WA State signs new package of cannabis laws

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It takes states so long to implement regulations. I'm glad this is being done. I did see all the new laws coming from the legislature regarding cannabis.

People eventually may be able to grow recreationally, 6 plants. Folks won't get in trouble if someone offers you a joint and you accept it either. We legalized medical cannabis in 1998 and legal rec in 2012. People have been wanting to use healthier cannabis. Medical cannabis patients in fragile condition need to be careful what they ingest.

Maybe it took some medical patient having died from ingesting dirty cannabis. I think that was CA. Let me know if I'm wrong.

If I decide to grow myself I can get seeds and clone eventually. The state is so sloooow. They didn't think about that when they made the rules. Obviously they didn't get enough info. Folks with a medical cards can grow up to 15 plants. There was no way to get seeds and clones legally. What a bunch of morons. They didn't fix things in 2016 even though patients were very upset. Those in office are looking at the money not the consumer.

This is a different subject but you don't always get the correct THC levels stated on the jar or package. Some analytical companies have been inflating the results. People pay more for higher THC levels. Folks will look at one brand then the other and choose the higher THC levels and they may be incorrect. The legislature has put in stricter rules and more oversight of analytical testing companies. This has been an issue about the THC levels since the cannabis testing started.

It looks like legal cannabis is still evolving and folks are trying to get things better for the consumer. I hope.

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
so medical patients are still left in limbo :(

alarming bit about the labs!

looney2nz,

C No Ego

It takes states so long to implement regulations. I'm glad this is being done. I did see all the new laws coming from the legislature regarding cannabis.

People eventually may be able to grow recreationally, 6 plants. Folks won't get in trouble if someone offers you a joint and you accept it either. We legalized medical cannabis in 1998 and legal rec in 2012. People have been wanting to use healthier cannabis. Medical cannabis patients in fragile condition need to be careful what they ingest.

Maybe it took some medical patient having died from ingesting dirty cannabis. I think that was CA. Let me know if I'm wrong.

If I decide to grow myself I can get seeds and clone eventually. The state is so sloooow. They didn't think about that when they made the rules. Obviously they didn't get enough info. Folks with a medical cards can grow up to 15 plants. There was no way to get seeds and clones legally. What a bunch of morons. They didn't fix things in 2016 even though patients were very upset. Those in office are looking at the money not the consumer.

This is a different subject but you don't always get the correct THC levels stated on the jar or package. Some analytical companies have been inflating the results. People pay more for higher THC levels. Folks will look at one brand then the other and choose the higher THC levels and they may be incorrect. The legislature has put in stricter rules and more oversight of analytical testing companies. This has been an issue about the THC levels since the cannabis testing started.

It looks like legal cannabis is still evolving and folks are trying to get things better for the consumer. I hope.
hopefully the stigma around thc will drop away soon so it is not treated so restrictively and cost so much for it...

little maggie

I agree that what Washington is doing is positive. I doubt most people knew that the law forbid sharing with friends.
I did find this piece from the article amusing: Unbeknownst to most people, the law that legalized recreational pot in 2012 expressly forbids adults from sharing pot with each other, even in amounts as tiny as a gram loaded into a glass bowl.

I know we all vape different amounts but a gram would last me a week and from this sentence I would think it was just a pinch.

C No Ego

I agree that what Washington is doing is positive. I doubt most people knew that the law forbid sharing with friends.
I did find this piece from the article amusing: Unbeknownst to most people, the law that legalized recreational pot in 2012 expressly forbids adults from sharing pot with each other, even in amounts as tiny as a gram loaded into a glass bowl.

I know we all vape different amounts but a gram would last me a week and from this sentence I would think it was just a pinch.
the rule makers are the biggest Bogart-ers! don't Bogart that joint man! pass it over to.............well pass the vape instead but you know what I'm saying lol

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Yeah, I caught that also. A gram in one sitting? What do they think, that we're a bunch of stoners? We are civilized? after all.

I don't understand the State's laws around the cannabis farmer's markets and co-ops. So farmer's markets were legal and now they're not? Is this correct?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@BabyFacedFinster consumers can only buy cannabis at a state certified cannabis store. They can only sell products from state lisenced cannabis producers. There are no more cannabis farmers market. We have a very strict medical and recreational sales here. All the cannabis is labeled with a barcode from seed to sale. There are high taxes attached also.

I don't pay sales tax because I'm a medical patient but all kinds of other taxes are placed on my product before I buy.

Top Bottom