• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Waking up high in the middle of the night after vaping much earlier

Swan

I'm a regular cannabis user. I use a tabletop vape, leaf only, vape about the same amount every day, and have used daily for several years. I am definitely not someone who tries to get super high. I'm just trying to relax and take the edge off the day.

I recently started vaping my regular strain, Blue Dream, from a new supplier. The leaf is listed as 20% THC. A few days into this new supply, I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I was still very high. I thought I might be mistaken so I ignored it. Then it happened again, but it was mild, so I again ignored it.

About 10 days into the new supply, I wake up around midnight after going to bed at nine. I'd vaped a bag earlier around 6:30. I realized I was greening out. I became nauseous, felt like I was going to pass out, became hot, then developed chills and paranoia. Then my whole body started shaking, hard.

I got through the experience okay, but I don't understand how it happened. I vaped a moderate amount. Nearly six hours had passed since I vaped. Usually I notice the effects waning after an hour. I was not taking anything else new. I didn't drink anything. My eating pattern wasn't different. I just don't get it.

I've been afraid to vape since this happened. Is it possible for a vaping high to creep up on you so many hours later? I would understand if it was edibles, but it wasn't. Could my ability to tolerate cannabis change so profoundly? Could this strain be so different from others I've had? I would appreciate any opinions.

Swan,

Swan

Thank you for that suggestion. I wondered if there could be another substance responsible but hadn't thought of synthetic cannabinoids. I will look into that!

Swan,

Baron23

Is it possible for a vaping high to creep up on you so many hours later?

No, not at all in my experience.

I would go get a gram of another strain from another supplier, try it, and see if you have the same result.

This will help you isolate the source, I believe

Baron23,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Could my ability to tolerate cannabis change so profoundly?

Absolutely, I’ve actually been through this myself and have done a small bit of research on this, it’s fairly common and tends to come out of nowhere for regular cannabis users.

Try an internet search with the phrase “can’t handle weed anymore” and you might be surprised to see how many regular users report this happening to them.

invertedisdead,

ginolicious

I had this happen to me not being able to handle cannabis anymore. But it was thc. That I had to slow down on the heavy THC strains. Now I vape CBD daily. And when I mean daily. I usually go about 4 bowls now. I use some low thc but a 1:1 ratio. Usually 3% all around. Or higher CBD over thc.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I’ve also had this happen but only with sativas I’m quite strain sensitive and have had bud more than once that hasn’t agreed with me. Usually I can tell right away if a strain will be a problem. I’ve woken up more than once feeling very high and jittery and in a state of tension and anxiety that it feels nearly overwhelming, feeling even higher than if I’d had just vaped because I’m in such a state. It usually takes several cigarettes and a chamomile tea before I can even think about going back to bed. I can remember it happening at least 4 times in the last 5+ year’s but it’s been some time since the last time at least a year

Top Bottom