Weak E Juice Questions

jhands

Background:
Started out with roughly 12.5g of mid grade Northern Lights my friend grew at home. Wasn't the highest quality, color was a bit off as it was brown-orange, but sticky icky and good flavor. Potency of bud was pretty good when used traditionally. Due to this being an experimental procedure for me, I decided to use this jar of flower because it was free to me.

I popped the jar of flower and the jug of grain alcohol 190 proof into the freezer for a day. Performed a 30 second wash on flower, strained through a coffee filter. Then performed a second 30 second wash, and strained again. Evaporated off alcohol with Pyrex on window frame and fan blowing alcohol vapor outside. In the end, I had a little bit of stubborn water (milky white) so I water bathed for a short period of time at low temp to get rid of it.

Yield was about 1.3 grams of concentrate. I diluted about 1:1 with EJ mix. The oil is not 2-3 vape hits to medicate. I have a low tolerance and can hardly feel any effects at times. Roommate is every day smoker, she took 14 hits the other day still standing.

The pen is a v2 pro series 3.

Questions:
Is a full decarboxylation required for e juice because of the somewhat lower and fluctuating temperatures of the pens? I called v2, and they can't seem to provide and solid information about the coil temperature when the liquid chamber is involved. Seems like overseas moron customer service.

Does decarbing the oil make it readily bioavailable and just use the ej mix as a carrier? A friend of mine and I thought that decarboxylation would not be necessary if vaping in a pen, but I'm starting to wonder.

If I want to decarb my now mixed e juice, what would be the best way to do it? Will the ej mix boil off and require more to be added?

Thank you for your consideration ladies and gents.

jhands,

jhands

Just did some playing around with the pen. It seems I was hitting it too hard. A long steady slow hit just gave me a hack and a huge plume. And a good medicated feeling. So I'm wondering if we were all hitting it too hard?

jhands,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
If you are seeing vapor, the temperature of the coil/juice flowing to the heating element is going to be close to 400F, that is plenty high to decarboxylate your concentrate in the mix. When you mixed the cjuice up, did you let it sit in a hot water bath to fully melt?

I run my cjuice pen at 8 watts of power, which now a days is considered low. The coils are either 1.5 or 2 ohms in a kanger aerotank mini. I use 1gr of wax/shatter to 2ml of ejmix. Even with my moderate tolerance, I can feel the effects off of one puff. This is with mid 60's % THC in the concentrate.

I can hit it hard, or soft, it doesn't really matter all that much, I still get the same effects. I do 10 second draws because at 8 watts it's not huge power output.

psychonaut,

jhands

Me, my girlfriend, and my roommate were all hitting the pen too hard. We were meeting resistance and not getting much vapor. When I played with it this morning, I learned to inhale slow and long, and got throat hit and a hack.

I'm assuming decarb isn't necessary, but it would be easier to medicate with a better pen maybe?

jhands,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Correct, decarbing the concentrates used in cjuice is not necessary as it decarbs when its used.

Personally, I've tried a number of tanks and mods/batteries. I think the istick 20 watt device is plenty good for medicating with. Your issue is going to be finding a tank that doesn't leak. All of my tanks leak out of the air holes if I am not careful and turn them upside down when changing elevations. The atmospheric pressure pushes the cjuice out of the bottom of the tank where the air holes are and once that starts, it's hard to stop.

Aside from changing elevations and dealing with the spring/summer heat thinning out the cjuice, you should be good to go. Be mindful and you wont waste money on leaking tanks =)

My setup is -

istick 20 watts @ 8 watts (sometimes I bump it up to 9 when the coil starts getting old)
kanger aerotank mini w/2.1ohm coil (the kanger invisible wick type)
ejmix or puff majik at 2ml with 1gr of winterized concentrates.

1 puff relieves anxiety, 2 puffs relieves pain, 3+ puffs for bedtime.

I've been using the cjuice for over a year now and that's pretty much what I've settled on.

Best of luck and enjoy!

psychonaut,

jhands

Is there any way to get rid of the plastic chemical taste of ej mix? It doesn't taste natural or healthy to me. Any better alternatives ?

jhands,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Not that I know of, outside of adding in terpenes or some sort of food grade flavoring. It's the PEG400 I think. My understanding is plain PG, VG or a combination of the two will not keep the concentrate mixed, it will eventually separate.

There is another option, not as stealth, but there are portable devices that can vaporize just the concentrates. G9 Henail, Crafty w/oil pad, many others.

psychonaut,

jhands

I fly with it for work, traveling professional (whatever the F that means). Keeping it in a tiny oil chamber and having a good quantity for the week is appealing to me. Have you tried the puff majic? Any less plastic taste? Does it separate? My v2 tank is leaking so I pulled all my juice out and put it back into the storage container. They're sending me a free new one, will see if it leaks.

jhands,

Delirium_trigger

Check out this thread.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/advanced-thc-e-juice-mods-tanks-coils-builds-recipes.20529/

I started using EJmix, I still have probably 65ml of the 70ml bottle I purchased in august 2015. That plastic taste you refer to is most likely from a high amount of PEG's in their mix. I have since tried Holy Terps lines with great success and no bad taste. Anyways, here's my experiences most recently.

So in my few months of experimenting (slowly), I've got a few mixes that everyone seems to prefer. They're quite simple and basic, unlike some of these fully diy mixes that are going on.

For a CE3 type cartridge i tend to use a 1:4 ratio, it breaks down to 1g oil : 3.5ml of HT Philosopher : .5ml of Pure.
For a o.pen type cartridge i use a 1:1 ratio, it breaks down to 1g oil : .5ml HT Philosopher : .5ml of Pure.

I initially tried the Pure at a ratio of 1g : .5ml and wasn't impressed with the results. The oil does run but not enough for even the o.pen type carts. I can get one good tasting hit every 2-3 minutes or so. A repeat hit tastes stale and burnt as its not wicking well enough. Didn't care to experiment much more along this avenue, so added a half a ml of holy terp and it made it work perfectly.

Pure Original - is strongly of d'limonene, my initial impressions was it was too strong. I think this was mainly because of getting it on my fingers and all. I've come to appreciate the subtle lemony flavor in the two mixes I listed above.

Pure Strawberry - is a sweet floral smell and taste. Very similar to strawberry's in my opinion. People have told me that this one is a bit smoother than the Pure Original.

I just ordered some Pure Blueberry and Tangerine, along with some Holy Terp Couch Lock for my next couple of batches. Will report back with thoughts on the flavors.

Pictures are hard....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF4iwsQO6W8
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF4iuhQu6W4/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF4isCOu6Wx/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF4ipGjO6Wp/

Delirium_trigger,

jhands

I am extremely new to the world of vaping devices. I picked up the v2 pro because of solid reviews, and have had decent experiences with it today since learning to draw on it slowly and steadily. One would think that a harder draw means more vapor similar to smoking a J or a bowl, but it seems with the slow and steady approach you are giving the air you pull into the cartridge a chance to pick up and carry the vapor, resulting in a strong, cough inducing hit and well medicated feeling.

I will try holy terp in my next batch. Have you tried to mix any of it with the EJ mix to dilute the flavor of the PEG?

Does a 1:1 ratio of concentrate to holy terp flavored oil hold together? I can't order the active solutions because of the state I live in, only the pure and flavored ones with no thc.

Are you familiar with my simple pen set up? Will something like this suffice?

jhands,
Top Bottom