• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What are your lungs like?

Dementum

-2-4g a day. Still combust while vape is on the way. I have been conserving more lately in anticipation of the vape.

-Lungs have started to feel heavy the last couple weeks. Probably due to winter inactivity, but I'm playing soccer starting february, and I did last fall. I would say exercise helps a Lot in this area. While I was active my lungs still felt great. It is reassuring me that a vape investment is a wise decision now.

Nosferatu

I used to wholeheartedly believe smoking is healthier but now I have finally discovered the one discerning factor I couldn't see past. BONGS. WATERPIPES. The ability to intake more smoke/vapor than you should, causing plhem. I feel since THC is an expectorant if you can maintain the 1:1 ratio of resin to cannabinoids, all is good. But with a huge waterpipe the actives condense to the glass way faster than the resin, so you need more hits to get to the same high, but you're also getting alot more resin than you could have. The other obvious factor is your inhaling way deeper into your lungs with bongs, and maybe not getting it all out.

So what I'm trying to say is vaporizing does deliver the best ratio of actives to tar possible, so it is the healthiest, it just doesnt require traditional methods of filtration, its not smoke. I think the best way to vape is through glass but a very small piece, and through water, but a very small amount. The Cloud replicates this perfectly, giving you the perfect setup to inhale moisturized but small hits. Now smoking a joint is a 1:1 ratio(IF YOUR WEED IS) so it is second healthy to vaprizing. And the bong is the worst method of smoking tar to actives wise. Its just science, this has even been proven in the Volcano Study. So what I'm getting at is even with the vaporizer its all about gettin the vapor quickly but still stlightly cooled/moisturized so it doesn't dry you out. NOT having a long vapor path, like a big bong or a long whip. And also not having a 2 inch vapor path and no water filtration, shoot for inbetween and don't take too big of hits and inhale too deeply.

Final factor is keeping your glass or vapor path completly clean, otherwise the actives to tar/resin ratio is thrown off. I mean rinsing and changing the water every session, even with vapor.

Nosferatu,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Final factor is keeping your glass or vapor path completly clean, otherwise the actives to tar/resin ratio is thrown off. I mean rinsing and changing the water every session, even with vapor.

Never forget the fungus and bacterial factor.

Particulates and the two previous breathed outside the habit of vaporizing too

I hit a ~800ml piece, witch is pretty large, the size allows less drag and the 12 arm percolator works better than my smaller 8 arm piece witch it like 200ml or 300ml capacity. Of theses two, the big one is the smoothest and easiest on the respiratory tract, my favorite.

If you want good lungs, its about constant care of what you breathe and hygiene. Users who have recurrent problems with this should try ionizers. They do a great job.

Nosferatu

Well said. I should have clarified I think the big bong thing is more a problem with smoke, because it condenses faster. I vape out of a 15" bong myself with a perk, but i notice while it may be smoother there is almost no flavor compared to using a hydratube or mini bubbler, and the high isn't as intense.

lwien

Yup. I use a small HVY Mini-Beaker and a 12" SC bong and the only time that I noticed any loss of flavor or potency is when I used a downstem with vertical slits and no hole in the bottom versus horizontal slits with a hole in the bottom.. The vertical slits, without the hole, while causing more diffusion, also causes a bit more drag along with loss of taste and potency. There is a direct correlation here.

And yeah, I rinse out my beaker and tube with hot water after every session and give them an ISO wash once a month.

My lungs are in pretty good shape, but I also contribute that to running 20 miles a week, which helps a LOT, especially at my age.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I vape out of a 15" bong myself with a perk, but i notice while it may be smoother there is almost no flavor compared to using a hydratube or mini bubbler, and the high isn't as intense.

100% True for the favor, also for the high in normal conditions, but lately I have been able to alter theses conditions to avoid condensation and actives loss, unfortunately it washes away the taste even more.

