• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

LambsBreath

I'm looking for some opinions/help selecting a mod that I need asap for an inbound Stempod, I'm currently looking at several but it's a tough decision!

I posted in a different (but similar) thread, but now I wonder if maybe it belongs here instead?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...ns-and-customizing.23742/page-10#post-1343571

Hopefully it was okay to post the link to the other thread - if not my apologies, mods please merge/move/delete as necessary.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
I think I have the 510 family finally dialled in. I have the splinter on Evic Mini running FJ for travel use. Low wattage cruise is nice especially when using a dosing capsule stem, although it's not so good for battery life.

Splinter Z is on a Lost Vape Triad DNA C I find the added punch when using replay really helps get this steam engine up and rolling, quick and effortless.

I recently moved my iHeat from the Evic Mini to a Wismec DNA 250 and the performance increase running @HerbieVonVapster FC Share file is so large that I'm never taking it off. It really transformed the iHeat from something great to something amazing. It's the fastest to deliver clouds out of the bunch, my go to if I just want one nice on demand hit.

IMG-0124.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I think I have the 510 family finally dialled in. I have the splinter on Evic Mini running FJ for travel use. Low wattage cruise is nice especially when using a dosing capsule stem, although it's not so good for battery life.

Splinter Z is on a Lost Vape Triad DNA C I find the added punch when using replay really helps get this steam engine up and rolling, quick and effortless.

I recently moved my iHeat from the Evic Mini to a Wismec DNA 250 and the performance increase running @HerbieVonVapster FC Share file is so large that I'm never taking it off. It really transformed the iHeat from something great to something amazing. It's the fastest to deliver clouds out of the bunch, my go to if I just want one nice on demand hit.

IMG-0124.jpg
Nice trio. Makes me want to find a deal on a Triade for my Z. And get an iHeat for my bronze Wismec. Fuck it, wood paneling for my VTC Dual too.

How do those wooden stems compare to the glass ones that come with the Splinter? I have a long Alan tube for my LB but haven't tried it for fit on the Splinters. Haven't used Mighty capsules in with them either. Don't they require stirring?

bossman,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Thanks @bossman ! Your recent adventures with the FJ firmware made me switch over from AF and i've been liking it much better.

The wooden stems are a nice upgrade from the glass that comes with the Splinter but not as cool as a medium glass stem would be. But they look great and are good for travel. TBH though after using the XL8R stem none of my other stems get much use anymore.

The wudbx turned out nice on the VTC , it's real wood but its also just a cheap sticker
https://wudbx.com/products/joyetech-evic-mini

eideal852

Haven't used Mighty capsules in with them either. Don't they require stirring?
I have my own Stirring question, I'm interested in the lamart stems/capsule tip as well, but in GENERAL:

When you stir, are we talking a general "stir" like stir? as in stick in a poker and stir? because with EVERY vape, when I "stir," it's usually a whole dump it in my hand, finger it a bit and reload. (ff2, stems a la air/milaana/ev-2/splinter) am i overdoing it? or overpacking? I can never stir without breaking downand just dump and reload

eideal852,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have my own Stirring question, I'm interested in the lamart stems/capsule tip as well, but in GENERAL:

When you stir, are we talking a general "stir" like stir? as in stick in a poker and stir? because with EVERY vape, when I "stir," it's usually a whole dump it in my hand, finger it a bit and reload. (ff2, stems a la air/milaana/ev-2/splinter) am i overdoing it? or overpacking? I can never stir without breaking downand just dump and reload

Yeah its possible if you load less, but no problem loading more, just may need to do it how you describe and/or more than once. It is possible with more loaded as well, but you have to be much more careful. The goal mainly is to flip the bowl I find, so the part that was closer to the heater has now swapped places with the part that was furthest away, especially if you are only stirring once.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I personally don’t like stirring, it’s usually a mess for me. If I have to stir I find a dump and reload is quickest. No need to stir though with the capsules. I think they add a bit of conduction and it helps make even abv. Trade off is they take a bit longer to get going.

Shit Snacks

I personally don’t like stirring, it’s usually a mess for me. If I have to stir I find a dump and reload is quickest. No need to stir though with the capsules. I think they add a bit of conduction and it helps make even abv. Trade off is they take a bit longer to get going.

Yeah I'm always flavor chasing so I usually stir despite the tediousness, I don't need it to be even either bc of how prevalent herb is here. What's great is how many ways there are to use RBT vapes that all work really well. They are also maybe my only vapes that can get the most out of any quality level

Edit: haha thought I was in the splinter thread! Since I'm not, I will say the iHeat on the Reuleaux dna250 has been very effective so far! But also still benefits from stirring (and also I do rotate stem after each hit typically in all of these for said flavor chasing) especially on higher temps, low temps dont need it as much, and that is the same for low wattage with my SplinterZ with RXG3D too actually.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If only they weren't so ugly:lol:
Truly. The other colors are $99 preorder but those are only less ugly. Cheapest shipping to option is five bucks and change. I couldn't find any coupon codes that worked.

Tempted by the silver but gonna pass I think.

Last edited:

LambsBreath

Was looking at the Paranormal I noticed the LostVape Triade DNA250c for only $93.77

It was also mentioned a few weeks back in the Splinter Z thread, similar form as the Wismec Reuleaux and also 3-cells, I think I'd prefer this shape to a rectangular box. I wonder how this compares to the Wismec.

I see there's a firmware download for it here: https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/
Not sure what I'm looking at on that page, does that firmware have the cruise/autofire feature?

@Easywider, you have a Triade right?

Shit Snacks

Was looking at the Paranormal I noticed the LostVape Triade DNA250c for only $93.77

It was also mentioned a few weeks back in the Splinter Z thread, similar form as the Wismec Reuleaux and also 3-cells, I think I'd prefer this shape to a rectangular box. I wonder how this compares to the Wismec.

I see there's a firmware download for it here: https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/
Not sure what I'm looking at on that page, does that firmware have the cruise/autofire feature?

@Easywider, you have a Triade right?

No cruise or autofire with any DNA mods.

The Triade should be a bit more reliable than the wismec and a little nicer depending on your sensibilities... The Triade is also a little bigger though.

DNA250C means it has color screen (larger one too) and an extra button to navigate with, along with a replay feature for when you find settings you like. The link you posted has profiles for TC settings with vairous vapes so you don't need to test and dial them in yourself, along with a pretty cool FC logo.

LambsBreath

No cruise or autofire with any DNA mods.

The Triade should be a bit more reliable than the wismec and a little nicer depending on your sensibilities... The Triade is also a little bigger though.

Thanks, hmmm so with a DNA, we sacrifice the cruise/autofire for improved overall performance? Is that a worthy trade-off? It seems cruise/autofire is a very popular and desirable feature.

Looks like they have Boost and Replay by default. Anything else notable that DNAc offers?

Shit Snacks

Thanks, hmmm so with a DNA, we sacrifice the cruise/autofire for improved overall performance? Is that a worthy trade-off? It seems cruise/autofire is a very popular and desirable feature.

Looks like they have Boost and Replay by default. Anything else notable that DNAc offers?

Yup, that is the trade. Simple accurate temp control vs session ability. Each has their own other customizeable features and of course mod form factors as well. This is why many of us have quickly developed MAS to accompany our VAS!

Easywider

Simple is the way
I have 2 DNA mods and one with Funky Junky , I find I use it just as much as my DNA mods. I do like have the option of both Cruise feature and TC.

I don't use cruise as a session vape, I find low wattage cruise perfect for very robust one hitters. I use 18W let it heat about 45seconds then draw for 10-15seconds kill the cruise and then draw really hard to clear the residual heat out and finish my draw. Always a massive cloud and so smooth! Instead of your draw getting increasing hotter as you go it gets increasing cooler. I also find I get a different vape signature using it this way, feels more sedating , could be some added conduction going on.

@LambsBreath The Triad is nice, I find it performs "faster" then the wismec. The replay feature is a really nice upgrade and I find I tinker with it more as you can control just about everything from the device without having to use EScribe and a computer. Plus sides of the Wismec for me where the price and I find it just looks nicer with any wooden atty then the Triad does. As @Shit Snacks mentioned the Triad is also larger ( 1/4" taller ) and is noticeably heavier.

LambsBreath

I personally don't find that feature desirable. I have session vapes if I want to be tied to a timer, thank you very much! I also never draw for more than 15 seconds so...

For the record I don't have any real experience with convection on-demand vapes, only what I've been reading. (I bought a Stempod that's currently in transit)

I wasn't thinking of using cruise to convert an on-demand into a session vape. I was thinking since (I've read) the nature of on-demand vapes typically require longer draws (10-20 sec)... enabling cruise for say 15 or 20 seconds would prevent having to hold in the fire button (auto-fire?)

So I'm not wanting to set to 5+ minutes like session vapes.
Is this a valid use for "cruise" or is there another feature for this?

I have 2 DNA mods and one with Funky Junky , I find I use it just as much as my DNA mods. I do like have the option of both Cruise feature and TC.

I don't use cruise as a session vape, I find low wattage cruise perfect for very robust one hitters. I use 18W let it heat about 45seconds then draw for 10-15seconds kill the cruise and then draw really hard to clear the residual heat out and finish my draw. Always a massive cloud and so smooth! Instead of your draw getting increasing hotter as you go it gets increasing cooler. I also find I get a different vape signature using it this way, feels more sedating , could be some added conduction going on.

@LambsBreath The Triad is nice, I find it performs "faster" then the wismec. The replay feature is a really nice upgrade and I find I tinker with it more as you can control just about everything from the device without having to use EScribe and a computer. Plus sides of the Wismec for me where the price and I find it just looks nicer with any wooden atty then the Triad does. As @Shit Snacks mentioned the Triad is also larger ( 1/4" taller ) and is noticeably heavier.

Thanks for the detailed reply! You own both DNA mods I'm considering. I've read about "low wattage cruise"(in one of the splinter threads) and I definitely want to try it with the Stempod. Thanks for the tutorial on your method.

For cruise you're running in power/wattage mode?
Can FJ do cruise in both wattage and TC?

Need to confirm this:
  • Funkyjunky and myevic both have cruise
  • Arcticfox does not?

I agree on the looks of the Wismec with wood/splinters, but the Triad will go well with a Stempod.

The price of the Triad went up after I posted, not really much (now $105) I'm going to upgrade to a better non-DNA mod for the time being.

Also looking for an answer on this if anyone knows: (confusing names as to which is the newer version: RX2, Gen3), although the GEN3 is slightly higher priced, I assume the RX2 is the latest version since it can take 21700's?

WISMEC Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual 230w
WISMEC Reuleaux RX2 21700 230w

Shit Snacks

For the record I don't have any real experience with convection on-demand vapes, only what I've been reading. (I bought a Stempod that's currently in transit)

I wasn't thinking of using cruise to convert an on-demand into a session vape. I was thinking since (I've read) the nature of on-demand vapes typically require longer draws (10-20 sec)... enabling cruise for say 15 or 20 seconds would prevent having to hold in the fire button (auto-fire?)

So I'm not wanting to set to 5+ minutes like session vapes.
Is this a valid use for "cruise" or is there another feature for this?

Thanks for the detailed reply! You own both DNA mods I'm considering. I've read about "low wattage cruise"(in one of the splinter threads) and I definitely want to try it with the Stempod. Thanks for the tutorial on your method.

For cruise you're running in power/wattage mode?
Can FJ do cruise in both wattage and TC?

Need to confirm this:
  • Funkyjunky and myevic both have cruise
  • Arcticfox does not?

I agree on the looks of the Wismec with wood/splinters, but the Triad will go well with a Stempod.

The price of the Triad went up after I posted, not really much (now $105) I'm going to upgrade to a better non-DNA mod for the time being.

Also looking for an answer on this if anyone knows: (confusing names as to which is the newer version: RX2, Gen3), although the GEN3 is slightly higher priced, I assume the RX2 is the latest version since it can take 21700's?

WISMEC Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual 230w
WISMEC Reuleaux RX2 21700 230w

Not sure about the RX2, I wouldn't want to mess with a new battery type yet. I have the RXG3D and it is great though, but only will run myevic (I use autofire as you described with it set to 25 seconds, often ending earlier) and I prefer FJ software personally... I've never tried arctic fox but yeah no cruise there.

LambsBreath

Not sure about the RX2, I wouldn't want to mess with a new battery type yet. I have the RXG3D and it is great though, but only will run myevic (I use autofire as you described with it set to 25 seconds, often ending earlier) and I prefer FJ software personally... I've never tried arctic fox but yeah no cruise there.
Thanks to Elon Musk/Tesla 21700's may likely be the standard someday. The bonus with the RX2 is you can still run 18650's if you wan't using the sleeves, then having the option to run 21700's as well. A pair of 21700 Samsung 40T's (30A) are rated to provide 8000mAh compared to 5000/6000mAh from a pair of 25r's or 30Q's.

Something else I realized the RX2 is slightly larger overall, which may be a good thing for the Splinters & Stempods, depending on your uses.

The RX2 does appear to be the latest of the two, found this on their site: "RX2 21700, the newest member of Reuleaux family" Curious why it costs less though, maybe it wasn't selling well enough (for the same reason Shit Snacks cited) so they dropped the price.

(Deleted and edited to avoid mis-information/confusion)
I thought FJ was compatable with Wismec? Maybe that was Tubo, think I'm getting mixed up now but I thought Tubo FW was a form of FJ.

Bottom line is I need cruise, preferably in both TC and power modes, just need to know which firmware offers this so I can choose a box mod.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks to Elon Musk/Tesla 21700's may likely be the standard someday. The bonus with the RX2 is you can still run 18650's if you wan't using the sleeves, then having the option to run 21700's as well. A pair of 21700 Samsung 40T's provide 8000mAh compared to 5000/6000mAh from a pair of 25r's or 30Q's.

The RX2 does appear to be the latest of the two, found this on their site: "RX2 21700, the newest member of Reuleaux family" Curious why it costs less though, maybe wasn't selling well enough (for the same reason Shit Snacks cited) so they dropped the price.

I'll need FW with the cruise feature, so it's either FJ, myevic or Tubo, I think wismec supports all three, just need to find out which one(s) can do cruise in both TC and power modes.

EDIT: I thought the FJ was compatable with Wismec? Maybe that was Tubo, think I'm getting mixed up now but I thought Tubo FW was a form of FJ.

Bottom line is I need cruise, preferably in both TC and power modes, just need to know which firmware offers this so I can choose a box mod.

FJ = Tubo, but it is only supported by a few specific mods not including the two you listed. Will have to go with myevic, I don't know if it is supported on the RX2 or not. Can cruise in Watts or TC, but TC takes some configuring if not a DNA mod

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider
Top Bottom