• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Wax/shatter/budder Vape or rig?

Smokinjoe

hello all

I have been around a bit, smoking 20yr, have had 4 vapes, I live in a medical state and have a card, etc

my vapes,
1, pax original

2, flowermate original

3, firefly 2

Current, 3 yr old mighty.

I am not able to get choke or cough your lungs out hits from concentrate

I loosely pack them in the mighty w flower, I’ll put 2-4 tad bits in w the flower, put it to 410, so-so results

Log style bubbler, loosely pack it almost identically to mighty, sometimes u get a good hit, sometimes not, I only light one end and let it burn throughout

Not bad, but not what I’m looking for

I also have a Yocan evolve dab pen (it’s their first one, only paid 20 bux)

But with two coils it’s a bitch, u need to clean it every use, wax falls off coils, etc

Never been happy with it

Question comes down to, buy a rig? Or a Vape specially for concentrate??

I don’t wana spend more than 100,

Two similar mod box style ones that caught my eye

Pulsar APX wax or KandyPen K box

Will either of these, or any others under 100 give good hard hits or bite bullet n buy rig?

Only thing about rig is it isn’t portable....

I currently smoke prefilled cartridges with various batteries and the mighty w & without added wax/shatter/budder

Plz guys, hit me hard with advice

Smokinjoe,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CalyxSmokr

Not sure what a log bubbler is. But I love wax and resin in my enano with cotton or hemp fiber. you have to be careful but it works great and has great efficiency - but you cant overload it or it wont work.
But in general I dont like big hits all at once. If you like big tokes I would say a rig is probably better but then you have a whole can of worms with heat source etc
I compromised with a SAI titanium bucket but that is almost 200 all in.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I think a quartz banger on a rig is the best way to enjoy concentrate and you could probably get all you need from DHgate for under 100 bux (glass $30, banger $10, bubble cap $5, torch $30). If you want portability the DivineTribe v3 (or newer 3.5) ceramic donut atomizer atop a 510 box mod can provide the results you seek. Matt has some complete kits (mod + atomizer) on his site that are under your price target (email him for FC discounts too!). He also has the quartz quest atomizer which is a more toward the quartz bucket approach with top airflow. Depending on your background - the box mod route can be frustrating for people with all the numbers flying around for resistance and TCR values - but the results of a tuned setup can be quite impressive and there's a ton of info in the DivineTribe thread.

Deleted Member 1643

Recommend the AVS Molecule and TRVP atomizers. With both, you dab from stainless steel e-cig coils. If you don't like wrapping coils, you can buy pre-built, but there is still some fussing. The reward is a very hard-hitting, yet smooth and flavorful dab. IMO, the Molecule has the edge on flavor, but the TRVP is a close second, and it's much easier to work with. There are FC threads on both.

Deleted Member 1643,
The v3 concentrate from Divine Tribe works well if you can stand using a ceramic donut. I was real happy with mine once I learned how to clean it properly.

Hackerman,

Smokinjoe

The v3 concentrate from Divine Tribe works well if you can stand using a ceramic donut. I was real happy with mine once I learned how to clean it properly.

Please pardon my ignorance

But is there another style donut or (coil?) that would be a better option??

I am ready to just buy a small rig but I really want portability

Smokinjoe,
I like a quartz/glass cup over any ceramic, titanuim or stainless (coils).

At home I really like my Longmada Motar.

The Longmada Motar is available on eBay or whatever shopping site you prefer. They don't sell direct except on eBay.

Divine Tribe makes a quartz cup called the Quartz Quest. I have one and it's not bad but, not my favorite.

https://ineedhemp.com/product/quartz-quest-510-thread-concentrate-atomizer/

I also believe Saionara came out with a quartz cup for their top flow Sai.

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-vaporizer-wtop-air-flow-ti-bucket-coil-installed/

I don't see the quartz bucket on their web site??

Right now, I am crazy about the Boundless Terp Pen. It is coil based which I usually don't like but it offers so much in terms of portability, ease of use and price that I am just loving it.

https://bndlstech.com/product/terp-pen/

Good luck

Hackerman,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hey @smoking Joe did you buy a wax pen? I have been using my Pulsar APX Wax with barb coil (kanthal) and based on its size, price, and performance i find it one of the best wax pens.

It gives huge hits with decent flavor. A ceramic doughnut will give better flavor buy not big hits in my experience.

The battery will last a few days of constant use and like Yocan, you can usually find coils at your local shop.

I have a Sai, Boundless Terp Pen, Atmos Studio Rig and a few lesser tank atomizers and my go to is the Pulsar APX Wax.

RogueGuy,

Smokinjoe

No

I’m not too vape educated really

I have a tiny clue what all you guys are talking about but at the same time need to search certain words or products to know what your talking about

I was going to pull trigger on one of the indeed hemp ones (links above) but no one really told me what to do

I’m never smoked eCigs so lack a lot of the base knowledge I guess.

Is the pen your talking about a atomizer ?

Smokinjoe,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Well you have 3 good flower vapes and I hear the fire fly is good with concentrates but the ff is more about flavor than huge hits.

I have a Yocan Evolve like you and enjoy the ceramic doughnut coil for flavor and the Duel quartz coils are ok.

When it comes to home use nothing beats a glass rig and quartz banger. You can buy a good inexpensive rig on DHGate, see FC thread, but they take a while to arrive.

For a portable I like the Pulsar APX with barb coil that you mentioned. For the price you can't beat the size, performance and battery life. They make 2 tanks to hold the atomizers. One has a quartz mouthpiece and the other is black metal for indestructible stealth.

I hope that help.

You can get one on ebay for under $60 just make sure the seller is local to usa and that they have good reviews and are selling authentic.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com
%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382988674437

If you get a rig or need concentrate tools this is my shop.

https://www.ebay.com/str/theroguewaxworks

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
There is nothing that will beat a rig. A small one with a good banger combined with a ruby or sapphire.
Heated with enails or a torch, both is a winner. Not to forget: the importance of a carb cap.
Most have to much airflow for me. restriction is also key for tasty low temp hits.
I can really understand to be shocked about the heavy amount of money you can spend on dabbing
utensils but again, nothing will beat a good rig set-up.
If you have to save money without TCR's and gimmicks you will be frustrated by studying forever
a puffco pen will also do it.
But rig love.

derosavapore,
Reactions: RogueGuy

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@derosavapore yes defiantly need a good carb cap and I would suggest buying banger and cap at your local shop.

I don't know why but I really don't like using a sophisticated box mod when I'm out. I think it has to do with choosing simplicity over everything when on the go.

Last edited:
RogueGuy,

shredder

For under $100 my vote is for a saionara. Lots of coil choices and you can buy kits with atomizers included from puff it up or humbolt vape tech.

I use one with ceramic coils and vape rosin in it. It's currently my vape of choice. My daily driver.

True my sic halo dish on a dnail rig hits better, but the sai goes with me without a cord. And with the ceramic coils on temperature control the taste and it stays great.

Last edited:
shredder,
Reactions: RogueGuy

Deleted Member 1643

If you have 2 or 3 months, you might consider waiting for AVS' m22. This is the follow up to their Molecule. It features a quartz bucket with an embedded heating element. High hopes for this one. There's a thread in "Upcoming" with a video of the beta version.

Deleted Member 1643,

Smokinjoe

I have the two coil yocan

I think it’s a pos. I’ve smoked a buddies bigger 4 coil, but it seems to give two or three nice hits and it’s done

I had a small closet grow, I became too obsessed it and my wife gave half my stuff away when I was at a bachelor party in Vegas.

I only smoke pre fill 510 carts and the mighty. All other vapes I sold off

I just bought VG, empty carts and terps

I am a medical patient and have a buddy who grows and makes good shatter or wax

I tried my first batch of just shatter and vg last night

Not so good.

I’d the indeed stuff what I want?

The pulsar? The Saroni??

Smokinjoe,
Reactions: shredder

Smokinjoe

Also should mention I am a new dad

That’s why my grow went, she got pissed when she was 5 months preg and I was like partying in Vegas

She gets even, she broke a bubbler that I had since I was 17 when I ruined her b day

Not the flowers and I’m sorry type

So stealth is key

I don’t want to have to hide smoking a rig, but for what I’m looking for hit wise it’s beginning to look like I’m going to be it

Smokinjoe,

shredder

Also should mention I am a new dad

That’s why my grow went, she got pissed when she was 5 months preg and I was like partying in Vegas

She gets even, she broke a bubbler that I had since I was 17 when I ruined her b day

Not the flowers and I’m sorry type

So stealth is key

I don’t want to have to hide smoking a rig, but for what I’m looking for hit wise it’s beginning to look like I’m going to be it

My sympathies.

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
Yes rogueguy, simplicity.
Depends also on your concentrates. Some are hard to handle in public.
I like the SAI, can hit very hard, is extrem potable and stealth. Could be just my fault
but I feel like wasting some trates, that ring of overheated resin... I guess it is because
of no directional bubble cap. For sure, they was one of the best inventions for dabbing.
The SAI has a well made cap within itself, I like the design, if only there is a way to make
it directional... anyway, the SAI is a good choice.

derosavapore,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My sympathies.

No shit. Dude, she needs to get high.

So I have done a similar search as the OP and I'm kinda in a similar holding pattern.

In fact, there seem to be two imperfect sciences right now and I'm waiting on someone to catch us the fuck up. First, the cannabis engineers need to get cracking and either develop a safe solvent to cut rosin so it can be used in a ccell-like cart, or get to making a cart that can handle un-winterized rosin. And hurry the fuck up guys.

Second, a portable quartz bucket that's light, compact and easy to use. I tried the Sai with the pico and it was like trying to program a Commodore 64. There are many who can figure that stuff out, I cannot.

For portable concentrate hits, I still like my Fury 2. I smear some wax or rosin on a piece of cotton and put that in one of the Fury glass attachments, usually the wpa and go to town. If you mash up the cotton with a toothpick after the first hit, and have it set around 400F, you get some tasty, cloudy hits. .. and even better with a J hook or a small bubbler. For stealth, you can put the cotton in a dosing cap with the original mp or probably right in the chamber. The cotton keeps the oil contained, but I'd swab after each use.

BabyFacedFinster,

Smokinjoe

See even with the fury you mentioned, you have to mash up cotton between hits??

No one thinks a box mod type with a atomizer is a good choice?

I have a mighty, I’ll spend the money.....just want to make sure what I’m buying is a nice piece

Next I getting some 0% ecig juice and MCT-8 to dilute with too.

I can get good street shatter for 20/g. So making a g of that become 2, 1000mg carts.....that are clean n potent my best option.

The misses has put up with a good bit of smoking nonsense, 13 months of a grow n now isn’t one to bargain with

Nutty to say the least

The mighty is kind of a waste of a concentrate vape. You can mix it tid bits with flower or go mesh route and clog the fuck out of the top of it

Either or, ehh

Smokinjoe,

shredder

Yes rogueguy, simplicity.
Depends also on your concentrates. Some are hard to handle in public.
I like the SAI, can hit very hard, is extrem potable and stealth. Could be just my fault
but I feel like wasting some trates, that ring of overheated resin... I guess it is because
of no directional bubble cap. For sure, they was one of the best inventions for dabbing.
The SAI has a well made cap within itself, I like the design, if only there is a way to make
it directional... anyway, the SAI is a good choice.

Before you give up on it, try a donut coil by itself. There should be one under the bucket. Try 280F and 28w in temperature control. I felt pretty much the same way using buckets, but then I tried a donut coil and loved it. Since then I've bought a couple five packs of donuts and another sai.

See even with the fury you mentioned, you have to mash up cotton between hits??

No one thinks a box mod type with a atomizer is a good choice?

I have a mighty, I’ll spend the money.....just want to make sure what I’m buying is a nice piece

Next I getting some 0% ecig juice and MCT-8 to dilute with too.

I can get good street shatter for 20/g. So making a g of that become 2, 1000mg carts.....that are clean n potent my best option.

The misses has put up with a good bit of smoking nonsense, 13 months of a grow n now isn’t one to bargain with

Nutty to say the least

The mighty is kind of a waste of a concentrate vape. You can mix it tid bits with flower or go mesh route and clog the fuck out of the top of it

Either or, ehh

I think an atomizer on a box mod is a good idea.

It took me a while to get my sai to fit my style, but now I love it. I agree concentrates taste nice in a mighty but it gets gunked up faster and it wastes some concentrate. I should mention I do waste a little in my sai as well. I clean it when the taste fades, but then I grow/squeeze my own.

The saionara isn't perfect for a portable concentrate vape, but it's the best I've used so far. I'm more into low temp vaping and vaping for flavor, so that's why I like the ceramic donuts. Using the buckets, I got extreamly high, so there's that, but I never got great taste that lasted very long.

If my dnail sic halo was a 9.5, for taste, I'd give my sai a 8.5.

shredder,
Top Bottom