What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

pockets916

North side City of Trees
I'm getting ready to start a box mod for idiots thread. My cuboid mini arrived today and I spent hours trying to figure out how to open it to install a battery. I couldn't figure out why none of the "unboxing" videos included that. And why I didn't have this much trouble with my lost evic.
I hope my p80 is more brainless.
Cuboid mini should have an internal battery that's why there is nothing to open.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm getting ready to start a box mod for idiots thread. My cuboid mini arrived today and I spent hours trying to figure out how to open it to install a battery. I couldn't figure out why none of the "unboxing" videos included that. And why I didn't have this much trouble with my lost evic.
I hope my p80 is more brainless.

:lol: yup sorry Mag, battery is already in there fixed. You just need to charge it up! I had thought you got the regular Cuboid, I have both, the Mini is fun despite limited life (I dont like my regular as I've said lol)

little maggie

I should have been able to figure that out. No wonder I need a thread for idiot. Speaking of which - how do I attach it to the splinter? It just twists on to other box mods I've tried.

Never mind. All these little pieces to assemble- this is not for me. It's going in my donation box and my Z is going to have to wait for the P80. (Which hopefully will be simpler like having a battery door that is easier to open than the hcigar and accepts the Z without problems)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I should have been able to figure that out. No wonder I need a thread for idiot. Speaking of which - how do I attach it to the splinter? It just twists on to other box mods I've tried.

Never mind. All these little pieces to assemble- this is not for me. It's going in my donation box and my Z is going to have to wait for the P80. (Which hopefully will be simpler like having a battery door that is easier to open than the hcigar and accepts the Z without problems)

Hmm my Z screws right on top of the cuboid mini just like any other mod... No little pieces, no assembly, so I'm not sure what you mean this time lol

Shit Snacks

I discovered that mine is defective. Others have had this problem and had to return theirs. At the top is an atomizer and mine won't come off.

Ooooh you go the full kit, I just got the mod by itself from the link I posted, supposed to be cheaper. But yeah I normally you would be able to unscrew that atomizer and still screw the splinter on so that sucks that yours is defective too. I've sent a picture of my dud cuboid to eightvape to try to get a refund...

little maggie

I didn't have the option of just the mod where I bought mine. It was only $20 and would be cheaper now. Supposedly they accept returns within 30 days even when a mod isn't broken. I don't know if its worth returning if postage is going to be costly.

Also- just wondering. If I don't keep the hcigar I might want a dna mod. Is $62 for the wismec dna250 reasonable?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I didn't have the option of just the mod where I bought mine. It was only $20 and would be cheaper now. Supposedly they accept returns within 30 days even when a mod isn't broken. I don't know if its worth returning if postage is going to be costly.

Also- just wondering. If I don't keep the hcigar I might want a dna mod. Is $62 for the wismec dna250 reasonable?

Ah, yeah mine was only $18 and it is actually only $15 on the vaporsourcing website directly (they also run the eBay account) if you wanted to try again for just the mod... Nice with iHeat

The Wismec DNA250C for $62 is an absolute steal, where did you find it at that price? I thought the cheapest we found now was 80 on eBay...

My RX Gen3 Dual arrived and it is amazing, I mean I haven't tested it yet, but physically it is so tiny for a two battery mod, super ergonomic and perfect to minimize the size of the SplinterZ without sacrificing... Just can't get the Tubo software apparently, gonna try stock for now, may need to load surmyevic though... Hope they release this one with a DNA chip eventually

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are a couple old prices out there not still valid, but if that's a live price I want to know too... :rolleyes:

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah I'm not big on ordering electronics from china directly, especially as a one off. I'd rather pay a little more. There is no recourse if its a fake.
Glass no big deal and cheap stuff like keychain flashlights and laser pointers, but that's about it.

cybrguy,

almost there

Yeah I'm not big on ordering electronics from china directly, especially as a one off. I'd rather pay a little more. There is no recourse if its a fake.
Glass no big deal and cheap stuff like keychain flashlights and laser pointers, but that's about it.
There’s a one day coupon on eBay today, “PICKUPSALE” or some such will get you 10% off on electronics, so if you want domestic you can get it today for $70

My gen 3 also arrived today and I would really appreciate some help with uploading the sur_my evic. There’s no gen 3 firmware updater on the Wismec site and vapecritic’s links doesn't lead anywhere with the myevic download.

little maggie

I have bought other items from them- although from their US store- and they haven't been fakes. The things I bought included something from joytech to confirm online that it's real. Anyway I think that this is the same company that sells on ebay so ebay is as good a place to buy from even if a bit more expensive.

Shit Snacks

There’s a one day coupon on eBay today, “PICKUPSALE” or some such will get you 10% off on electronics, so if you want domestic you can get it today for $70

My gen 3 also arrived today and I would really appreciate some help with uploading the sur_my evic. There’s no gen 3 firmware updater on the Wismec site and vapecritic’s links doesn't lead anywhere with the myevic download.

Damnit, great exclusive deals that I shouldn't be jumping on, but I'm so tempted to not miss out again... Damn MAS, I shouldn't I mustn't, need to stay strong and keep waiting.

Let me know if you figure out surmyevic so I can do it too, the stock firmware it looks cool but I don't know how functional for our needs...

Edit: okay yeah not only does the stock firmware I wear cut-off at 10 seconds it looks like it shuts off the device, so I have to tap it 5 times to turn it back on and can't get enough straight heat, so yeah this is not going to work, definitely need surmyevic since I can't have Tubo...

4vpffn.jpg

Last edited:

al bundy

Vaporist
I hated that it turned off is worse
If you use the reddit link and load that AF on your device you will have the setting listed below under Profiles and they all have 15 second cutoff
But with NFEtools you could edit your own flash

I THINK surmyevic is in the older also not sure

You could also just go to Nfeteamorg and use the latest Arctic Fox flash and set it up yourself

I went to Nfeteam.org
Downloaded the NFE Tools and Arctic Fox from the home page.
I used window laptop if you have problem after you load the NFE TOOLs restart pc then try
Loaded right up the first time

Using the above Arctic Fox you have to set up your coils
But follow the link posted by @tennisguru1 the Arctic Fox firmware is already set up for the coils listed below

https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/98hlip/sai_seq_dtv3_and_triton_arctic_foxred_panda/

Profiles:
SAI TAF- For the Saionara Top Airflow Bucket. (adjusted +100°F at 380°F)

SAI 3TI - Saionara triple TI coils.

10MMDISC- 10mm Donut profile. Sai Donut and older Divine Tribe 10mm coil.

SEG TAF- For the Sequoia Top Airflow Bucket. (adjusted +100°F at 380°F)

13MMDISC- Seq Donut and newer 13mm Divine Tribe donut.

TRITONTI- Triton Titanium. set for the double ti relock the resistance at 68° for the sirous coil.

TRI 1701- Triton 1701 buckets. (adjusted +100°F at 380°F)

QQUEST- Quartz Quest

Usage:

Hold fire button - Fires Mod for up to 15 sec puffs

2 Clicks of Fire button- Select Profile

3 Clicks of Fire button- Edit Profile wattage and display (Press and hold both -/+ to reset counters in edit screen, tap fire button to change between options, hold fire to exit)

4 Clicks of Fire button- Key lock (Locks Temp useful while sharing)

5 Clicks of Fire button- Device Lock/UnLock (Power on if turned off)

Device will auto Lock after 15 min. (Child and Pocket safe)

Press and hold both -/+ to Power the Mod off (Not Needed IMHO as the 0.01 volt per day is not worth waiting 5 seconds for it to startup lol, but people ask for it... so) (5 clicks of fire button to turn back on)

While powered off Press and hold both -/+ to Flip screen.

Press and hold both -/Fire to turn on and off Steath Mode

Press and hold both +/Fire to access the Settings menu. (almost every option of the mod can be changed here.)

To get to TCR setting hold down fire + Plus for 3 sec
go to atty press fire
go to TCR set ect

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, I've got a gen3 dual arriving Tuesday and was just gonna put Arctic Fox on it since my non-Z Splinter is running great now with AF on my cheap little Invoke.

I can see how that box mod deal site could be a problem MAS-wise. Good thing none of those brands mean anything to me. I was tempted to get a Pico 75W TC to pair with my Sai taf that I still need to learn how to use. But not because I need the Pico portability. I may as well just put the Sai on either of the affordable mods I have now and see what's up. I just like the look of it on a Pico and the cheap vaping deals site has a US warehouse one for $15. Luckily it had expired.

almost there

I discovered that mine is defective. Others have had this problem and had to return theirs. At the top is an atomizer and mine won't come off.
you have to twist off the attached "cube" tank that's on top of the mod. There's 2 screw holes on the sides of the tank, maybe you need to insert a allen key in there to loosen it? Watch any youtube video on the cuboid mini and you should have an idea how to remove it

Hippie

Yeah stock firmware - you can change the timeout, preheat and logo settings in there
Don't think you can change much else tho so I'm planning on putting sur_myevic on mine

Liking the form factor, balance and 510 position so far.

Grifo

if you guys see anymore rx300 gen 3 deals holla at ya boy

Edit: nvm got a ugly gen 3 gold and purple color from VS and forgot to order batteries where are you guys getting good batteries from??

Last edited:
Grifo,
Reactions: Summer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have bought other items from them- although from their US store- and they haven't been fakes. The things I bought included something from joytech to confirm online that it's real. Anyway I think that this is the same company that sells on ebay so ebay is as good a place to buy from even if a bit more expensive.
I think I see what you mean. All the vendors on EBAY selling the Bronze RX DNA 250 are all shipping out of Costa Mesa, CA. They seem like the same company with a bunch of different vendor names. It's weird. And you think that is the Chinese vendor you like? Even weirder.
Yeah if it's only a few bucks difference I would rather have the protection of EBAY such as it is. I'm pretty sure this is my next mod tho, wherever it ends up coming from. Grumble grumble grumble...

cybrguy,

little maggie

I think I see what you mean. All the vendors on EBAY selling the Bronze RX DNA 250 are all shipping out of Costa Mesa, CA. They seem like the same company with a bunch of different vendor names. It's weird. And you think that is the Chinese vendor you like? Even weirder.
Yeah if it's only a few bucks difference I would rather have the protection of EBAY such as it is. I'm pretty sure this is my next mod tho, wherever it ends up coming from. Grumble grumble grumble...
Yes. I bought my cuboid from that company and it came from Costa Mesa.
And they still have RX Gen3 from California for $32. They have most items on sale plus a 15% Christmas discount.

Last edited:
little maggie,

Grifo

Yes. I bought my cuboid from that company and it came from Costa Mesa.
Wow I wanted to buy a mod from them a week ago but thought it was sketchy because I thought they were using my location and the different names came from the same location lol.

Grifo,
Top Bottom