• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Want something new.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I like the idea of the vapcap but what about driving and stuff? It just seems like a pain to have to light it every time.

About Vapcap one handed, check out on DIY section ("ask fc" sub forum) there is a project by @Pipes and @natural farmer to create a 510 attachment to heat vapcap from an ecig mod, no lighter needed and one hand operation. Still work in progress but promising

little maggie

I haven't seen the firewood 4 but I have the firewood 3. I never use it. Actually I don't use any of my vapes other than the vapcap and Milaana. I also didn't like the capsule system even though I bought extra stems capsules.

little maggie,
Reactions: Squiby

SiDankies

I haven't seen the firewood 4 but I have the firewood 3. I never use it. Actually I don't use any of my vapes other than the vapcap and Milaana. I also didn't like the capsule system even though I bought extra stems capsules.
Other than FW only heating when it detects you are pulling, whats the big difference with the Milaana vs fw?

SiDankies,

ZC

We aren't supposed to compare vapes in these threads so I'll just say some basics.

Pretty much but the biggest difference is that the Milaana is unregulated and manual while the firewood is regulated with 4 heat settings.

This means the Milaana is harder to learn to use well but has more range.

FW4 cannot combust while the Mi can.

They're both on demand convection though and perform very well. Im finding they compliment each other well.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Other than FW only heating when it detects you are pulling, whats the big difference with the Milaana vs fw?
FW is more compact and self-contained when loaded and ready to go, thus significantly more pocketable.

FW capsules are pretty small; they can't contain as much as a Milaana stem, but they can be prepacked and swapped. I like micro doses sometimes and extract them much more easily with FW.

Milaana can produce moderately better, thicker vapor; this is where it really excels, but you have to hold/feather the button, control your draw, pay attention and adjust on the fly. And probably stir at some point.

Most of the time I prefer FW's draw sense that lets you just puff away mindlessly for predictable, reliable results.

friedrich,

dirtdragon

Over 3yrs I have purchased 13 different vapes until I bought the Mighty. Every other vape sits in the drawer now. The only downfall I see is size. It crushes every other vape by a mile in terms of clouds.

ZC

I was totally gone during that last reply and didn't realize this isn't the FW thread, so we are allowed to compare vapes here.

The Milaana is still my favorite over the FW4. The fw4 doesn't have the same power, despite using the same batteries.

The FW4 is "easier to use" in that it isn't manual and you can just mindleasly puff away, but operating it is more complex.

Hold button to turn on. Buzz. Press button 4 more times to select level 4. 4 more buzzes to confirm. Take a cold draw to turn the heater on. Now it starts heating and you can take a slow draw to get vapor. Sometimes you'll get buzzes mid draw to tell you to speed up or slow down with no indication as to which one. But once it's all going, you can puff, put it down, puff again, and have a nice session without ever pressing the button again.

Vs the Milaana, where you simply hold the button and start inhaling. Yeah, you have to learn how to control the heat manually, but it feels very natural to me and the actual operation is dead simple.

Capsule system is nicer for quick changing on the go, but it's harder to load and unload the capsules than Milaana stems.

Fit and finish of the Fw4 is miles ahead of the Milaana though. Sanded smoother, has a nice finish in it, and the little things like the battery door go a long way vs the Mi's thumb screw copper plate solution.

It's strange because while they're similar on the surface, being wooden convection vapes for similar prices, in operation they are completely different.

Last edited:

SiDankies

Over 3yrs I have purchased 13 different vapes until I bought the Mighty. Every other vape sits in the drawer now. The only downfall I see is size. It crushes every other vape by a mile in terms of clouds.

I like the idea of the Mighty. I don't like the lengthy heat up time. I don't like the non removable battery. I feel like it would be a pain to clean the CU. Idk I want something on demand but i want something simple at the same time, and reliable at that!

SiDankies,
Reactions: ZC

Radiocitysuicide

I like the idea of the Mighty. I don't like the lengthy heat up time. I don't like the non removable battery. I feel like it would be a pain to clean the CU. Idk I want something on demand but i want something simple at the same time, and reliable at that!

The CU is actually easy to clean. Easy cleaning/low maintenance is one of the reasons I bought the Mighty and it didn't disappoint. Just take apart the CU and soak in ISO for 30 min to an hour then wipe it down and put it back together. You can even use dosing capsules to keep the chamber practically new and use less material. Like you said it's not on demand and doesn't have a removable battery but besides that I can't think of much wrong with it.

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: ZC

little maggie

I was totally gone during that last reply and didn't realize this isn't the FW thread, so we are allowed to compare vapes here.

The Milaana is still my favorite over the FW4. The fw4 doesn't have the same power, despite using the same batteries.

The FW4 is "easier to use" in that it isn't manual and you can just mindleasly puff away, but operating it is more complex.

Hold button to turn on. Buzz. Press button 4 more times to select level 4. 4 more buzzes to confirm. Take a cold draw to turn the heater on. Now it starts heating and you can take a slow draw to get vapor. Sometimes you'll get buzzes mid draw to tell you to speed up or slow down with no indication as to which one. But once it's all going, you can puff, put it down, puff again, and have a nice session without ever pressing the button again.

Vs the Milaana, where you simply hold the button and start inhaling. Yeah, you have to learn how to control the heat manually, but it feels very natural to me and the actual operation is dead simple.

Capsule system is nicer for quick changing on the go, but it's harder to load and unload the capsules than Milaana stems.

Fit and finish of the Fw4 is miles ahead of the Milaana though. Sanded smoother, has a nice finish in it, and the little things like the battery door go a long way vs the Mi's thumb screw copper plate solution.

It's strange because while they're similar on the surface, being wooden convection vapes for similar prices, in operation they are completely different.
Just wondering if you've seen the new milaana's. RBT is now making versions with different wood that is stained and smooth. The original is still for sale and less money but the new ones are beautiful. I was lucky enough to get one.

little maggie,
Top Bottom