What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
https://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_415574.html

I have the Nano 75. Similar and I love it as my small stealthy mod.

Ah no c, but nice and sleek! How's the overhang with Splinters and iHeat? I forget what you have, got any photos?

Found some shots of the two mods compared on their own at least:
3E0E00247C38E77FBBA6C63CA301B46F_640-360.jpg

901AE930A383D6CF54FB3253412F07E9_640-360.jpg

8C3E157B8E9F4C5692C389EBE0B7D15A_640-360.jpg

B9A12AE34D0D0AF6C1D7B753EA6CB582_640-360.jpg

Last edited:
Ah no c, but nice and sleek! How's the overhang with Splinters and iHeat? I forget what you have, got any photos?

Found some shots of the two mods compared on their own at least:
3E0E00247C38E77FBBA6C63CA301B46F_640-360.jpg

901AE930A383D6CF54FB3253412F07E9_640-360.jpg

8C3E157B8E9F4C5692C389EBE0B7D15A_640-360.jpg

B9A12AE34D0D0AF6C1D7B753EA6CB582_640-360.jpg
I'm at work now. Will try to get a pic this evening. I have a Splinter on it. Fits nicely and I just got a shorty roasting tube from Allen. I like it a lot but was specifically looking for a very small dna mod. I love it for use in the car. Mine is the same color as the one you posted the pic of.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, they both have significant overhang on the HCigar. I haven't, however, noticed any reason for that to be a concern. It's pretty much a cosmetic thing, isn't it?

Shit Snacks

Yeah, they both have significant overhang on the HCigar. I haven't, however, noticed any reason for that to be a concern. It's pretty much a cosmetic thing, isn't it?

For me its just a concern trying to lay it down on its side (only leave it standing upright for short periods of time when I know I won't knock it over, so not often at all) which is why the 2/3batt designs are nice in the triangle shapes for Splinter... Like I don't know how I would set down a P80 with one attached? And these two hcigar single batts I posted above too

Shit Snacks

I usually lay it in it's back, which leaves 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch of space under the Z. I can't imagine that the Z has anywhere near enough weight to be a problem for the 510 connector.
2qx7v48.jpg

Yup exactly, that's what I meant, the triangle shape, this is how I sit down my own Canary Z on my RX G3D perfectly. I never lie it on the other sides bc then it'd have the Splinter at an angle... So the single battery mods seem a bit trickier

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: cybrguy

little maggie

I don't think I've had a problem laying down any of mine but that's because I use a top screen so nothing falls out unless it falls.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

I don't think I've had a problem laying down any of mine but that's because I use a top screen so nothing falls out unless it falls.

Oh this has nothing to do with the stems or screens or herbs, even without a stem attached, I just don't want to rest mine down on a table and have it sit uneven, half on the Splinter and half on the mod or whatever. Do you have any photos of yours on the P80? Tinypic is an easy tool to share photos here like imgur was

Shit Snacks,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
My VT75D was delivered today, but I am unable to connect to it with eScribe using the same computer and USB cord as I use with my Wismec DNA mod. Ticket opened with GearBest.. stay tuned. :bang:

I put my IT hat on and regardless of the fact I just downloaded and installed eScribe, I downloaded a ever so slightly newer revision from the Evolv site and that got me up and working! Even installed @HerbieVonVapster ’s FC theme! Cannot wait to try this Mod tonight.

Last edited:
YaMon,
Reactions: Bizkat

Shit Snacks

Ok. I mainly use the p80 with my Z. My iheat is new and I'm enjoying getting to know it.

Yeah just seeing a pic of the Z on your P80 would be great, thanks!

I may put my iHeat on the VT75C some day, it sits without a mod for now...

Shit Snacks,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My AliExpress order took about 4 days longer, but I had the end of the New Year in there so about the same. The extra time for AE (or other China direct vendors) is worth it for the savings, but the wait was a little painful. And then there is the potential difficulty of dealing with China if there is a problem. So far no problem here so all is well.
I think you will like the DNA chip once you download the profile. I am using the SplinterZ 19/22 one, and I haven't bothered with wattage mode yet...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My VT75D was delivered today, but I am unable to connect to it with eScribe using the same computer and USB cord as I use with my Wismec DNA mod. Ticket opened with GearBest.. stay tuned. :bang:

I put my IT hat on and regardless of the fact I just downloaded and installed eScribe, I downloaded a ever so slightly newer revision from the Evolv site and that got me up and working! Even installed @HerbieVonVapster ’s FC theme! Cannot wait to try this Mod tonight.
Heck yeah man. My V1 and Z both love that mod with the Herbie profiles and Frank's theme.

Just got my AlieX paranormal in the mail. Three weeks from order to delivery. Two weeks transit. Pairs nice with the splinter. Have been using it in Watts boost until I load some profiles. Performance has been fantastic.

5-EDF40-D5-E725-475-E-AA1-A-5772977-C5854.jpg
That combo performs so well for me with the Herbie profile and Frank theme too. I'm jealous of your junior though. My long XL8R is full on wizard wand with my Z on that mod.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've been meaning to ask. Is Frank65 @HerbieVonVapster ? In other words is Herbie doing both the profiles we like AND the themes we like? I assume when people say the FC theme, Franks theme is what they are referring to, but you all know what happens when we assume...

HerbieVonVapster

I've been meaning to ask. Is Frank65 @HerbieVonVapster ? In other words is Herbie doing both the profiles we like AND the themes we like? I assume when people say the FC theme, Franks theme is what they are referring to, but you all know what happens when we assume...

Nope different person. My old eyes have problems with the font size on franks themes. Also before the service pack fix his themes was triggering the temperature throttling bug. Frank does has a couple themes. Might try out his horizontal version on one of the mods.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/profile/205798-frank65/?do=content&type=downloads_file&change_section=1

I am currently using this theme Theme.ecigtheme With the service pack fix to the DNA250c the throttling bug is a much rarer issue so most themes should work now with it.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I have two box mods, HCigar VT75D and Wismec Evolv DNA250 Reuleaux. The Wismec I have been using with my Custom Z purchased direct from RBT with great results using @HerbieVonVapster e-cig profiles from FCShare, but I did fix the ohms at 0.40. The temps read were low, it's low temp was 330 F and about the highest I needed to go was 350 F.

When the HCigar arrived I made the beginner mistake of upgrading the software on both mods and installing the latest FCShare e-cig themes, what a fuck up. Neither vape was performing. Let me just say it is very difficult to test two Splinter Zs back to back on two different mods let alone one.

I blindly changed a lot of settings, but ultimately reverted to the eCig profiles and bumped the resistance up on each Splinter Z above what the cold Ohms were measured to. The Custom Z is set to 0.40 and at the moment the Splinter Z v1 is set at 0.44 with the temperature set at 400 F I am getting great strong results from both versus the wispy watered down draws I was getting right after I upgraded software and profiles. I'll keep refining the resistance, but I cannot help but feeling this is not the right way to deal with the differences.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am currently using this theme Theme.ecigtheme With the service pack fix to the DNA250c the throttling bug is a much rarer issue so most themes should work now with it.
Ahhh... This is the "FC" theme to which people have been referring. I've switched to it and we'll see if I like it better than Frank's theme.

Just for an additional data point, since getting the VT75D and locking the resistance at .402 and using temps roughly (reportedly) between 350 and 415 in my Z I have had zero combustion events and very little singeing. It really is a whole different experience and I can not help but appreciate the DNAc chip and board.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom