Wastefull Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi fc. I'm a new vapist, only 3 weeks into it. It's seems to me like everybodies goal is to produce huge, lung busting hit's then blowing out plumes of vapour clouds.
Now I'm new and know nothing with respect to vaping. But I do know alot about science.
To me it seems like the better way would be to slowly strip compounds from material in stages getting just enough vapour for your lungs to consume. Many smaller hits basically.
Rather than stripping most of chemicals at once which cannot all absorb in the lung. So when you exhale a huge cloud. Is that wastefull?

I have searched for answers on this and I'm sure they are on here somewhere but I jus can't find anything.

MinnBobber

To me it seems like the better way would be to slowly strip compounds from material in stages getting just enough vapour for your lungs to consume. Many smaller hits basically.
That's my feeling and approach too.
There are two schools of thought here on fc. Some do claim that taking massive cloud hits is just as efficient.
I'm a believer in avoiding massive clouds as I don't think your lungs can absorb anywhere near that much at once. Our lungs can only absorb a small fraction of oxygen that's inhaled so have to believe it's more efficient to take more small hits.

Others differ on this though

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So if I was to inhale a huge hit. Then blow the cloud back into a bag, then let my partner inhale (who doesn't get high), would she get high. How much thc is in the exhale. If it's enough to get someone else high then that is wastefull. I will try this tonight.

kellya86,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
As someone who comes from decades of combustion, bigger clouds helped me transition to vaping 100% of the time.

Now that I get vaping really works well , I like to sip the vapor flavor more often instead of chasing the huge couds.

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

I mean, I can take a pretty big cloud in and have little left when I exhale. But I can also hold hits for 30 to 45 seconds sometimes.

If I do a big cloud, it's usually an initial one in my EVO. That gets me to a high I want. Then I sip after that. Enjoy both styles! :science::science::science::science:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
When I first got my eq and stopped smoking I really struggled to take the long slow draw followed by holding it in. Especially after I just run upstairs to vape. But now 4 weeks later I seem to be able to take longer slower draws and hold it in for much longer. Maybe I'm getting healthier now.

max

Out to lunch
It's seems to me like everybodies goal is to produce huge, lung busting hit's then blowing out plumes of vapour clouds.
I see you're into sweeping generalizations. Lots of members here and you shouldn't put us all in the same box. People have different preferences and sometimes different reasons for those preferences. With big hits you know you're getting vapor because you can feel it and see it. They also get you high faster. Some vaporizer models also encourage big hits by their design. You should choose how you want to vape and choose the appropriate model for your method. Some of us choose to both sip and gulp, depending on the mood and situation, so a versatile model is therefore a good choice, or two different models to cover the bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom