• No

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi there FCers!!

I really want to know how many people are running their vapour through water before it gets to them, compared to those who don't.

I personally do not for a couple of reasons.

First I don't have a spare 100 quid kicking about for a bubbler, more important stuff like spare ddave kit and spare silicone and other accessories keep eating my money first.

Second, I have suspicions that the water may hold some of the active compounds back, therfore reducing potency.

Third, I worry about back pressure causing crap to fall onto heater.

Fourth, I like the breathtaking, tickly vapour, I don't want to tame it.

But I would love to know what all you other FCers do, so please let me know your method and opinion.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Since I know your setup I can assure you that water will only make the experience better. Provided you have two Arizer elbows (one if using the DDave mod) you are ready for water. There is a heap of small bubblers in 18mm female joints available under 50 quid & even if you lose some actives through water the comfort level pays off to my eyes.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
£100 for a bubbler? :o
Check out the cheap bubbler thread and the DHGate listings ;)

I almost exclusively use water when vaping cannabis.
I'm greedy and like huge lung filling hits :science: It just means it still tickles my chest, but no longer hurts my throat.

I originally picked up a cheap D020-D bubbler to use with my Air and Mighty, but since buying the EVO and Hydratube I've not really used my other vapes :shrug:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
But I like the discomfort, it makes me feel like I have smoked. If I don't get my breath taken away, I don't feel satisfied.

My setup pretty much replicates bong rips. Trust me as Pyr0 says
I'm greedy and like huge lung filling hits :science: It just means it still tickles my chest, but no longer hurts my throat.
the lungs get filled & filled good they get. Word of warning though for some there is no going back once you fuck with water. Nothing else is as cool :lol:.

I originally picked up a cheap D020-D bubbler to use with my Air and Mighty, but since buying the EVO and Hydratube I've not really used my other vapes :shrug:

Been having bad bad thoughts lately on this subject Pyr0. Posts like yours do not help matters one bit :science:.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I was a dry vape dude for almost three years.

Until I brought an Errlectric Concentration Station with herb nail two months ago.

Now I have a piece made by Blaze that was £60 and is not a import from China.

It's the same shape as a Mobius ion but larger. So for me is the perfect piece for vaping.

Now my throat has adjusted to cool smooth vapor and bigger clouds I'm finding it hard to go dry.

Try it.

EDIT

I personally find there is minimal loss of actives with water filterization as long as you don't have loads of percs and frits, you want just enough to catch the large particulate in the vapor.

I my case its 1 basic matrix with large slits.

If you go with warm water it adds mosisture too, some ppl have a lot of joy with that.

Last edited:

zor

I enjoy it very occasionally with herb, using a bubbler with my SSV requires more attention than I'm usually willing to give, if I'm careless I can end up with some negative pressure blowing back and pushing the herb into the heating element.

With waxes it's a whole different story....I vastly prefer using water filtration, after a few sessions I can see some buildup on the walls of my bubbler and far less crap on my teeth so it almost becomes a necessity...

zor

I haven't noticed anything related to vaping herb and my teeth color/stains, nor would there be any noticeable buildup. With concentrates it's quite the opposite (except when making an ejuice or using a LAYG portable vape like the omicron), without water filtration (or maybe, arguably, a longer vapor path) I will get concentrate residue condense on my teeth.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So you guys that are using water, are you drawing through the water (pulling) direct, or blowing it into the water with fan then clearing the chamber?

kellya86,

howie105

kellya86...Second, I have suspicions that the water may hold some of the active compounds back, therfore reducing potency.....I think you are correct, however it is minimal and easily compensated for by adding another pinch to the load, IMO.

kellya86...Third, I worry about back pressure causing crap to fall onto heater......Yeah, water going into the heater is a bummer, not that I have ever hacked into a piece of glass and backwashed into an LSV like a week after I got one.

kellya86...Fourth, I like the breathtaking, tickly vapour, I don't want to tame it.....IMO dry is the way to go for flavour as long as you don't get things too hot and being a bong guy from my combustion days I don't mind the tickle either.

kellya86...But I would love to know what all you other FCers do, so please let me know your method and opinion.....For me I have some male end 18.8mm water tools and adaptors for my E-Nano and my LSV and a coupel of 4" silicone tube stubs. I somehow screwed the pooch when I bought a lenght silicone tubing that was just too thick and stiff (12.5mm OD) to use as connector btween two pieces. However it fits snugly inside the male end of either of my water tools as an airtight stem. The stems comes apart for easy cleaning and the glass dosen't get broken nearly as often. As a bonus it was easy to cut the tubing to just the length I wanted.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
So you guys that are using water, are you drawing through the water (pulling) direct, or blowing it into the water with fan then clearing the chamber?
No fan assistance here, just pulling directly through my bubbler/hydratube.
I was a bong smoker before I turned to vaping, so using water just seemed natural.

@howie105 I only notice a reduction in throat burn and I still get the tickling/irritation/tight-chestedness(?) in my lungs from the THC which makes me want to cough. When I first started vaping, before I got a bubbler, I found I had to drink a lot more to soothe my throat.

If you choose a bubbler that uses just a small amount of water and has simple diffusion, you will retain more flavour and actives than a more complex one :)

I just know I still get high as **** lol
Got home, and kicked off tonight's session with a bowl of chocolope through the EVO's turbine :science:

[edit] which is also the reason i keep having to edit this post lmao

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'm in the never-use-water cult ... i just can't risk knocking over the water into my computer/keyboard/etc. my vape lives on my desktop for easy access - bong just wouldn't fit.

Sometimes water, sometimes not. I keep switching things up to help keep my tolerance in check.

re: tolerance control ... i manage tolerance by putting a smidgeon less in the vial sometimes ... so does this mean the water reduces potency of the vapor - enough to provide a moderating effect on tolerance???

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Almost always dry for me so I voted No, I only use water with my lotus and only use it every few months with a friend who loves the lotus/orbiter combo. Do own a couple pieces that I can use like the vapolution vapor barrel on the end of a whip to do bigger dry steamroller type hits though.

Top Bottom