Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hey all , I'm new here and to vaping . I'm expecting my first vape on wed - FridayFriday and I'm curious to maximize it's potential, I got the one in my avatar, looking to learn as much as possible about this.. Is ceramic better then metal?
Your vaporizer will do you just fine.
I find that this box type vaporizer can teach a person using it to become a very adept vaporist...
one that can vaporize intuitively rather than by the numbers or formula.

I own a half dozen of these boxes, but they are all out in the community as loaners.. so I had to draw a picture.
My hints are as follows:
I do not ever pay attention to the temperature readout.. that vary widely and are not measuring heat at the "point of herb"...
So for my description I will pretend that my thermostat has NO function, but does get a bit hotter at the top of the range.
I turn the unit to the 400º( about at top)
I am going to vaporize with the heat going DOWNWARD to prevent combusting... if my thermostat is not helpful..
I will keep the wand and the contents as upright as possible... heat rises, and I would rather draw my heat down through my herb .. if my only alternative is potential combustion.

OK so heat is now on...
I keep the back end of my Hotbox on an upside down tupperware.. or desert dish.. it makes the element at a 45 º angle so to start with, the weed never has to aim downward.
As I approach the box with the wand..In a smooth well practiced move....
I hold wand upright and begin my inhalation(slowly... save space in lungs)...while doing this weed is frozen in place, and I am moving it toward the box, and as I slip the wand in place, still holding wand, I use two fingers to tilt box so the wand is slightly upright... I inhale deeply, and at end of inhalation, I
tilt the box back and set it on that dish, remove the wand and clear the whip with the last of my inhalation.
hotbox1.jpg

*NOTE-
In these images, I forgot the table.
All legs are on the table in picture 1.
In 2, 3 and 4 the the front two legs are on the table...
I know it looks as though in picture 3 I am lifting the unit... but that is not the case..
I am leaning it on it's front pegs.
If your particular "Box" has a peculiarly low profile you may have to be near the edge of desk/table...
but vaping with a box is easiest near the edge anyway!

About "better".
There may be a more easy experience..and a more flavorful experience.
Depending on your budget, you will most likely explore more down the road.
Learning to appreciate a Hot Box vape... is a good teacher.
When you do move on you will be very experienced..
PLEASE do not misinterpret my words as to mean that you should be dissatisfied.... you should not.
Vaping is vaping.. but one day when your box fails to serve its same function ...
or when you are in such a position ... you may decide to try other vapes that you read about here on FC!
Oh.... Welcome to FC!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Exactly.
Ideally you would begin inhaling while the wand is aiming at ceiling (to hold meds in place), and with a smooth move, connect wand to unit, as you continue inhalation, and finish up inhaling as you slide the wand off unit.
It sounds like a long inhalation, but you can do it!
I will get a video made of this technique in short order.

Last edited:

Jedi_

Awesome that makes sense .. But any and all videos and pro tips are welcomed cause I want to maximize my vape experience( use my inhale as a vac to keep medicine in position as a posed to tilting machine .?

Jedi_,

grokit

well-worn member
Awesome that makes sense .. But any and all videos and pro tips are welcomed cause I want to maximize my vape experience( use my inhale as a vac to keep medicine in position as a posed to tilting machine .?
There's gotta be a thread around here containing just that :tup:

:lol: Is it a vapor bros?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Exactly.
Ideally you would begin inhaling while the wand is aiming at ceiling (to hold meds in place), and with a smooth move, connect wand to unit, as you continue inhalation, and finish up inhaling as you slide the wand off unit.
Where else are you going to get these little tidbits of info. @Vitolo you are so helpful, and are such a sweetheart. A treasure trove of information here on FC. With some pretty wonderful people. Time to get out the Night Queen Strain.:zzz:Solo time.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Exactly.
This is not a VaporBrothers vaporizer, but rather a similar shape.
Vapor Borthers units are really wonderful, and have a unique heating system.
The clone you see here is inexpensive.

otroo

Howdy every one. I am pretty new to vaping I bought a MFLB back in August and really like it. I just ordered last night a Silver Surfer Wave Rider series and it should be here next week though and I look forward to learning how to use it should be good cause I will be at a four week T break when she gets here.

OvaDaBong

Hi all, ad my username says im over the bong, Tho i love glass art and own some nice peices i think its time to fuck combustion LOL I tried vapeing a while back but just didnt like it as much as a good bong hit but now have given up the smokes and havent had a smoke/dope in over a year and want to start off fresh with vapeing. Cannabis is still illegal in my country but hope it wont be for too much longer, I have the begun feeling the early onset of arthritis, all my grandparents had it and i know its just a matter of time before it strikes me down. Im double jointed in my fingers and hands that over time is starting to pain me however in Australia the option is anti-inflamatories (made my bayer) and last time i tried that it trashed my stomach and now have chronic acid reflux and now take medication (also made by bayer...am i seeing a pattern hear?) for it that doctors say i will never be able to stop taking....awesome hey, the other option as things progress will be cortazine injections to the joints....sounds fun.... or opiats or suffer, being a junkie to prescription drugs isnt my idea of a quality lifestyle so braking the stupid law it will be. anyways hope to be hear a long time and look forward to reading through the forum

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Hi all, ad my username says im over the bong, Tho i love glass art and own some nice peices i think its time to fuck combustion LOL I tried vapeing a while back but just didnt like it as much as a good bong hit but now have given up the smokes and havent had a smoke/dope in over a year and want to start off fresh with vapeing. Cannabis is still illegal in my country but hope it wont be for too much longer, I have the begun feeling the early onset of arthritis, all my grandparents had it and i know its just a matter of time before it strikes me down. Im double jointed in my fingers and hands that over time is starting to pain me however in Australia the option is anti-inflamatories (made my bayer) and last time i tried that it trashed my stomach and now have chronic acid reflux and now take medication (also made by bayer...am i seeing a pattern hear?) for it that doctors say i will never be able to stop taking....awesome hey, the other option as things progress will be cortazine injections to the joints....sounds fun.... or opiats or suffer, being a junkie to prescription drugs isnt my idea of a quality lifestyle so braking the stupid law it will be. anyways hope to be hear a long time and look forward to reading through the forum
Welcome, mate. You're doing the best possible thing for your body by converting to vape. Most of those old glass pieces you have may be convertible into vape-friendly water filtration devices :)

Jedi_

Ok soo after being messed around by multiple sellers, my vape is being collected as I type . So in a few hours il be back to post my feelings and experience

Just warming her up

Hmmmmm well it's certainly different . Don't feel as baked as usual

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganjo

Hi everyone, I just discovered vaping abut two months ago in a strange way.

Let me tell you how the magic started. I'm 30 an a MJ lover since about 14 years or so and had only dreamed of vaporization while seeing a volcano in a documentary. Never informed on the subject, never had to chance to try, this concept stayed forgotten in the backgroung. Out of nowhere, a girlfriend's friend mentions having recieved a vaporizer for his birthday and offered us to try it. We had no time and had to leave and it stupidly ended there.

The next week, I went to a LHS that I never usually go to and decided to look at what they had. Jawlock at higheng volcano prices but seeing so many models I wanted to jump in. So I took a sub par 60$ VPR-999 basic whip convection unit. Tried at home. Gave me a nice feeling but I tought there was more to it or else why would they dare sell other models so high? After 5-6 attemps, getting hyperthin vapor but new tastes, I found FC and got a PAX at my closest headshop. After acquiring knowledge in the PAX thread, after my 3rd attemps I got totally hooked. Smile locked on my face, what have I done to my herbs in the last decade helluvagreattaste woohoo!

Honeymoon goes on, overtime at works allow to spoil myself so an Extreme Q lands home cause I wan't another draw feeling, less restrictive. Shared knowledge from FC got me good expertise for this unit. It shines in the living room. VPR-999 starts to collect dust.
I get to friends and show them the PAX and EQ and we begin degustation sessions and discover flavors and it's awesome.

I need to calm down a bit but now my new relation to MJ is greater than ever. Enjoying flavor and sensations not just the high, less lazyness, goodtimes, shit gets done and I'm happy.
It's like first times all over again!

I'm realising I started a collection but it's so enjoyable! Vapor quality, draw "feel", the format, heating styles, I'm now realising how different the experiences can be.
VPR-999, PAX, EQ, MFLB, VB2.0. I'm awaiting a SOLO, a Titan-2 and a 1st gen DaVinci. With the contributions of all FC members, while lurking I quickly became initiatied and more educated on vaporization in general.

So thanks for allowing such a great community to exist and for letting me in!

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to FC guys.

Don't feel as baked as usual
You mean you think smoking gets you more baked? Assuming you ARE comparing to smoke, just keep in mind that you get more compounds with smoke than you do with vapor, and some of them are just smoke byproducts that give you the lethargic, couch lock feeling that smokers consider to be part of the cannabis effect. I'm talking about toxic compounds like carbon monoxide and benzene. Vapor is a much cleaner high, although at high vaping temps you do get more sedative (and analgesic) compounds. If you're trying the switch from smoke to vapor it's a good idea to go strictly with vapor for about a week.
Gave me a nice feeling but I tought there was more to it or else why would they dare sell other models so high?
Glad to hear you got converted, but please don't get suckered into buying a really expensive model thinking that it has some high tech magic that'll enable you to get higher. An inexpensive herbalAire will do the job as well as a Volcano, and a DaVinci (still my 'go to' portable) you can pick up for a little over $100 will do as well as the most expensive pocket portable on the market. And a cheapo Vapolution 2.0 Purity package ($100) gives you an all glass vapor path-something very difficult to find at any price. Paying more $, in real world terms, mostly gets you better ease of use and/or more bells and whistles.

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you're trying the switch from smoke to vapor it's a good idea to go strictly with vapor for about a week.
It took me a week.
The 1st few days, my body felt saturated with the odor of the whips I was using.
I kept missing the taste of the smoke, and the feeling of the medicated state that smoke provided.
After about a week, I noticed that I was not rolling any doobies... and that I had not smoked in days.
The change had been made successfully.
Do like the man said.
Go strictly vapor for a week, and the change will be done.

Ganjo

Welcome to FC guys.

Glad to hear you got converted, but please don't get suckered into buying a really expensive model thinking that it has some high tech magic that'll enable you to get higher. An inexpensive herbalAire will do the job as well as a Volcano, and a DaVinci (still my 'go to' portable) you can pick up for a little over $100 will do as well as the most expensive pocket portable on the market. And a cheapo Vapolution 2.0 Purity package ($100) gives you an all glass vapor path-something very difficult to find at any price. Paying more $, in real world terms, mostly gets you better ease of use and/or more bells and whistles.

I did not express clearly my thought on this part. English is not my mother tongue. What I meant was more like so many different styles and ranges were offered. Whips, bags, portables, weird flea market styled ones, from 60$ to 600$. The variety got me intrigued. It's like seeing the deep end of a specialized hobbyshop of a hobby you know almost nothing about. The feeling one must have in the shop where Gizmo was found in Gremlins. I totally agree with you on the price is not the only driver mindset.

oliveoil

Hi all

I am pretty new to forums.
currently I am a sophomore in college studying to be an Environmental Scientist/Engineer or Geographer. My dream is to be a nature photographer so i'm learning all I can about nature. Some of you may already know but I have a sweet kitten who takes up my time when I'm not studying, working, or in class. I live in the Alabama where it's hella humid but also hella beautiful (but really where on earth isn't hella beautiful?). Living here is alright but I can't wait to a more mountainous and accepting region of the US or maybe even the world. I also like to bake from scratch but haven't gotten the art mastered yet.

I've been vaping with my boyfriend for about 2 years-I only vaped with him. Then this summer he gave me a Lotus vaporizer-what a sweet heart:love:. So that's where i'm at now

sammosjoo

Grundle Extraordinaire
Hi all

I am pretty new to forums.
currently I am a sophomore in college studying to be an Environmental Scientist/Engineer or Geographer. My dream is to be a nature photographer so i'm learning all I can about nature. Some of you may already know but I have a sweet kitten who takes up my time when I'm not studying, working, or in class. I live in the Alabama where it's hella humid but also hella beautiful (but really where on earth isn't hella beautiful?). Living here is alright but I can't wait to a more mountainous and accepting region of the US or maybe even the world. I also like to bake from scratch but haven't gotten the art mastered yet.

I've been vaping with my boyfriend for about 2 years-I only vaped with him. Then this summer he gave me a Lotus vaporizer-what a sweet heart:love:. So that's where i'm at now
So lucky lol I've been wanting a Lotus forever but I had to quit my job to go back to college:'(

adamm

Hey ladies and gentlemen. Not really new here tbh but its my first time exploring this forum properly and found this thread so thought I'd come say hello (to kill some time on this nightshift). Up to 2014 I was a smoker through and through, never tried vaping and was mixing my cannabis with tobacco (flame suit on).

So come new year I had ordered myself an MFLB just to try out, this wasn't a new years resolution attempt or anything. Just wanted to try out the world of vaping after it had interested me. So once I got into using the mflb I started to enjoy smoking less and less and come Feb the 6th I officially given up tobacco and had moved over to smoking either pure or vaping.

After doing that for a few months I was thinking how fast I was going through my weed rolling pure blunts usually containing 1g or more, painfully wasteful! Then someone on another forum (grasscity) mentioned how their davinci ascent tasted amazing. They seemed to have a great love for it and although the price was a little steep for me I bit the bullet in July and went for it and can I say what a game changer! The MFLB which I didn't really enjoy much anymore was now redundant and I had a vape that could hit me good and proper. The ascent was my daily from then on, such an amazing little tool and because of it's ability to hit hard I soon found myself slowly easing off combustion all together.

Sad times ahead though as at the start of this month my trusty davinci ascent broke, noooo I thought. Back to smoking it is then after trying the MFLB again and although it works well it just doesn't hit me very much and I find it a bit of a faff to use. The night my ascent broke I thought to myself I can't do this smoking lark and that same night I purchased a solo as a backup. Think it was about 4 painful days of combustion my solo arrived damn was I excited, like a kid on christmas eve. I had to smoke a fatty just to go sleep the night before haha.

So having taken delivery of my new solo I was lapping it up, love the thing and it hits like a champ! The next day I received my Davinci Ascent replacement and normal service was resumed and now here I am back to being a full time vaper and after combustion for 4 days I think that is a road I will not be going down again unless I have to.

Love vaping, love this forum and love how much more I seem to enjoy cannabis these days. Thanks for reading my rather long post and peace out :).

Jokermachine

Well-Blown Member
Old timer. Thought I would finally share. Quit at 21 now in my late 50's I decided, after a lot of reading, it was time to get back into the world of cannabis now that I'm not raising a family any more. My, how things have changed. The choices are amazing and vaping has to be one of the best discoveries of our generation. At least for us that smoked.
I'm blessed with a fabulous wife and great, grown up kids, all who like to use. Funny, I wasn't gonna let my kids in on the fact that I use, (till they were 25) but my daughter sniffed me out a few months ago. That was fun. We sat down and vaped together!
Anyway, thanks to everyone here, this place has been great, with fantastic people and tons of expert advice that's saved me time and money and added mucho good times to an already blessed life.

Dawntreader

Kayakist
Welcome @Jokermachine ! Alot HAS changed and for the better :) My daughter introduced me to vaping and it is really nice to share this with her and to read your post about sharing with your daughter! What is so wild is that so many of the posters here know so much more than i but i was smoking pot before they were even born! Crazy!

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
Hi there! I'm new here... I just finished filling out my about me section in my profile, so I'm going to just go ahead and copy and paste that right into here :)

For the sake of anonymity, my name is LadyKavaKava. I'm 28 years old and I live in California. I'm a Magic Flight Launch Box enthusiast and collector - I have two laser etched boxes (one Reddit Pineapple design and one Nautilus design), a Water Pipe Adapter, a 1.5ft Silicone Draw Whip, Concentrate Trays, a Power Adapter 2.0, a Nano Grinder, a Finishing Grinder, a Lanyard, a Glass ABV Container, and all three of Forrest Landry's books - An Immanent Metaphysics, The Effective Choice, and the Tiny Book of Essential Wisdom. (Forrest Landry was the inventor of the MFLB and author of three philosophical works which have become basis for the company's morals and ethics). I vape Sweetly Calming Herbal Blend, Balancing Bleus Herbal Blend, Kava Oil Concentrate, and Medical Marijuana - for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Fibromyalgia, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety and Insomnia. I plan on collecting the Infinity Wing and Metatron's Cube laser etched design boxes and one of the boxes from the Artisan's collection.

As well as vaping herb instead of smoking, I've also been off cigarettes completely for six months now - I switched to an e-cig mod composed of an iTaste 30S tank and iTaste MVP 2.0 battery :)

Top Bottom