• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I stumbled upon this at https://myvpro.com/products/dovpo-mono-sq-signature-mod?variant=31680009437262

Screenshot-20200301-110710.jpg

Seems like a pretty nice single battery color DNA75c mod... I went with the all black, since there is no purple or grey, which I might have preferred...

Was planning to use this for my Osage Orange iHeat, though it may look really nice with my SplinterV2 as an all black stealther since it also seems like there is plenty of room for minimal overhang (it fits 25 and 26mm well so iHeat will be fine, but 28mm atomizers had overhang so we're see with Splinter... Mine may stay on the P80 with ArcticFox TCR then)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Interesting to see SQ collaborate with Dovpo.

I personally find the price a tad too high for a box made in China, but when I try to come up with comparable mods released recently made in China (with a DNA 75C) I actually struggle a bit, so it seems to fill a niche.

Shit Snacks

someone had said my macro II dna75 looked cheap or like plastic , lol , this though.

it’s whata inside and what’s on top that matters really ..

I know that was me haha but I was wrong once we could see your in-person photos, that's why I think these will look a little better when you can tell that it's metal and not plastic... Though that is why I went with the all black one too lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Shit Snacks

IMG-20200307-002932505.jpg

IMG-20200307-002921210.jpg

So I am sure I don't have this set up the best way, I have not plugged into the computer for escribe yet for Herbie's profiles like I did with RX DNA250, this is my first color DNA75C and I was hoping it might be even simpler... For now I am just using the SS316 temp profile and it seems to be working fine more or less... Getting a decent range 325-425F, though I think it could be tuned in a little better, so I'll tweak settings.

IMG-20200307-002903992.jpg

IMG-20200307-003118240.jpg

Having the battery door like this (the other panel on the other side can be removed as well to pop the battery out easily) helps make the mod super small and more ergonomic despite the boxy shape, I also find it easy to change the battery and yeah the whole thing is pretty sleek!

IMG-20200307-002839894.jpg

I haven't tried this with my SplinterV2 yet, since I have that set up so well on a P80 with ArcticFox TCR now, but I just might switch it did the DNA once I figure out how to get the profiles on there since black-on-black should look pretty good and I think it can account for (the hopefully minimal) overhang...

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I will be interested in how well it lasts with the one 18650. I like my VT75D with the same chip way better than I like my Drone with the DNA250c chip so that is a tempting mod to me.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
IMG-20200307-002932505.jpg

IMG-20200307-002921210.jpg

So I am sure I don't have this set up the best way, I have not plugged into the computer for escribe yet for Herbie's profiles like I did with RX DNA250, this is my first color DNA75C and I was hoping it might be even simpler... For now I am just using the SS316 temp profile and it seems to be working fine more or less... Getting a decent range 325-425F, though I think it could be tuned in a little better, so I'll tweak settings.

IMG-20200307-002903992.jpg

IMG-20200307-003118240.jpg

Having the battery door like this (the other panel on the other side can be removed as well to pop the battery out easily) helps make the mod super small and more ergonomic despite the boxy shape, I also find it easy to change the battery and yeah the whole thing is pretty sleek!

IMG-20200307-002839894.jpg

I haven't tried this with my SplinterV2 yet, since I have that set up so well on a P80 with ArcticFox TCR now, but I just might switch it did the DNA once I figure out how to get the profiles on there since black-on-black should look pretty good and I think it can account for (the hopefully minimal) overhang...
That's a slick looking mod. It looks pretty bulky for a single cell 18650, huh? I expected the Z to be more imposing and to overhang a bit. Seeing that side pic makes me wish they'd do a two cell version with a similar design.

Do get the Herbie profiles on there. There's really very little to do otherwise. My habit is to put the DNAc profiles on there for the Z and the Splinter, set one profile as wattage and then leave the others alone since you can't disable them. I've tried coping the Splinter and Z profiles to all eight slots but it's confusing and not worth doing. And as you're already aware I do have a habit of bumping the resistance above the cold reading on by DNA Splinter combos.

The downsides of the DNAc board are 1) you can't adjust the temp with a single button press, 2) I haven't been able to reliably stop my DNAc mods from rechecking resistance when I switch them back to TC from wattage, and 3) with a Z it can take a bit of coaxing to warm it up initially if you're not in wattage.

