1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by DigitalDavinci, Sep 27, 2008.

1. mv5

mv5 New Member

Hey all!

I started switching from cigs to vaping about 7 months ago. Down to only 2 or 3 cigs a day now.

Now it's time to switch to vaping for herb too. Been researching for a while and am deciding between the Boundless CFX or the Pulsar Flow. Hope to learn some more here before getting my first vape.
    Hopefully I'll be vaping by the end of the year.

About me...I'm a woodworker currently working in picture framing. Also carve for fun - caricature heads, pipes, spoons, all kinds of things.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you all have to say. No better reviews than those from actual owners.

JCat, KC2K, asdf420 and 1 other person like this.
  2. asdf420

asdf420 Member

in SoCal. Unemployed, feel like shit (depression+anxiety, especially since I quit SSRIs). Haven't used mj in over 2 months.

I think I'd like to find a job in the mmj business. Afraid of rejection or something. Should just get applying, calling places...

planning to get an M soon. hopefully that and a gram of indica will help with this depression. I've been reading up on it and it is promising, I think it really could
    help

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  3. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

Hi @asdf420 I can relate to your current state. Just remember there's always tomorrow. Personally I found talking therapies to be of great help and really encouraged me to make some changes in mentality that were holding me back. I would advise that perhaps this would be a good course of action for you if you can.

As far as SSRI's go, they are nothing more than a breathing space for your emotions and mind. Are you sure your ready to come off them?

I like that your talking about improving your situation by getting a job and making bold progressive changes to your life. Self empowerment is a great thing, it can really change how you feel.

The herb can help but be careful it isn't replacing the SSRI's, its also easy to vape your life away, so please be careful.

Saying all of that, welcome! You've made a big step by joining the community and I hope you find the support and friendship you need to turn things around :D

JCat and asdf420 like this.
  4. asdf420

asdf420 Member

Thanks
    I came off of SSRIs around 2 months ago (tapered off), and have been getting progressively worse I guess. Had been on them for a long time. Was sick of the side effect, and forgetting if I took them or not.. :\

JCat likes this.
  5. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

@asdf420 glad you didn't just stop. With anything that effects brain chemistry, it can take 6 months plus for things to settle down. Saying that if your symptoms are worse then maybe its better to be on them. I'm on Venlafaxine, makes me pee like a trooper and feel sick all the time but it does allow me to function. I suppose what you have to weigh up is benefits Vs side effects... why not do a list side by side and see which is better for you. Quite a simple way of seeing how you feel and is a very basic CBT exercise, to take if further you would then look at why you feel the way you do about meds and then an unbiased view of why you take meds. After this you then again look at how you feel about it, has it changed due to perspective because of the exercise etc etc etc You can do this for anything.

The herb is also a great healer which I have used for depression all my life. I hope its as beneficial for you as it has been for me.

Don't forget that if you are getting worse then get professional help. No one can make you take meds or do anything you don'y want to do ;) Just look after yourself!

asdf420 likes this.
  6. Alfred H

Alfred H New Member

Hi All,
    Kinda new to vaping but smoked my first spliff probably around 89, in Dublin, most likely Lebanese Blonde or Black Moroccan - it was all hash back then (or an old piece of horse hoof). Living in the States now, though my State needs to sort out its legislation. Loving the Firefly 2 and got my eye on the RBT Milanna. I love dogs, walks, weird music and good food, I was a fairly heavy drinker (mostly whiskies (Irish and Scotch)), gave that up over a year ago and enjoying the odd vape these days. Cheers, guys, nice to be on here.

vaporRN, paehtod, duff and 2 others like this.
  7. Sade

Sade New Member

Hey guys new here. Heard about this site from iwen on GC. Anyways mflb is my first true vape. Luckily he showed me what bullshit combustion units are put there. Awaiting the power adapter to come in the mail. However I already have my eyes on my next unit to buy arizer solo 2. Looks pretty damn impressive and great reviews. Any accessories i should purchase with solo 2 to enhance my vaping experience? Took me awhile to find the sweet spot on my mflb. I dont like taking baby sips on it however lol.

vaporRN and paehtod like this.
  8. SirCrackKillaH

SirCrackKillaH Member

I AM SIRCRACKKILLAH!!!!!! Crackkilla... killah!!! Woooooooo!!! SirCrackKillaH, crackkilla.. SirCrackKilla... killa....WOOOoOOoooO!!!

9. vaporRN

vaporRN Well-Known Member

Howdy FC fam. Man, I've been a member for a long time, but have mainly been a lurker. What do y'all recommend with regards to reaching the post/like threshold to be able to post in the Classified section?

A little bit bout my vape journey--first one was the MFLB way back when--the one without the indentation in the wood/glass screen interface to hold the glass in place. It was when I was living at a friend's house when I was in college. When we got our own place, I got the Extreme Q and that baby is still kicking ass for over 5 years now, and gave the MFLB to a friend.

Fast forward after the college years I was reckless and combusted lots of flower via many different apparatus (didn't keep with the broke/smart college kid mentality).

Fast forward to now and I am a broke graduate student getting back to vaping and moved to a new state with unreliable connections. I currently have been using the Arizer Air and loving it--just ordered a Nonavong XLS. Should I keep both or should I try to sell the Arizer Air?

paehtod likes this.
  10. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

This is simple. Make posts that contribute to the discussion and the likes will come your way.

The Classified ads are meant to be a privilege for contributing members. That's why we have the rules for qualifying: you have to earn the privilege. I'm not suggesting that you would do this, but some people try to pump up their numbers by making a lot of fluff comments in a short time. If we moderators conclude this is happening we delete the posts, even though that sort of comment won't attract any likes.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors