahiker,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Green Lady in Olympia was a great store with some really nice people. There is a coffee shop attached. I think they have glass too. I didn't go over to the coffee shop part, I will next time I'm there. I'm anxious to see clones available here. I'm hoping soon. Nobody seem to know anything about that anywhere I've asked.

CarolKing,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I moved from Long Island, New York to somewhere a bit further south on the eastcoast. Bud here is a bit more expensive and way worse.

The one local guy I met would charge me between $50 and $60 per "eighth" but they were usually slightly short and poorly grown/cured. Looked nice but tasted like ass. It would have been between 300-400 for a zip but I never asked because fuck all that.

Depends on what I want now, but I can get good outdoor for around $200, sometimes lower. Top shelf indoor is around $260-300 - a drastic improvement, but still nothing on the states that aren't stuck in the 19th century.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I moved from Long Island, New York to somewhere a bit further south on the eastcoast. Bud here is a bit more expensive and way worse.

The one local guy I met would charge me between $50 and $60 per "eighth" but they were usually slightly short and poorly grown/cured. Looked nice but tasted like ass. It would have been between 300-400 for a zip but I never asked because fuck all that.

Depends on what I want now, but I can get good outdoor for around $200, sometimes lower. Top shelf indoor is around $260-300 - a drastic improvement, but still nothing on the states that aren't stuck in the 19th century.

I actually grew up in Long Island and in 1970 an ounce of Mexican cost $15, Jamaican $20, Colombian $25 (top shelf and well worth it). That was the breakdown. No fancy "OG" themed strain names. Zigzag the paper of choice and the only paper available aside from Bugler. A "nickel" cost five dollars and there was enough bud to roll 10 healthy joints.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Born&raised LI.

Before I moved I was getting $35 eighths of topshelf from a good friend, and there was always plenty of choice.

My first time buying weed out of state, I got "kind bud" for the same rate as topshelf back home... I knew then that I was truly fucked. I'd be all over local bud if I was back home. Here, I'd rather go without than piss away money on crappy product.

SmDeox

East coasters it's very much worth it going to a close legal state or ordering online. Unless you have an amazing plug or home grow.

I'm in between the Carolina's & VA. In school=order online At home= Drive to DC

MyCollie

Yikes, I was probably overpaying. But the convenience factor was definitely there. And it wasn't crappy...

MyCollie,

GetLeft

... they are all older (45-60) and not regular smokers so I think they end up just paying premium because of convenience/accessibility.

That would be me :tup:

... but still nothing on the states that aren't stuck in the 19th century.

That would be me too (PA) :disgust:

I started purchasing a couple of years ago from the only guy I felt safe asking about it. He's young I'm not. Thankfully he was able to help me out and I've only ever gone through him. I've bought half ozs for 190 but quarters do me better (takes forever to finish a half and I like a little variety). They run 100. Could get an oz for 350 I guess. It's always good good stuff, though I don't always know what it is. I'm guessing someone has an indoor grow and uses clones, so the strain is always the same (leans indica) more or less but each batch has its nuances, which I like.

I'm in between the Carolina's & VA. In school=order online At home= Drive to DC

I'm confused. DC is grow your own or share, but no selling, no? If I were to drive to DC I'd have to wander the streets...

And I assume you go to school in a legal state? Or have a medical card that allows you to buy online?

Please cue me in (not sure the discussion would be appropriate for FC so pm might be preferable).

GetLeft,

TwistedGray

I'm confused. DC is grow your own or share, but no selling, no? If I were to drive to DC I'd have to wander the streets...

And I assume you go to school in a legal state? Or have a medical card that allows you to buy online?

Please cue me in (not sure the discussion would be appropriate for FC so pm might be preferable).

In DC you can grow your own and/or give it away, but you cannot sell nor buy marijuana. There are other asinine rules about how you exchange from person-to-person. They'll make you laugh!

TwistedGray,
Reactions: GetLeft

SmDeox

In DC you can grow your own and/or give it away, but you cannot sell nor buy marijuana. There are other asinine rules about how you exchange from person-to-person. They'll make you laugh!

this ^^

I have old friends from high school that grow there so it's pretty easy when I'm home. Drive an hour and get "gifted" whatever you want. It's kind of a limbo between a legal and non legal state but it lets me get cheap, quality buds and doesn't pose any risk to my friends. I haven't checked laws recently but isn't Maryland a legal state? That's an option if you're close and want a dispensary.

I'm in my last college semester in the Carolina's so definitely not a legal state. I'll point you in the right direction if you're interested.

SmDeox,

TwistedGray

I haven't checked laws recently but isn't Maryland a legal state? That's an option if you're close and want a dispensary.

I'm in my last college semester in the Carolina's so definitely not a legal state. I'll point you in the right direction if you're interested.

MD is medically legal, but same issue DC has (I think). The problem that most of these medical states have is no one wants to touch the "license, fees, regulations, etc" so it's shelved (more-or-less).

TwistedGray,

Baron23

MD is medically legal, but same issue DC has (I think). The problem that most of these medical states have is no one wants to touch the "license, fees, regulations, etc" so it's shelved (more-or-less).
Not exactly. With DC, its rather weird on the rec side as Fed Congress has prevented DC government from spending any money at all establishing a regulated system for MJ sales or to collect taxes, hence the "donate/gift" approach.

DC does have a medical system and open patient dispensaries. You need to be a district resident.

Maryland is a different story...as sad story of complete and utter goverment incompetence. Maryland has passed medical only. However, the first version of this law was passed (almost four years ago!!) requiring that only major medical/research institutes could manage, prescribe, and dispense MMJ. Read this to mean specifically John's Hopkins and U of MD. Apparently none of our complete asshole legislators deemed it worthwhile actually talking to Hopkins and U of MD as when this law passed they very firmly declined to participate (for the obvious reason that they do interstate commerce and receive Federal grants and administering an MMJ program would put them in jeopardy with the Feds).

So, the law was amended and now we are progressing toward a system where almost any Dr/practitioner can certify a patient for MMJ. The Dr registry is open. Also, they finally in the last few months issued cultivator and processor licenses but, in an act of supreme incompetence the proposal evaluation decided to bump the bottom two winners of this merit only evaluation off of the list in order to add two applicants because of where in the state they are geographically located. THIS, in turn, motivated the MD Black Legislative Caucus to now demand that the program be completely restarted and licenses be set aside for diversity (read black Americans cause the MBLC sure as shit don't care about getting any set asides for any Asians or Latinos who may possibly reside in Maryland, yeah?).

Maryland just announced the first phase of issuance of dispensary licenses. All licenses are issued in two phases, phase 1 is the result of the proposal eval and in phase 2 there is the extensive background and financial checks needed before final license issuance.

What these fuckers have NOT yet opened is the Patient Registry needed if one wants a MD MMJ card/authorization. They SAY this will happen in the first qtr of 2017 and they SAY that dispensaries should be opened by last summer/fall. However, if you look at the MD commissions website, almsot all information is completely out of date and there is NO published program schedule by which MD may possibly be evaluated for competence and efficiency (hey, if there are no criteria or goals then its pretty fucking hard to fail....this is a politician's/bureaucrats wet dream come true...money for a program and no accountability! )

It would take true genius to fuck this up more than Maryland already has.

Cheers

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
After converting to metric and dollars, an ounce of "street weed" typically costs around 120$ here.
Quality is in the middle range. Sparkly nugs, typically not very well trimmed, sometimes a little bit of it moldy.
It can be sorted and trimmed into about 40-80% its weight of a dispensary-tier shit.
MJ being illegal in my country, I can only drool seeing all the neatly packaged perfect nugs of thousand strains when I see vids taking tours in legal US dispensaries. Very rare to actually know the strain here or be guaranteed quality.

Seek,
Reactions: PPN

jl420

I've been paying $250 a z but it comes in 8 sealed/weighed 8ths. It's nice because I'll get at least 2-3 different strains lowest potency of 25%THC up to 28%THC. They're marked for a dispensary but it "must have fallen off the back of a truck" so no complaints here...

jl420,
Reactions: muunch
Top Bottom