What about Lighbulb.... it actually WORKS !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananiq

Ive got a lightbulb made by the bullet company for 3Euro .... the cheapest copycat of smoke bubble .....
17127317781554883972.jpeg
1435432971555170238.jpeg

Now,, i know it is unimaginable to estimate amount of weed ... but try .. its really somewhere under 0.05g of weed.... i have vaporizing it and it got me fking HIGH !@ :D:D:D
so .. maybe this is NOT so BAD solution (of) vaporizing ....

I want to buy VaporStar or VaporGenie as well because they are more portable. .. some say that vaporgenie has better (more evenly) heating system ... but i like bong version more.... could somebody help me please, what is better? But definitely this lightbulb surprised me.. Ive used it for about 5 times ... the first time, the hits were poor and i probably burned the stuff... second good... and now..man, i took all(100%) the THC from that little dosage :D only brown stuff..

(pictures are bad quality = taken from my iPhone)

EDIT: Ive also got the Molino Mini Glass Bong.. this one..
mini_molino_strate_bb.jpg

and I will compare the POWER of methods (amount of HIGH they bring to me) of stuff between both, glass and lightbulb in a simple formula:

4/5x (x=glassbong's EFFICIENCY) < 1/5y (y=vaporizer's EFFICIENCY)

and the number represents AMOUNT of stuff used.
TO SUMMARIZE: vaporizing is at LEAST 5 TIMES more effective and better method then smoking.

For me, thats amazing.. Because as you know im new here, in vaporizing world .. that light taste and smell of the green colours....and the POWER!!.. this makes me very surprised. The power of vaporizing... THEREFORE, if you are not satisfied with your lightbulb, or any vaporizer, the learning curve is the answer ... every time i use it i do it better so the effeciency of vaporizing increases.

Bananiq,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
If you read the last few pages of the VaporGenie thread you'll find out the creative guys here have created a simple DIY VaporGenie bong.... I highly recommend checking it out.

And as for lightbulb vapes.... meh. Actually the 3 days I was waiting for my 1st vaporizer to arrive I made one. It worked, but boy was I glad to get a real vape.

SpiralArchitect,

Bananiq

Hmm very nice tool.. i think the system is like vaporstar have but with VAPORGENIE heating element... so youre agreeing that vaporgenie has better heating system than vaporstar?

Bananiq,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Bananiq said:
Hmm very nice tool.. i think the system is like vaporstar have but with VAPORGENIE heating element... so youre agreeing that vaporgenie has better heating system than vaporstar?
not neccessarily better, because there is no quanititative evidence of what makes one vape "better' than another, its all personal preference

but as i was tell you in our email convo, you can do that mod with the vaporgenie, and then you would have a lighter powered vape that is capable of being both a pipe and a bong, which adds greater overall functionality to the vaporgenie as compared to the vaporstar

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
In the vaping world, you generally get what you pay for. :2c: It's cheap for a reason.... I've seen the Vapo-Bowl around and it looks sketch. I'll pass.

Like I said, take a moment and read the last few pages of the VaporGenie thread... You can have both the portability of a pipe and the bong-ripping action with a cheap modification (it might actually work in your Molino, is that a 12mm downstem?).

SpiralArchitect,

Bananiq

actually i dont know if it fits my molino.. ill post a picture

i think its too small.. shops say that its 1cm diameter bowl.

i use mouthpiece from bullet lightbulb because i ve lost the molino's one :D
this way. i made molino mini - king sized :D

Yes i have read all the pages in vapor genie thread.. i think the VG's bowl in bong is great idea ..however, i need portable vap unit, since i like the idea of being outside with friends, or being on open-air trance party while vaporizing... .. i think i like phyto-lab more .. the metal is imho better material than wood in this case. stickstones also claims that it is really good portable vap with good burnproof. I dont mind the heat-problem and i will be using it outside. so it wil be not so serious issue...
i have this lighter
zapalovac-volcan-fire--cierny-.jpg

.. will it be ok to use with PL?
about wape-bowl .. its being sold in our localshop for about 3 Euro
http://www.smokeshop.sk/shop/product/rasta-darceky/prislusenstvo-a-nd/nd-vapo-bowl
it interresting .. also i see only positive feedback ...

Bananiq,

Bananiq

stickstones said:
bananiq...I am playing with a Phyto-lab and you can see my journal in this forum.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=376

It's been a while since I fired it up...maybe will start up again tonight.

You can read about the vaporstar on this forum as well...do some searching here.
Yes , dont worry i ve found it :) seems interesting for me. Ive done a lot of research but its like everybody likes what he has.... for me its good idea to buy vaporstar with micro pipe - as MAX has. because im not sure i can make modified vaporgenie - bowl system like stickstones had.
but when i saw phyto-lab .. i knew its my cup of tea ..:p
in the end, im insterested in vapo-bowl because it seems exactly like vaporstar w/o wood and it cost only 3euro (i dont have to order vaporstar directly from UK) ... probably i will buy both, the vaporbowl and phyto-lab

Bananiq,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
How much research have you done on the vapo-bowl? It looks like it could be a cheap, no name import product-- possibly poor performance/unsafe materials. For 3 Euros, I wouldn't be surprised.

What makes you like the Phytolab so much? From what I've read it looks less appealing than similar vapes like the Supreme Vaporizer or Vapman.

Hope you find something that suits you. :)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you buy the Phyto-Lab, make sure it comes with the Brazer torch lighter (I know it comes with the ones sold by Vapenow). I killed three normal lighters, but the Brazer works well with it. I still haven't gotten enough time with it with the Brazer to know if it is any good.

Keep this in mind with the Phyto-Lyte, and I will update my thread on it soon enough...I believe its portability is limited, as you have to bring the pipe, the brazer lighter, another lighter to light the Brazer with (it is not self igniting), and a handkerchief or towel to unscrew the hot bowl off for reloading. That's a lot of shit to be carrying around for portability's sake, not to mention more weed to load it with. It has a very steep learning curve and a lot of screens to figure out. I can't yet recommend this unit, but I admit I haven't spent enough time with it to fully work it properly.

stickstones,

Bananiq

2 vtac:
- Well, I didn't find any proper information about vapo-bowl's material. Therefore, it looks like it is imported by a noname company like you said and made from cheap/unsafe material. However, I am gonna give it a try, just for fun :D and because so far, nobody have stated any negative feedback about the material and/or taste of a vapor. And it is ridiculously cheap. :2c:
Maybe the vapo-bowl vs vaporstar issue is something like with my bullet lighbulb (cca 3 Euros) and Smoke bubble vaporizer, which is being sold on EDIT (15 Euros) .. IMHO there are no differencies between these two, even though the price is not that same.

- the reasons why is Phyto-lab attractive to me are: it looks like a regular pipe, it is small, the material is durable and safe medical metal (as they claim), hard to burn stuff, possible to vaporize liquids, system is "heat then hit" which i like more. Guy from vape now claims " I was also able to get better vapor with no burning with the Phyto Lab, compared to my use of the VaporGenie and Vapman. " and its cheaper compared to the vapman and superme. However, I am still looking for further reviews and users' experiences with Phyto-lab. On the other hand, cons are heat and more time spent to get a vapor in compare to VG and VS.

2 stickstones:
- So can I potentially use my torch ligher with Phyto-lab?

- yes I agree there are a lot of things to carry with phyto-lab and that is big disatvantage. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to your another impressions and experiences with phyto-lab.

Bananiq,

max

Out to lunch
The thread is getting off-track, with some good info on these butane powered portables that'll get overlooked by people who have no interest in homemade lightbulb info. Let's redirect discussion on commercial portables to the proper thread. :)

max,

cannabananabis

Bananiq said:
and I will compare the POWER of methods (amount of HIGH they bring to me) of stuff between both, glass and lightbulb in a simple formula:

TO SUMMARIZE: vaporizing is at LEAST 5 TIMES more effective and better method then smoking.
Am I the only one that read this and thought '...what?' :lol:

cannabananabis,

max

Out to lunch
Bananiq said:
I agree.. my fault .. I apologize
Apology not necessary. I think most of us have taken a thread off topic at one point or another. :)

Gotvape.com actually has a page where they give somewhat vague directions on how to build a lightbulb vape, then end by saying not to use one, due to the chance of inhaling glass or other harmful substance.

"Please try one of the vaporizers we offer here at GotVape.com as opposed to trying to make your own Homemade Vaporizer."

What a surprise. :/

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
there are a couple good youtube pictoral,s light bulb vape is one of the methods of choice for vaporizing dmt

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
cannabananabis said:
Bananiq said:

Am I the only one that read this and thought '...what?' :lol:
Doesn't everyone become an algebra expert when they're high?

stickstones,

beatsme

lightbulbs work, but they're incredibly inefficient, dangerous to create (i.e. making sure the interior is free and cleaned of paint particles, as well as cutting oneself in the process of breaking the filament out), and the method of heating up the herbal material inside with a lighter from outside is very ineffective since you have no idea what temperature you are subjecting the herb to. It's also not as nice as convection vapes :).

That said, it's an OK DIY project for funsies, I've done it a few times, but it's impractical for a regular utility since the glass breaks so easily after being heated.

beatsme,

max

Out to lunch
It's also not as nice as convection vapes .
Hell, it's not as nice as a $15 Ubie :lol:, but if you're broke or not old enough to buy a real vape, it's an option.

max,
I borrowed my friend's light bulb until the MFLB arrived.
Essentially, it gives unpredictable and light hits.
It isn't long before it gets you back onto 'smoking'.
Sorry everyone for saying the 's'-word

I found you can get hits if you use small amounts of herb, very finely ground almost like powder, with the lighter near the herb not underneath it.
You can actually see the vapour billowing inside when you do it right.
After that, you need to clean the glass of the lightbulb and stem to get the same herb taste again.

Even so, its not a proper vaporiser since it doesn't get you off smoking.
Any device which makes you give up smoking cigarettes or joints is worth its weight in gold!!!

The cheapest devices which have the best reviews IMO are: log vapes, MFLB, DBV, and HA.
Bit more expensive than a lightbulb. But when you think it stops you smoking - its worth a man's life!!

Vapemania-original,

djonkoman

you're forgetting the VG, wich is also in the cheap range and has good reviews
altough I still ocassionally smoke, but that's usually either with friends or outside, since I find it harder to use my VG outside with wind, but if I can I use my VG, also it got me into daily use(the smoking high isn't good enough to experience everyday for me, but the vapehigh is just what I was looking for)
and the last week/few weeks I haven't smoked at all since lately I rather stay sober and wait for when I can vape then waste more weed for a far less satisfactory experience(wich burns in the throat, doesn't last as long and has a burnout at the end)

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom