Was Jabba the Hutt really a bad dude?

2 Cycle

All we hear about Jabba is he is a gangster. However, I have been analyzing the movies and I noticed a few key things that may change your opinion. Jabba provides shelter and employment for his friends. He also houses rare beasts like rancor rather than letting them die in the wild. It just doesn't seem like he will mess with you unless you cross him. Han Solo pretty much told him to eff off so he got what he deserved. Seems to me Jabba and his buddies pretty much just sit around eating frogs all day and mind their own business. Am I right?

BeardedCrow

Well he is a gangsta because a true gangsta is a gentlemen (maybe Jabba is a gentleman in his home world haha) and only conflicts with likewise people and will dine at fancy places.

BeardedCrow,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'm just happy they didn't make him a girl!

9Z8DYKOjURbx.jpg

2 Cycle

See, I think Jabba was just an alpha character. Knew what he wanted and which buttons to push. In the new Darth Vader comic, Vader force chokes Jabba out of nowhere. Then, Luke shows up in Return of the Jedi and talks crap in the throne room. Han owed him a bunch of money obviously. What a bunch of dicks! Jabba acted appropriately

crawdad

floatin
bad dudes can act appropriately, it comes down to whether or not it benefits him or not. i saw jabba's hut more like a cult commune under barbaric dictatorship than a slave dungeon, individuals have their place there but a tension always exists and your life balances on it when you enter.

2 Cycle

Look at what Vader does to Jabba in his new series. Can anyone blame Jabba for acting like he does? Check out the series by the way, there are 25 issues most are up on YouTube and awesome

Farid

I think you're confusing being a rational actor with being a decent person. You can be the worst of the worst and still be a rational actor.

Saddam Hussein is a good example. I don't know anybody who would say he was a good guy (besides a few Egyptians lol) buy I know plenty of people, myself included, who think taking him out was a terrible decision because he was a rational actor that could be negotiated with. Doesn't mean he wasn't a terrible person responsible for awful crimes.

That said I still feel awful watching the video of his execution, nobody deserves a death like that. I think that's probably how you feel watching Jabba get chocked by Vadar.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Jabba was an addict, pure and simple. It was his downfall. He hit the hookah pipe day and night. It caused him to make bad decisions, and he paid a dear price for that. He couldn't even stay awake during the thrilling Pod Race sequence in Ep. 1. The pipe cost him everything. Poor Jabba.

Top Bottom