• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman is now using Red Panda (Arctic Fox for color screens since he's using the Wismec Ravage 230W Mod). I'd like to hear from him on which software he prefers now having used all of them. So what say you bossman? & what's best for Bazinga using the RX Gen3.
The Sinuous Ravage with Red Panda has really impressed me and worth keeping a ZV2 on despite the stack height. That's my only Red Panda mod but the firmware is lovely. My only complaint is that I'd prefer to increment by five degrees.

To your question, after having Tubo, myevic, and Arctic Fox on mostly a bunch of rxg3d mods I still prefer myevic but it might be that I just know how to get one setup the way I like because I've made the most repeated config attempts. I like the short long press to cruise, I can set TCR, max wattage, accept cold resistance and the rest is just UI and click preferences. I only tried Tubo once recently and it didn't match what I was already capable of with myevic settings and there was little reason to tinker. The Arctic Fox theme doesn't look as nice to me and again as soon as one of my Splinters wasn't showing out as much I flashed it back. I'm sure I could get down with any one of them though.

Good luck @Bazinga!

Bazinga

Bossman uses surmyevic anyway, but yeah I really they're all the same capable of the same, arctic fox is nice that you can set it up on the computer... If you wanna give me a pm Bazinga, I guess I can take a look at my profile settings on computer. You will need to tweak a bit for what works for you, but there are some basic things to set up I suppose that could get you up and running... We may need to get on the phone!

Edit: just realized you are setting up a ZV2 actually, mine is a regular V2 so the settings are going to be different, but here is what to tweak

Set power to 45w or 50 is fine too, make the mode "temp control" and choose TCR for coil material, set TCR value to 180 to start (this is the value you will have to keep tweaking until you start to experience accurate temperature for your hits, the trial and error part. Click set up and set P and I value as bossman has them for his and save. Above that, set your resistance to whatever your cold resistance reading is (probably around .41) and check the box with padlock to lock it. The initial setting for temperature doesn't matter, it will just start at that value is all, but you can push up and down buttons to set it to whatever you want for each use of course... That is basically it for figuring out temp control, but in the next tab next two profiles there is screen, that is where you can adjust the screen timeout and other things like what is displayed and I even added a RBT logo. Next tab for controls will have additional settings you can customize like the clique behavior (as you'll see they have an option to set the clicks for temp control mode and an option to set the clicks for power mode, so you don't need to set a profile for power you just switch the modes, using edit to cycle through the different modes at the top in the mod, I typically have edit set as 4 clicks, while 2 is my autofire and 3 shuts it off). Then you will want to go to the advanced tab, as this is where you can set the trigger cut off (10sec is too short and it can go up to 60, I think mine is 45 and I don't really ever take hits that long, but I never have to worry about it shutting off on me). You can also set the power limit here, to be 50 Watts, but there is not much else needed to do in this section. Download the settings so you can save them just in case, and upload to the device. should be all set, but you may have to go in and out back and forth as you figure out what TCR value works for you, try raising and lowering by 5 at a time and keep it at one temp like 380F so you can gauge what the temp should feel like to you

I finally have some time to play around with this. I did as you proposed with the exception of P&I values. Couldn't find Bossman's settings, so I don't know what those values are. Also, how do I determine cold resistance?

1nd3cEnt

how do I determine cold resistance?

'Cold resistance' is simply the resistance that exists at room temperature with the device 'cold', so allow your device to rest for several hours, & the resistance shown will be the coil's cold resistance. Once determined, cold resistance should be locked. Lamart's fw is a little different in that cold resistance is determined & noted by the manufacturer.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I finally have some time to play around with this. I did as you proposed with the exception of P&I values. Couldn't find Bossman's settings, so I don't know what those values are. Also, how do I determine cold resistance?

Good luck! I honestly don't know about the P and I, so maybe just try checking that box above them, instead of setting the values? And yeah cold resistance explained above/below

'Cold resistance' is simply the resistance that exists at room temperature with the device 'cold', so allow your device to rest for several hours, & the resistance shown will be the coil's cold resistance. Once determined, cold resistance should be locked. Lamart's fw is a little different in that cold resistance is determined & noted by the manufacturer.

Lamart FW is only for a Tubo or Tetra vape, settings up yourself all you have to do is zero values for the resistance. I think Bazinga is trying ArcticFox, which is great because it lets you lock the resistance and enter it manually very simply in the profile.

So for cold resistance you can just attach the Splinter to the mod with stock software, and see what there is a distance reading is when it's been sitting cold (careful, this can be a little tricky because if you press the fire button to wake the screen and check the resistance, you could be heating up the element and skewing the cold resistance reading)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Bazinga

I've given up on temperature control mode and will use the Wismecs in wattage mode. Works well enough with the Geek Vape Aegis X. After holding the fire button for 10 seconds the Wismecs shut down and have to be restarted with the normal on/off of 5 clicks. Is there a setting that would stop the heating after 10 seconds, but not turn the unit off? This is the way the Aegis works.

Shit Snacks

I've given up on temperature control mode and will use the Wismecs in wattage mode. Works well enough with the Geek Vape Aegis X. After holding the fire button for 10 seconds the Wismecs shut down and have to be restarted with the normal on/off of 5 clicks. Is there a setting that would stop the heating after 10 seconds, but not turn the unit off? This is the way the Aegis works.

