1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by AJS, Oct 11, 2017.

1. SparkyMcBowl

SparkyMcBowl Member

I just picked up a Wismec DNA200 in bronze for under $50. Should look nice with a Splinter Z on top.

bossman, YaMon, Easywider and 2 others like this.
  2. oddjobold

oddjobold 510 Vaporist

What is my favorite mod? I have a lost vape paranormal 250c and have tried many more. My favorite is the sinous p80.

Choice of firmware, tiny size, cheap, and reliable. The 510 connector seems better than the mini and dual. I have had no issues swapping attys.

Already have 2 thinking of buying a third!

bossman, Megaton and MonkeyTime like this.
  3. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Cool, I had great results with that bronze wismec and my bubinga Z.

Here's a wenge Z on the Think Vape Finder I just got. Don't love the looks of the mod but it's the least douchey colorway and the performance has been exquisite.
    [​IMG]

SparkyMcBowl, Easywider and YaMon like this.
  4. bossman

Anybody have experience with the hcigar VT250S? I've never tried a Russian warehouse item from AliExpress.

US $67.08 61%OFF | Original HCigar VT250S Box mod 1-167W or 250W electronic cigarette 2-3 Batteries
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Mrj2gYiG

5. al bundy

al bundy Vaporist

Just got a Pico 21700 100w
    $40 Through Planet of the Vapes

I have a Evic Primo mini
    This Pico with stock firmware and the AVS Molecule works great

Even with the Evic Primo flashed with Arctic Fox it NEVER performed this good

A little big for my liking I may swap for the Primo 75 which is more closer in size to the Mini

The SINUOUS P80 looks nice too

But like I said the stock firmware seems great Going to have to try the Sai now with it bucket
    May flash Artic Fox as well
    And the M22 arrives Friday.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  6. bossman

7. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Previously all reports we had about YiHi were: not usable for dry herbs due to dry hit protection mechanism. But someone recently said he was using one successfully.

The problem is that there are many YiHi models with varying features and specs so we would need to know on a model by model basis.

http://www.yihiecigar.com/product/004000.html

If that aforementioned FC member could chime in that would be great by the way.

8. bossman

Yeah okay, that cheap one has the Yihi SX420, which oddly isn't listed on that page. Now that you spell it out it sounds like that dry hit wrinkle was the issue I had heard about. The deal page does say this one has that dealbreaker feature though if it turns out that's what's up.

KeroZen likes this.
  9. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

Got a Squid Industries Double Barrel mod yesterday from aliexpress for ~43€.
    Very solid, simple mod, only a wheel to set wattage and a button. Works and looks great with my Splinter V2.

sickmanfraud likes this.
  10. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Does it have a 10 sec cut off?

11. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

sadly it has :(

almost there likes this.
  12. bossman

Fuck your team
    https://cheapvaping.deals/flawless-tuglyfe-dna-250

Never had a built-in battery mod before but with the size of the Splinter fleet I thought it was worth a flyer and ordered the black one. Same chip as my old bronze wismec I think and while I do think the dnac mods are better I prefer the less fiddly temp adjustment with these older ones.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    almost there likes this.
  13. bossman

Too late to edit this post but now I'm thinking in my haste that I fucked up ordering this bro-y mod because the built-in battery is only 1200mah.

Womp womp, as they say

14. bossman

I think I'm gonna keep this DNA250 mod I got with the built-in 1200mah lipo:
    https://www.flawlessvapeshop.com/co...glyfe-dna-250w-box-mod?variant=30254244102255

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure if coupon code Hardware10 still works for ten percent off, which was the tipping point for me since I always liked the performance of my old bronze wismec dna250 but couldn't abide the wiggly battery door.

I ordered this mod last week and was worried I'd fucked up because that's a pretty sad battery size. I'm wondering if maybe lipo doesn't sag as noticeably as Li-ion. When paired with my V2 the battery drains about 1% per big hit, which is honestly fine if it performs well with the battery down in the 50% range or lower. I'm not sure what the rules are for either battery type but I never take my 18650 mods below around 65% because they don't work as well. So again, if this built-in lipo has a more usable charge range then it shouldn't be any less useful than my other mods. And the 510 placement and size is a good fit for the Splinter.

Also fuck your team.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  15. bossman

Easywider likes this.
  16. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

17. bossman

Yeah that's the obvious dumb thing about it. It'd be cool if the Drone or the Triade was a 2 or 3 cell. Somebody posted about storing weed in the squanch chamber, which is perhaps more plausible than even the shortest stem squeezing in there.

Easywider likes this.
  18. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

i can’t find a good photo but it looks like you might be able to house a stem. At least some herb storage.
    [​IMG]

19. dron19

dron19 Active Member

Wismec Reuleaux gen3 dual... works perfect for me

bossman, Summer and jbm like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors