What Colorado's Governor Wants America to Know About Legalizing Weed

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I'm curios, they say they are on target to make $100m by end of fiscal year on recreational MJ.

Is that including MMJ, do they lump the whole lot together, because it's legal for recreational use, all users are simply stoners?

How is it even possible to distinguish between MMJ and recreations use, especially when a patient such as my self does it for both reasons?

woolspinner

I'm curios, they say they are on target to make $100m by end of fiscal year on recreational MJ.

Is that including MMJ, do they lump the whole lot together, because it's legal for recreational use, all users are simply stoners?

How is it even possible to distinguish between MMJ and recreations use, especially when a patient such as my self does it for both reasons?

How to distinguish? Easily done. Registered MMJ users have a card to buy medical marijuana at the lower tax rate. Many dispensaries that serve both have separate areas or at least label which strains are available for MMJ and which are rec. To become licensed, you have to see a doctor who will determine if you have any of the conditions listed for which you can prescribe cannabis.

Each state handles it differently, but that is how it is handled in Colorado.

Unfortunately, some unscrupulous doctors set up shop and will prescribe for anyone willing to pay their exorbitant fees. And that makes some people feel most mmj card are obtained under false pretense, which is not true. For every 22 year old with glaucoma or sciatica, there are patients who genuinely use cannabis to treat pain, anxiety, nausea and other approved conditions. The list of approved conditions is not complete compared to the list of conditions treated by people "off-label".

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
So does that mean those with official and genuine MMJ cards, aren't allowed to enjoy it? :hmm:

Is a true MMJ user someone who wouldn't consume cannabis, if it wasn't being taken as medicine?

1DMF,
Reactions: Magic9

woolspinner

So does that mean those with official and genuine MMJ cards, aren't allowed to enjoy it? :hmm:

Is a true MMJ user someone who wouldn't consume cannabis, if it wasn't being taken as medicine?

To #1 - no

To #2 - i suspect you do not require an answer to this question.

Last edited:
woolspinner,
Reactions: Magic9

little maggie

To #1 - no

To #2 - i suspect you do not require an answer to this question.
Actually you'd be surprised at the number of people I run into who have never used marijuana before but just started because of the change in prescription pain medication. They don't like using it even though it's legal (in Washington) because of all the messages they've gotten over the years. But now that pain meds have been taken away this is all that works.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
They don't like using it even though it's legal (in Washington) because of all the messages they've gotten over the years.
This is what intrigues me. How perception and categorisation works in a post illegal world.

Legality vs stigma , medicine vs enjoyment and the perception of who fits where.

If you are prescribed morphine for a long time, you can be just as much a heroine (opiate) addict as your commonal garden smack head.

You can also argue that after a point a street heroine addict is no longer a recreational user, and it becomes medicine because without it they become very sick indeed.

I caught a gimps of the Jeremy Kyle show, and he was ripping into some kid because he smokes weed plus having a right dig at his ex-girlfriend for having got pregnant by a stoner dope head. The audience cheered and clapped profusely to his rhetoric!

How do you think that made me feel literally a month from becoming a father.

How would this perception and attitude change if it should ever be made legal or at least decriminalised in the U.K.?

We can't have scumbags like Jeremy Vile spewing his bile on national T.V.

How do you change this ignorant and arrogant attitude of the general public?

Hell even in legal states, you still get that dick head in the DEA calling MMJ a joke.

So is it only truly medicine if you pretend you don't like it?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Time is how you change the attitude, unfortunately it's taken this long to get to the bottom of the baloney. It starts when people start understanding that a) it's a plant, and b) it's a medicine. Very unique. Very powerful. Very accessible. It's a gift from mother nature and god.

C No Ego

Time is how you change the attitude, unfortunately it's taken this long to get to the bottom of the baloney. It starts when people start understanding that a) it's a plant, and b) it's a medicine. Very unique. Very powerful. Very accessible. It's a gift from mother nature and god.
well all " medicine" starts as a piece or part of a plant from most likely the amazon then the synthetics take over from there being pushed and sold. people just don't think of where does that medicine come from that costs thousands a $econd to take while nature is pumping it out for free at tens of thousands a second..

C No Ego,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@Gregori interesting video, seems very articulate and genuine.
PS : Thanks, not long now 3-4 weeks :o

Edit: I'm not sure I like his opinion that if I enjoy cannabis I'm impeding others from using it medically.

Some like prescription drugs, does that stop some taking those prescriptions?

It also solidifies my comment that it appears I have to pretend I don't like cannabis, for it to be MMJ! (or in his words, use it for wellness, not enjoyment per sae)

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Marijuana has huge influence on Colorado tourism, state survey says

A recent Colorado Tourism Office survey of summer travelers shows 48 percent were influenced by legal recreational pot

People that don't ever ski or fly are like....I'm flying to Colorado to go skiing.....

Can count 5 people I know.

They didn't mention cannabis but....I mean downlow or not I wasn't born yesterday. Most of those people are people who pretty much would have NEVER went to CO.

howie105

As long as the state gets its hundred million dollars the politicians might not care, the real problem will come when someone thinks two hundred million dollars would be a better amount to collect, then medical and recreational users will all get burned.

C No Ego

As long as the state gets its hundred million dollars the politicians might not care, the real problem will come when someone thinks two hundred million dollars would be a better amount to collect, then medical and recreational users will all get burned.

no amount of money will ever be enough. we are selling the freaking planet piece by piece and do not give a F%#k

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The price of pot is tumbling in Colorado

"In less than a year, we've seen wholesale prices drop to nearly half of their previous totals," John Manlove, director of sales at Tradiv, told Business Insider in an email. "We've never seen prices like this."

The reason prices are dropping so rapidly is because the market's getting flooded. As growers ramp up production, the huge amount of marijuana hitting the market in Colorado is causing a "steady decline" in wholesale prices regardless of demand, says Manlove.

Top Bottom