Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

max

Out to lunch
Welcome kosh and grifter1. Glad you guys are enjoying the forum. Feel free to join in the discussions. :)

max,

fragileframe

IRIE Vapor Enthusiast
greetings fellow Vaporfiends,

The name's Jay Dub and I've been a Vaporist for about a year now, and have been reading the forums for several months. I finally decided to join because while my Vaporbrothers vaporizer has treated me very well, I need something more portable so I'll be purchasing a Purple Days.

I live in So Cal, where my day job is at a resort on the beach, but I'm also a graphic designer and techie who sets up special events and concerts. If there's anyone who went to SD Comic Con, you may have seen meh.

Seems to be an elegant and educated bunch here, so if you don't mind, I'll be hanging out occasionally. If you need to find me, look for the fedora ;)

fragileframe,

jumpoff_the_planet

Hello everybody im new to fuckcombustion. I have had the pleasure of having a volcano digit for 8 months now. and i dont ever want too smoke again.

jumpoff_the_planet,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hi, I'm 54, live in NYC. Started smoking weed in 1969 and a few years ago I saw some vaporizers in the display window of a headshop in the Village. They looked cool - especially the worst quality dome vapes, but what did I know? But I figured it was just a gimmick. Anyway through dicking around on the internet I started getting very interested in vaporizing based on what I was reading and figured I'd go cheap just to see what this was about, so I bought the cheapest vape I could find - the "Uble" which is basically a crack pipe, for about five dollars. It was OK but more trouble than it was worth. I saw Tokin's entertaining videos on the Silver Surfer and decided to buy one, and I'm glad I did - that was my first real vaporizer. I found it more satisfying than smoking both tactically and the head it produced - very floaty, if you will.

I got very interested in the subject of vaporizing and started searching Google incessantly and stumbled onto this site about a year or so ago, and from there discovered the Purple Days which is certainly my favorite vaporizer. I just love it in every respect; truly it is a prized possession. Every once in a while I use the SSV, usually when I have guests over, it's a better "pass around" vape than the PD, although the PD has gotten passed around with small groups and it has worked well.

About a week ago I "won" a Vapor Warez 3G on Ebay lightly used for $49 and I've been using it for the past few days, and I have to say that I really like it. It's similar to the SSV - I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive whip based vape. It's the hands free model - which I think means that the heater cover allows the wand to lock into place without the need for a hands free clamp, like with the SSV. So I'm enjoying the VW just as a change of pace.

I'm a father to my fantastic daughter and when she's with me I put vaporizing on the shelf. She's young and she doesn't need to see me doing this - it would just confuse her at this stage.
The great thing about MJ is that, at least to me, it's not at all habit forming. There's no issue with my not getting high for months, although during those times I miss it but that's the worst of it; there's no sense of "need."

Anyway I think it would be cool if some of us who live close to each other might want to get together and hang out and do vape session or three.

Red Wing Freak

Hi all
I've been lurking around here for a while, since I got my first vape a few weeks ago. It's a volcano, and I'm pretty happy with it, but I kinda wanna get a whip now (leaning PD, but who knows.) Not gonna be able to do it for a long time, but I'm happy with the cano for now:D
I thought about going to a more volcano-centric forum, but the communities didn't appeal to me...at all. So here I am. Happy vaping and umm...Go Wings!

Red Wing Freak,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome jumpoff and Red Wing. Two 'cano owners joining up within a week is unusual around here.

I thought about going to a more volcano-centric forum
A 'cano centric forum isn't normally a place to go for investigation. More like a place to worship, where nothing else is worthy. Here, we honor its quality but remain atheists, or at least agnostics. ;)

jeff, I can't welcome you. You're old in every respect (and I realize it's the pot calling the kettle black :lol:). Nice to read your story though. Lucky you didn't go for the dome vape. I confess I made that mistake. A perfect example of not doing enough research. :/

max,

vape4health

New to vaping , well still waiting on the mail . I have a Extreme on its way .

I would call myself a heavy smoker , mostly bongs . I use about 2 Oz a week of mids , I live in PA and growing aint cool here yet , atleast I aint willing to get busted growing . So with my mid grade comercial will a vape still get me that high , or is a vape best used on some heady nugs, I know the nugs will be better but will the mids just be a waste of time. I seen from some of the pictures that you guys are puffing some bad ass shit . That cali shit dont make it around here to much , and I dont go to festivals .

So I'm trying to cut down on herb use and kick a 2 pack a day cig habit .

Awsome site , most info I have found . I should be able to keep reading untill my E gets here .

Thanks FC

vape4health,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome vape4health. This really isn't the thread for asking questions, but the Extreme will do fine with mid grade. If you're smoking 2 oz. a week, you may have an adjustment to make, going from smoke to vapor. You'll miss out on a lot of the couchlock effect. Of course, whether you actually miss it or not depends on the person. Most people do use less when switching from smoke to vapor though.

If you have more questions, please use the 'Ask the Vaporists' section.

max,

Red Wing Freak

max said:
A 'cano centric forum isn't normally a place to go for investigation. More like a place to worship, where nothing else is worthy. Here, we honor its quality but remain atheists, or at least agnostics. ;)
Yeah, that was one of the many problems I found with them. This forum has a much better feel, and I always like diversity as well, which fc seems to have more of than most forums.

Red Wing Freak,

jumpoff_the_planet

Thanks for the welcome max it seems real chill here at fc I never want to smoke again after having a vape and now i just wana get a bunch more vapes!

jumpoff_the_planet,

NoSmoke

Been on here long enough might as well do this:
My name is Greg and I'm a 27 year old vape head living in Minnesota, been smoking for 13 some years and vaping for two. And I gotta say I love vapor. My first vapor experience was with a Volcano back in 2004, I liked it but felt the hits were whispy and couldn't really tell if I was getting anything, but on my drive home I then realized I got something. After then I saw Tokins videos while trying to learn more about vapes, and my desicion was narrowed down to the Silver Surfer and the Herbalaire, after some more convincing videos I came to my conclusion, and bought a Surfer. For about a week or so I thought I made a giant mistake and couldn't figure out how to get a decent hit, but then I mastered my whip and was finding myself telling everyone how awesome vapor is. Then one day I remember reading about the Purple Days on marijuana.com that then led me to Tom's Youtube videos which then led me here to the best vape site on the planet! Fuck Combustion of course. Many vape purchases later most good some bad (launch tube) I have to say that personally vapes are the best thing created since weed.

NoSmoke,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
max said:
Welcome jumpoff and Red Wing. Two 'cano owners joining up within a week is unusual around here.

I thought about going to a more volcano-centric forum

jeff, I can't welcome you. You're old in every respect (and I realize it's the pot calling the kettle black :lol:). Nice to read your story though. Lucky you didn't go for the dome vape. I confess I made that mistake. A perfect example of not doing enough research. :/
I've never had the opportunity to try a Volcano or any bag delivery system for that matter. It seems like a novelty, a pass around party favor if you will.
However watching a bag fill up with vapor is sort of a fascinating thing.
One of the fun side benefits of vaporizing and KNOWING a little something about the better vaporizers is turning people onto this whole thing and blowing their minds with how great this is.

jeffp,

SmogTown

Hi. I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm SmogTown. I'm currently in Canada. I'm new to vaporizing. I just ordered a vaporgenie to hold me over untill I buy an arizer extreme, plus the genie will be useful while outdoors :). Lots of great info on this site.

SmogTown,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi... been hanging here a few weeks. Guess I should post here :)

I'm almost 42, live in SW FL and have smoked most of my life... Started smoking young! Married and mother to one teen boy so I have to live SUPER stealth. I run my own business and stay pretty busy, most people wouldn't believe I smoked as much as I did since I could focus and work my ass off...

Anyhow, was trying to quit smoking cigs, got into the e-cigs... Started feeling better and guilty about smoking herb but no way I'm giving that up. I always tell my dr (he's cool as hell) that most folks are on xanax or prozac or something... I'm Indian and believe the herb is for me...also that I'd probably be on some meds if I didn't smoke. I'm a bit OCD... Okay maybe little more than a bit.

My son calls me a tree hugger, many call me the tie-dye lady cuz I made tie-dye for years as a hobby. I am usually the only one at the gun range wearing tie-dye much to my son's dismay. He loves the range and my dad was a gunsmith so I try to be a cool mom. I only shoot paper though :peace:

Anyhow, since finding this place I broke out a Vapir I'd bought, dismissed and thrown in the closet without a second thought several years back... Decided it's still not what I want but made me re-look into vaporizers. I got enough advice here to get the Vapir to work enough to let me try vaping... I then immediately put myself on the PD waitlist.... Ordered an iolite...now have ordered a 2nd iolite. Already thinking I'll need to order a backup PD too :) (OCD... I have 3 e-cig screwdrivers now... Just in case)

Between my new e-cig habit and vaporizer habit I've spent a small fortune getting started but I feel awesome not smoking... No cigs in over 40 days and I can't remember the last time I combusted but it's been awhile and was only method available at that moment.

