Watercure - A journey from schwag to 'not bad'?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Interesting findings and observations thus far...

The water has lightened considerably. The first couple of days it stunk and the water was that deep shade of brown at changing. FFWD to day 5 and its much lighter but still a tinge of tan to it. I pulled a couple of buds, sandwiched them inbetween java filters and taped em to a fan. They dried very nicely and are nice and crispy dry (which makes it easier to crush)

The color is much darker and the smell is almost nonexistant. The mexi-brick initially had that 'schwag' almost manurey/faint ammonia smell and you could definitely taste it especially in something like the SV. Now that smell taste is all but gone and Im not gagging from huge hits on the SV. This could also be attributed to the fact that my vapor also seems much thinner now. (I may have to test this further) but from what I saw on my Zap and SV - your vapor hits are much smaller (visually) The stone is very nice. I think 20 or so minutes in now and Im getting more and more spacey. Yep... Im starting to space.

2 more days til the rest of the batch comes out on sched but thus far I think Ive gotta call this a success so far. I took weed that (IMO) tasted like ass (even in the vape) and I made it into halfway enjoyable stash. I would suggest using a variable/higher temp vape IF you plan to vape it. Your vapor will be thinner and it tasted kind of like eggrolls when it was done (as opposed to burned popcorn)

I think I must be pretty stoned, Ive rambled and incoherently spaced my paragraphs (more than usual)
Christ, this might have made my schwag better than I anticipated... Think I need pics eh?
Or a clearer head? :lol:

Ill come back to this post tomorrow :p

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
bcleez said:
Are you sure its not a placebo effect?
That Im not too sure without further testing. I CAN say for sure that for the first time in a long time I havent wanted to go back for round two before heading to bed.

Placebo or not - I was pretty trashed last night.
More 'research' to follow here soon.

I also gave a couple of buds to a buddy of mine who almost exclusively smokes - Ill get his opinion as well.

AGBeer,

Beezleb

Look forward to it.

I generally go with the view point if your not sure if something is working, and your not already trashed/affected from other stuff, than its not working.

I feel you though, when I first went to Amsterdam I was a kid in a candy store flush with more money than I should have had and was on so many things I do not know what was doing what. Good times, good times!

Beezleb,

combusche

one vote for "not placebo effect". although i've never vaporized WC buds - i always smoke it - but after smoking WC buds sufficient times, i can say with much certainty that it makes the herb stronger and more cerebral. i don't know the reason for the latter effect, but it just somehow is. THAT could be placebo, although i doubt it. perhaps the water causes some kind of chemical change.

i'm smoking wc buds right this second and my laptop appears to be shrinking a little bit..

combusche,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
combusche said:
i'm smoking wc buds right this second and my laptop appears to be shrinking a little bit..
LOL

My buddy seemed to like it as well but was thown off by the lack of taste. I figure tonight the rest will get ready to dry. Cant wait til tomorrow!

AGBeer,

bcleez

Combusche - smoking is different than vaping. I would venture to say even if you WC, you are still inhaling smoke, and the effects are different. My wife and I vape 99% of the time, but if we want to get wrecked we go dirty and throw it in the bong.

My point being is that I can smoke a big blunt of brick and get nothing off it. No high, and before you accuse, one of my friends called bullshit on me and made me burn one down just to prove it. It's true.
Brick just has SUCH a low THC content.

bcleez,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
And thats fine for this experiment! Im glad to have multiple points of reference in this experiment.

I myself actually plan to combust a little bit of this (just to say I did), measure its effects and differences from how I would normally vape it. I will say, that initial testing showed more positive results from the higher temped vape (SV) which is why I give a little more merit to what Combusche is saying regarding the high.

I will do a side by side comparison as well with the before and after. So far, my initial tests proved promising, so I think there is something to this :) (Vaped, smoked, and soon to be eaten)

Seriously - IF you happen to stumble across some nasty brick (and you are less than pleased with its results) then you have nothing to lose by trying a WC on it. From what I have seen initially, It improved it DRAMATICALLY. Whats the worst that will happen? You might save yourself a headache and some hacking? :p

AGBeer,

combusche

bcleez said:
Combusche - smoking is different than vaping. I would venture to say even if you WC, you are still inhaling smoke, and the effects are different. My wife and I vape 99% of the time, but if we want to get wrecked we go dirty and throw it in the bong.

My point being is that I can smoke a big blunt of brick and get nothing off it. No high, and before you accuse, one of my friends called bullshit on me and made me burn one down just to prove it. It's true.
Brick just has SUCH a low THC content.
i know smoking is different - i actually only started vaping recently. and i have smoked enough to be able to tell whether one bud is different from the other. i have smoked buds before and after they have been watercured. i'm not speaking out of my ass - like i said, in case you missed it, i have watercured and smoked buds at least 20+ times. of course you are inhaling smoke, you are combusting. no one has ever claimed the opposite - i'm not sure why this was even brought up.

i too, can smoke a huge blunt of shwagg and be absolutely sober - this is nothing new, it's merely just a result of having too much plant compared to too little THC. which is what watercuring attempts to solve - THC cannot increase, so we do the alternate of reducing plant material via leeching out water soluble stuff in the plant. this makes the pot stronger, thus more valuable to smoke or vape.

combusche,

combusche

agbeer, one common rookie mistake: do not dump out the "ash" after smoking it - wc buds are not done until they become pure white in color. when my friend came over once to smoke bud i just watercured - after 3 hits he almost dumped it out because the color looked like what regular weed would look like after it's burned. but i stopped him in time, and we drew at least another 5-6 full hits out of it. that's one anecdote which consistently proves to me that the pot is indeed stronger - because it takes longer to finish burning - since dry plant material burns very fast, this leads me to conclude that the reason for the long duration of burning is because of a greater concentration of oily substances aka resin containing THC compared to dry plant material.

combusche,

bcleez

If you are going for more THC why not just eliminate all plant material? Duh. That is the point I am making.
If that is the goal why not make some great hash? I understand the WC. I just think there are better ways to achieve the end effect. Why smoke any plant material? That is kind of the point of the forum (anti combustion)

bcleez,

combusche

bcleez said:
If you are going for more THC why not just eliminate all plant material? Duh. That is the point I am making.
If that is the goal why not make some great hash? I understand the WC. I just think there are better ways to achieve the end effect. Why smoke any plant material? That is kind of the point of the forum (anti combustion)
the first answer you are looking for is the same answer to the question: why do some prefer hash over pot, and vice versa?

the answer to your second question is a followup to the first answer - for whatever reason people prefer pot over hash, wc buds strengthens those arguments because wc gets rid of almost everything undesired (chlorophyll, fertilizer, etc) and only a little of what is desired (THC is not removed - which is the key component which we are looking for - but the terpenes that give the buds the taste and smell - which arguably is a small component of the whole experience - are removed.)

combusche,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
for whatever reason people prefer pot over hash
i think the reason is there is no decent hash-only vaporizer (just say no to Butane) ... if i ever fall into a bucket of hash, i'm going to take the Bud Toaster in that direction.

Hippie Dickie,

the electrician

Hippie Dickie said:
for whatever reason people prefer pot over hash
i think the reason is there is no decent hash-only vaporizer (just say no to Butane)
im gonna one day take a concentrate bowl to a glass blower and have them graft an 18mm female joint onto it. then im gonna attach this to a bong and hit the shit out with the trusty extreme. am i totally missing the point or what? im not sure why noones done it yet. i suppose the extra holes around the side may fuck with the air flow, who knows

and if i ever fall into a bucket of hash im never coming out, tell you that for free.

the electrician,
Reactions: thesoloman

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Well, for the sake of science (or curiousity) we have a few more results -

I ended up setting my stash up on the fan last night. Basically sandwiched the drenched buds between two (crudely connected) coffee filters and taped it to the fan. Most of it dried very nicely, nice and crisp and brittle. VERY dark (Ill post pics tonight) and vapeable.

The weed now (of course) has no taste to it but I was still able to pull huge clouds from my SV. The high is much more noticeable than it was before the watercure, and the lack of taste eliminates that sweetish schwag taste that bugged me before. I still plan to use a portion of it in some capsules or a batch of brownies, as well as (ugh) smoke some.

Observations POST WC

-Much darker color - This struck me as odd when I dumped out my ABV as the color was almost IDENTICAL to the original buds! (I need to get a pic of this... Its kinda freaky!)

-No flavor - Good because this was shit weed

-Nice high - I can definitely tell a worthwhile improvement of what it was to what it is now. (Although higher temp vapes seem to be favored for this)

All in all, I would DEFINITELY do this again with some headache inducing schwag to make it more enjoyable. This isnt a method I would suggest running on some med grade (unless you have cheap access to a decent quantity - or grow your own) Although I would be interested to see the results of some dank to see if it could be possibly improved. (This can be done with FRESH buds too - post harvest)

Ill post some pics tonight :)

AGBeer,

justvape

Ag what do you think about water curing and then decarbing that brick? Plus decarbing it would dry it in minutes.

justvape,

StickyShisha2

I started a WC test last night, with plans to make BHO with it.

the oil from this stuff tasted like crap so i decided to WC the rest of it.

StickyShisha2,

combusche

agbeer, your observations are quite spot on with mine. i tried vaping wc buds before but noticed that it does not work well at the usual vaping temps, but with higher temps they are fine - but after multiple testing, i still think smoking WC buds is more effective than vaping them, but it's personal preference here.

regarding watercuring chronic buds, i've recently watercured some purple urkle and it was also a success - the purple became much stronger. seasoned smoker friends who came over, hit a single one-hitter bowl and was done. of course, due to the long-burning nature, the one-hitter became 2 hits for everyone but still, we're talking about the volumetric quantity here.

and for the hash/pot people: i recently purchased some cali hash, which i don't know what it's called but it's not really like hash, but more like pressed kief. they break up easily, it is the color of kief (golden-brown) and behaves like kief in that any minimal heat from your fingers will break it up and stick to your finger, as opposed to hash i bought from amsterdam which still sticks together after breaking off from the main block. anyway, i have been smoking that pressed kief out of my aromazap and no problem at all with vaporizing it. of course, once again, this is pressed kief-type hash. for the stickier, oilier hash, perhaps this may not work.

another note: my aromazap has been seasoned, so it runs at a higher temp as well. don't expect to do this efficiently with a brand new zap.

combusche,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
StickyShisha said:
I started a WC test last night, with plans to make BHO with it.

the oil from this stuff tasted like crap so i decided to WC the rest of it.
This outta be interesting. I plan to run some of my WC into capsules or some other edible. It definitely does the trick in my SV (ridiculously smooth) and I got a chance to burn some tonight with a buddy. Same result - smooth and stoney. I will say though that I am still partial to vaping it in my SV (call it a vape thing) :p And usually one pack does me quite well :)

AGBeer,

Raf007

Retailer
Don't want to be the Cano guy, but the volcano works perfectly with hash. any kind.
And i know what I'm saying, i have test it several times with several kind of hash.

Raf007,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
AG...was the high better due to the fact that you needed to vape less given the higher thc to bud ratio (in other words, could you have vaped more non cured shit weed and gotten just as good a high?

I ask this because, in my experience, shit weed sucks in vapes in general and I would rather smoke regs than vape them. But this is having never WC'd them. Would you expect WC'd good weed to be a better high afterward?

stickstones,

Tuck

So someone mentioned they watercured abv. Was this for cooking purposes?

Tuck,

combusche

it can be any purpose - smoked or cooked. the good thing about using watercured bud for cooking is that you do not need to dry it, you can dump it into your mixing bowl right after the watercuring process. of course, this assumes your recipe uses water so the water content will not affect your recipe.

stickstones: whether or not it's a better high, i think it's a personal opinion. but that of mine is that it does make it better, only because every hit is significantly stronger, thus delivering a bigger effect than if the bud was not watercured.

however, this is keeping in mind that i enjoy big, couchlocking, cerebral-blasting hits. some people will prefer a more subdued effect, and thus this will not be a pleasant experience. i made the mistake once of letting a friend who is trying cannabis for the first time hit a little bit of the watercured buds - it was too strong and he did not enjoy the experience and thus concluded that cannabis was not for him.

another thing watercured buds are good for is rolling in a spliff - the taste of watercured buds in a spliff is just phenomenal, especially when rolled with quality tobacco (which excludes most pre-packaged factory-rolled cigarettes).

combusche,
Reactions: Tamataz

RussyRoo

ive got an opportunity to get some really cheap jamaican schwag. I tried some a friend bought and its not half bad. definately gonna give this a go!

RussyRoo,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
About a year ago I picked up some of what we call 'sprayed' bud here thanks to a previously unknown wanker of a dealer. Smoked one spliff of it and the ash was all hard and wouldn't break off, just making the joint go out every 5 seconds instead.

After that one the security came in and took everything, but as we were pretty cooperative they came back 5 mins later and gave me back the weed, on the condition that I flushed it down the sink. I did so but most of it got caught in the metal lattice over the plug-hole. Took it out and put it on the radiator to dry.

Smoked it again the next morning expecting it to be shit now, but wow it got me ten times more high than it had done the previous night!

Not sure if I'd risk watercuring on kind bud, but its definitely an improvement for the lower-levels or contaminated bud if you're ever unlucky enough to get some.

wilf789,
Top Bottom