weight loss experiment

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
did a couple of tests while vaping and finally came around to do a write up...

tl;dr :D
87 samples: average weight loss of 28.3%

L1hpMpD.png

HJeiIwe.png

K3QPXh6.png

MinnBobber

Thanks,
I've always been really curious---for using ABV, what was the original weight?

Could you check the graph and figures.
I'd say highest loss was like 37.5%
Verbage says loss figures up to 42.5%.
Graph shows about 37.5%.

thanks again

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Nice!

Herb is 80% water when it is alive. Don't you think lots of the variation is just water?

The LSV has no precise temp control so the temps could be different between the extractions?

How did you know when to stop? ABV color?
ive read somewhere that the water content needs to be below 17% to prevent mold. a quick google (http://www.triqsystems.com/resources/knowledge-center/medical-marijuana-drying.html) came up with the following:
Cannabis plants are 80% water. A perfectly dried cannabis plant material will have a moisture content of about 10-12%. Fungi cannot grow below 15%. If dried below 10%, the cannabis material becomes too brittle and will fall apart.
yes all what you say is true. but the variation between strains was significant enough while having more or less the same dryness (i mean this is far from exact science).

the new average total mass fraction of cannabinoids and terpenes etc except water could be newly calculated using ~11% from the text to 17.3%.

with the lsv after 4-5 draws the load is usually spent. vapor production is very low and the taste gets bitter. abv was a nice brown, not too dark. i measured temp of the setting with the lsv in this picture but yes as you say the temperature is not always consistent. in general the temperatures are very high though and id say good extraction can be achieved... i have no ways to quantify this.

Thanks,
I've always been really curious---for using ABV, what was the original weight?

Could you check the graph and figures.
I'd say highest loss was like 37.5%
Verbage says loss figures up to 42.5%.
Graph shows about 37.5%.

thanks again
hehe. its not clarified enough i know but it doesnt say that the graphs in the figure are corresponding to the lowest and highest losses. they are random "good looking" low/high loss graphs. i can supply the data if you like.

funkyjunky,
Top Bottom