The upside is that TC is very precise and consistent. Even wattage on the new DNA mod should be stellar. In TC the vapor should just jump out of that Z and the first flavor hits can still be really dense.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
2) I haven't been able to reliably stop my DNAc mods from rechecking resistance when I switch them back to TC from wattage

It does so because it needs to check the resistance in order to gauge the temperature. To do so, the coil needs to be at room temp, the resistance it detects will then most likely be fixed (as opposed to wattage mode).

Siebter,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
...as you're already aware I do have a habit of bumping the resistance above the cold reading on by DNA Splinter combos.

The downsides of the DNAc board are 1) you can't adjust the temp with a single button press, 2) I haven't been able to reliably stop my DNAc mods from rechecking resistance when I switch them back to TC from wattage, and 3) with a Z it can take a bit of coaxing to warm it up initially if you're not in wattage.
All the above. My difference is on #2. My VT75D wants to check resistance any time I use it cold. It doesn't usually ask if I have used it in the last 15 minutes or so. My Drone doesn't do that.

cybrguy,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

That's a slick looking mod. It looks pretty bulky for a single cell 18650, huh? I expected the Z to be more imposing and to overhang a bit. Seeing that side pic makes me wish they'd do a two cell version with a similar design.

Do get the Herbie profiles on there. There's really very little to do otherwise. My habit is to put the DNAc profiles on there for the Z and the Splinter, set one profile as wattage and then leave the others alone since you can't disable them. I've tried coping the Splinter and Z profiles to all eight slots but it's confusing and not worth doing. And as you're already aware I do have a habit of bumping the resistance above the cold reading on by DNA Splinter combos.

The upside is that TC is very precise and consistent. Even wattage on the new DNA mod should be stellar. In TC the vapor should just jump out of that Z and the first flavor hits can still be really dense.

Oh no it's not, maybe a little compared to the P80, but tiny and lightweight, more comfortable to hold than G3D. But also that is an iHeat attached not a Z... Maybe that's why you thought it looked large? I was not planning to put a Z on this, sticking to RXgen3 dual batteries wattage and RX250 (with OG Herbie profile) triple batteries temp control for my Purpleheart and Canarywood custom Z's.

So this would be for Splinter V2, or iHeat as it is now. But yeah I gotta get Herbie's latest profiles on it... Have the links for me so I don't have to look anything up? ;):p but seriously lol I have the OG one on my computer from before, but yeah I don't know if it works for a DNA75C and there wasn't a V2 profile at all back then (I had used the Z one with RX when I had my V2 on it before I got my PH Z and put V2 on the P80 and set up TCR finally...

Anyway I gotta post more photos to show side better, the angles are tricky!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It does so because it needs to check the resistance in order to gauge the temperature. To do so, the coil needs to be at room temp, the resistance it detects will then most likely be fixed (as opposed to wattage mode).
My point was just the annoying prompt and the risk of picking the New by mistake, which puts you at greater risk of combustion
All the above. My difference is on #2. My VT75D wants to check resistance any time I use it cold. It doesn't usually ask if I have used it in the last 15 minutes or so. My Drone doesn't do that.
I didn't share it too widely but the $21 Wismec Sinuous Ravage has proven to be a winner with near instant heatup and great performance with the ZV2. It's a bit too wizard wand since the mod is another few cm taller than the rxg3d but it's got a color screen and with a simple Red Panda setup it's even as any of my DNA mods I'm pretty sure. I'll alert the forum if that deal comes back.
IMG-20200301-182129.jpg

But yeah I gotta get Herbie's latest profiles on it... Have the links for me so I don't have to look anything up?
I got you:
https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

Shit Snacks

You're the best! Here's some more comparison shots in exchange, I guess you're right it is a bit bulkier compared to these Wismec mods, but they just happen to be some of the smallest available is all... Maybe a little more size is also more comfortable to hold? Especially if still only one battery then the weight is not bad either.

IMG-20200308-205751746.jpg

IMG-20200308-205544891.jpg

IMG-20200308-205228286.jpg

IMG-20200308-205223147.jpg

IMG-20200308-205143971.jpg

I also have never gotten any error or anything asking me for resistance since I always lock it maybe...? Not sure if SQ is locked now

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You're the best! Here's some more comparison shots in exchange, I guess you're right it is a bit bulkier compared to these Wismec mods, but they just happen to be some of the smallest available is all... Maybe a little more size is also more comfortable to hold? Especially if still only one battery then the weight is not bad either.

I also have never gotten any error or anything asking me for resistance since I always lock it maybe...? Not sure if SQ is locked now
That was silly of me to confuse your iHeat with your canary Z. Thanks for the comparison pix. The new mod looks to be a great fit for the V2. I don't think any of my DNAc mods have the resistance locked so yeah maybe that's part of my minor issue with the re-checking.

Shit Snacks

That was silly of me to confuse your iHeat with your canary Z. Thanks for the comparison pix. The new mod looks to be a great fit for the V2. I don't think any of my DNAc mods have the resistance locked so yeah maybe that's part of my minor issue with the re-checking.

Haha yeah, but I could see how you made the mistake, why I thought of it! My iHeat is Osage Orange wood, much bolder color than this particular Canarywood (unfortunately, since some Canary has rich red and blue streaks with a strong golden yellow hue for the main grain)

@cybrguy btw iHeat battery life seems pretty good so far, but yeah I gotta get the settings uploaded and everything set up to test properly... And should test with the Splinter too ofcourse

Summer

Long Island, NY
Maybe a little more size is also more comfortable to hold?

Yes. That's why I like the Ravage & am disappointed in the P80. I don't have the g3d yet, but the way the circumference flairs out in the back seems like it would be more comfortable to grip than the g3d. The P80 for my large hands is too darn slim.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The triangular shaped 2 battery devices like the VT75D or the RX 2/3 in 2 battery mode seem to be the most comfortable mods in my hand. I guess I have kinda small hands, but that's OK cause it makes my penis look bigger... :rolleyes:

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Hello guys!
I just got a Wismec RX gen3 to use with my splinter, I currently use it with my evic vtwo mini.

Anything I should be aware of? Which batteries would you recommend? And should I charge them in the mod?

I'm excited to go from 1 battery to 3..... My splinter drains my 1 battery mod too quickly.

Thanks!

Alegre,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hello guys!
I just got a Wismec RX gen3 to use with my splinter, I currently use it with my evic vtwo mini.

Anything I should be aware of? Which batteries would you recommend? And should I charge them in the mod?

I'm excited to go from 1 battery to 3..... My splinter drains my 1 battery mod too quickly.

Thanks!
I've had best results with LG HG2 cells but have also used Sony VTC5A and Samsung 30Q with good results. My Samsungs are the poorest performing at this point but I think it's just because they've seen the most use. The newer Sony VTC6 are well-liked too.

I charge in the mod because I'm lazy about taking my Opus charger out each time but it's supposed to shorten the life of the cells I'm pretty sure.

Shop from one of the preferred sellers: illumn, liionwholesale, or imrbatteries.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I've had best results with LG HG2 cells but have also used Sony VTC5A and Samsung 30Q with good results. My Samsungs are the poorest performing at this point but I think it's just because they've seen the most use. The newer Sony VTC6 are well-liked too.

I charge in the mod because I'm lazy about taking my Opus charger out each time but it's supposed to shorten the life of the cells I'm pretty sure.

Shop from one of the preferred sellers: illumn, liionwholesale, or imrbatteries.
Thank you so much! Appreciate the reply. I'm going to send for some HG2's to start with a new set of batteries for this mod.

Alegre,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Alright I finally loaded the proper Herbie profiles on the MonoSQ and it does seem to be working better now! Had a nice session starting at 325 and ended at 395, many hits and could have kept going probably, but no desire to with the flavor gone at this point...

IMG-20200316-001447470.jpg

IMG-20200316-001251787.jpg

It is cool to have so much more that you can tweak in the software, though a lot is over my head I was able to adjust a bit. The color screen is nice, but I do prefer it to have a plain black background instead of the blue gradient it was initially set to. We'll see if I go any deeper with the customization, this should be good for now.

Frosti

Anybody have any experience with the Vaporesso GEN mod? On sale right now from sourcemore for $20, it’s a 220w TC mod with dual 18650 batteries. What makes it intriguing is they have a pulse mode that fires every 0.02 seconds. It kind of sounds like poor man’s TC, but I don’t know enough to be sure.

Frosti,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Anybody have any experience with the Vaporesso GEN mod? On sale right now from sourcemore for $20, it’s a 220w TC mod with dual 18650 batteries. What makes it intriguing is they have a pulse mode that fires every 0.02 seconds. It kind of sounds like poor man’s TC, but I don’t know enough to be sure.

Speaking of budget TC mods, if you have a Splinter or Splinter Z I recommend this Wismec Sinuous Ravage (supports Red Panda) for $25 shipped:

https://cheapvaping.deals/wismec-sinuous-ravage230-200w-box-mod-41-99

Top Bottom