Washington-based Processors...

A6 Grower

There will still be BHO in every dispensary in the state. look at cali, its been illegal to make concentrates for a while and they're still doing it all over the place

A6 Grower,

herbivore21

I think that concentrate manufacturing should be something we regulate like cars. You can do damage to yourself and those around you making oils if you are not careful, just like when driving.

Still, why do we need to ban across the board and stop patients access? Couldn't we just have a testing/licensing regime to ensure that those who use solvents only do so in a safe way?

I do agree however that solvents that are both flammable and stored under pressure need to be regulated more strictly, but even here surely we can make sure that processors know their shit safety-wise and then can be given a very cheap or free license (it is crucial that cost does not prevent patients from making their own medicine safely!).

This kind of blanket banning of kinds of extraction is just more prohibition. Why don't we take the opportunity for some real public safety regulation, harm minimization and education instead?

Prohibitions on concentrates are especially strange since to me, it makes more sense especially for medical users to be using concentrates than flowers. Anyone who has stuck some bud, hash and then shatter all from the same source material into the same vape (I used a Mighty for this experiment) can tell you that they get better effects from the concentrates and far less respiratory irritation!

Still, I think it would be good to sieze the opportunity to regulate and especially educate but not to prohibit (either by de jure or de facto routes), I see so much oil posted around FC these days which I would not touch with a ten-foot dabber! lol

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I wasn't paying any attention a few weeks before the ban. I could have gotten probably some really good prices. I don't use BHO that often I'm more into flowers.

One of the BHO processing plants is about 10 miles from where I live.

1337Dude

My dispensary told me they wouldn't be carrying any concentrates - but they certainly misled me a bit. They are now carrying solventless concentrates, like Rosin, which in some ways isn't as nice to dab but in the end it's more than good enough and at least guaranteed to be safe for consumption.

I'm really disappointed, but on the upside, my favorite dispensary noticed my interest in their hash and couldn't sell it all in time, so they gave me a nice bag of BHO ($150 worth) for free, just because I've been a long time consistent customer.

I'm not sure how I managed but I bulked up on 10+ grams with very little warning and limited funds. Plan to save it for special occasions.

P.S. I think recreational dispensaries will be able to carry BHO. I've caught word that production will switch focus towards that market and there will be a reasonably priced market for legal BHO in the not-too-distant future.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
P.S. I think recreational dispensaries will be able to carry BHO. I've caught word that production will switch focus towards that market and there will be a reasonably priced market for legal BHO in the not-too-distant future.

Reasonably priced?

Refine Seattle was a $40/g donation at dispensaries.

Now it's available for $68/half gram at I-502 stores.

That's $136/gram. With Inslee's line item veto, there are no discounts for medical patients.

I helped produced the first I-502 legal rosin in the state. I made it out of trim bin kief, and it tested at 92.2% total cannabinoids, it sold for $50-60/half gram.

I don't think any of those prices are reasonable. I won't produce anything else in that system.

1337Dude

Reasonably priced?

Refine Seattle was a $40/g donation at dispensaries.

Now it's available for $68/half gram at I-502 stores.

That's $136/gram. With Inslee's line item veto, there are no discounts for medical patients.

I helped produced the first I-502 legal rosin in the state. I made it out of trim bin kief, and it tested at 92.2% total cannabinoids, it sold for $50-60/half gram.

I don't think any of those prices are reasonable. I won't produce anything else in that system.

I'm willing to pay $40/g for decent hash. To me that's a reasonable price. It gives me an experience roughly equivalent to $40 of weed. The only way I can find find cheaper hash in the area is by less-than-reliable sources (with questionable quality).

I agree that the other prices you stated aren't reasonable. But like I said, I'm talking about the future - not the prices of the moment. I don't see what reason my dispensary would lie. The person I spoke to about it has been with the business for almost a decade. If he's confident prices are going to drop, I'm inclined to believe him.

Who the hell is going to pay $136 for a gram of hash anyways? Those prices are absurd. I love the Refine brand, but damn...

If it doesn't let up, I'll just have to keep paying $40/g for rosin - which I can I live with.

A6 Grower

BHO was removed from (nearly) every dispensary in the state on July 23rd.

https://instagram.com/p/5kvQPyIUHn/

@bretmaverick posting rcw 69.50 modifications

LOL no they werent. I can go to every shop in my city a pick up BHO. All for 20 to 40/g. This is the stupidest ban EVER. Every shop i talk to just says all the BHO they have was processed BEFORE july 23rd.... And then magically its LEGAL. The LCCB is dumb for thinking any store is gonna say, "oh ya this BHO we have was illegally processed, Heres the person who made it for us..." LMAO.

A6 Grower,

1337Dude

LOL no they werent. I can go to every shop in my city a pick up BHO. All for 20 to 40/g. This is the stupidest ban EVER. Every shop i talk to just says all the BHO they have was processed BEFORE july 23rd.... And then magically its LEGAL. The LCCB is dumb for thinking any store is gonna say, "oh ya this BHO we have was illegally processed, Heres the person who made it for us..." LMAO.

So my dispensary gave away all their unsold BHO for nothing? :p

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I just saw this is made in Oregon, I didn't know where to put it. I wanted to share. I wonder if anybody can buy this?

Cascade Botanical Redesigns Vacuum Ovens For Professional Marijuana Industry Use

Posted by Johnny Green at 7:45 AM on August 14, 2015Marijuana Business News

My best friend since kindergarten works for this company, so if you are a concentrate maker that is in the market for an oven, check them out! See more below: Cascade Botanical today announced the release of its newest TVO-2 and TVO-5 vacuum ovens, which have been designed specifically to meet the needs of professional cannabis extractors. The company also announced the availability of the new CB 2052 by Welch, an oil-free membrane vacuum pump that offers the identical performance of the Welch model 2052B-01 at a retail cost of about $1,000 less. The new ovens come standard with a

Read More

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: Joel W.
Top Bottom