There is a secret menu where you can access autoshutoff time and change it to 15 seconds, but you will need a custom firmware to make it any longer, as I said that is actually the biggest benefit of the custom firmware (since temp control is more of a luxury once set up properly)

510MOD

Manufacturer
Myevic or arctic fox is what you want. Myevic allows a feature called autofire where you press the button once and it runs through the entire heat cycle unless you press the button again to cancel. The autofire cycle can be changed from 1-25seconds or infinite which means it will only shut off if the device gets too hot or if you press the fire button a second time.

Arctic Fox is similar, however I think it only allows up to 300 seconds on their autofire feature which may be called something other than autofire.

Edit: I would not recommend use of the latest Tubo firmware unless you have an actual Tubo device. If you cannot find the myevic.bin file please send me a private message with your email and I will send it to you.

Shit Snacks

Myevic or arctic fox is what you want. Myevic allows a feature called autofire where you press the button once and it runs through the entire heat cycle unless you press the button again to cancel. The autofire cycle can be changed from 1-25seconds or infinite which means it will only shut off if the device gets too hot or if you press the fire button a second time.

Arctic Fox is similar, however I think it only allows up to 300 seconds on their autofire feature which may be called something other than autofire.

Edit: I would not recommend use of the latest Tubo firmware unless you have an actual Tubo device. If you cannot find the myevic.bin file please send me a private message with your email and I will send it to you.

Disagree, there is no reason to use surmyevic over tubomyevic for splinter, you are tweaking settings either way (or just using wattage, in which case both and AF are even more fine)

Also he should NOT be using autofire or cruise at all, especially in wattage, way too risky. He just needs to adjust the auto shut off timer which any of the firmware can do easily...

Bazinga

Disagree, there is no reason to use surmyevic over tubomyevic for splinter, you are tweaking settings either way (or just using wattage, in which case both and AF are even more fine)

Also he should NOT be using autofire or cruise at all, especially in wattage, way too risky. He just needs to adjust the auto shut off timer which any of the firmware can do easily...

Snacks, as usual you hit the proverbial nail on the head. Yes, I want to adjust the auto shut off timer. Is this possible with Arctic Fox?

Shit Snacks

Snacks, as usual you hit the proverbial nail on the head. Yes, I want to adjust the auto shut off timer. Is this possible with Arctic Fox?

Yup of course! You can set it up to 60sec, without autofire, see below!

This could be helpful from my previous post:
The tab for controls will have additional settings you can customize like the click behavior (as you'll see they have an option to set the clicks for temp control mode and an option to set the clicks for power mode, so you don't need to set a profile for power you just switch the modes, using edit to cycle through the different modes at the top in the mod, I typically have edit set as 4 clicks, while 2 is my autofire and 3 shuts it off).

But this part is what you're looking for:
Then you will want to go to the advanced tab, as this is where you can set the trigger cut off (10sec is too short and it can go up to 60, I think mine is 45 and I don't really ever take hits that long, but I never have to worry about it shutting off on me). You can also set the power limit here, to be 50 Watts, but there is not much else needed to do in this section.

Also by the way when it hits the shut off, it won't turn off the mod like the stock firmware does. So even if you do take a hit for a full 60 seconds it still won't force you to turn the mod back on.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Haven't been in this thread in a while. Hey @bossman, I see above you posted about the only new DNA chipped mod I have seen in a long time, the Centaurus. Did you get it (I'm sure you did ;) ) and if so, how do you like it?
I'm glad to see something DNA come out finally...

Summer

Long Island, NY
Yeah it's actually not that bad, not a big deal to double press either, but having it shut off on you is super annoying lol also need the secret menu

I don't ever repress as 15 sec is the longest I go & then I continue to draw 2 -3 sec. longer.

I don't get secret menu? :hmm: The firing time setting is easily accessible on the p80 & Ravage stock firmware.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Haven't been in this thread in a while. Hey @bossman, I see above you posted about the only new DNA chipped mod I have seen in a long time, the Centaurus. Did you get it (I'm sure you did ;) ) and if so, how do you like it?
I'm glad to see something DNA come out finally...
No, I don't want anymore DNA250C mods unless I come across an irresistible deal.

If I had the patience to keep single cell mods charged up I'd be keen to find a better deal on this newcomer:
https://cheapvaping.deals/dovpo-odin-mini

There's also an Odin with two 21700s that looks handy but only at like fifty percent off.

My mod purchase since the Ravage was some backup rxg3ds.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sinuous Ravage for $29 from Wismec.us with code
DANIELTHEVAPEMAN

bossman,
Reactions: Summer

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I am on the hunt for a stabilized wood unit, any reviews on asmodus they seem reasonabley priced. Needs to be regulated. Ive asked a few people on ig for prices too. I will have a musa 510 soon and would like a mod box that looks well with it without performance issues

iDRINKBLEACH,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@iDRINKBLEACH – Beware of Asmodus' touch screen, they are awful (or were awful the last time I tested them). Asmodus in general to me always seemed a little overpriced. I totally recommend buying mods in an offline store and not blindly.

Siebter,

Ripstar

I poked my head in this thread and it almost exploded because of so much info. Might have to be in a different mind set to skim this bad boy but really want a iHeat, probably not lucky enough to find a splinter

Ripstar,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom