Waking up

MegaMan2k

Hey I use cannabis to combat some strong headaches that i get often as in 4-5 times a week.
As long as i maintain cannabis in my system at all times the headaches just stay away, which is fantastic

I just have this issue and wondered if anyone can relate :

I have a hard time really waking up in the morning, like my brain is just stalling-

Its not "laziness" because i do wake up at 7-8 in the morning and actually get up

Its like my brain won't boot properly, cant decide on what to eat or to eat at all, or what to do,
All my thoughts are just stuck right there

Sometimes a long hot shower followed by an ice cold shower will loosen it up and actually fix it
But often i can be stuck in that fog state for 5-6 hours

I dont want to quit cannabis because it leaves me in so much pain when i am without it.

MegaMan2k,

shredder

Hey I use cannabis to combat some strong headaches that i get often as in 4-5 times a week.
As long as i maintain cannabis in my system at all times the headaches just stay away, which is fantastic

I have a hard time really waking up in the morning, like my brain is just stalling-

Its not "laziness" because i do wake up at 7-8 in the morning and actually get up

Its like my brain won't boot properly, cant decide on what to eat or to eat at all, or what to do,
All my thoughts are just stuck right there

Sometimes a long hot shower followed by an ice cold shower will loosen it up and actually fix it
But often i can be stuck in that fog state for 5-6 hours

I dont want to quit cannabis because it leaves me in so much pain when i am without it.

Have you tried micro dosing? Most of us can get by medically with tiny amounts, even though we generally use larger amounts than needed.

And mj varieties vary wildly. There may be another variety that would suit you better. I actually vape cannatonic #4 in part to help me focus, and give me energy, even though there is little or no buzz.

MegaMan2k

Have you tried micro dosing? Most of us can get by medically with tiny amounts, even though we generally use larger amounts than needed.

And mj varieties vary wildly. There may be another variety that would suit you better. I actually vape cannatonic #4 in part to help me focus, and give me energy, even though there is little or no buzz.

I have tried micro dosing, and i like it. Trouble is that it often lets the headaches trigger since the doses is indeed so small and the amounts i have in my system is tiny while microdosing to still be able to reap an effect.
I actually just grew out cannatonic in the hope for relief towards my headache, i had some different phenos (seed pop) but sadly this variety does not ease my pain like some other varieties i have tried, most anything with kush in it helps me alot

shredder

I have tried micro dosing, and i like it. Trouble is that it often lets the headaches trigger since the doses is indeed so small and the amounts i have in my system is tiny while microdosing to still be able to reap an effect.
I actually just grew out cannatonic in the hope for relief towards my headache, i had some different phenos (seed pop) but sadly this variety does not ease my pain like some other varieties i have tried, most anything with kush in it helps me alot

Perhaps you could blend cannatonic with a variety that handles your medical problems. I find it adds an uplifting effects to whatever I mix it with.

It might take a while but I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. For me I don't care for kushes at all. The most indica dominate hybrid I use is a 50/50 sativa/indica. But my medical issues aren't yours.

Another angle worth looking into is the terpene profile of different varieties.

Deleted Member 1643

Are you sure it's the cannabis? Are you sleeping well enough to be getting sufficient rest? Do you take any other meds that can leave you feeling groggy the next day? Is your nutrition good - no deficiencies? Exercise?

If it is the cannabis, the effect could wear off with time, like other drug side-effects do.

Coffee can help with morning grogginess. (Psychiatrist actually recommended this for a prescription drug effect.) Personally, caffeine plus nicotine (vaping e-liquid) gets this brain online in no time.

MegaMan2k

Is rosin from cannatonic to be considered CBD oil?

sleep is 7-8 hours, and i take no other meds , I do exercise 3-4 times a week
if i take a break from cannabis i will have plenty energy in the morning but will end up with a headache for the rest of the day.

Sometimes i think there is a pattern to it,
like i can have weeks where i just "work" lol, and i dont think about none of it. (just wake n bake and go about my day, my whole day, with no pain, no mental block, etc)
and then suddenly back to the foggy-ness unmotivated state again for a couple of weeks

or
Maybe this has nothing to do with none of it, I was reading a thread on here about the frontal lobe development lasts untill the age 25 regarding to kids shouldn't be partaking.
i been smoking hash since i was 14 years old and im 24 now so maybe i just ruined something inside my system along the way, its like a glitch in the matrix.

Mr.Sifter

I too started consuming while my brain was still developing big structural connections.
But say that to a teenager....
If I was given a glimpse at how my life would be 10-15 years later, I think I wouldn't have started so early and would not have developed chronic abuse in my teens to early twenties.

I agree on the coffee and nicotine blast though.
I cant start a day without it.

maybe it's time again to take a break and work on my habits.
adjust things here and there.

EverythingsHazy

Check out my thread on the Vagus Nerve.

I posted a decent amount of info on my contrast shower regimen (hot and cold cycles), which are great for clearing the mind of any fog from vaping the night before, and for waking up. I even take one mid-day sometimes, and it gives a great calm energy boost for the rest of the day.

They also help you sleep, which sounds counterintuitive, but happens because the body cools down a little bit before entering sleep.

I also drink 1-2 (usually 2) servings of matcha tea every day, after my shower. It’s a nice energy and alertness/focus boost, without the jitters from coffee.

MegaMan2k

Check out my thread on the Vagus Nerve.

It sounds like we're on the same track with the cold showers and such, checking out the thread in more detail

I have been doing these cold showers for about 4 years now, and i never knew the connection to the Vagus nerve and all that, but i have been "using" its benefits nonetheless :D

Also I decided i was gonna go back and give microdosing another shot for awhile,
So i just went from dabbing 1g rosin a day to coldturkey yesterday, which my body didnt like
And i can't tell if something is seriously wrong in my stomach, i just CANT eat ANYTHING , lol.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I know that feeling man. I combat it with cold facebath. You need to awaken that diving reflex,also i heard it is good for vagus nerve.Just fill the sink or a bowl with cold water and stick your head inside. Cold shower works too but it is too much for me in the start of the day.
If this doesn help i usually use some Kanna (Sceletium) both as a tea and in my vape,it does wonders, i am not a caffeine guy,i dont really like the crash of it.Sometimes i mix my tea with Kola Nut powder for extra kick. :))

MegaMan2k

I dont wanna recommend anyone going on a coldturkey like i just did, atleast if you are going from high dosage like 1 gram or more aday of high quality hashes, to 0 mg

Could have told my self ofc, very logical indeed.

However i have kinda strong mental discipline when i set my mind to something, so i just pushed thru it xD...

C No Ego

I dont wanna recommend anyone going on a coldturkey like i just did, atleast if you are going from high dosage like 1 gram or more aday of high quality hashes, to 0 mg

Could have told my self ofc, very logical indeed.

However i have kinda strong mental discipline when i set my mind to something, so i just pushed thru it xD...
look into the cannabimimetics to titrate out your Dosage. whole black peppercorn used in conjunction with cannabinoid delivery serves to increase cannabinoid metabolism ( BCP - beta caryophylllene) , or really slow down metabolism a degree for longer activity time @ the receptors. great stuff those mimetics...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2449371/
Even alone the extra BCP and piperdine in their will be an increase in terpenoids for your endocannabinoid tone... the omega three too will add extra tone that allows better plasticity ( lipids) ... the ECS runs on those omega fatty acids
Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid

http://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

Last edited:
C No Ego,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I find a High THC/Low CBD Sativa, like Headband, combined with a cup of coffee, to be great for waking my brain up before my morning shower.
Never fails to have me bright and ready to start my day.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Squiby

lazylathe

Almost there...
Lately I have started having a bowl of Matcha tea in the mornings.
It has a similar effect to coffee but it has no spike and then drop off.
The effects are calming and clearing and gives you energy for the day without any fog!
I am also finding that it helps me to sleep better at night.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The effects are calming and clearing and gives you energy for the day without any fog!

Reminds me...I used to have a traditional mate gourd with the metal bombilla (filter-straw), like this, to drink mate with. That was a nice boost.

EverythingsHazy

Same here.

I haven’t noticed any sleep effects, though, but that’s fine by me, since I’m very sensitive to caffeine and coffee can easily keep me up through the night.

I really like the calm, clear, energy it produces during the day. It goes perfectly with vaporizing, meditating, and reading.

I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom