1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vriptech Heat Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 12, 2008.

1. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

That's a bad beginning my friend @Bvapst but don't give up, this vape is amazing when everything is perfectly settled but it need a lot of care. Where did you ordered from, please?

Bvapst likes this.
  2. babaganush

babaganush Well-Known Member

I read earlier in this thread that one would need a bowl which can fit a quarter in it for the VHW to have a good seal without the silicone (around 24mm), does this still hold true for the 3.0 version? Or can one get away with a 20mm bowl opening?

I also contacted blazemaster to inquire about a custom bowl, though Im not sure if he still makes em.

3. Bvapst

Bvapst Well-Known Member

@PPN Straight from VRIP .. Waiting for answer to send it back, want to make sure I don't have to pay as well ...
    Sure I had and still have big hope for this vape : it's cracked and still usable but seems like the crack is getting bigger, anyway he was mentioning giving me a new one for sure, then I also wonder why I should send it back, but yeah if I don't have to pay no other choice ..

4. Bvapst

Bvapst Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't have much time for review and more insight now, but I must say VRIP Customer Service was top notch !
    Got a new wand without having to send mine, the new one I got is perfect and after 2 bowls nothing bad to say ..
    I'll get back here later to write more about this vape ...

But the ones who got instagram could see some Meltshot in my stories sometime ...

Morty, babaganush and KidFated. like this.
  5. babaganush

@Bvapst Good to know their customer service is still top notch. Ill be buying mine this week if all is well with my new bubbler coming in from China, cant wait!

Bvapst likes this.
  6. duff

duff Well worn

I'll be joining this party too.
    Interesting vape that I had never heard of until the recent activity.
    Thanks to everyone that's been keeping this thread going.

Morty, Whissmu, muunch and 2 others like this.
  7. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

I only break out the vhw on special occasions or when I want to treat myself. Here’s tonight’s bowl - 3 hits. I was setting up my fave piece when I saw this little guy on the side and thought ‘why not?’ It makes good videos! So, I give you the VripTech Heat Wand versus the Magic Flight Orbiter!

Click to play YouTube Video

Morty, babaganush, lazylathe and 4 others like this.
  8. duff

duff Well worn

9. babaganush

Well, my glass from China came in (FC-Mod) and it looked great, that is until I cracked the perc on the ash catcher while trying to pull it out. :bang: Well, good thing the main piece is in tact, which means I can still use it for the VHW!

Nice clouds! I just ordered mine, so every night is going to be a special occasion with this thing. :brow:

Whissmu, duff and lazylathe like this.
  10. duff

duff Well worn

Any last minute words of wisdom?
    [​IMG]

11. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

12. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

+1

caution friend driver! the glass is delicate !! :goon:

enjoy your magic wand !! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Morty likes this.
  13. duff

duff Well worn

My first bowl after getting everything all sealed up.
    I'm going to turn it down a bit next time. The wand packs a punch.

Two weeks ago I hadn't even heard of this. Freaking nuts.

I do wish that the temp dial had clear steps on it. It's a bit of a guessing game unless you count the really tiny notches.

The stars aligned when I stumbled upon this guy.
    Click to play YouTube Video

Morty, Whissmu and mixchu69 like this.
  14. Whissmu

enjoy discovering your wand! :rofl:

Remember that the borosilicate capsule will catch more and more temperature during the first 20-25 min .. after this time you have one full wand :rockon:, my temperature wheel is usually at 75-80%

And remember even more :goon::goon::goon: that the main enemy and cause of broken is the cable, it is very easy to trumpet with it and drag the wand towards the ground

[​IMG]
    happy clouds!!

duff and Morty like this.
  15. babaganush

So I ordered my VHW on Monday and my order status has been "Pending" ever since. I have never recieved any shipping information and my bank account hasnt been charged yet. I emailed Vriptech this morning about what is going on with my order and have not received a reply yet. A little disappointed with the service so far, but I am still eager to try this thing out.

duff and lazylathe like this.
  16. duff

duff Well worn

FWIW...I placed an order with them this week also @babaganush and my order still says pending.
    No communication from them either.

Sounds like they're good guys though.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Whissmu likes this.
  17. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Nice video @duff ! Can't wait to see how you like it compared to your other favorite flavor savor. And no, I'm not talking about the Lithe. :lol:

18. babaganush

Do they not want our money? :shrug: The charge did show up on my bank account yesterday, so maybe they were waiting for that, I dont know. I'll let you know if theres any updates on my end.

19. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Why not give them a call and ask?
    Check the time difference first before calling, they are located in California.

I know that @ShadowVape spends the entire summer up in the mountains with hardly any contact with the outside world! What a life!!

Here is their number:

Morty, Whissmu, babaganush and 2 others like this.
  20. babaganush

I called and Mark from Vriptech called me back and was willing to assist me, but as I was giving him information about my order I got an email with the tracking info! He told me they are a little swamped this time of year, and also their system was being updated. @duff I think you should be getting a tracking number soon, if not you can call the number lazylathe provided (thanks @lazylathe!)

Morty, lazylathe and Whissmu like this.
  21. Whissmu

trust them :tup:!! They are very good people! :wave:

a long time ago I took a vip with them, I had a problem with the card for charging more and they guided me and helped me :clap:

babaganush likes this.
  22. duff

duff Well worn

Great communication from vrip today with tracking info.

Very helpful.

lazylathe and Whissmu like this.
  23. babaganush

I didnt get it in yet but would anyone know the best method to clean the glass on the wand? Can I just carefully dip the glass part of the vape in ISO and/or water and then scrub? Or is it recommended to unscrew the glass from the vape and then clean? Although that would probably void the warranty.

Morty likes this.
  24. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

The Glass should never get dirty at all.
    Only the silicone ring needs to be replaced, that is all the mantenance required on the wand.

If it is getting dirty you need to lift the wand before finishing your hit to prevent blow back of vapor up the wand, very water tool dependant on that though.

duff, babaganush, Morty and 1 other person like this.
  25. babaganush

What about like a first time cleaning from the manufacturing process, or is that not necessary? I usually try to do that with all my vapes/glass.

lazylathe likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors