What causes taste differences between dab surfaces?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
There's a definite taste difference when dabbing off of different surfaces, such as titanium, quartz, SiC, sapphire, and ruby.

My question is what exactly causes these taste differences?

I know the different surfaces all have different thermal properties, but are those thermal properties what cause the difference in taste? If so, what is the specific mechanism that causes the differences? Does it have to do with the microscopic texture/shape of the dab surface itself, ie nucleation points/etc?

Hoping someone can drop some knowledge on me. Been curious about the underpinnings of the mechanics of what's going on when we dab.

Thanks!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
https://www.gemsociety.org/article/thermal-properties-gems/
Well from what i see Diamond has greater thermal conductivity than others(even than silver and copper) ,i guess it is so with saphire and ruby. I have really poor knowledge on the subject and am not even into dabbing but.. also think that the other thermal properties also count for it,just dont know how exactly.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Roth

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Was hoping someone could enlighten me. Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't know the answer!

steama

I have been thinking of this too. I think the ability to retain high temperatures for longer periods of time is key to a good dabbing surface. How stable and inert the dabbing surface material is. How much a dabbing surface gasses off at high temperatures affecting the flavor.

Top Bottom