Sometimes I like my first hit dry, on a small volume. Then I finish it on my fat perc. For me it is good compromise between keeping my lungs safe and enjoying a great experience

Nosferatu

I can see why you do that, I do some weird shit too, like hit one bowl with 3 different pieces, or I remove the downstem so only the showerdome perc is filtering it.. :lol: Tomorrow I am getting a new hydratube for my cloud, its the swagger showerdome so supposedly it has barely any water and a lot of taste. A small piece of glass like that will surely keep me taking smaller hits thats for sure, but I can't wait to get that great flavor. Right now I'm vaping on some organic SFV OG Kush from a proffessional, this exact batch had been sold to snoop dog after he tried it at a THC expo, no joke, it's that good. Might as well be called Horny Kush. :brow:

Nosferatu,
Reactions: Roger D

Hydra-Glide

http://vintagetwin.com
I've been using the Blunt-E for a month. Grown with them as they changed their 84% hash-cartridges over the last 30 days. The first (knurled pattern stainless base) cartridges would occasionally clog. Green Nectar replaced them. The company then changed cartridges (to a smooth stainless base) and a new formula that won't crystalize and clog and new batteries with a slightly different thread. The hits produce heavy vapor (easily chokeable) until half-used, then they produce a lighter vapor content.
Since the Blunt-E is only available though dispensaries, I believe, they are replacing batteries and cartridges as they fail. It's like a recall without losing any hash-oil.
Also they now have a $40. "lipstick slide-off cover" ceramic cooker that screws into your battery. The cooker has a coil wire inside, where you drop or wipe small chunks of wax into, replace the lid (use vaseline on the two O-rings or they'll get destroyed sooner, than later), and push the blue button. Wait a second to start inhaling. It's an expanding choker but at least it's vapor and not smoke, so it leaves your sinuses in about 5 minutes.
The new smooth base cartridges are no meat to be refilled. Use the extra cartridges that cam with the kit to refill with the honeycomb 19% thc 3-refill squirt-bottle is what Ed, the owner, told me today. I'm going to dump a gram of the thick GDP hash oil in the Honeycomb bottle and "thin-out" the thick brown oil. It's a heary hit on the pen. I draw from that when I need something strong, instead of a weed bong. But, a weed hit is still great once in awhile. Roll over these strains.
http://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/dispensaries/california/south-bay-sd/green-nectar-delivery
Tested weed is all I need, but the first thing I noticed about Blunt-E oil vaping is ......... No More Mucous. Not any where even Near what smoke produced.
The Blunt-E they offer is two-pens in one box with a USB and A/C charger and two extra, empty, tip/cartdridges.

Hydra-Glide,

Hydra-Glide

The transfer of hash oil to Blunt-E cartridges can be done with a clear or translucent 4" - 6"spray can tube extension (the sort that comes scotch-taped to the side of the can). It needs to be no larger in diameter than 0.090". This size will fit into the refill port of the cartridge and still leave room for air to vent. Suck up (hair dryer thinned) hash oil in tot tube and stop before it gets to your lips (or live with the taste all day) and then gently blow it back into the cartridge. I do this with honeycombe 19% tHc fluid and then fill the mostly spent gram hash bottle with the more liquid honeycomb, heat it up, shake it up, and have a hash taste with every hit.
The thin tubes are sold with royal jelly snap-neck vials, but also on some spary lubricants. Look through your wifes cosmetics. These tubes are in with free smaple items of "gift with purchase" bags, usually forund in spray and mist bottles.
The 0.090" diameter, clear-view straw is a Blunt-E essential for transferring oil.

Hydra-Glide,

qcee

I still haven't got my first vape yet, but one of the main reasons I'm looking at vaping is the possible health benefits.

Although I havent been a heavy smoker for sometime, on the rare occasions that I do have a combustion session, there is a noticeable effect on my lungs for weeks afterwards, when I go for a run.

I want to know exactly how far vaporizing can go to minimize this. So I was wondering if people could post the following:

A) How much do you vape/smoke?

B) What condition do you feel your lungs are in?

Perhaps its not the most scientific of studies, but I think it will be interesting nonetheless.

A) I vape as much as I can mostly.
B) Pretty decent since I fucked combustion 100%

I'm not sure about your situation as I have always smoked 24/7 until I started vaping but it has been a life saver for me literally lung wise.

qcee

hey yelooo, i have read all kinds of info on vaporizing, tons right here on fc. and idividual accounts of others expereinces with vapor.
i started with a mflb and at first i was totatly taking with it, loved it, and it did seem less irritating to me then smoking, but after a while i noticed it was making me cough a lot. i started a thread here looking for answers like you, it was pretty helpfull.
thought it was maybe this transition thing that seems to happen with new vaporists. i tried different things. started using water tools and again at first it seemed too work, but after a while the same sort of irratation thing was happening. i got another vape a solo it is awesome. i tried the hot water thing maybe it kinda works. there are also lots of other things that need to be to figured out about vaporizng to really know if it is better then smoking. there is even a thread about ammonia levels being higher in vaping then smoking. somewhere here on the forum.
and there could be other factors that we just dont know yet. who knows there could still be some little neadle in the haystack so to speak.
alls i know is that after a year experimenting i question as to weather i feel better or not. seems i always have this irratation in my throat that i really cant remember being there when i smoked and this sencitivity to soo many things in the air. i have thought of everything i can even to the point that it could be psyhcosimatic or maybe time to just give it up

Ovbiously not an answer to everything but the bit about your lungs being more sensitive could that be down to the fact you no longer combust and your lungs are not used to burning plant matter and whatever else making your lungs more sensitive to things that would never of affected you when combusting?

I Vape about 80% of the time when I'm at home,but if someone passes me a joint or bong....well it would just be rude to refuse.
My lungs feel just fine,probably because over the last 30+ years I've coated them in nicotine,cannabis and every form of smokable intoxicant know to man.
It's been said that you should treat your body like a temple. I disagree,I treat mine more like a chemical toilet and so far,so good!

dorkus_molorkus

I Vape about 80% of the time when I'm at home,but if someone passes me a joint or bong....well it would just be rude to refuse.
My lungs feel just fine,probably because over the last 30+ years I've coated them in nicotine,cannabis and every form of smokable intoxicant know to man.
It's been said that you should treat your body like a temple. I disagree,I treat mine more like a chemical toilet and so far,so good!

while I no longer will hit a bong or a joint, cause I am now totally a fucking vapor snob & no longer entirely a god damn heathen.
so, fuck being rude, give me vapor,BHO or GTFO

But other than that, what my friend shipped in dit said.

I too bleed the blue toilet water that is the life blood of the port-a-john I truly have become.

Did ja fucken miss me FC???? :wave:

oh. I forgot sorry OP-woops.

I vape 5-7 gr of dank every 24hrs.

my lungs are awesome, I only cough one of them up per day!
Haggis anyone??? :rockon:

Jeff-K

Lol @ people saying smoking is better than vaping!

You saying all this talk about carcinogens and other byproducts of combusting is just crap?

Meh. Here's what I think

Where smoking just numbs your lungs, causing more damage while you feel less of it. Vaping can make you feel some irritation on the lungs at the time of use but does much less (to none) damage.

Also, I don't think that vaping can dry out your lungs... as said a temporary irritation ok, but I'm sure smoke will do that and more to your lungs as well, only you don't feel it! The lack of moisture (if any!) Would be regulated from the moment you stop hitting your vaporizer. Pretty sure without permanent damage. Exhaled air contains more moisture than inhaled air. (Not my findings but remember reading that fact somewhere) So there is a constant influx of fluid in your lungs.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts, based on what I've read and experienced. I'm no researcher.

misanthrope

Lol @ people saying smoking is better than vaping!

You saying all this talk about carcinogens and other byproducts of combusting is just crap?

Meh. Here's what I think

Where smoking just numbs your lungs, causing more damage while you feel less of it. Vaping can make you feel some irritation on the lungs at the time of use but does much less (to none) damage.

Also, I don't think that vaping can dry out your lungs... as said a temporary irritation ok, but I'm sure smoke will do that and more to your lungs as well, only you don't feel it! The lack of moisture (if any!) Would be regulated from the moment you stop hitting your vaporizer. Pretty sure without permanent damage. Exhaled air contains more moisture than inhaled air. (Not my findings but remember reading that fact somewhere) So there is a constant influx of fluid in your lungs.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts, based on what I've read and experienced. I'm no researcher.

I smoke and vape and I'm trying to stop smoking. You are definitely onto something when you talk about the numbing effect of smoking. I think it's the craving for that numbing effect that keeps pulling me back to having just one spliff after work or a few on a Friday night, that and the ritual of making them.

For the OP: I smoked lots for years, if I'm honest constantly, for about twelve years... at the beginning much of it was poor quality stuff, combined with tobacco too.

My lungs feel a bit ropey at times. However, I've been using an SSV to replace some of my smoking and completely cut tobacco out (save for the odd friday if it's passed to me). The improvement is marked. At my athsma review I was asked "Are you sure you've got Athsma?" having provided a strong pk reading or whatever it's called.

I think our friend above is right in that smoking feels better short term but vaping is better long term.

There is also an art to getting the vape right for you. At the moment I have been finding my SSV a little bit too tickly on the back of the throat and yeah, it is a little drying. As a result of this I am going to adjust my methods. It might take time to get it right, but hopefully worth it in the end.

There was a man earlier (lwien) 68 years old dragging himself through 20 miles of running per week - MASSIVE RESPECT. That is what I want my future to look like. At the moment I do no exercise at all, to be honest I'd be surprised if my lungs didn't hurt.

Maybe exercise could be the key to relief from the lung aches and pains so many of us suffer from? My friend works outside five days a week doing manual work, he built the fence round my garden and plastered my kitchen (he works best when stoned), the man is solid muscle - 8 - 10 spliffs a day easy, no respiratory problems ever.

Sorry to deviate from the point but I think it's sort of relevant and is intended to be helpful.

misanthrope,

Hydra-Glide

I think oil vaping and dry weed vaping are totally different. I have a Arizer V-Tower (dry weed) and I never got a satisfying toke - of a full lung of smoke (vapor). And it seemed like it took alot of weed to get it cooking. That was the deterrent for me.
I own (6) double-perc bongs, a few jugs of 91-proof isopropyl and a box of kosher salt (knocks-down bong grime) and I had to drink about 3 quarts of water a day to keep the phlegm thinned down.
A month on the Blunt-E oil vape and no thick mucous any more. I think I use less weed now, but I also hedge and inject that 45% thc brown hash oil into the 19% honeycomb refill bottle. The honeycomb solution is clear and thin and after I've removed half of the hash oil from that little 5ml. bottle, I blow-straw hash oil in the bottle, to thin the brown oil and end up with a bottle of killer 19%/45% smokin'-by-God mixture of "sure to cough" and I'm lovin' it.
I'm told by Blunt-E flavored nicotine cartridge users, that because the nicotine vapor is like an injection, they use less nicotine. I tired one puff of Blunt-E nicotine and I thought i was going to die standing up. That stuff shot all the way through every blood capillary of my skel - right down to the ends of my fingers. Holy crap... nicotine is serious stuff.
On the occasional malfunctioning of cartridges, the owner of Green Nectar told me that their cartridges clog sometimes because of the amount of hash that's crammed into them, and that "refilling the new smooth base cartridges is not recommended". However, I've found that the clear-brown mixture I've made-up, works well in even these "new" smooth cartridges when refilled. Here's the thing: If the new cartridges pass most of the 84% hash solution, then they're not going to clog when you run a honeycomb or brown-clear mix through them, if it's the factory hash that's clogging them to begin with.
if the new carts. clog and they're at least 1/3 of hash oil is still remaining, they will replace the cartridge - no charge, no problem. And I think that a Blunt-E policy with all their distributors. This is a topic about healthy lungs and I have no horse in this race (except out running the grime reaper for a while longer).

If you like nicotine, I suggest the Blunt-E. I like the Blunt-E because of their 84% cartridge and the ability to experiment with oil blends. There's also a 40 buck cooking pot with a slip cover, where you place a small chunk of wax directly onto the heating coil and press the charge button. A speck of wax will choke you to tears.

Hydra-Glide,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
68 years old. Vape every single night. Drag this 210 lb. body around the track running 20 miles a week. For my age, my lungs are in pretty darn good shape. My knees are startin' to feel it though.

Used to smoke 3 pack of cigs a day along with a joint every night along with a variety of other drugs, but that was a loooong time ago. Did that for decades. It's amazing how the human body can heal itself over time. Doc says my lungs look like I've never smoked..........ever.

I want your lungs. I started smoking pot when I was 13, but maybe once or twice a month so no big deal. By 20 (coincidentally after I got the Erasmus Mundus to the University of Amsterdam of all places, haha) I had quit several times but was currently smoking two packs a day, plus about three or four joints. The cocktail of drugs that has abused my body during that entire Amsterdam period (I was a bit of a cokehead, overuse of MDMA had caused clinical depression and experimental chemicals such as 4FMP, MDPV etc. were constantly in and out of my life) had taken their toll. My doctor says that 95 in 100 Indians have the TB bacteria in their lungs, it just doesn't manifest because our immune systems are resistant. My immunity dipped so low I got tuberculosis and in a massive way, nearly dying before I was finally diagnosed and treated. I obviously had to give everything up. Smoking disgusted me by now anyway, and I had kicked the butt already. I've never been more than a social drinker, these days I rarely drink more than 100ml of alcohol over an entire week. But charas...
I started smoking charas again despite being on medication, only six months after I was out of the hospital. Guilt would fuck me up - my chest would start hurting, I'd get coughs, I'd run to doctors who'd tell me TB and smoking aren't directly related but I should quit anyway. I continued in this way until one day I remembered the vapes I'd used in Amsterdam (then I'd only liked my best friend's Iolite and a Volcano). I remembered that there had been reported health benefits I hadn't thought of then, but sure could go a long way now.
I'm a very meticulous person, so I did a LOT of research. I finally decided that the MFLB sounded perfect and my sister ordered me one for my birthday, since she was concerned about my health too.
I am a heavy user of cannabis - I now vape four to five trenches a day. Maybe it's merely psychological, but I no longer get any chest pains or have complaints. Sure, there's phlegm nearly like smoker's phlegm sometimes, but I find that all my problems suspiciously have their roots in my having combusted in the recent past. Now I'm a careful guy, I won't start preaching anything unless I'm 100% sure - and there just isn't enough scientific evidence to support this - but I think vaping really does help. Of course, a lot of my health right now is dependent on regular exercise (a swim every day), but I certainly do feel far better than when combusting. I don't even use water filtration (although I plan to very soon) and am vaping dirty Indian outdoor weed. I think it may be a personal thing. I would recommend give a budget vape (like the MFLB) a chance, and see what suits you.

lwien

There was a man earlier (lwien) 68 years old dragging himself through 20 miles of running per week - MASSIVE RESPECT.

Thanks. I kinda get this kind of acknowledgement from people I pass on the sidewalk or at the track, usually with a nod or a thumbs up or somethin'. It's nice to know that some of what I do may rub off on someone else with thoughts of.........."Fuck, if he can do that, what in the fuck am I doin'?", which is the exact thought I had when I saw this guy who was 20 years older than I, lapping kids who were 60 years younger than him. That was 10 years ago. I no longer see him around, (he probably isn't around), but I'm glad that I was able to ask him his age, and after I got his reply, telling him........."MASSIVE RESPECT".

I want your lungs. I started smoking pot when I was 13, but maybe once or twice a month so no big deal. By 20 (coincidentally after I got the Erasmus Mundus to the University of Amsterdam of all places, haha) I had quit several times but was currently smoking two packs a day, plus about three or four joints. The cocktail of drugs that has abused my body during that entire Amsterdam period (I was a bit of a cokehead, overuse of MDMA had caused clinical depression and experimental chemicals such as 4FMP, MDPV etc. were constantly in and out of my life) had taken their toll.

Cocktail of drugs? I was a fucking human drug garbage disposal. 3 to 4 grams of coke every week. A joint every night. Double-cross mini-whites (amphetamines) during the day (took them like Aspirin, 2 every 4 hours), Quaalude's, Valiums or Seconal at night to take the edge off, Acid or Mescaline almost every weekend at concerts along with 3 packs of cigs a day. Did this for decades.........non-stop.

I know that genetics plays a HUGE roll in how my body was able to tolerate that kind of abuse but there's no doubt that exercise and diet played a huge part in healing whatever damage I did do, because by any stretch of the imagination, I shouldn't be alive today, let alone be able to run and exercise like I do and if by chance, I kick the bucket tomorrow, I'll go down being super thankful for the extra 30 healthful years that I was able to get out of this body because in all honesty, if you would have asked me, when I was in my 20's, how long I think I would live, I would have said, 40 to 45.................MAX, while at the same time thinking that I would only reach that age if I was REALLY fucking lucky.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I still vape/smoke 70/30 so it could be from the smoke, but my lungs and bronc are always irritated. I thought this would go away when I started vaping, but it actually got a little worse.

It could be from my choice of vapes or the fact that I use more product daily since vaping. either way it has always made me a little concerned.

deadheadbill,

Nosferatu

My lungs have become fucked since I started vaping exclusively. I think also it may be that I started using more thinking vaping is harmless. But now I have constant phlegm and spit like a smoker and I hardly even vape anymore or inhale anything. I got a lung infection from vaping through hot water recently so i'm calling it quits. I'm active and eat very healthy, I study nutrition. Vaping is better my ass. I've never had these problems before the vape craze.

Nosferatu,
Reactions: vape4life

lwien

^^ That seems to be an anomaly being that most people find that the health of their lungs improve when the go from smoking to vaping.

I have a few questions:

When did the problems start?
How often do you vape?
What vape do you primarily use?
What temp do you vape at?
How often do you change the water in your bong?
How often do you clean your bong?
How hot is the water that you use? Very hot, hot, very warm, warm ?
Do you use water from the tap?

Just trying to narrow this down for anyone else who may be concerned about your post and their health.

Nosferatu

^^ That seems to be an anomaly being that most people find that the health of their lungs improve when the go from smoking to vaping.

I have a few questions:

When did the problems start?
How often do you vape?
What vape do you primarily use?
What temp do you vape at?
How often do you change the water in your bong?
How often do you clean your bong?
How hot is the water that you use? Very hot, hot, very warm, warm ?
Do you use water from the tap?

Just trying to narrow this down for anyone else who may be concerned about your post and their health.

First of all respect for your runner post, thats amazing.

I use the vapexhale cloud. Problems started two years ago when I started vaping exclusivly. I clean my glass with ISO every session. I rinse and fill it with R/O water only. Usually cold but recently I have been using warm water. I vape at noon on the cloud, so it's not too hot. My herb is organic.

I know it's an anomaly but from reading FC lately and doing alot of google searching I've found HUNDREDS of vaporists with the same issues. Tightness of chest, overproduction of plhem/saliva, dry cough. I believe the only way to use cannabis in a healthy way is in moderation like Lwien. I know vaping is better hit for hit carcinogen wise, but if you vape morning till night it seems to cause the same sideffects of smoking morning till night. Simply because your still paralysing your silia. Once again I'm not claiming vaping isn't healthier than smoking, it most certainly is, and the best choice for the daily toker. I'm just answering the OP and letting him know how my lungs are, I'm no doctor, this is just my personal experience.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom