1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vriptech Heat Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 12, 2008.

1. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Thanks Mark that is incredible news! The 2 piece sounds amazing! Perhaps a full boro 2 piece design would be way more cost effective, but it would be nice to have at least the option to upgrade to something like that, and even the quartz for $$$, if it's not completely astronomical would be appreciated by the connoisseurs that are Vriptech fam!

I'm always just so excited and intrigued by anything new you guys bring to the table! :rockon:

ataxian, lazylathe and Alexis like this.
  2. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

I do like the suggestion Mark has made about the possibility of glass reducers for the new bowls.

biohacker and lazylathe like this.
  3. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Just finished cleaning all my glass and decided to bust out the VHW!
    Apparently i own a model from Stonehenge and i LOVE IT!!

Loaded up a small bowl and after the first hit, i was wondering why i use any other vaporizer...
    The flavor is out of this world and the clouds rival way more expensive vapes!

So simple and effective!

Bvapst, Alexis and biohacker like this.
  4. lazylathe

OMG!!! Everyone who owns a wand needs to try this!

Take your WT of choice and empty it!
    Now clean it quick and shake excess water out.
    Turn it down a touch...
    Load a bowl and hit it DRY!

Flavor is even better and it hits way harder!

EDIT:
    Just emptied my RooR tube, which is an act of war in itself, and hit the VHW dry!
    Vapor is denser and comes on faster, no primer needed.
    Taste is superb and hits like a train.
    Think it will need it's own Wt though... Can't have my RooR empty, it's just not right!

duff, Bvapst, Alexis and 1 other person like this.
  5. biohacker

Hey @ShadowVape it's been a few months, too many crickets chirping in this thread, any new updates? Low temp concentrate bowl? 2 piece GonG cover? We need something to keep fuelling the stoke on! :tup:

Alexis and lazylathe like this.
  6. mnd99

mnd99 Well-Known Member

"inhaling any metal ions"

I was having a conversation with someone who owns a VHW3 and he was saying you are inhaling metal ions on pretty much all other vaporizers. I believe he was talking about aluminum ceramics and such but whatever metal ions are, it shouldn't be a problem with stainless steel, right?

Alexis likes this.
  7. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

You're talking about some crazy deep shit that I have a hard time understanding. But when Mark explained it to me he was talking about ionic polarity, not necessarily ions getting loose. Something about the polarity in glass he says makes the vapor smoother. I'm probably fucking this up...it's been a few years!

SSVUN~YAH, lazylathe and Alexis like this.
  8. Alexis

Thanks Sticks, I wanted to chime in earlier, but all I could offer was "duh...polarity?" :hmm:. That is the crucial word that Mark always emphasises. Specifically, he is firmly adamant (and I ain't calling him no liar, nor a fool), that the all glass air/vapor path has a NEUTRAL polarity, whereas other substances create a charged polarity that is more irritating to the tracheobronchial(?) tree(?)

And furthermore that this neutral polarity affects the extraction process in a positive way.
    http://www.vriptech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=HERBS

Above is a link to their website page explaining the physics of some of it all.
    I still have never tried a true all glass vapor path to see if it does alter my allergic sensitivities but I surely will. I have the Herborizer Xl, but that doesnt qualify with either ceramic, steel or both.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Bvapst, SSVUN~YAH and lazylathe like this.
  9. lazylathe

Somehow while spending 7 hours waiting for my wife's medical appointment to end, in another city, i stumbled onto this thread again! I knew i had to break out the VRIP for a session!
    also broke out an old WT from storage! BONUS!!!

VRIP was wonderful to use again although i think the New Vape Flower Pot has changed my inhaling technique considerably!
    No more burnt spots using a faster inhale, had to up the temp a bit but still awesome flavor!

Glad to have this vape to really chew the herb you are vaping!

KidFated., Likes2vape, Bvapst and 3 others like this.
  10. lazylathe

WOW!!! This thread is like a graveyard lately....

Decided to rock the VRIP today for a change of pace!
    Slightly lighter vapor but massive amounts of it that is insanely tasty!
    Think i finally figured out the right screen height and temp for my 2nd hand wand!

One final kind of mod i have done is to loop the cord through a shelf above and in front of my vape station! Keeps the cord off the desk and makes it much more user friendly!
    You can see the cord running up the wall to the right in the video.

Strain to kick off the day is Romulan! Never had it before either!
    Massive, tasty clouds with great effects!

Click to play YouTube Video

duff, Whissmu, KidFated. and 3 others like this.
  11. Alexis

Sorry you are so alone here Lazy, holding up the forte!
    To be fair though, it isn't a great stride from Herborizer Corner currently, which is a bit more surprising!:hmm::)

Likes2vape, SSVUN~YAH and lazylathe like this.
  12. lazylathe

Second night in a row that the VRIP has been plugged in first!!
    This vape is literally blowing my mind again! It's an awesome trip down memory lane!
    Only vape i have ever sold and then bought another one a while later.

It's hitting like a freight train serving the best caviar money can buy!
    The flavor and effects are awesome!

I love different vape signatures!!
    Keeps life interesting!

duff, KidFated., Alexis and 2 others like this.
  13. lazylathe

Single handed, i will resurrect this thread!! LMAO!!!
    Still enjoying the Wand immensely! I have it dialed in perfectly!
    And it seems to pair perfectly with my RooR tube!!!

Here is 0,05g of Bubba Rockstar in one delicious hit!

Whissmu, sweetherb, SSVUN~YAH and 4 others like this.
  14. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

This or the FP? :)

Whissmu likes this.
  15. lazylathe

Totally different animals!
    The Vrip is a flavor monster that pretty much beats out all my other vapes, if used correctly.
    The FP makes denser clouds and is easier to use as the VRIP has a slight learning curve.

I am, once again on a mission to go through all my old vapes and test them all out again!
    My vaping routine has changed for some reason... Massive, lung busting hits make me cough a lot these days all of a sudden...
    So i am after a slower session vape that heats up quickly.
    off to try and find Nirvana for that fleeting moment...

Alexis likes this.
  16. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

Sorry @lazylathe - didn’t see this happening!

I’ve been setting up a cloud shot room and my best hit yet was from my vrip! I couldn’t believe how tasty and thick it was, and the abv looked barely cooked.

duff, Alexis, mixchu69 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

up! up!! that hot wand !! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

in the future I will try to provide some video or photo of the white milk that my VHW create!! :leaf:

@stickstones genial efect !! :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Bvapst, lazylathe and Alexis like this.
  18. babaganush

babaganush Well-Known Member

So Ive been searching for a vape that can fit my vaping criteria for a purest like myself, and after weeks of vape research I landed on this one, and Im glad to know theres other manufacturers out there who care so much in the materials they put in their vape and working towards that 100% pure air path. Ive been reading this thread and it seems like some new parts might be in the works, but its been a while since we've had any updates. Would love to hear from ShadowVape about the possible new cover for the Heat Wand or any new items/projects coming about!

Also does anyone know if this vape is better compatible with a bubbler thats at an angle instead of verticle because of how heat rises? And does this vape come with anywhere to set the vape down? I see the glass cup accessory on the site but I'd prefer to keep the Heat Wand on its side as its suggested.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    lazylathe, Mr Rooibos and Alexis like this.
  19. biohacker

I sent @ShadowVape a message on twitter to get his knowledge back here! He's also on instagram posting frequently. Shame he's been MIA since before 4/20.

lazylathe and Alexis like this.
  20. lazylathe

As the vape stands today, it is an amazing device!
    The updated bowls etc have been talked about for a very long time with almost no updates.

@ShadowVape was last active here in April 2017, so a while ago...

As for what it pairs best with, that is personal preference!
    I have bubblers that are straight and angled, they both work very well! I do seem to prefer the straight up ones for some reason though...
    I always used the glass cup from VRIP as a stand, then i sold my first wand...
    With my 2nd wand i use a glass cup so when the vape is in the cup it is at about a 60 degree angle so the heat does not travel into the electrics, works really well.
    A glass plate or dish would also work to have it lying flat.

I would recommend buying it in this iteration as the next version could still be years away...

biohacker and Alexis like this.
  21. biohacker

Tweet responded to! Either Shadow or Mark WILL BE BACK!!! :rockon:

KidFated., lazylathe and Alexis like this.
  22. Alexis

Good on you bro fair play! Do we see the Vrip making a comeback and grabbing some headlines even amidst the rapid development of advanced modern powerhouse vaporizers?

If it is getting Lazy's approval then that says a lot in the current times. Space to watch?

And welcome back Mark @ShadowVape in advance. Hoping life is going good for you in CA and that your normally bountiful (and I'm sure AMAZING) harvest is going to plan. Hopefully you will be VERY busy soon with all that! We did ours a while ago now- one of the beauties of autoflowers- all properly cured now actually, just got the final 2 jars down to 62% two days ago. No more checking, burping etc.
    It is a lot of work, all in all but so worth it when it goes right.:nod:

KidFated., biohacker and lazylathe like this.
  23. biohacker

The Vrip is the bomb, and a connoisseur level flavour country flagship IMO. I took a break from it (actually sported a dual wand setup), for a few reasons.... it seemed to really make me sneeze (terpenes!) due to the lower temps I needed to avoid uneven roasting/hot spotting. This lighter full on convection vapour really tickles me until absurd sneezing frenzies, which I rarely experience with other vapes, including convection.

I would get uneven abv unless my temp and technique were dialed right in, and even with lower temps, I could quickly notice that the abv wouldn't brown like I wish it would, probably the result of a not perfectly straight ceramic stick heater.

The fragility and expense of the glass heater cover at this point makes this vape a tough choice for stoners that let their guard down from time to time.

I think I may need to invest in one again and giv'er another whirl!

@lazylathe has been on a Vape Signature bender lately! :lol:

Based on the photos i've seen, life is good in Vrip Country! :rockon:

KidFated., Alexis and lazylathe like this.
  24. lazylathe

That i have and i have discovered some of my older issues and found that i have learned quite a lot since last using some of these vapes!
    Some have been packed away again but the Vrip stays out.
    Flavor on my OG strains is intense!! It really brings out that Kush experience!

Chewing on some deliciously potent Bubba RockStar Kush!
    A mix of 2 of my favorite strains!!

@ShadowVape Can you tell us more about concentrate use?
    I notice in your pictures and videos, the wand is really glowing so a much higher temp is required.
    I guess i could try on some organic cotton or hemp as well!

EDIT:
    Just threw a dab of some great White Shark rosin onto a bed of Bubba RockStar....
    The flavor of the dab annihilated the flavor of the kush and produced huge clouds!!
    First hit was epic to say the least... Decided to stir to see what the rosin had done and it was gone! When i stirred the herb it was dry and the screen was clean! WOW!!
    Way more hits off the load than normal but the herbs flavor was definitely affected.
    Very nice though!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    duff, Bvapst, biohacker and 1 other person like this.
  25. Bvapst

Bvapst Well-Known Member

It should be soon for me .. Just waiting for the shipping reply :D Slowly but surely ...

Or shoult I better say : FINALLY :D because upgrading is much needed for me, I consume way to low herbs now and have access to much better option than before ...even if xtracts are taking the win a little at the moment, my log and my portables just annoy me a little (little load) so I need something more powerful, bigger bowl and on battery for on the go and something massive and flavorful for at home : VRIP COME HERE !!! Alan takes care of me for on the go !

Funny that at the same time I was in contact for my order I was seeing new messages here after a long time not coming .. i'll try give a shout out to ShadowVape so he come say hello here.
    VRIP STILL ALIVE
    Can't wait to try it ...

Alexis and lazylathe like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors