Website efficiency recommendation - "What's New?" falls short.

satyrday

I can only speak to my habits here, but when I hit the "What's New?" link (which is often), I almost always follow it up by hitting "All Recent Messages". This is because the former excludes messages the site assumes I read, which I may have really only skimmed or ignored for the time being while focusing on another message. If there were an "All Recent Messages" link at the top of most pages like there is for "What's New?", it would save me an extra click and the site owner perhaps much unnecessary page activity. At the bottom of the page would be nice too saving either a click or a scroll to get to the top of a page (even more efficient).

If you had a site that made money on each click that would be a different story, but thankfully your site is not encumbered by that business model. Minor quibble about an overall great site!

satyrday,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I can only speak to my habits here, but when I hit the "What's New?" link (which is often), I almost always follow it up by hitting "All Recent Messages". This is because the former excludes messages the site assumes I read, which I may have really only skimmed or ignored for the time being while focusing on another message. If there were an "All Recent Messages" link at the top of most pages like there is for "What's New?", it would save me an extra click and the site owner perhaps much unnecessary page activity. At the bottom of the page would be nice too saving either a click or a scroll to get to the top of a page (even more efficient).

If you had a site that made money on each click that would be a different story, but thankfully your site is not encumbered by that business model. Minor quibble about an overall great site!
i saved the "All Recent Messages" link, to my book marks.. so it's only one click for me.

EDIT: oh you use an android, i see.. that seems annoying in general for this kind of thing. i'm still pretty unfamiliar w/ web browsing on new phones.. on my PC, chrome lets me book mark right under the search bar if i want, or in folders. i'm assuming that its not set up like that on the phone. the "whats new" link is pretty useless compared to the "all recent messages" link.

Top Bottom