Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

CBDFarm

QUIT.
Well I got it... If any mod wants to make a thread about the Cloud V Electro side arm(also have a straight version, I dont own though) I can give a review in a week or so after i got to use it for a bit. Im a happy camper, this thing looks like a beast!

DrStrangeBus

LHS Owner
Hello FC! DrStrangeBus here from NWPA. Hoping that we are done seeing that white stuff fly, at least for this year!

Anywho...

I've been reading posts on FC for quite some time now. I'd say for a couple months or so. I figured that it was past due for me to make an account of my own, start sharing and adding to the community, as well as addressing some questions that I have.

I have been considering opening a LHC for some time now, and have spent my fair share of hours and late nights navigating the DHGATE Cheap bubbler threads. I am narrowing down my hunt for inventory in regards to imported glass, and am also looking to tap into my connections with local glass blowers and other artists to create a store selection that will satisfy everyone's needs.

I am also interested in linking with others on FC that may be purchasing bulk orders to potentially bring down our prices.

I will be filling out more information in my profile as the days go on.

I am open to any and all ideas/suggestions as I embark upon my endeavors, and I look forward to meeting, learning and growing with all of you!

:peace:,:love:,and:rockon:

Last edited:

BD9

Hi, I'm BD9. I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to post.
Kind of new to vaping. Started this year. I have a Vapor Brothers Hands Free that I'm still getting to know and a Sheldon Black Basic Bubbler.
Look forward to learning more and contributing when I can.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Welcome @BD9 , have you come from combustion??? Where are you situated on this world???

Tell us about yourself...

kellya86,
Reactions: BD9

BD9

Welcome @BD9 , have you come from combustion??? Where are you situated on this world???

Tell us about yourself...

Thanks Kellya86.
I quit smoking (cigs) about 12-13 years ago, and haven't smoked medicine for nearly 20 years.
After 20 years of factory work and 10 years of retail (standing on concrete 10-12 hrs a day) my knees and back are wrecked. Looking for a better way than combustion to get my medicine so I can sleep and move without pain.

vapemaster

Update:

Recently I tried a few vapcaps by dynavaps. Vaps are like vapes, but are missing the "e", because they vape without the use of electricity (I conjecture). Very discreet, very small, very portable. Wonderful taste and lift. Highly recommended, and in honor of the 420 holiday; the glass version is just 20 bucks. Not trying to shamelessly promote any one product, but this vap is a game changer. dynavap.com

Vaply,

Vapemaster

dinomelon

full-on landgoose mode
Morning!
as i am typing this, i have never tried marijuana before, but just yesterday i got the card or license or whatever it is, because i have all manner of debilitating conditions such as fibromyalgia and depression and anxiety and liver failure and abdominal pain and tremors and some kind of arthritis in my hands, and i've been on regular meds most of my life, and opiates for the last 4-5 years, which are really starting to pall for me as they don't even help that much and i have to deal with being physically addicted to them as well. Money is by way of being a huge problem for me so just paying that $200 consult charge means i can't eat anymore and now i have like, no idea what to do or what i should be saving up to buy, so if anyone wants to be a friend and help me out a little with some sweet nuggets of information i promise i won't menstruate all over you and call you literally hitler. Thanks!~

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi @dinomelon welcome to the forum, and the world of this magical, medicinal flower....

Sound's like money really is your problem, unfortunately vaporiser's are not cheap, but they soon pay you back with saving on product...

If I was in your position I would first off buy some cannabis, I'm sure your dispensery will advise you on what sort of strains may be right for you. Then I would use that cannabis in edibles while I save for a vape...

For an entry level, but OK vaporiser, I would suggest the flowermate v5.0s...
It has no learning curve and is quite cheap if you get a deal, about 60 quid here in UK....not sure where you are...

If money is gonna be tight long term, maybe look into growing your own, cannabis should be free to everyone in my opinion, specially med users...

Cannabis is much more enjoyable when you don't have to ration it or worry about running out or it costing money that you could spend on food....

Hope this works out for you....

dinomelon

full-on landgoose mode
Hi @dinomelon welcome to the forum, and the world of this magical, medicinal flower....

Sound's like money really is your problem, unfortunately vaporiser's are not cheap, but they soon pay you back with saving on product...

If I was in your position I would first off buy some cannabis, I'm sure your dispensery will advise you on what sort of strains may be right for you. Then I would use that cannabis in edibles while I save for a vape...

For an entry level, but OK vaporiser, I would suggest the flowermate v5.0s...
It has no learning curve and is quite cheap if you get a deal, about 60 quid here in UK....not sure where you are...

If money is gonna be tight long term, maybe look into growing your own, cannabis should be free to everyone in my opinion, specially med users...

Cannabis is much more enjoyable when you don't have to ration it or worry about running out or it costing money that you could spend on food....

Hope this works out for you....

Thanks Kelly! I had not really considered growing it but it does sound like it would be a lot cheaper long-term. Is there any mother-thread or good website for just like... a total beginner's guide to this stuff? Sorry if this has been asked already.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
The Internet is full of cultivation guides, but there is a lot of crossed wires and misinformation....

Growing cannabis is as easy or hard as you want to make it, we are not permitted to discuss cultivation on FC so I will stop there, but if you have any specific questions about it just PM me and I'll help you....

Cannabis should be free and plentiful to all....

KennyPowers

Morning!
as i am typing this, i have never tried marijuana before

Sounds like an exciting opportunity. You may find something you really enjoy about life.

In my experience, recreationally speaking, drugs effect everyone differently.
A lot of people love alcohol, others love cannabis.

It's not a choice, it's just who we are to go for one or the other you know, it's sort of like a tits or ass thing.

KennyPowers

Some love both. :2c: But alcohol gave me cirrhosis and I lost the desire for it. Cannabis never harmed me.

Don't get me wrong, yeah you can love both.

Reminds me of my last trip to mexico. Met this chick with a sweet tailpipe that had me charmed. It put a spell on me, but all the ass magic in Mexico can’t change Kenny Powers from his core beliefs. I’m not an ass man... I’m a tit man. I like big ass boobs — now, and forever...

dinomelon

full-on landgoose mode
As far as alcohol, meh? it's good for when i'm having a panic attack or something but i don't like the way i just feel weird the rest of the day afterwards, like tired and nauseous. always wanted to try weed but then i got homeschooled lol. also, i think the perfect female shape has more ass than boob, but not a super aggressive amount of either one, thank you. personally, i have more boob than i know what to do with, and not much ass to speak of. ^__^

KennyPowers

As far as alcohol, meh? it's good for when i'm having a panic attack or something but i don't like the way i just feel weird the rest of the day afterwards, like tired and nauseous. always wanted to try weed but then i got homeschooled lol. also, i think the perfect female shape has more ass than boob, but not a super aggressive amount of either one, thank you. personally, i have more boob than i know what to do with, and not much ass to speak of. ^__^

Definitely an exciting time then!
The first time I ever tried cannabis I spent 4 hours laughing at stupid shit I was in such a happy mood.

Jump on it tonto, it will 100% cure your nausea.
I think there is more than one perfect female shape, but it's all about the hourglass figure.

KennyPowers,

tumbling dice

Hello everbody,

This is my first post on this amazing site. I started vaping in January 2016, drove up to Den Haag and bought myself an Arizer solo and a few grams of various weed and hashish.

I'm still on the learning curve but the fact that I can consume cannabis seemingly totally safely just keeps making me feel damn pleased with myself and thankful to anyone who pioneered the vaping technology so we can get high cleanly.

I have a long combustion history, started in 1979, stopped in 1985, started again 1990 and hit the tolerance ceiling some years later and quit smoking everything then.

Now I'm getting stoned like it's 1979 again....Anyway, looking forward to getting in on some good dope conversations

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@tumbling dice, nice to see you...

Solo was a wise choice for first vape, but there is better out there if you wanna get shit faced, like a desktop...

The solo is a mellow high for me compared to my desktop eq...

Now I'm getting stoned like it's 1979 again....

This is how I felt when I converted too, it was like getting high for the first time all over again, and kind of still is, I love all the variable's with vaping, means you can keep switching and changing and keeping it fresh, and keep your tolerance confused....

kellya86,
Reactions: Derrrpp

tumbling dice

Thanks kellya86...the solo is great, it does what it's meant to do, a mellow high is what I'm after.

That's why I prefer to vape hashish and then only the traditional black Nepalese and Moroccan shit that I used to smoke back in the day.

My mind boggles at all the new types of hash and weed and growing expertise that I see being discussed here.

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
Hi everyone, my name is Chase and I'm the new California concentrate reviewer for theCCC420 youtube channel. I've known about FC for years, and while I haven't completely stopped combusting (almost..almost..) I look forward to taking part in what appears to be a great community. Here's my first video for the channel, with the next one coming soon!

ccchase420,

vapeOR

Last week I posted a lengthy reply in the "Do you cough still when vaping" thread that combined a bunch of bits I've written over the past year -- mostly while vaping!?!

Here's the short & sweet intro from that post...
-=-=-=-=-=-
History: started smoking cigs in my teens then added cannabis in my 20s. Smoked for 30+ years -- thrashed my lungs. Ultimately, I fucked combustion about 3 yrs ago and am still tobacco-free. I've dealt with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and respiratory allergies for many years.

About a year ago I bought a Pax 2 and started vaping bud. I've figured out how to use daily without too much irritation of my damaged respiratory system. I refined my technique thru trial & error while lurking here at FC for the past year, reading the collected tips, tricks & wisdom of members of the forum.

The key for me is: too potent or too large of vapor draw will irritate and cause cough. So I take small, slow sips of half-bowls of herb, temp-stepping through the session.

-=-=-=-=-=-
Here's the saga of my relationship with cannabis...

My cannabis use started with smoking joints, then on to bongs. My traveling stash box always had rolling papers, even after mostly switching to a metal pipe w/screen. Early 1980's the housemates every year would pool our stems & shake to make butter for Magic Cookies at our open-house.

Breaks, sometimes years would pass when I didn't use cannabis. Lots of factors in why, but much related to it being illegal. I lived in San Francisco Bay Area so most family, friends and some co-workers were aware that I smoked it, but one still had to be discreet. Landlords. Employment drug-testing. Dating opportunities.

Because it was illegal, there were periods it seemed all of my social time & energy was spent getting weed. I'd break from it to focus on other aspects of life and spend time with people I valued for more than their connection to some dude who sold weed. Maybe I grew up?

1990 (year after the Loma Prieta earthquake) I left Silicon Valley and moved to Oregon.

Late 1990's brought friends who shared my enjoyment of cannabis. Along with the usual bongs, joints & pipes, on occasion they'd setup hot-knife hits of bud. Heat 2 table knives to red hot by wedging the tips into the kitchen stove-top, (while heating, prepare single hit portion of bud on heat-safe surface and get oven mitts on) then carefully pickup & quickly smash the bud between the hot blades while inhaling through the cut-off cone of a plastic soda bottle. Looking back, I saw it was early vapor tek.

About 10 yrs ago, one of our group had a vaporizer for a while, wooden box with a whip, probably VaporBros. We used it enough to get decent enough technique to get high, but at the time preferred the more intense rush from the toxics of combustion.

Friends moved away, social circles shifted and I was back to a single illicit connection I'd call every couple months... and trying to quit tobacco for good. I realized 1 way I'd sabotage my effort was by smoking a cig to cover the smell of my weed.

Feb 2013 my lungs couldn't take any more and I quit cigarettes for good. Had to break from weed til I could do it without hurting.

New Years 2015 somebody visiting from Seattle shared pre-rolled joints bought at a retail store. Oregon had passed our legalization initiative but were 6 months from it being effective--not quite legal yet but people were talking openly about it.

Feb/March, made a few trips across the Columbia River to check out the retail shops. I asked budtenders about strains that might be most smooth/least harsh. I dug an old bong from the cupboard and tried taking tiny hits. I still choked and coughed.

I was determined to find a sustainable way to get high, so I asked more budtenders and other customers. Folks convinced me to explore vaporizers again and online research led me to FC. I ordered my Pax 2 a week after retail release last April. Huge learning curve, but I'm a stubborn sumbitch so kept reading, watching videos and experimenting.

Went to an afternoon event in early July celebrating legalization. A highlight was the open vaporizer bar: budtenders loading Firefly, Herbalizer, Cloud Evo and Pax 2 for attendees to try out and compare. That's the full range of my vape experience.

Around this time, I'd joined FC & got an adapter from @Ratchett. I paired my Pax 2 with glass piece from LHS & tried ice to cool and then warm water to humidify. It helped some, but not enough. More practice. Had a problem with my Pax 2 and sent it for service -- no backup vape, so relapsed to combustion during the week it was gone. Bad idea.

By August I'd learned I need a vape able to efficiently extract tiny doses at low temps and ramp up from there. So I pulled the trigger and got in the Grasshopper pre-order line.

Starting October 1st I could buy cannabis flower in shops in my neighborhood. The state is still evolving the rules for taxing it and dealing with edibles and concentrates. I'm ecstatic that for 7 months now, I've been able to walk in and choose from 20 strains of fragrant bud! Right down the block from the closest Target store.

I've continued to lurk on FC, especially when I'm vaked, and I often consider replying to posts. I've started replies that ended up as snippets & bits littering my notes app. The plea in the coughing thread motivated me to put together that post so it's about time to say hello to the group at large.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and reading my ramblings. See ya over in the Grasshopper threads.

jaidyn

Hello everyone! My name is Jaidyn, and have only recently taken up using herb. Initially I was hesitant to use it but now that I am 36, my family, friends AND Doctor were telling me I should use it for my epilepsy among other issues I have (I live in Oregon where even recreational use is legal :D ). As such, I decided to try it.
My first use was with a standard pipe, then I moved to using a sherlock bubbler. I really preferred the bubbler as it it never irritated my throat.
However I began looking into vapes when I heard of the MFLB, and then found my way here. Since then my partner bought the infamous G-Pro :doh:, and I bought the FM v5.0s which I am loving!
I just recently purchased the CFX (despite the conduction/convection controversy) which should be in my hands in a couple hours. Very happy to be getting that! :)
Since vaping, I have been very happy with the effects, and am pissed with myself for not jumping on this much sooner.
As for my pipe and bubbler, as fond as I am of my glass pieces, I easily can never use them again.
Anyhow, I am very happy and pleased to be here and I have learned a LOT. Even if I don't post much, I will be lurking often and taking in all this amazing information! I have been reading many of the threads here from start to end.
I look forward to seeing much more from you awesome people soon.
Squeak at ya later! :wave:

Top Bottom