So, love this forum. I have learned tons and appreciate all the info... kind words for me when I'm confused :) Thanks and I'm happy to have found this site :peace:

kalinga

I love indian cuisine! Palak paneer and buttered naan bread rules! Welcome Lo, let us know when your new iolite arrives.
I see you're an OCD vape collector like myself, you might also wanna check out the Vapman vaporizer to add to your collection. It's also a stealthy unit. I highly recommend it.

kalinga,

dkavn

Dave
Hi everyone. Just registered here today, but have been lurking awhile. Used to stick with the bong but bought a cheapy vape I found on ebay about 2 years ago. It was a vapor king. It worked ok, but when it died I decided to upgrade and bought a V Tower (not extreme). This morning I ordered my first portable, a Launch Box from BlissSville. The decision was based on all the great information here. Many thanks to all.
Anyway, I'm 37, and live in NY. I really don't think I'll ever go back to smoking as I much prefer vaping, and have made a few converts. I look forward to getting to know you all here.
Dave

dkavn,

Lo

I love indian cuisine! Palak paneer and buttered naan bread rules!
hehe... Thanks Kalinga! I'm not 'India' Indian.... American Indian... I'm part Cherokee and part Blackfoot along with whatever... mutt I suppose.

I'm off to check out that Vapman ;) Thanks for the suggestion!!

Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
dkavn said:
Hi everyone. Just registered here today, but have been lurking awhile. Used to stick with the bong but bought a cheapy vape I found on ebay about 2 years ago. It was a vapor king. It worked ok, but when it died I decided to upgrade and bought a V Tower (not extreme). This morning I ordered my first portable, a Launch Box from BlissSville. The decision was based on all the great information here. Many thanks to all.
Anyway, I'm 37, and live in NY. I really don't think I'll ever go back to smoking as I much prefer vaping, and have made a few converts. I look forward to getting to know you all here.
Dave
Hey Dave, NYC here too. Just as a coincidence a friend of mine asked me to order the cheapest vape on Ebay for him. I couldn't talk him out of it, and it was the "Vapor King" for $25.
Well I'll put it this way. We tried it the other night and I was surprised that it's better than I had expected; better than a cheap dome vaporizer (the item he bought prior to this); for what it cost it's not terrible. It drew hits and we got blasted but the taste was a little rough and the box itself got very hot. Not terrible but your V Tower is a major upgrade.
Jeff

jeffp,

VaporBud

Hey all. how are ya

i am 27 and a med user from AUS started smoking about 10 year ago. I got on the vape 3 year ago.

I started to vape because I like how clean vaporizing is with no smoke, near no smell and good taste.

Hope my Buddha arrives today.
I am keen to try it out see how it hit's compared to the Aromed which i know is in a different price bracket at well over double the $ but is the only vape i have owned that was pure quality with regards to the the vape it produced.

My favorite vape is the I-inhale/iolite but that's got more to do with been a portable that runs on butane than anything else and the fact that it does it's job well.

VaporBud,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
SmogTown said:
Hi. I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm SmogTown. I'm currently in Canada. I'm new to vaporizing. I just ordered a vaporgenie to hold me over untill I buy an arizer extreme, plus the genie will be useful while outdoors :). Lots of great info on this site.
welcome. i own an extreme and i just recently purchased a vapor genie. the genie is best portable i have used (owned and sold an iolite). im sure you will love both vapes. dont be afraid to ask questions or post reviews.

illadelph,

SpoiledByVolcano

Greetings Earthlings! Although I am certainly a misfit in the square community, I'm apparently at least as weird in the stoner community, although in different ways. My first time getting high was when I was 22, with a Bachelor's degree already in hand (I spent most of my adolescence playing D&D and strategy games). So just as most people were leaving college and leaving their pot phase behind, I was just starting to appreciate its many different benefits.

I bought a cheapass dome vape in 2001, and found it to be much better than smoking, at least for me. I'm a singer and always hated smoking, always coughing like a little girl and worrying that I was hurting my voice. Anyway. . .

In 2004, I visited Vancouver and found a place called The Melting Point (it closed soon after I visited it) which had about 6 Volcanos lining their cafe counter, and someone friendly there immediately threw some of his fresh BC bud into one of them for me. I'm sure part of the awesomeness of that experience was just from the face that it was really great quality cannabis in a fun setting, but another critical part was the Volcano. After a month at home thinking about that, I finally bought one, and I've been spoiled ever since.

I'm curious-- are vaporizing stoners any different than smoking stoners?

SpoiledByVolcano,

lwien

SpoiledByVolcano said:
I'm curious-- are vaporizing stoners any different than smoking stoners?
Yup.

We're healthier...
We're richer....
We're smarter....
We're higher.......
And we can all scale the wall of vapor snobbisim................and be totally happy and guilt free. ;)

Welcome aboard, SbV.

lwien,

Lo

Yup.

We're healthier...
We're richer....
We're smarter....
We're higher.......
And we can all scale the wall of vapor snobbisim................and be totallly happy and guilt free.
LMAO!!! Thanks for that laugh!!!

Lo,
Top Bottom