Was I expecting too much?

yolky

Yes, there was a lot of information given by Luchiano that is straight up heresay, sorry man. You gave a lot of what sounds like facts with zero backing. Even still, I always appreciate any and all comments!

yolky,

luchiano

yolky said:
Yes, there was a lot of information given by Luchiano that is straight up heresay, sorry man. You gave a lot of what sounds like facts with zero backing. Even still, I always appreciate any and all comments!
What did I state that is heresay?. Everything you can find for yourself if you do the work to look for it. I gave you simple info on how to have a better effect than just vaporizing by itself and you still say it's heresay. The oven method of putting herb in an oven on low temperature was done in 2004 on OG and I was one of the people showing how to do it and what was done. It latered turned into being called activating thc meaning making the herb more "potent".

As far the that wikipedia link, that is the only place that shows cbn(cannabinol) vaporizing at that high a temperature. Do a google search on cbn and boiling point and you will see it is much lower than that.

All I know is stress weed(aged herb with more cbn than fresh) is good for vaporizing, herb that has been put into the oven gives more vapor at lower temperatures and more of a stone as opposed to a high than fresh or green weed so I put two and two together. If you pass up this info because you don't believe it that's on you but if you use your brain you will see there is a connection.

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/CA/cannabinol.html

CBN(cannabinol):
General

Synonyms: 6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo(b,d)pyran-1-ol, 3-amyl-1-hydroxy-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo(b,d)pyran, CBN
Use: (a component of marijuana, believed to be physiologically inactive)
Molecular formula: C21H26O2
CAS No: 521-35-7
EINECS No:

Physical data

Appearance: thin platelets
Melting point: 76 - 77 C
Boiling point: 185 C at ca 0.05 mm Hg
Vapour density:
Vapour pressure:
Density (g cm-3):
Flash point:
Explosion limits:
Autoignition temperature:
Water solubility:

Stability

Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.

Toxicology

Not hazardous according to Directive 67/548/EEC.

Toxicity data
(The meaning of any toxicological abbreviations which appear in this section is given here.)
IVN-RBT LDLO 126 mg kg-1

Risk phrases
(The meaning of any risk phrases which appear in this section is given here.)

CBN & THE IMMUNE SYSTEM:

http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/61/2/446

Cannabinol Enhancement of Interleukin-2 (IL-2) Expression by T Cells Is Associated with an Increase in IL-2 Distal Nuclear Factor of Activated T Cell Activity

Tong-Rong Jan, Gautham K. Rao, and Norbert E. Kaminski

Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan

It has been demonstrated previously that cannabinol (CBN) differentially modulates interleukin-2 (IL-2) protein secretion by T cells with a corresponding change in extracellular signal-regulated kinase activity. The objective of the present studies was to further investigate the molecular mechanism by which CBN enhances IL-2 gene expression using the EL4 T cell line. We demonstrate here that steady-state IL-2 mRNA expression was significantly enhanced by CBN in a concentration-dependent manner in EL4 cells activated with suboptimal concentrations of phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate (2-10 nM). Concordantly, a marked increase was observed in nuclear factor of activated T cells (NF-AT) DNA binding activity to the IL-2 distal NF-AT site, but not to nuclear factor for immunoglobulin kappa chain in B cells or activator protein 1 motifs. Transient transfection of EL4 cells with a reporter gene under the control of multiple IL-2 distal NF-AT motifs exhibited increased transcriptional activity by CBN in suboptimally activated cells. In addition, the CBN-mediated enhancement of IL-2 protein secretion and the transcriptional activity of the IL-2 distal NF-AT reporter gene was abrogated by the calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor KN93, but not by the CB2 receptor antagonist SR144528. Enhancement of IL-2 was also demonstrated with CP55940, Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol, and cannabidiol, thus suggesting that the phenomenon is not unique to CBN. Collectively, these results suggest that increased IL-2 secretion by CBN is mediated through the enhancement of IL-2 gene transcription by activation of NF-AT in a CB1/CB2-independent manner.

luchiano,

yolky

Now those are the kind of references I'm talking about. Since you were so kind digging that information up, I'll take the time to read it. Thanks man!

yolky,

rayski

luchiano said:
As far the that wikipedia link, that is the only place that shows cbn(cannabinol) vaporizing at that high a temperature. Do a google search on cbn and boiling point and you will see it is much lower than that.
Even if other places show CBN vaporizing at a lower temperature, I don't think they show it to vaporize at a lower temperature than THC, as you wrote. Common knowledge seems to be that THC vaporizers at a lower temperature than CBN.

rayski,

luchiano

rayski said:
luchiano said:
Even if other places show CBN vaporizing at a lower temperature, I don't think they show it to vaporize at a lower temperature than THC, as you wrote. Common knowledge seems to be that THC vaporizers at a lower temperature than CBN.
The boiling point for thc is shown at 392f as shown on the material saftey data sheet.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/thc_data_sheet.shtml

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC. FOR EMERGENCY SOURCE INFORMATION
11 WEST 42ND STREET, 12TH FLOOR CONTACT: 1-615-366-2000
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10036
1-800-445-MSDS (1-800-445-6737) OR
1-212-789-3535
SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
CAS NUMBER: 1972-08-3
RTECS NUMBER: HP8225000
SUBSTANCE: TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL
TRADE NAMES/SYNONYMS:
6H-DIBENZO(B,D)PYRAN-1-OL, 6A,7,8,10A-TETRAHYDRO-6,6,9-TRIMETHYL-3-
PENTYL-, (6A(R)-TRANS)-;
(6A(R)-TRANS)-6A,7,8,10A-TETRAHYDRO-6,6,9-TRIMETHYL-3-PENTYL-6H-
DIBENZO(B,D)PYRAN-1-OL;
CANNABINOL, DELTA-1-TETRAHYDRO-; (L)-DELTA-1-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL;
TRANS-DELTA-9-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL; DELTA-1-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL;
DELTA-9-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL; THC; DELTA-1-THC; DELTA-9-THC; C21H30O2;
OHS23005
CHEMICAL FAMILY:
POLYCYCLIC, HETERO
MOLECULAR FORMULA: C21-H30-O2
MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 314.45
CERCLA RATINGS (SCALE 0-3): HEALTH=3 FIRE=1 REACTIVITY=0 PERSISTENCE=1
NFPA RATINGS (SCALE 0-4): HEALTH=3 FIRE=1 REACTIVITY=0
COMPONENTS AND CONTAMINANTS
COMPONENT: TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL PERCENT: 100.0
CAS# 1972-08-3
OTHER CONTAMINANTS: NONE
EXPOSURE LIMITS:
NO OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS ESTABLISHED BY OSHA, ACGIH, OR NIOSH.
PHYSICAL DATA
DESCRIPTION: SOLID. BOILING POINT: 392 F (200 C) @ 0.02 MMHG
MELTING POINT: NOT AVAILABLE SPECIFIC GRAVITY: NOT AVAILABLE
SOLUBILITY IN WATER: NOT AVAILABLE
SOLVENT SOLUBILITY: SOLUBLE IN ETHANOL.

luchiano,

rayski

luchiano said:
rayski said:
luchiano said:
The boiling point for thc is shown at 392f as shown on the material saftey data sheet.
The boiling point is not the same as the temperature at which things sublimate/vaporize. You haven't shown me something that says CBN sublimates/vaporizes at a lower temperature than THC. An early study shows that THC is produced at 185 C:http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

rayski,

tuttle

From the MSDS glossary: "Boiling point is the temperature at which a liquid changes to a gas (vapor) at normal atmospheric pressure." So having a lower boiling point is analogous to saying it has a lower vaporizing point.

tuttle,

luchiano

rayski said:
luchiano said:
rayski said:
The boiling point is not the same as the temperature at which things sublimate/vaporize. You haven't shown me something that says CBN sublimates/vaporizes at a lower temperature than THC. An early study shows that THC is produced at 185 C:http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html
tuttle explained it right.

Also, some thc will show being vaporized at a lower temperature just like some water is slowly evaporated if left out but there is still a lot of water left. The same for thc being released at a lower temperature. Some releases but at a lower rate and not very efficient.

luchiano,
Top Bottom