1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vriptech Heat Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 12, 2008.

1. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

I will get to my signature in a bit and will leave it in the Ex's as well! Good history there and shows dedication going back to Vrip again!

It's all good! It works as advertised with all the bits he supplied me with and with my modification, it works even better now!
    You are disappointed?? LMAO!!! I am disappointed i did not get what he advertised! LOL!
    Anyway IMO the WT supplied is useless... The angle is so severe it is almost horizontal and quite awkward to use. It is no longer sold by vriptech.
    It is an 18mm connection, so i adjusted the length so it fits in my RooR tube. Also had to adjust the length of the Vrip bowl tube with the O-Rings on it.

I like the open air aspect of the 18mm joint size but Vrip prefers 14mm. I think you get more suction power with the smaller joint sizes and this can affect cloud density etc... IIRC...
    All of my WT's are 18mm except one, so that says something to me! LOL!
    Any WT that i have bought that had any sort of chug to it has been sold or given away or thrown out.
    I like to feel a slight restriction but it should be very easy to start the action with a gentle pull.

I remember that i did try @biohacker Pro WT and did not really care for it. Not sure if it was 14 or 18 though but i do remember it had significant draw resistance and i only tried it the once and never again during that time.

I actually do have an original wand bowl, have a look at this picture:
    [​IMG] The bowl has a round disc on the one side and is angled for left/right hand use.

I have also sent Mark an e mail requesting more info on my wand. I would like to find out more about the wire wrapped heater, the white connector and why the internal glass is clear and not sandblasted.
    Lots of question!

Once dialed into your sweet spot this vape produces some amazing vapor!
    Easily milks my 9" RooR WT!

PPN, biohacker and Alexis like this.
  2. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

Thanks very much for your thoughts. I know yourself and Biohacker have been around all the vapes and have tons more experience than I do and with different rigs, so I value your views and experience highly.
    Vriptech are so adamant about their preference for 14 mm. My natural inclination is to always go for 18 mm. I like the open airflow, and can control my pull rate.

I definitely want the wand, it just seemed a bit tricky to decide what rig I will like best. I respect Mark and co a lot as well of course, so I didnt want to just dismiss their preferances when they have all the experience and I have none.
    But what you say just adds to Biohackers reports, and this encourages me that I wont regret getting just the wand and 18mm bowl from them, and a different, less restrictive water tool.

Even the Roor 18 inch icemaster interests me a little, the Vrip crew have videod it so it gets their seal of approval, although I guess they had the 14 mm joint.

Still, it is a big piece, I may not want that as my sole and primary rig, and it will cost around £180, similar to the Vrip PerK, but closer to home.
    Or a much cheaper piece from dhgate.

Or the Blackleaf store has some great looking pieces for very good prices.
    I look forward to hearing what Mark tells you about the wand.
    You also had the new 4.2 bowl before as well I believe, which you must have thought was coming with this rig.
    Still a number of decisions for me to make but getting closer. Thanks for the insights.:tup:

Oh yeah, Im sure all modern Vrip water tools are 14 mm, so if you vuy the wand and bowl seperately, unless you get the 14 mm, then if you decide to pick up their water tools later on, you would need another bowl as well (or at least part of it if they sell them separately or not due to potential tolerance issues.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    biohacker and lazylathe like this.
  3. lazylathe

@Alexis

I would recommend getting the wand and bowl setup in whatever size most of your glass is that you own.
    With every new vape i gravitate towards testing it on my favorite WT.
    If it performs well on my big tube then it will perform well on my smaller rigs.
    I can also use it on my 14mm rigs with an 18 to 14 reducer, so really versatile!

On the other hand if you are looking at buying the whole setup from Vrip then i would most likely go with their recommendations and use the wand solely with their glass.

I can tell you i taste things in the strains i have now!
    This one strain, Jedi Kush, tastes very green on the first exhale kind of like a bad cure job?
    Then the GSC are just perfect in every sense!
    It's a vape that will show you flaws in your buds!

Alexis, biohacker and PPN like this.
  4. Alexis

Thanks. That is the thing though, I dont really have any glass. I got my large Verdamper in 2009, my first ever glass bong thing. (I got my first vaporizer in 1999 however).

Then in 2015 I switched to the Herborizer sphere after first trying the Aromed. I bought a double honeycomb dhgate bong to use the Aromed with, which never worked obviously!:hmm:
    But the bong was terrible,,even with the Herborizer. The high drag KILLED me, I hated it!

Last year I picked up the D2020 (?) and that is pretty much my total glass experience.
    I only use D2020 with the Omnivap now. With the Herborizer it is too hot on my lungs,
    I prefer the greater water volume of the xl sphere.

No experience with larger glass bongs or ice notches etc. So I can only look and guess at the Vrip tools for example.
    I think I just need to go with my gut and the 18mm bowl and a water piece with ice notches and low drag.
    No urgency though. I used my Omnivap 2 days last week, after a while of not. It messes up my hand injuries. But I was amazed at how stoned I got of so little weed. I had just been using the Herborizer for months and it was like getting stoned for the first time in a while, a really complete buzz.

I never realised how much I liked it before. And I used barely any weed. So now I have ordered a vapcap induction heater to avoid hand issues.
    The other reservation I have with the VHW is my need to ration weed supply. I bet it could be real easy to go through weed with the Vriptech because it is so enjoyable, and the 4.2 bowl has a decent capacity.

If not sooner, then when I feel confident this year's summer autos will make it in style it will be game on for sure.
    Otherwise there will be nothing for time forseeable, due to my allergies to all ferts in weed I could get.:disgust:

But to be honest, I really couldnt afford weed anyway- some serious sacrifices on the health front!

lazylathe likes this.
  5. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

The Vrip is definitly able to do microdosing very well.... if you use another bowl than the 4.2, I used a cheap bowl made for smokers and it was working very well (as well for concentrates!), maybe @splitz can share...

I miss mine ..... the new version catch my eyes but I'm still trying to resist....

lazylathe and Alexis like this.
  6. Alexis

Thanks for reminding me of that. I will have to keep that in mind and pick up a smaller bowl as well. It is always nice to have options!
    I am curious, I dont knowmif it is right to ask you this here, but I would rather it out in the open than hidden in private message:

I am interested to hear briefly sometime, how you find the expereince of the Vrio and the Herborizer Ti next to each other?

In terms of effect, smoothness, ease and enjoyment of use, satisfaction and fullness of buzz. And of course, efficiency in terms the high you getbfrom the amount of weed you put in.

There is no question the new Herbo Ti is miles leagues above the Herbo XL, but people have always compared the wand and Herborizer closely together as if in the same bracket.

So if you feel that the Vrip can compete with or even match the new Ti version, this speaks very highly of Vrip! Just curious really.

PPN likes this.
  7. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

@PPN is correct - the VHW can microdose very well. I will provide a pic of said microdosing bowl when home from work tonight. I've actually put away all other desktops with the exception of the RoorXL and VHW/VripBub...

PPN, Alexis and lazylathe like this.
  8. Alexis

What I would be really keen to know however- if you had the new Ti Herborizer, would you put them BOTH away? Obviously you cant answer that. @PPN is the only man I know right now who may be able to comment.

But his expressions imply that he would still be very happy using the VHW alongside the Ti model.

PPN likes this.
  9. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the aesthetics of Ti Herbo. Strictly a flower man myself, so the concentrate functionality would be lost on me... I prefer the delicacy of my all-glass units. VHW teamed with Roor bubbler is ridiculous.

10. lazylathe

I have to agree with you here man!!
    The VHW works flawlessly with the big RooR tube!

One thing i have discovered with the VHW though is this:
    If you are looking for the BEST flavor around, use a sparkling clean water tool every time!
    It makes a HUGE difference!

biohacker and Alexis like this.
  11. Alexis

I really am itching to get the wand direct from Vriptech. I just slapped a basket together to tease myself and see what the total is. Shipping is pretty high though at $69.

So for the VHW and bowl kit, plus 2 packs glass screens, 2 packs silicone tip seals, and the glass stand (not essential I know), with shipping, totals- $368.

That is without customs on top, which may not be the full rate depending on declared value. Ideally I would hope to avoid customs altogether, as I will still need a good water tool as well.

Can any UK Vrip owners please chime in? What was your experience with customs? Did you have to pay customs at all, it can sometimes be avoided;), but I have never ordered from Vrip so it would help to know what to expect.

strictly vapor likes this.
  12. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

FWIW, on my last order from Mark I was charged $36USD at checkout (>$200 purchase of goods) for shipping. My package arrived with $15.60 shipping sticker, however, the declared gift value was $75... not sure if I saved money on customs/taxes with the CAD money difference.

Alexis and lazylathe like this.
  13. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

About the Vrip/Herborizer Ti comparison....hmmm about taste the Vrip is definitly the winner but for clouds you can go a step further with the Herborizer Ti since you can add a slight amount a conduction with a plus or less short heat soak.
    Although if you are sensitive about throat irritation you might to remenber all this terpènes induces a sort of "rush"(thanks to @biohacker for this word) which can induces coughing especially for the first and second hits.

Concentrates vaping is a bit more difficult (but doable without any doubt) using the vrip since it's full convection, the possible added conduction of the Herbo Ti can helps here.
    And the Vrip is slightly more technic to handle, need to be very gentle with the wand and there is a slightly larger learning curve, the Ti is more idiot-proof. The Wand is definitly a connoisseur device, not for everybody only for the vaping geeks!

14. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

It's good to receive news!

I have a heat wand with 18 months and it although I have more vapes, the VHW is my favorite, for its taste, for its ritual, for everything that gives me with my pieces of glass! If it were not for its delicacy and that it is necessary a piece of water for work ! for my would be the perfect vape.

I'm recently Transcending from the glass to the wood .. surely Sacrifice taste for durability ... but as a favorite experience always elect the glass

Melting Pot, biohacker, PPN and 2 others like this.
  15. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Hey Mark, just curious about the future.....a VHW with a gong on the end for hands free operation and perfect seal?

Nice to see this thread picking up!

Alexis, lazylathe and Melting Pot like this.
  16. Alexis

Too right! If I get meself a Vrip in near future, I will mak sute to come here and REPRESENT!

There dont seem to be very many Vrip owners who actually visit or view this thread these days, to even shoot questions out to to get a broader market opinion, such as favorite water tools, joint size bowls, etc etc, which is a shame.

lazylathe and biohacker like this.
  17. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Especially considering this this is a CONNOISSEUR vape, like the Herborizer!

I think it has alot to do with marketing.

Alexis and lazylathe like this.
  18. lazylathe

Or lack thereof.
    I think there may be a few online places that sell Vrip stuff but not many.
    It's more of a word of mouth type of Cannasseur Vape! LOL!

Need to make a video of mine in action soon!

Alexis and biohacker like this.
  19. Alexis

You are right about that. There are VERY limited options for buying in europe. Just 2 places as far as I am aware- Alchimia and Hortitiec, both with most options out of stock.

Verdampftnochmal used to stock it, but no longer. They would be ideal for me if they did, great prices and free shipping, no customs.

But then I also do things properly, with spares (screens, tip seals etc), so I would kind of have to go to Vrip no matter what.
    If only shipping and customs was not so much extra that is all!

lazylathe likes this.
  20. lazylathe

I recently shipped a vaporizer to the UK and valued it at $100 CAD and the guy paid no duties at all.
    May be an option to talk to Mark about?
    Shipping unfortunately was quite expensive and there is no way to get around that aspect...

Alexis likes this.
  21. Alexis

It sounds like he might have got lucky, I believe it does happen sometimes. To be sure though, the declared value needs to be below £15.
    Many people do this, Im not sure if Vriptech do however, but I know they take steps to ensure we arent hit with the full whack which is still appreciated.

Regarding the shipping cost, I was just surprised it was so high at $68. I thought about $35 was standard or even less with some companies.

lazylathe likes this.
  22. lazylathe

That is what i recently paid to ship to the UK, $63,68 with tracking and insurance.
    It's the same for us Canadians that are interested in the Herborizer from France...
    We even get charged a usual $30 to ship from the US and that is right next door...

#firstworldproblems for sure!

Alexis likes this.
  23. Alexis

Thanks for the info. It must be that certain larger companies have a deal with the couriers or something, like the essential oils I get from the US- shipping is only $24.50.

lazylathe likes this.
  24. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Shipping from france to Canada/USA is habitually around 25€ without insurance and 27€ with a 200€ insurance, a lot cheaper than the 63.68CAD (around 50€) you speak about... although shipping delay is 1-2 weeks.

25. Alexis

When I bought the Supreme 3 vaporizer from Ed G, shipping to UK was only $35.
    But as you have just possibly revealed, the shipping cost may depend on the value of the insurance.

My Vrip order is over $300, so I dont know if it may be cheaper shipping witn a smaller order total.
    However, @lazylathe 's vape he shipped was not insured for that much, so I guess that doednt explain it.

lazylathe likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors