Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

hamchuck

I originally stopped in to read about different vapes and ended up lurking around.. You guys have tons of knowledge on this stuff and it seems like a pretty sweet community !!! So i decided to join up, I live in wisco.. I'm 32 . I'm a tattooist by day... b4 that I was in the army did some crazy shit there.. and naturally turned to self medication (which yea yea its not the right way to go about things, but at least i'm not drinking!!).. trying to get back to being good and shit , but man its tough i like puffin j's but i don't like how my lungs feel .. I stay in shape cuz im paranoid as all hell somethings gonna happen lol. anyways I had vaping in my head the past year but never really tried to commit to anything, in my area the shops don't carry anything. So coming across the site , there's just so much info and even found a thread about being an athlete while vaping so that was cool too. Anyway, I ordered a MFLB yesterday. Gonna check that one out, and I have my eyes on a few more ! So that's a bit about me.

Yoshi

Woah
Hello all, I'm Yoshi :wave:

I started vaping about 4 months ago when I bought an MFLB. 2 months ago I got myself a DBV and now I barely smoke anymore, only if I'm with friends and I have to. I'm 18, live in Washington, and I love vaporizing. :D

I came here from Grasscity looking for a vaporizer-specific forum, and I like how mature every post is here. Hope to have a great experience on this forum!

:peace:

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Hello all, I'm Yoshi :wave:

I started vaping about 4 months ago when I bought an MFLB. 2 months ago I got myself a DBV and now I barely smoke anymore, only if I'm with friends and I have to. I'm 18, live in Washington, and I love vaporizing. :D

I came here from Grasscity looking for a vaporizer-specific forum, and I like how mature every post is here. Hope to have a great experience on this forum!

:peace:
welcome Yoshi, great to have you on board the fourms!

kushcabbage,

stoneloc

Heyas, lurker-turned-poster here.

CA med patient, been medicating pretty regularly for about eight years now, been using vapes since ~2007 or 2008.

First one was a really crappy vapor bros clone that never worked. Second one, bought maybe a week later, was a Fuji (Volcano knockoff) that had me filling bag over bag. I can't believe what my tolerance looked like back then. I'm better with using T-breaks to keep things a little more efficient now!

Since then have collected a couple of MFLBs, a VaporBuddy (VaporGenie knockoff), a VaporGenie (after realizing the VaporBuddy sucked :)), and a SSV that's now my go-to coffee table vape. Also just ordered a Ploom PAX, which'll be here next week. That will replace my MFLB as my primary portable.

I'm a gadget freak, so vapes push a couple of my buttons. I'm definitely one of those who gets a rush off picking out and getting the new device almost as much as I do from using it. Looking forward to learning tons here!

Yoshi

Woah
Heyas, lurker-turned-poster here.

CA med patient, been medicating pretty regularly for about eight years now, been using vapes since ~2007 or 2008.

First one was a really crappy vapor bros clone that never worked. Second one, bought maybe a week later, was a Fuji (Volcano knockoff) that had me filling bag over bag. I can't believe what my tolerance looked like back then. I'm better with using T-breaks to keep things a little more efficient now!

Since then have collected a couple of MFLBs, a VaporBuddy (VaporGenie knockoff), a VaporGenie (after realizing the VaporBuddy sucked :)), and a SSV that's now my go-to coffee table vape. Also just ordered a Ploom PAX, which'll be here next week. That will replace my MFLB as my primary portable.

I'm a gadget freak, so vapes push a couple of my buttons. I'm definitely one of those who gets a rush off picking out and getting the new device almost as much as I do from using it. Looking forward to learning tons here!
Welcome! :D

Yoshi,
Reactions: stoneloc

teeo

greetings. i stopped smoking weed due to heartburn issues but just recently discovered vaping (although i've not vaped yet). i figured, this may be an alternative to smoking and a method that won't trigger my heartburn. been researching on which portable vape to start off with :)

stoneloc

greetings. i stopped smoking weed due to heartburn issues but just recently discovered vaping (although i've not vaped yet). i figured, this may be an alternative to smoking and a method that won't trigger my heartburn. been researching on which portable vape to start off with :)

Welcome! I have heartburn/GERD issues too. Moving away from smoking definitely helped some.

stoneloc,

weedemon

enthusiast

i found sometimes if i was really stressed even vapor still made me get heartburn hope it works out ok for you man! :)

weedemon,

teeo

would you say vaping minimized/eliminated heartburn??

have you guys heard of the paleo lifestyle? when i'm strict with my diet in regards to the paleo lifestyle, my heartburn is eliminated. i actually got rid of it but recently my diet hasn't been as good as it used to be and my heartburn has been inching back.

www.reddit.com/r/paleo

weedemon

enthusiast
it's a combination of things that attributed to my getting my heartburn under control.

Things I changed: about my lifestyle

-converting from smokgin to vapor did help. it's less thick and i think that helps prevent me from doing the swallowing action. also know this... vapes with a high restriction made my heartburn worse! get one that is more easy flowing.

I exercise regularly now, once ever 2 or 3 days. rarely everyday though.

I stopped eating so much late at night, and certain foods I avoid at night. Hi acid/spicy heat foods are bad!

So i looked into what your talking about and i love bread :( can you still have it?? as i see it it's that you cannot process any grains and such right? basically if cavemen didn't have it then neither do you right?

It's a really interesting idea and It makes sense in terms of human evolution and the rapid change to our bodies would create a shock!

weedemon,

teeo

the idea that heartburn is due to too much acid is incorrect. we as humans actually do not produce enough acid in the first place. so taking antacids and acid suppressor drugs are just a bandaid to a much larger problem.

heartburn is caused from internal gas due to bacteria feeding on short chain carbohydrates in your gut. these bacteria feed on the carbohydrates which produces gas. this gas causes pressure and pushes the acid up your esophagus.

i completely eradicated my heartburn when i went quite strict with this lifestyle. but in the last month i fell off the wagon and ate what i shouldn't have and it's back. i have curbed it again and just need to remain strong.

do you love bread or do you love what goes on the bread ;)

bread (gluten based products) contain characteristics that our body just cannot digest. gluten is a protein we cannot digest. grains as a defence mechanism produce this chemical that actually harms us. has a lot of phytic acid. and more which i cannot recall at the moment but with a simple google search, you'll find plenty.

i stay away from processed foods and wheat/gluten based products. i find that they hinder my health. you should try it out for 30 days and see how you fare. that's what i did and i felt so much better that i continued on with it.

check out this article (and the sub-articles) which explains heartburn beautifully.
http://chriskresser.com/heartburn

also, you said vapes with a high restriction made your heartburn worse. what does that mean? i am completely new to the vape world. i am thinking of purchasing the MFLB. do you have any experiences with that?

teeo,

weedemon

enthusiast
never heard of that explanation for heartburn before. new insights! :) some googling is needed on my part now :p

yep the mflb is a fantastic "starter" vape. it's portable, works well, and will teach you a lot about vaporization if you listen to it. I bet you will end up moving on though because I find for many users after a while you just wish you could get the job done faster. if you have a night tolerance I would not recommend the mflb to you at all however. I used to smoke 1.75-3.5g a day depending on the day. and i vape 0.5-1.5 a day now.

when i started vaping I loved it so much my usage actually went up. because it was so fun and exciting.

but i calmed down after about a month haha!

so by restriction I am meaning the air path.

take a soda straw and try to breathe through it hard with some force... now take a toilet paper roll and do the same thing... that's restriction. and when I am trying to draw from a vape with a tight restriction on a vape that you need to pull hard on, it makes me have a tendency to swallow some of the vapor. I used to do this with smoking too... would burp smoke after! haha swallowing smoke/vapor = heartburn for me.

anyways this is not a good thing for me, and has make me puke a few times even.

the mflb is a "sipper" so even though it has a tiny airway, it doesn't matter in this case.

the arizer solo has made me chuck a few times, but it's my fave portable vape so i still use it! just gotta be careful.

some log vapes have a high restriction.

weedemon,
Reactions: teeo

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
As some of you might guess from my name, (Crohnie) I have Crohn's Disease and vape the herb to relieve nausea, increase appetite, and decrease pain. I'm a classically trained singer, so vaporization has been my preferred method to medicate. I want to thank all the peeps on FC for your advice and reviews of vapes. I used to own a VTower, but wasn't crazy about it. I currently own A Volcano Classic w/easy valve and a Pax. Love both of them :)

Massiv710

hello everyone I believe it's time for me to join a forum that shares the same interests I have. I'm a 32 year old Canadian gent and I build prototypes as a hobby. For the past two years I've been working on couple of truly unique projects involving vaporization of concentrates experimenting with titanium and good ol electricity. I'm not one to sell things and I read the forum rules. All I gotta say is you can all put down your creme brule torches. there's some really fun accessories I'm gonna bring into existence real soon.Hope I blow your minds. cheers!

Massiv710,
Reactions: weedemon

Karuna

Hello everyone!
I just registered. FC seems to be a very nice community — I've found lots of interesting stuff. I've been vaporizing for more than a year. My first vaporizer was a DIY light bulb vaporizer connected to a bong. It worked nicely, but I was a bit worried about inhaling stuff other than herbs, perhaps some poisonous chemical from a bulb. So a week ago I bought Arizer Extreme Q which I like very much! I can't believe how little herbs it takes to achieve the desired effect. I feel this is going to be an interesting exploration of botanical dimensions!

Karuna,
Reactions: vtac
At Carleton University I was introduced to the magic of cannabis in 1967. My use was pretty sparse as I seemed to get a hangover which I did not like much. In the late 90's I found vaporizers like the BC vaporizer which got rid of the hangover and convinced me that vaporization was the way to go. In looking around on the web in probably 1998-2000 I discovered Bob and Omega Ultra Light a vaporizer powered by a soldering iron. http://www.flashevap.com/oul.htm and when he came out with Eterra his next model I got that ($200). I used that for many years (it is built for life) and then I met the iolite version 1 which still works well for me. I then got the Wispr which for me was an upgrade. Now in the last year I have seen the vaporizer world exploding and so have I. DaVinci, Arizer, Pax and I am considering a cloud. I am hooked I admit it.

hey guys, new member here. Ive seen the website come up a bunch of times when searching different terms on google so i figured i might as well join. Just started getting into Oil's about 9 months ago. I find myself smoking less bud and doing more dabs now. I am very interested in these hand held vaporizers that you can take a dab or your oil in, on the go! I just cant figure out which one to buy. The omni sounds like a good one. Is there any one that you prefer over the others?

mod note: Please ask your model specific questions in the appropriate thread. This one is just for saying 'hello'. ;)

SandPaperHandJobs,
Top Bottom