• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What Are YOUR Best/Worst Vape Purchases?

mikeben

Here is basically my quick journey of vaping since 2011
The Best Haze V3
The Worst "The One" a pen that had a hot wire right where you put dry herb. It combusted basically and the wire broke off really fast making it unusable.

Going back to 2011 I didn't really know what a good vape was, or what they cost and kept buying cheap knock offs on Amazon.com when they allowed crooked dealers of cheap Vaporizers on there. That's how I got a EASY USE VAPE VAPORIZER V5040, which was a cheap knock off of the Vapor Brothers. Of course I did not know that at the time. It was my first vapor experience and I liked it not knowing about angles or combustion, I just knew it was better than smoking. I was just shocked when it broke so quick. Had I known you needed to really invest some real money, or known about the real thing, I would have got it.

I did get an Arizer tower early on that I still have but after a brief honeymoon period have never really liked it a whole lot. I don't know why really, just it's bulky and it never really satisfied me 100 percent. I never could figure out the balloon so I just whipped with it. I thought the flavor was just OK, and I had to use fairly high temps. It was better than many of my vapes before, but I never found it that fun or easy to use. Also hated cleaning it.

By 2013 I decided I wanted a pen "vape" so I got "The One" and others like it that had the combusting coil in the middle that would keep breaking off. It was frusterating but I was still so ignorent on what a good vape was.

By 2014 I started to wise up a little and watch the vape critic. He recomended a pen that finally really vaped so I bit. The V2 Series 3 pen was the first that got me vaping daily so I like it for that, but it really is only so so vapor now that I know what the Haze can do. The dry herb container also breaks pretty easy and my battery was very temperamental and needed to be charged a long time before I got a good sessions from it. Yet again it got me to learn much more about vaping and by late summer of this year I knew I needed a "REALLY" good one. Money no object, my health and happiness the only factor.

I began to research in early September and finally found this site, it took me weeks of reading but I finally decided that for me the choice was between the new Haze or Plenty. The Plenty I decided against because it was older technology, bulkier, and seemed slightly harder to use. I may get one, someday, but I am 100 percent happy with my decision.

I love my Haze, but all my posts are basically about that so not much more needs to be said. Just that I finally found my ideal, and I hope some cool accessories are eventually released for it so I can try vaping with water, or with a wood mouthpiece. I did fuck combustion completely since getting this, I was 75 percent of the way there with the V2, but the baterry not working so often made it impossible except on days when I draged out the old Tower.

KimDracula

Thanks to FC I have only awesome vapes.

The first one years ago was an Extreme Q. I bought it for about $160 out of some poker winnings (yes, I played very small). I had been thinking about vaporizers for a long time (ever since an experience as a teenager using one of those cheap conduction globes - it's a wonderful hazy memory) but had no idea what they really were until coming here. Vaporbrothers had been mentioned to me as a good place to start, so I looked there but decided I liked the EQ (I think I was worried about stuff falling onto the heating element of the VB box). It was a tank forever. I used it with a little bubbler and could get great clouds with fan assist.

Then I was enchanted by the VB2 and it became my second purchase. Although the Q worked pretty well with concentrates added to the flower, I wanted something that could vape concentrates by itself and didn't fancy putting together a dab rig + e-nail from scratch. This vape is expensive and a little temperamental, but I love it.

The best purchase, beating out the Q as the vape-life harbinger, is the EVO. Unbeatable power, flavor, simplicity, and adaptability make this my favorite. It's also a true dual-use vape with the VapeXNails for concentrates. With prices nosediving right now, I think some vapes are going to have an awfully hard time competing.

I'm constantly amazed by how different people are and how subjective these things can be. It's great that this forum exists while vaporizers continue to proliferate so people can find out what's most likely to be a perfect fit for them.

mikeben

VERY WORST-Chinese bootlegs like my VB 1 plug in that exploded after a few weeks or the combusting pens.
Worst desktop-Arizer Extreme
Worst Pen-V3 Pro
Good oil pen Dabstorm
Good mini vaporizer/pen-Storm
Best HOD battery portable/PA Plugin-MFLB
Best HOD Torch portable/HS Plugin-Vapman
Best All Round Battery Portable-Haze V3
Best Log Vape Plugin-Underdog
Best All Round Plugin-VapeXhale Cloud EVO

TboneToker

Alright everyone let's get right to it

I have used a number of different vaporizers. From the cheapest mock imitation, to some of the most powerful machines on the market.

• Storz & Bickel Volcano Classic, EASY VALVE. This unit didn't take long to win me over. First impressions were very good, out of the box it's set up with spare parts as well. It looks beautiful, for me it's fun to wait and watch the bag fill up I enjoy the whole cha-bang that comes with the Volcano! All the parts feel high quality even though some are plastic, and the way that S&B mastered both the solid and easy valve is a great additional touch! Finally, the most impressive thing that I found with the Volcano is that it has the most even vape consistency that I HAVE SEEN TO DATE, as well as delicious flavourful vape! Customer Service is great too! Volcano 10/10
  • Da-Kube, MFLB imitator. It cost me 60$ and it wasn't worth it. It was exactly like the MFLB but it certainly didn't last as long as MFLB's tend to last. I had one battery work well for about 2-3 days then it had to be pressed in really tight to work, then the other battery died about a week later. I ended up trying my friends MFLB which worked the same but actually worked properly each time. Overall I LOVE THE MFLB and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys vaping because it really is the best for a quick draw, still. But do not buy an imitator, the MFLB is already cheap enough anyway and the build quality on actually MFLB's is much cleaner and they are sanded more thoroughly. MFLB HAS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Da-kube 3/10 MFLB 9/10
  • Arizer's Extreme Q. This unit was the first vaporizer that I owned aside from Da-Kube. It wasn't over-impressive but for it's price it was solid. It feels cheap to hold and the glass pieces that it comes with aren't exactly perfect, one issue is that the herb chamber gets very hot so you have to watch out where you grab it or you may just toss it away due to heat and shatter it! Issues I had with the Ex-Q is that the vapor wasn't as strong as any vaporizer I have used so far aside from a box vape, the quality is above average, but the density is not there. The MFLB took me higher than the Extreme-Q. Elbow-packing the Q did give nice draws but I found that it used too much herb for what it gave in the end. All in all I enjoy the Extreme-Q for it's whip mostly, the bags are alright but seemed more like an afterthought. It was a great starting vaporizer and still works today about 3 years later! My friend uses it since his No2 started to malfuction, we gave him the Q! Overall 7/10
  • Arizer Solo. What a great portable! Although this might not be the best one to choose for discretion, as far as vapor quality goes it is fantastic! I am aware that newer models have since hit the market, I bought my solo in 2014. The Arizer Air is their new model but I find that the solo still serves me more than well enough for when I want to go out and about! I rate this a 8.5/10 for portables but if we're talking overall vaporizers than I'd give it a 7.5. I did find the Solo to give better vapor density than the Extreme-Q and prefer it over the Extreme Q.
  • Aromed 4.0. The aromed is not the easiest to get the hang of. Once you learn the tricks though, such as lifting the aromed up and "dropping it" into the herb holder the Aromed starts to become a vapers best friend. After I discovered that using gravity to place the aromed in its spot is about 4x easier than any other method it became a 8 instead of an overall 7.5 . Now with certain modifications(bringing the herbs closer to the light so I can use less material and have a wider range of temperatures to use) it has jumped to a 9 out of 10! It has the best vapor quality, at least on par if not better than the Volcano but because the ease of use isn't as problem-free as the volcano and it can take time getting used to it and the set up. Happily, I give the Aromed a 9/10!

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Worst Vape I bought was the PAX, subpar vapor production and efficiency for the price.

I got it new and unopened for $150, was happy with it for that price, but I never used it because I didn't really like it compared to my other vapes....kind of lucked out, did all this and managed to sell it on Craigslist right prior to the PAX2 announcement :D where I doubt I could have gotten $150 for it again.

