1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VRIPtech Heating Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

2. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

@PPN - your VHW and small bowl gets used daily!

Click to play YouTube Video

3. Khantagious

Khantagious Well-Known Member

I sure hope you are right! Is this based on some new insider information, or are you speculating based on previous posts here? Either way, thanks for keeping this thread alive, and hopefully the folks at Vriptech know that regardless of how much we love our 3.0, we are excited to see the new stuff!

lazylathe likes this.
  4. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

@PPN @splitz

Any info on that bowl would be appreciated!!
    Would be great to have mine back in rotation with a small bowl.

justcametomind, Alexis and PPN like this.
  5. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

I think I posted a pic but it was maybe from my old Imgur account and possibly deleted now although @splitz posted one too I think somewhere in this thread... All in all it's only a cheap combustion glass bowl which came with one of my bubblers and which was fitting the wand pretty well.

Sorry, I didn't noticed @splitz already posted but here a link of a very similar bowl in green:
    https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/5-pcs-lot-14-5mm-and-18-8mm-colored-glass/202413629.html

Happy you like it @splitz ! before to be mine wand it was in the @lazylathe hands, it's incredible how a so fragile device can go through 3 ownership without any breakage or loss in performances. I bet @lazylathe , like myself , regretted sold this vape!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    justcametomind, lazylathe and splitz like this.
  6. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

@lazylathe - best advice is to bring the VHW to your local glass/head shop and see what they have in the way of bowls to match up. It's fun to introduce the staff to the tool as well.

edited to add:

what really makes the PPN supplied bowl preform better than others I've tried:

- It's not a solid glass bowl. It is a thin walled, blown glass bowl. The thin glass has more advantageous heat up times / retention (think vapcap SS tip vs. Ti Tip heat responses) for my style of use.

- There is a single hole in the center at the bottom of the bowl. This small hole, along with the 18mm male joint allows for some serious air pressure difference / vacuum to play with. (The epicvape EV-2 OG bent stem had the same idea going. There was a taper/hole above the bowl within the stem itself to allow for serious suction to be created).

I'll try to get some better pics of the @PPN bowl up. It really does put the VHW into more of a micro-dosing mode. I see the OG vriptech bowl more suited to the heatgun concept (forcing air through), and the @PPN bowl more for the wand (sucking air through)... Concentrates in the small bowl on a bed of flowers is really something to experience as well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Alexis and lazylathe like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors