1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

VUE Vaporizer by Metavaporize: How I convinced my college to fund its design & development

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by Metaväp, May 7, 2014.

1. Metaväp

Metaväp Haiden Goggin - CEO of Metaväp Manufacturer

@Bouldorado I basically mean designing with a level of quality in mind that we will not be sacrificed. It will be what sells it and gives it the integrity it needs to rise to the top, in conjunction with the dual-use. I can't deny the fact that there will be sacrifices for the sake of cost reduction and where we get parts manufactured (hopefully in the USA) will have an effect on this. We need to check and balance these things and weigh out the most high quality device we can with the best balance of cost we can allow. I'm all about the minimum viable product, but pushing it as far as it can go.
    Egzoset likes this.
  2. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke Vaporist (v3.0)

Salutations Enchantre,

Well, looking at the offer we get from established manufacturers i'm thinking their fresh background can't hurt.

As a matter of fact the fundations may need to be shaken once in awhile...

:peace:
  3. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

sorry... my bad (I'm german) mixed up the two words. no harm ment
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    olivianewtonjohn likes this.
  4. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

don't worry Mr Weed. Your English is fine :) we understand you!
  5. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

What is the $3k supposed to cover? Is this a project that gets to a prototype only or goes further?

There is a dual oven conduction vape that just released or is about to release.
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I've merged two threads here: the information thread started by @Haiden92 and the candidate thread started by @mrweed. Apologies for any resulting confusion. Haiden92 has to register with @vtac before he can post again.
  7. Metaväp

The $3K is just supposed to cover the prototype development and research to push the idea as far as possible. Ideally, it will cover some of the initial production sample costs as well. We are being very economical, and may have the chance to pitch for more money through the same accelerate program soon. With our college having great production facilities and resources, we are able to utilize many of them and save a lot of cash by doing so.

I have seen the two dual chamber devices.. They both seem to have the same type of oven, directly next to each other. Ours will be different in that the chambers will be isolated from each other, on different sides of the device, for various reasons. One dedicated to concentrates and the other dedicated to flowers. You will be able to boost the flower usage with concentrate use simultaneously, or use each independently. We are watching what other groups are doing and being mindful of current innovations, being sure that we are addressing the right issues in the right way.
    Yoosh, mrweed, Lahey and 1 other person like this.
  8. Metaväp

Hi all! I just wanted to provide an update and give you all a chance to have a real input into our design.

We have just launched on our website, www.metavaporize.com, a survey that was built to learn as much about the negative parts of current portable vaporizers as possible.

We feel to get the best data for our design decision making, we should go to the source. You are all greatly experienced when it comes to vaping and I think you could all play a big part in the development of our device.

So please, I urge you to take part and tell your vaping friends to as well! It could mean a much better product for us all. Thank you!
    Puffers and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors