• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

what do i need to know about buying a 14mm ground glass stem?

weedemon

enthusiast
Hi Fc'ers!

So i have a standard stem in my bong pictured below.

I have a mflb water pipe attachment on the way in the mail, and I also want to buy a swing so that i can vape my oils with another method.

I know it's a 14mm size. but my question is this: where would you guys go to buy a new stem? there are not any head shops near me locally, and really i would want to get a nice diffused stem anyways. :p

What would you guys recommend? is this a it doesn't matter what one i get it will work no matter what? or is there something tricky about it that i do not know and will be pissed at myself for fucking up later if i buy without this knowledge.

thanks guys!

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

IF you are trying to convert that bong it will be difficult since it is so small and is a grommet in the first place.

I would suggest getting a nice simple clear tube thats a little taller and then you would just need a swing(or dome for certain textured extracts)

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
is a grommet the rubber washer thing that hold the stem in?

so i can't convert "toady" to the next generation of glass inserts? :(

weedemon,
The ROOTS glassware company blows groument glass diffusers. Don't quote me if any of them will fit in that piece but you could look on line somewhere maybe :/

biojuggernaut,

turtles

weedemon said:
is a grommet the rubber washer thing that hold the stem in?

so i can't convert "toady" to the next generation of glass inserts? :(
you might be able to, but the cost would be astronomical compared to the benifits
small tubes are ~50 at a local head shop?

turtles,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah but it's over 2 hours away! i do have some time off coming up though. i could go for a lil drive i guess.

thanks for clearing that up for my guys :)

new bong on the horizon i think! :)

weedemon,

turtles

oh man that's rough, I'm so spoiled having 2 within bike range, sometimes I forget :(

also, glass is a lot cheaper online at least in the US, if you can wait

turtles,

weedemon

enthusiast
yep i am ordering the swing online too so i am willing to wait :p

what do you guys recommend?

I want something small. preferably not too expensive either! when the vxc comes about then i will own a fancy tube. until then this just need to get the job done :)

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
they are the same money. one is possibly an inch taller than the other, but the stem looks more interesting on the Rx industries one.

which would you guys reccomend more? is there any benefit of one over the other?

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

for the MFLb you will probably want something a bit shorter, and at that height, every inch counts!
but of course its up to you and its a close call with them both being about the same price.

Nycdeisel,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Personally I like how the down stem on the RX is much better than the SSFG. That's what would decide for me considering besides that they are pretty similar.

aesthyrian,

Sour Deez

U are better off getting a GonG(glass on glass) bong then trying to work with that grommet one. Trust me.

I have that exact tube NYC posted. I use it for my SSV and love it.

Sour Deez,

weedemon

enthusiast
with the rx industries one it says:

Hand punched Diffusor Stem (No Slits!) 18.8-14.4mm Bushing and 14.4mm Bowl piece.

does this mean it will fit both 18 and 14 mm types?

is a punched diffuser stem better than slits?

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
ty for all the info! I am going to hit up that shop that is 2 h away see what they have and if not buy the rx one i think. :) once i have a bong like this i can then replace the stem a lot more easily right?

weedemon,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
My son has the 14 inch RXI tube. It's very well made and the diffy is really pretty nice. It also was shipped insanely fast. I use the HVY small tube with the MFLB. It works way better than my inline and bubbler with the MFLB. So I totally recommend a small tube for the LB...

Tstat,

weedemon

enthusiast
do you guys think 1 foot is small enough? my green zong you see there is only 8 inches tall.

weedemon,

Sour Deez

Its really up to you, for me, 12" is perfect. Your piece might hold as much vapor as mine even tho its shorter cause it has the bend, u know, not that it really matters, just pointing it out.

But yea, really comes down to personal preference.

I dont think you can go wrong with either the RX or SSFG, both quality pieces.

Sour Deez,

weedemon

enthusiast
So i went to an awesome glass shop in Barrie today. Liquid Chrome. (any local Canuks pleas go give them your business! they are really cool folks!) I already knew it was kick ass but last time i was there i was not in the market for glass.

I saw to many 300-1000+ dollar pieces that I wanted! haha Lots of big names too. Sheldon Black, Toro, Roor, umm i dunno too many glass names but i can tell you there were a lot there! 2 floors of it!

I'm a pretty big spender so i ended up spending 85 bucks on an 14mm Ehle 250ml bong. (I see it on EDIT for 56, but i have it today with no shipping and i supported a local store so it's ok :p ) It is pretty small and has a cool punched style diffuser in the stem - 13 holes. I will post pics tomorrow (it's 4 am and i just got home). it's also got an angled tube. The WPA for my MFLB is amazing with it!! :p

They gave me a free pipe too. Not that I will ever use it, But it's cool they do that anyways :p

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

Nice! ehle is good glass! that is a good sized tube :)

enjoy it! i didnt get great results from my MFLB on the bong with the WPA, but more power to you!

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
Nycdeisel said:
Nice! ehle is good glass! that is a good sized tube :)

enjoy it! i didnt get great results from my MFLB on the bong with the WPA, but more power to you!

is it? ok good! i wasn't sure, but being lumped in with all the other brands I saw there I assumed they must also be decent. I have heard of them on here, but always thought of it as more of a budget piece. which is exactly what this is for me too!

how is it pronounced? I was thinking something like Ellie? or maybe it's more like Erle?

I have since used my SSV though it too, and omg even more satisfying! :p

i also used my backup mflb to run some oil and those were smaller clouds but the water filtration makes the oil less dry on the throat.

Why have I not gone to bed yet? omg... to excited about this new bong and want to try to many things :p I also ordered the HMK swing from gratefulbuys also! on sale for 50 instead of 70 and then i got an additional 10% with a coupon.

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good choice, I bought one myself recently to accompany my Solo:

minip1010549.jpg

Got it for 45,- euro's + shipping including the diffuser downstem. Unfortunatly this shop (head&nature) doesn't ship to the USA or Canada.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom