Weird News Stories of the Day.....

Poostuff

Please delete
Here’s an odd one. I didn’t know you couldn’t name your baby anything you wanted to.

https://www.popsugar.com.au/parenting/Baby-Names-Banned-Australia-42805885?fullsite=1

I particularly like the list of names banned in all of Australia:

1. Bonghead
  2. Chow Tow
  3. Dickhead
  4. G-Bang
  5. Ikea
  6. iMac
  7. Maryjuana
  8. Medicare
  9. Ned Kelly
  10. Panties
  11. Ranga
  12. Scrotum
  13. Shithead
  14. Smelly
  15. Snort
  16. Thong
  17. Virgin

Personally I think it shouldn’t be illegal to name your kid Smelly if they’ve actually earned it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Personally I think it shouldn’t be illegal to name your kid Smelly if they’ve actually earned it.

It shouldn't be illegal but if you named a kid smelly because they earned it every toddler would qualify. I guess you could make the name more unique if you included some additional characteristics like "Big", "Runny", "OMG"....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
55e68ed5b5c2cab281f379b1181cb9dbcc8e63c80099a3260356b743d975780c.jpg

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Woman Arrested After Asking Police To Test Needle For Meth
By Keri Blakinger 05/22/17
The police honored her request and then took her to jail for drug possession.

mugshot.png

Sammi Breeden via Miami County Sheriff Department

An Indiana woman is facing charges after she allegedly asked police to check her needle for meth.

Sammi Breeden found herself with a prickly problem after she encountered officers responding to a suspicious persons call in the tiny town of Peru, according to WEVV-TV.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Pointing a finger gun lands 12-year-old Johnson County student in handcuffs

[D]uring a class discussion, another student asked the girl, if she could kill five people in the class, who would they be? In response, the girl allegedly pointed her finger pistol — like the ones many children use playing cops and robbers.

Because of that gesture, The Star was told, the girl was sent to Principal Jeremy McDonnell’s office, and the other students involved were also talked to. The school resource officer recommended that she be arrested, the source said.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Designing Virtuous Sex Robots
Article (PDF Available)
inInternational Journal of Social Robotics · September 2019 with 3,766 Reads 
DOI: 10.1007/s12369-019-00592-1
Cite this publication
Abstract
We propose that virtue ethics can be used to address ethical issues central to discussions about sex robots. In particular, we argue virtue ethics is well equipped to focus on the implications of sex robots for human moral character. Our evaluation develops in four steps. First, we present virtue ethics as a suitable framework for the evaluation of human–robot relationships. Second, we show the advantages of our virtue ethical account of sex robots by comparing it to current instrumentalist approaches, showing how the former better captures the reciprocal interaction between robots and their users. Third, we examine how a virtue ethical analysis of intimate human–robot relationships could inspire the design of robots that support the cultivation of virtues. We suggest that a sex robot which is equipped with a consent-module could support the cultivation of compassion when used in supervised, therapeutic scenarios. Fourth, we discuss the ethical implications of our analysis for user autonomy and responsibility.

C No Ego

@Ramahs that describes why nothing seems to make any sense whatsoever ... everyone is blinded by religion and admit that science matter less LOL.... now there are laws that protect Dumb motherfuckers from having their head to far in the fucking sand

Top Bottom