What do Californians (and the rest) think of AUMA?

Scott A

He would have been detrimental if he assigned Christie as Attorney General. That was a concern before but it isn't any longer.
I guess yeah sure Christie would have been bad but there was nothing of fact to indicate that he would go with Christie. Its just blatant fear mongering. If anything Trump leaves it to the states and I think our states have shown when given the chance we will push through pro marijuana laws even in my shitty state.

Scott A,

lwien

Its just blatant fear mongering.

Sigh...........:disgust:

I'll just say this on that subject and then I'm done. Fear mongering ran rampant in this election by BOTH parties and was practiced by the base and those who they elected by both parties and for good reason. Fear is a prime motivator. Best way to get votes is to instill fear of the opposing side.

Now that the election is over, there is understandably residual fear left over from the election and that would have occurred regardless who won.

Labeling someone as a fear mongerer at this point in time serves no purpose other than to pour salt onto an open wound. That is the ONLY purpose that it serves so how 'bout we just let that shit go and get back to what this thread is really all about, eh?

Ok........I'm done. Back to our regular scheduled programming.

Scott A

Sigh...........:disgust:

I'll just say this on that subject and then I'm done. Fear mongering ran rampant in this election by BOTH parties and was practiced by the base and those who they elected by both parties and for good reason. Fear is a prime motivator. Best way to get votes is to instill fear of the opposing side.

Now that the election is over, there is understandably residual fear left over from the election and that would have occurred regardless who won.

Labeling someone as a fear mongerer at this point in time serves no purpose other than to pour salt onto an open wound. That is the ONLY purpose that it serves so how 'bout we just let that shit go and get back to what this thread is really all about, eh?

Ok........I'm done. Back to our regular scheduled programming.
It serves the purpose of separating real sane ideas and thoughts from the insane ideas and thoughts. Such as the idea that some how Trump is going to be bad for the pro marijuana cause. That left over fear that you point out your self was built on fear mongering and without calling it out we wont get rid of it.

Scott A,

Scott A

:doh:............Ok, now I'm REALLY done.
If you think "Obama needs to remove cannabis from Schedule one before Trump, Guilianni, and Christie bring their jackboots to our throats." is an actual sane thought then I guess you REALLY are done...

There is no reason to not call out fear mongering for what it is.

Scott A,

MyCollie

It serves the purpose of separating real sane ideas and thoughts from the insane ideas and thoughts. Such as the idea that some how Trump is going to be bad for the pro marijuana cause. That left over fear that you point out your self was built on fear mongering and without calling it out we wont get rid of it.

I'm assuming you are referring to some of my posts. You can call me out all you want.

I provided clear and concise evidence for my concerns about Trump's transition team and included links to NORML's "Congressional Scorecard." I also referenced statements made by a leader in the drug reform movement. This is not fear mongering - it's honest commentary. There are Democrats that I would be concerned about too and this issue crosses party lines.

However, the fact that Jeff Sessions could be appointed AG is concerning. Would he pull the Cole memo? I don't know (I hope not) but I do know that he thinks that "good people don't smoke marijuana." He's also overly concerned about Lady Gaga's use of it.

He said:

"In truth, we've seen dramatic improvements in nearly 30 years, 25 years, in reduction of crime," Sessions said. "You got to have leadership from Washington. You can't have the president of the United States saying 'marijuana, it's no different than taking a drink.' It is different."

Leadership. From. Washington. - That's not 'States' Rights'

https://www.c-span.org/video/?40611...ion-bill&start=7915&transcriptQuery=marijuana

Scott A

That thin ice you were on just cracked. Warning point issued for not being nice.
I'm assuming you are referring to some of my posts. You can call me out all you want.

I provided clear and concise evidence for my concerns about Trump's transition team and included links to NORML's "Congressional Scorecard." I also referenced statements made by a leader in the drug reform movement. This is not fear mongering - it's honest commentary. There are Democrats that I would be concerned about too and this issue crosses party lines.

However, the fact that Jeff Sessions could be appointed AG is concerning. Would he pull the Cole memo? I don't know (I hope not) but I do know that he thinks that "good people don't smoke marijuana." He's also overly concerned about Lady Gaga's use of it.

He said:

"In truth, we've seen dramatic improvements in nearly 30 years, 25 years, in reduction of crime," Sessions said. "You got to have leadership from Washington. You can't have the president of the United States saying 'marijuana, it's no different than taking a drink.' It is different."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?40611...ion-bill&start=7915&transcriptQuery=marijuana
I was directly referring to the 2 posts by a single member that I quoted earlier in this thread but if the shoe fits wear it.

Scott A,

lwien

There is no reason to not call out fear mongering for what it is.
if the shoe fits wear it.

wLXcBpe.gif

Adobewan

He said:

No Bro, he's referring to my posts...
...and may not know what fear mongering means.

Keep your medical cards to avoid the heavy taxations by the way. With a medical card you don't have to pay the 15% tax that Prop 64 allowed.
In California less than 10,000 people have the state ID cards distributed through county public health depts. There are hundreds of thousands of MMJ patients. The cards cost $150 in my county but Prop 64 reduced the max charge to $100; $50 if you have medi-cal; zero if indigent. You will need to spend over $100/month just to break even. Most won't do it.
What one person calls "fear mongering" another person calls "speaking the truth." Both left and right do it and much of it is based on what seems like (to the one speaking) a reasonable assessment of risk. We all have opinions. They are as ubiquitous as assholes. Dispute facts, not opinions.

Last edited:
archangelz001,
Reactions: KimDracula

MyCollie

No Bro, he's referring to my posts...
...and may not know what fear mongering means.

Sorry, I'd been posting a lot about these issues in another thread as well and figured his comment was at least partially directed towards me.

I'll hold off on additional posts until official policy statements are released from this administration.

Last edited:
MyCollie,

lwien

'll hold off on additional posts until official policy statements are released from this administration.

Well, this administration has just appointed Jeff Sessions as our new Attorney General. An assistant Attorney General stated that Sessions said that: "The Klu Klux Klan is ok until I found out that they smoked marijuana."

I don't think that I've ever heard one sentence be so wrong on so many different levels.

Last edited:

TwistedGray

In California less than 10,000 people have the state ID cards distributed through county public health depts. There are hundreds of thousands of MMJ patients. The cards cost $150 in my county but Prop 64 reduced the max charge to $100; $50 if you have medi-cal; zero if indigent. You will need to spend over $100/month just to break even. Most won't do it.

I could see that

TwistedGray,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Well, this administration has just appointed Jeff Sessions as our new Attorney General. An assistant Attorney General stated that Sessions said that: "The Klu Klux Klan is ok until I found out that they smoked marijuana."

I don't think that I've ever heard one sentence be so wrong on so many different levels.
In a Trump admistratiin that would be a plus it seems like. That was a long time ago but it should disqualify him IMO. What is this Eenie, Meany, mighty mo?

Last edited:

Tranquility

Google:

sessions "deemed too racist"

See how the media pack works. Do we think the headlines (and body) from all those different organizations organically came up with the same narrative?

Tranquility,
I see three headlines with the word deemed in them. Two from aggregation blogs (HuffPo and Jezebel) and one from a British paper.

The rest of the news refers to accusations of racism against Sessions... because Sessions was accused of racism and denied a federal judgeship. You can't really write about why Sessions isn't a judge without the word 'racism.'

herbivore21

Holy shit! My jaw just dropped to the floor. Did he really say that? I can't tell in this post-truth era anymore!

Tranquility

I see three headlines with the word deemed in them. Two from aggregation blogs (HuffPo and Jezebel) and one from a British paper.

The rest of the news refers to accusations of racism against Sessions... because Sessions was accused of racism and denied a federal judgeship. You can't really write about why Sessions isn't a judge without the word 'racism.'
You forgot (and body).

Being accused of "racism" as based on the hearings can reasonably be generated without collusion--especially if one wants to put one's thumb on the scale. Using "deemed too racist" is a pretty odd phrase to be generated independently.

In addition to the ones you mentioned, my (1st) page also has:
Politicsusa.com
Heavy.com
Atlantablackstar.com
Twitter of Dan Pfeiffer (Possibly where the phrase originated.)
(The advertisement against Sessions that used the phrase. It is from .Mic.)

With all the Wikileaks that came out showing media collusion with the DNC (And, Hillary.), I believe the use of the odd phrase in so many media sources is an intentionally planned attack against an enemy and not a reporting of the news that, coincidentally, just happened to use the same phrase. Note also how the articles don't attribute the phrase to a quote. Some are fair in that they give the issues the author believes racist. Others merely make a claim he was "deemed" too racist.

It is manipulation. It is intentional.

Holy shit! My jaw just dropped to the floor. Did he really say that? I can't tell in this post-truth era anymore!
He did. It was said to be joking at the time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ns-racist-remarks_us_582cd73ae4b099512f80c0c2

Sessions also remarked that he thought the KKK was OK until he found out they smoked marijuana, according to Figures. The statement was made in connection with the prosecution of a Klan member who had hanged a black man. From Figures’ testimony:

582dfbc21700002500e7b0c2.jpeg

CONGRESSIONAL TRANSCRIPT
Questioned at the time by now-Vice President Joe Biden, Sessions admitted to the comments and said they were intended humorously.

582e02ef1a00002400cc87d0.jpeg

CONGRESSIONAL TRANSCRIPT
582e29c2180000ca0330ebc5.jpeg

CONGRESSIONAL TRANSCRIPT​

Last edited:
Tranquility,

lwien

Besides the outrageous KKK/Marijuana statement that he made, he also said this....

"Marijuana can't be safer than alcohol because Lady Gaga says she's sddicted to it"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsu...y-gaga-says-shes-addicted-to-it/#f0658ec53545

I'm not sure which statement is more outrageous. How in the fuck can you draw the conclusion that marijuana is not safer than alcohol because of one persons addiction to marijuana? And he's holding up Lady Gaga as his prime example for his argument? :doh:

Considering that Trump is appointing Sessions as his AG and Flynn as his national security advisor along with appointing Scalia clones to the Supreme Court, all I can say is..............we're fucked.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Besides the outrageous KKK/Marijuana statement that he made, he also said this....

"Marijuana can't be safer than alcohol because Lady Gaga says she's sddicted to it"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsu...y-gaga-says-shes-addicted-to-it/#f0658ec53545

I'm not sure which statement is more outrageous. How in the fuck can you draw the conclusion that marijuana is not safer than alcohol because of one persons addiction to marijuana? And he's holding up Lady Gaga as his prime example for his argument? :doh:

Considering that he's appointing Sessions as his AG and Flynn as his national security advisor along with appointing Scalia clones to the Supreme Court, all I can say is..............we're fucked.
It seems like noone ever told him alcohol was addictive! :lol:

Also @OldNewbie thanks for the transcripts, it seems like in that instance, the problem was more that he was sounding sympathetic to the klan right after the murder of an African American by the klan. That is poorly considered to say the least!

His views on cannabis as well as the various allegations of his racism stand out to me as not encouraging signs for his tenure as AG!

Last edited:
You forgot (and body).

Being accused of "racism" as based on the hearings can reasonably be generated without collusion--especially if one wants to put one's thumb on the scale. Using "deemed too racist" is a pretty odd phrase to be generated independently.

In addition to the ones you mentioned, my (1st) page also has:
Politicsusa.com
Heavy.com
Atlantablackstar.com
Twitter of Dan Pfeiffer (Possibly where the phrase originated.)

So three more aggregator blogs.

You think the Clinton/DNC media conspiracy is centered around some clickbait sites - but not, you know, reputable newspapers or anything?

jirodreamsofbooty,
Top Bottom