Best vape so subjective for me..I use damn near all my vapes on the reg, some more than others, but still bring them out. SO, I will say the best purchase for me was the MFLB, because it's the first proper vape I ever owned other than a Chinese VB knockoff in college. Recently gifted the MFLB to a friend, he's quickly turned on to the way of vapor! I hope he will gift it along the way once he gets some more toys too :)

Wizsteve

I own volcano,pax ,iolite ,aromed 4.0,and a few more first two are the best ,the last well little wimpy in taste and vapor production.

My daily driver now is something i made well modded to work, instant heat up time ,very large chamber (1 gram to 2 gram of flower and few grams of wax .and its good to go.)

ZC

Best: HI. It's my daily driver and it never disappoints.

Worst is probably the puffit. It's fine for what it is, a super stealthy vape for light hits on the go. But when I bought it it was the only real vape I was using and it just isn't cut out for heavy usage.

shredder

My best vape is a $20 garage sale ssv. I like it so well I bought four more to give as gifts. Like my enano it tastes great, but it hits harder than my enano, plus my enano has that annoying dimmer in the cord. I can't think of a better vape, for the money. $160 for a blem.

My worst? Probably a vapor brothers knock off. Or those glass tube things, can't remember the name.

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

I have that annoying dimmer that permits me to explore various temps for strain and lifestyle variations. Flavor chase, Buzz Bomb, too dry and Amuse now, Sleep later makes me angry as hell.:lol:
Vapes are tools. Different situations call for different tools. Some one who really likes his screwdriver isn't more or less right than someone with a Craftsman Tool-chest.

Dog in the Kitchen, Nano in the den, Da Budda (with DaveD Mod) when I want to do shots.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
The only vape I have not enjoyed and that I could call my 'worst' purchase is the Thermovape T1.
In terms of best purchase, I know its not answering the question in the prescribed way, but all the vapes in my signature are my best purchases apart from the T1. Each one is best for an individual scenario. I cannot say one is better than the other. They out perform each other depending on my needs at the specific time in question.

DabDiva

i do a lot of research before i make a purchase so i have never owned any of the lower end less known vaporizers. but i sure did boo boo when i paid for the Pax ..

Under average hits in my opinion.

Sure its better than nothing. But once you hit a desktop or higher performance portable you won't wanna go back. The potency per draw was just not any good

Boxman

Only purchased two vapes so far.

BEST: S&B Mighty
8431.jpg

Can't say enough good things about it. The Mighty just does everything well.

WORST: $100 generic desktop whip vape (basically vapor brothers clone) purchased at local head shop
EASY-VAPE-RED-1.jpg

... it was such a POS, burned my lungs and wouldn't vape evenly no matter how much I stirred. I gave it away; on the other hand that purchase did get me into vaping...

Amargi

Doin' shit, keepin' fit, and too legit to quit.
My worst vape was my first vape..
The muthafuckin' BC Vaporizer, circa 2006.

images

- Brass heating element, jar for a dome (a feature I am fond of), vapor 'path' directly through/over the guts of the device, weak-ass highs with frequent scorching... one temp setting: "on". Pretty nasty.

My 'best' vape is the one I choose to use (more often than my Pax 2)...
It's the Ascent, by @Davinci_vaporizer of course.

Ascent-Vaporizer-by-DaVinci-Croc-Skin-Bundle-150x150.png

- Ceramic oven, compact and well-built, glass pathway, very enjoyable and effective sessions, extremely customizable temp setting (with or without the timed vape stepping). Tasty as.

Techn!d0n

Well the worst for the price is the iolite whisper. Then any pens that can "VAPE" dry herbs.

The best... I have no idea how to rate this.... Um log vape the enano, butane the daisy, solo is great too. But 2016 has some pretty promising vapes on the horizon.

UH60FLT

When I look for a vape I try to be objective in what purpose it would serve that another vape would be able to provide. So essentially I have 3 categories: indoor desktop for taking rips off a water pipe, a portable vape for quick discrete sessions, and a portable vape for on demand sessions.

For desktop use, my extreme q with the ddave mod is absolutely potent when mixed with my water pipe. The effects are what I expect out of a bong rip so I'm very happy with it

For portable sessions, my Pax2 is king. The only downside is it stinks when in use so although it don't smell like weed, it would attract unwanted attention but you can't find another vape that looks as inconspicuous as the pax.

For on demand vaping, the MFLB is incredible. I find it great when I'm gaming or wake and baking where I don't have the pressure of finishing my bowl because it's powered on. I can take a hit anytime I feel like it.

I haven't owned any disappointing vaped so far so I consider myself lucky. If I had a holy grail vape it would have to be the crafty by far in terms of vapor production. It's incredible for a portable vape.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When I look for a vape I try to be objective in what purpose it would serve that another vape would be able to provide. So essentially I have 3 categories: indoor desktop for taking rips off a water pipe, a portable vape for quick discrete sessions, and a portable vape for on demand sessions.

For desktop use, my extreme q with the ddave mod is absolutely potent when mixed with my water pipe. The effects are what I expect out of a bong rip so I'm very happy with it

For portable sessions, my Pax2 is king. The only downside is it stinks when in use so although it don't smell like weed, it would attract unwanted attention but you can't find another vape that looks as inconspicuous as the pax.

For on demand vaping, the MFLB is incredible. I find it great when I'm gaming or wake and baking where I don't have the pressure of finishing my bowl because it's powered on. I can take a hit anytime I feel like it.

I haven't owned any disappointing vaped so far so I consider myself lucky. If I had a holy grail vape it would have to be the crafty by far in terms of vapor production. It's incredible for a portable vape.
We all have different needs?

The MFLB to me is the worst tasting vaporizer known to mankind!
The MIGHTLY is way better than a crafty for some.

The SOLO is cheap and works around the garden.

Like you I have a Q as well with a dave kit and it works well however it's not the best option for everyone.

Some of us have a MEDICAL NEED and other's may have a RECREATIONAL NEED!

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL not devices.

Different vaporizers for different needs.

To vaporize in public is something many of us find kind of goofy.

Some think they have all the answers however this way of thinking is DELUSIONAL!

Farid

Best: MFLB - Nothing else is capable of getting me effectively medicated with such a small amount of bud. Sure the taste isn't as good as convection, but it is the vape I find easiest to micro dose with. Right now I don't have to dose that low, but I keep the LB around for those times when money is tight. I understand why a rec user wouldn't like the LB, but for somebody with a condition where quitting cannabis completely can have negative effects, the LB is a must have IMO - even if it's just as a backup for when bud isn't plentiful.

Worst: tie between W9 Kiss carts and the thermovape T1. The carts don't last long enough for the price, they are advertised as rebuildable, but rebuilding the KISS carts is an incredible pain in the ass. It's so much easier to just get an RDA for e juice and some ceramic rod and make your own cart. When they're new they're great, but they feel cheap compared to E cig gear.

The T1 was just a pain in the ass all around for me. The batteries didn't last long at all, and the bud required too much stirring. Even with the power adapter I preferred the thermovapeEVO to the T1. The dart was a great product, but still had the issue of not being easily rebuildable by the user.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Best: MFLB - Nothing else is capable of getting me effectively medicated with such a small amount of bud. I understand why a rec user wouldn't like the LB,.

@Farid first of all I wish you were correct!

I have SCA late on set.
My cerebellum is shrinking.
This part of your brain is responsible for your balance.
Surfing since I was a kid it was hard to accept.

CANNABIS is my relief.
I bought a MFLB because the sales girl told me it was stealth?
No it is not!
13 batteries in my front pockets are not stealth so I got a SOLO and was set! (portable speaking)

CANNABIS is the safest medicine for my condition.

Were only allowed 8 OZ's so I stay well supplied
to run out would ruin me.
100 grams is the lowest I let my inventory go.

Please never assume?
Gjy0Uag.jpg

WPJ37Ho.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom