Weed aside, has anyone read into Kratom for pain?

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Thanks for the updates @t-dub , I'm gonna try this myself I think. A quick google turned up 2 coupon codes for kratomunderground.com, not sure if they work but worth a shot

TRYUSOUT : 15% off first time order
FREESHIPKU : free shipping regardless of spend

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
TRYUSOUT : 15% off first time order
Wish I had found that coupon, hope it works for you. The one I used was on their FB page for a small discount on the Kava Kava. Apparently KU's main coupon avenue is through a text messaging system. If I decide to continue with this I will probably go ahead and sign up for that.

Today's dose was 2 grams of Red Vein Sumatra. This strain is nice but noticeably weaker than the Horned Maeng Da Red that I tried yesterday. Similar effects but less. I will be moving on to green vein next I think.

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Yea I just noticed one item said it's price was too good already to apply a coupon, so I just googled it lol, came back with a site called couponchief.com with those codes but looks legit enough..
https://www.couponchief.com/kratomunderground

I'm curious about strain differences, and how noticeable they are to a beginner. I'm a little apprehensive about "uplifting" effects as some sativas ( eg. super lemon haze) can get me kind of jittery/anxious so I was looking at the Horned MDR, thinking the red veins are more relaxing? Most of the reviews describe it as energizing, but I assume it's more subtle when combined with the analgesic effects? Also if anyone has a strain in mind that would be conducive to sleep I would be eternally grateful. It would save me a fortune if I didn't have to green out every night just to get 4hrs sleep lol

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just joined the KU text coupon system by texting KRATOM to 31996. First coupon I received is 10% off, use code 10OFF4ME, good until 5/30. They say you get 5 text messages a month and once you join they ask for your b-day and say if you respond you will get a special coupon then.

10690177_277768612347404_1507030626200981696_n.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Today's dose, 2 grams of Premium Maeng Da which is a green vein. Definitely more energizing than the Horned Maeng Da Red. Feels like I have had some coffee. Teeth feeling slightly numbed, sense of well being ok but offset by the energizing effect. I definitely like the red veins better but this is nice. Using mini cupcake things as weigh boats.

kratom.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm so glad it's helping you!! :D

I couldn't ever get past the texture of ground Kratom, so I encapsulated all of it. I weighed the capsules before and after filling to get an accurate weight. My size "00" capsules weighed exactly one gram. I used a tamper with my capping machine as well.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Another comment on the green vein energizing effect. I have never like stimulants. They just don't agree with me. I don't like the tight feeling in my chest. I can see that using green vein strains in the morning is just not going to work for me. BUT I just realized that when having some red wine in the evening the green vein can counteract the lethargy that comes from drinking in a very nice way so thats where they will be used. So far the Maeng Da strains are definitely stronger than the others, I just have to try them more to find out how much. For the slight difference in cost I will be buying the Horned MDR in the future for sure.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Today's dose was 2 grams of Green Malay. Very similar to the Premium Maeng Da. Good well being, definite energizing effect, but it didn't make my teeth quite as numb. The energizing effect is like having a double espresso or something, and I'm not a huge fan of stimulants, so when my sample pack is done I will only buy the Horned Maeng Da Red in the future as I like this the best so far. I will have to try a larger dose of the Red Vein Sumatra to see if I can approximated the Horned Maeng Da Red. I plan to get a sample of the Super Red Vein Borneo to see how it compares.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Today's dose was 2 grams of Green Malay. Very similar to the Premium Maeng Da. Good well being, definite energizing effect, but it didn't make my teeth quite as numb. The energizing effect is like having a double espresso or something, and I'm not a huge fan of stimulants, so when my sample pack is done I will only buy the Horned Maeng Da Red in the future as I like this the best so far. I will have to try a larger dose of the Red Vein Sumatra to see if I can approximated the Horned Maeng Da Red. I plan to get a sample of the Super Red Vein Borneo to see how it compares.
thanks t-dub for sharing your experiences, I'm sure its gonna help people in the right direction as far as strain effects, good posts keep it up

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

Don't forget, the more you take, the more sedative the effects, regardless of strain, for the most part.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Don't forget, the more you take, the more sedative the effects, regardless of strain, for the most part.
Yeah I have read that, it interests me, and its something I can't check out yet since I am starting with small doses. When I gain more experience and confidence I will start upping the dose to experience this effect. I think the 2 gram level is a safe starting point, but you are correct, people are doing much larger doses and getting a different benefit. Fascinating . . . :)

Yeah I have read that, it interests me, and its something I can't check out yet since I am starting with small doses. When I gain more experience and confidence I will start upping the dose to experience this effect. I think the 2 gram level is a safe starting point, but you are correct, people are doing much larger doses and getting a different benefit. Fascinating . . . :)
Thanks for trialing this Kratom and updating us @t-dub I've been following closely and will probably place an order myself soon.

dingus

I'm super curious about Kratom, it sounds interesting. But from everything I've read, especially with those jitters, it definitely sounds like it doesn't mix well with epilepsy.

dingus,

HomeFree

has anyone made an order with Krtom Underground lately? I was going to place an order but it looks like people are saying they tried to make off with their money when I went to look for reviews. I have been in pretty severe pain in my elbow lately and I don't want to get ripped off.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I know a few legitimate sites, if your curious send me a private message and I'll provide them to you.

And as for these "jitters" I've never experienced anything close to what's described rarely from people taking extremely high dosages. And I've taken pretty high amounts just out of curiosity.

DabComa,
Reactions: j-bug

Farid

I'm super curious about Kratom, it sounds interesting. But from everything I've read, especially with those jitters, it definitely sounds like it doesn't mix well with epilepsy.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I can't drink alcohol, and I have to watch my caffeine intake (I need to have like 3 cups of coffee for it to start being dangerous). I also want to make sure there's no interaction with oxcarbazepine.

Trypsy Summers

Kratom!!

Here's my two pence, sorry two cents worth!
First up, Kratom is extremely effective for pain relief!:tup:

My partner suffers from Fibromyalgia and swears by it, when the pain becomes unbearable. We've found that Kratom is very effective (and it works well with Cannabis) in the provision of pain relief! However, I would urge (or even warn) against using it with Alcohol! :nope:
Whereas my partner swears by it out of necessity, I am fortunate, in that I do not have chronic pain issues, so I take it for pain relief only rarely. I say fortunate, cos Kratom has a distinctive taste that (is ughh!! Very horrible to me) it can take some getting use to, I find that lime juice (one squeezed lime) added to the water can ameliorate the taste.

It usually takes about an hour for it to come on, but it definitely works, it's great for a good night sleep or if you just want to totally unwind!:zzz: :whoa:!!

Anything from 2gms up to 7gm or 10grms works, but make sure its mixed well if its powdered, as it can be an extreme irritant if ingested without being mixed well -i well at least in my experience!

Yeah gotta to give it up to Kratom, its very effective piece of medicine, when it comes to pain relief!!
That's why the Gov't wanna ban it!:mental::bang:

Not saying:\, just saying;), without saying:)!

Peace :leaf:

Trypsy Summers,
Reactions: Vicki

Trypsy Summers

My better half uses Kratom for her Fibromyalgia and it works wonders, I am fortunate that I do not have chronic pain issue, so I don't have to take it as a necessity.

However, having consumed some tonight, you won't find me knocking Kratom, although I find the taste to be foul in a uniquely obnoxious way!
kwasny.gif
To quote a geezer off YouTube, "it really tastes like some swamp thing has done a horrible shit in ya mouth", the taste is so psychologically off putting to me, that I'm (mugging myself off in terms of) refusing to have it, to the extent that I had to force myself tonight or else I would have just got to the point of extreme paranoia regarding the taste.

Trust me when I say I have ingested some foul tasting stuff in my time, but there is something about this taste which is just disturbing plain and simple. My missus just thinks I'm a wuss!! But before moving on, I've found the best method is X amount of grams (2g - 7g) mixed with Lime juice then a small amount of water which does enough to ameliorate the taste!

However, once the Kratom has been drank (and the foulness passes) then Kratom is the best pain killer, and I love the way it lifts the mood in addition to suppressing appetite, so when you have the weed which give you munchies, then you're kinda covered! The calming effects are so worth it, that it makes you wonder what all the fuss was about! But as I said; its a psychological thing with me, cos my higher self knows that it ain't that bad, but the ego/mind makes the imagined foulness real, (to quote The Matrix,) to the point that the taste is,,,well, it might as well be Satan's runny diarrhea in that cup!
kwasny.gif
But here,s the fucking funny thing! Once I've got past that stage, I gotta say, there ain't nothing like a cup of 'Satan's' to make you feel good!!!
headbang.gif

I guess what I'm saying is that Kratom is a very effective tool in the herbal arsenal, and its a 100% better than the shit from Big Pharma sold over the counter!!
headbang.gif

little maggie

This seems very interesting. I read that one of it's historical uses was to treat opiate addiction. Unfortunately, I also read that the US government is thinking of banning it. It seems like if something OTC is very effective for treating a medical condition but isn't going to bring the pharmaceutical industry money, the government bans it. Or am I just being cynical?

Trypsy Summers

This seems very interesting. I read that one of it's historical uses was to treat opiate addiction. Unfortunately, I also read that the US government is thinking of banning it. It seems like if something OTC is very effective for treating a medical condition but isn't going to bring the pharmaceutical industry money, the government bans it. Or am I just being cynical?

Lil Maggie, you make a good point, re the ban, it seems that the UK government are on the same tip, they're muting a ban on Kratom under the guise of the psychoactive substance ban, yeah right!!:\
The truth is, where anything is deemed to be good for you and is natural, (i.e.what they can't patent or profit from,) they automatically ban!!:huh:
How the fuck does that work? Other than harming the good everyday folks - folks like us!!
So in a nutshell you ain't been cynical - you're just been real!!:clap:

As for the opiate addiction, I can see how that could well be the case (or is indeed the case) for although I don't have such an affliction, I can see how it can work, as Kratom can take the edge of a weed drought, lol!:rockon:

Hail to that cup of 'Satan's' cos it really works,

PS; For the religiously intolerant out there, the term I use, (Satan's) is just that, a nickname that happens to best describe this brew and how its taste affects me! So please don't get it twisted, No offence meant! (just thought I'd get that one in:tup:)

Not saying:), Just saying:2c: without saying;)

:leaf: Peace

Trypsy Summers,
Top Bottom