1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vriptech Heat Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Acolyte of Zinglon

Acolyte of Zinglon Wizard-Ninja

the part i linked looks like an adapter from 14.5 gong to 9.5 slide, this way you could put it on top of a diffuser downstem like youdontknowme wants to do
    plus sticking a slide in a gong kinda ruins the aesthetic, an adapter would work and look a little better, but ultimately, gong lower bowls would be best

putting a slide straight in a gong joint would look rather awkward, and the seal could be precarious because youd have to get the o ring in just the right spot of the taper, and keep it seated there or air will leak in

2. stonemonkey55

stonemonkey55 Chief Vapor Officer Manufacturer

AofZ, thanks for the clarification. Based on what you said, then you would need the piece that you had linked, and not the piece that I had linked. Obviously a down steam the GG for the VCB would be ideal and make life simpler. I'll keep pressing Mark for it, the FC forum has spoken! LOL

3. Hennessy1414

Hennessy1414 Terrorist

whatever its something for us GONG heads

4. captainwolf

captainwolf Well-Known Member

Anyone find an American company that sells the meteor gauze or something similar to it?

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Well-Known Member

Anyone else gotten to try this yet??
    I am seriously considering ordering one in a few days as a treat to myself for finishing finals.
    I think VripTech is a good company and it would be nice to get back to supporting them, and man, I can just imagine how fun this thing must be to use.
    Stone Monkey, how much of a "breakable" factor would you say there is with the piece? I am having a difficult time telling how fragile it is just by looking at pictures. Would you be afraid to transport it in suitcase of backpack?
    You should definitely talk to Mark about developing some sort of slick carrying case for it, one that also has padded places to put the VCB. That would be a huge plus. Also, while this is clearly vein of me and is not truly affecting my decision, I think VripTech should change their logo and make it cooler looking, I don't like it much at this point. It would be a really good move for the company before releasing the final version of this product onto the public.

6. stonemonkey55

Honeybeat, as far as I know, I am still the only person with a working VHW and lower intake. The glass blower is having some trouble tooling a piece to standardize the lower intake, I happen to have one of the hand blown ones that just happened to fit properly with the VHW. I know that Mark meets with the glass blower on Tuesdays so hopefully they will be ready to take orders tomorrow

As far as the breakability factor goes, I would say that it is fairly sturdy. I don't know what it's chances are if you were to drop it on concrete, but if you wrapped it in a towel and threw it in a backpack, I am pretty sure that it wouldn't break.

I don't know if you have had a chance to see the logo he uses on his Pro Water Tool but I much prefer it over the older logo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Honey Bear

I am actually a former owner of one of the Pro Water tools and I agree that the logo is much better on it! I would love for the VHW to have a slick overall appearance like the Pro WT.

8. Honey Bear

Actually, Stone Monkey, the more I think about the VHW, the more I want to see a video of you skim milking dat Pro WT. Any chance?

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect ? & beyond

Yes. I also demand a video. :p :lol:

So those are the new logos, or the old? I'm confused.... I like the top one, look shmexy. :brow:

Hopefully this guy gets these on the market before X-Mas.... it might be just in time, I bet it would be a great stocking stuffer, am I right? :D

10. stonemonkey55

Spiral, did I ever tell you I went to Alaska last year? Actually went on a cruise and got stopped off at about 5 different ports. Loved the state, loved the natural beauty. I even had a chance to hang out with some guys that raced in the Iditerod (sp?) and their dogs. It must be nice to be able to get vaked and be one with nature up there...

So the old logo is the one that is yellow and green and done in that squiggly looking font. I believe VRIPtech started in 96 or 97 (remember Cross Colors anyone?) and has used that logo ever since. The logo on the waterpipe is the newer of the two logos and the one that I prefer. Funny how Spiral and Honey Beat have varying opinions on the two logos but I think the latter picture looks a little cleaner and more up to date myself. I have been telling Mark that you have this great new product and this would be a good time to re-vamp the entire company branding. Regardless whether we get our wish or not, at least we can rest easy that performance wise, this thing kicks much arse.

I will definitely work on getting you guys a video. Even though I am a MMJ card holder in California, just want to be careful that my employers don't somehow stumble upon one of my videos by accident. Google is just down the street and the fire people left and right based on stuff they find on blogs, facebook, myspace, etc etc. Give me a day or two to work on this, I'll def post up a video worthy of the almighty VHW!

I hate starting my mornings with VHW talk, makes me want to go how and take a VRIP to get VAKED!

11. stonemonkey55

quick update - With some luck, Mark said that the first batch of VHW's should be able to ship next week. Who would have ever though the hardest part to make with the lower intake that the VHW eventually goes into. Mark wanted to get the most airtight seal possible without using a straight GonG connection. Will give another update Friday morning!

This week is looking pretty busy for me but I will shoot a nice video this weekend of the VHW is action.

12. Clear_Dome

Clear_Dome Vaporhead Glass Blower

wiiiii :) so will the vhw will use gong ?? :D

13. stonemonkey55

Cleardome, I had to edit the last response and changed the word "with" to "without" My mistake! I have asked Mark a few times to make a GonG version but based on the current dimensions, he doesn't think the GonG could support the entire weight of the VHW, you would still need to support the VHW with your hand.

While I love GonG as much as the next guy, I don't think it affects the vapor to air ratio in the same manner that a GonG affects the smoke to air ratio. If I can find a glass blower that can make the tip of VHW into a GG joint, I will definitely let you know as I would like to see if there are any performance differences. With my SSV, the performance is quite negligible between the standard and the hands free set up which is why I think Mark went with the none GonG set up for the VHW. Either way, I think you would be very pleased with the performance.

Have you still been tinkering with your heat wand? I remember seeing the post a while back but haven't heard any updates.

14. Clear_Dome

hummm ...I was talking about the a gong between the bowl and the bong not betweew the vhw and the bowl (just to be sure that we talk about the same thing ) ...I'm sure the the gong is strong enough to old a vhw cause gun heater bowl are most of the time with gong so ...anyway ... it is realy sad cause this is the only thing I dont like about the vhw ...it use a o-ring like rubber seal ...I'm sure the material use is safe but IMO it just look like the cheap ass bowl & bong from china , and god know how I hate those crappy bong :disgust: (sorry about that I know vhw is'nt cheap made but the bowl look like)

as for my heating wand I never work it back ...I bought some ceramic heater from ebay but it was'nt the same I was using and I was just not able to get them work ..I hate mess with electronic and shit like this soo I just put it on the shelf , now I work on other type of vaporizer :)

15. stonemonkey55

CD, my mistake, I understand now. I believe someone had asked the same question earlier and I think Mark said that the GonG for the lower intake the bong will def be something that he will offer in the near future. The o-ring is made of silicone, so no different than the whip material used in the hoses and is not in the vapor path, but I still see your point, GG joint > silicone o-ring. I don't want to make any promises on his behalf but I have written to him that the FC forum has spoken and people want the GG joint! LOL.

16. Clear_Dome

cool !!!! GONG IS ALWAYS KING ! super air tight , super classy , all glass and super safe ...hope to see it on the vhw !!!

:peace:

17. Acolyte of Zinglon

yes and all he would need to change is to make a lower intake with a gong joint, overall i think this is a good move, as vriptech caters to people who like glass and/or have a glass collection, so it make sense to make their product compatible with a wider range of waterpipes

18. stonemonkey55

Hey guys, here is a brief video of the VHW in action, I didn;t get a chance to edit it the way I liked but figured something is better than nothing for now. If I update the video with better angles, etc etc, I'll let yall know, hope you guys like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR6ZdxX5gkQ

19. Acolyte of Zinglon

it says "this video is unavailible"

20. SpiralArchitect

It was processing AoZ. It's online. Patience lad.

Nice video stonemonkey55, the thing looks a lot easier to use, but larger than I thought...

Boy, I sure want one!

Oh sweet. No, I don't think you did.... although you might've. If you went on a cruise you most likely stopped by my town (the capital). Yup, it's great here. Iditarod btw. Right now I get vaked and stay inside - too fucking cold. :lol:

I think I'll be purchasing 1 more vaporizer before the end of the year. Like I said, I sold my big bong for a pretty penny and I have some other glass that is up for sale here in town... I never use them!!! Sooooo, that leaves me with the choice between an SSV or this. I've been debating on an SSV to 'upgrade' from my VW, but it's just so darn pricey. :/

21. 420Downunder

420Downunder Well-Known Member

Says removed by the user

22. stonemonkey55

23. SpiralArchitect

Nice.

So the silicone is completely optional? You said it was just to protect you from burning yourself but I thought I read it also helped make a better seal.... maybe I misread.

I popped an email over to Vriptech for a price check on the wand + bowl pieces + water tool. All together I'd assume it would be about the same price as an SSV with one of their small bongs.

I also noticed their was a little LED light on it.... I don't think I noticed this before. What does it indicate? Power? Up to heat?

24. stonemonkey55

The silicone is optional and can be removed if you are gentle. It does add a nice seal with the upper intake and does slightly improve the thickness of the vapor. Not necessary and the glass work underneath is very beautiful. Even the way the intake holes are shaped, they are molded so the air enters in a horizontal pattern to get the swirling to facilitate the venturi effect. I will add a picture of the heatwand without the silicone when I get a chance.

The VHW, intake, + Pro Water tool should be about $275, (while he still has the discounted pieces) or you can skip the Pro Water tool and get whatever glass water pipe that you desire. I like the PWT due to it's size, not too big, not too small and has the ice catcher. I kinda like the scientific beaker look as well.

The led light shows when the ceramic heating element is receiving juice. You can hit it without a problem even when the light is on but obviously, you get the best hits when the light turns off. It's really no different than any other ceramic heating element except that there is a light that notifies you when the heating element is reaches the desired temperature and when it is heating back up to the optimal temperature.

25. SpiralArchitect

So, if I am reading this right, the light indicates when it is basically 'warming up', and turns off when it's up to heat?

How close to combustion have you brought your material? Would an inexperienced user maybe burn the weed? I may have asked earlier on in this thread, excuse me if I have....

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors