1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vriptech Heat Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Yoosh

Yoosh Well-Known Member

You can also use an LSV Wpa if you wanna save some cash.

BD9, SSVUN~YAH and ataxian like this.
  2. Reijuojuejiavohykuij

Reijuojuejiavohykuij '_.|-:_':'||-_'.:|:-'.---

Is the heating element okay if the light only turns on when the dial is set low? It gets hot but then when the dial is turned up the light flickers and stops. Is that normal?

3. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

flickering means it is heating up and stabilizing. The light should be on at both low and high temps.

4. Reijuojuejiavohykuij

Reijuojuejiavohykuij '_.|-:_':'||-_'.:|:-'.---

Thanks for the reply man. So that sounds bad then? That the light stops when the dial is turned up.

5. ShadowVape

ShadowVape Vrip CSR Manufacturer

Thanks family for holding the forum down always a blessing to have the love of knowledge shared! I'm wrapping up another epic grow season top of the world Santa Cruz mountains so will be around more through the winter and pick back up on some R&D projects that where paused this summer.

I need to fall on my "vaporware" sword a little bit we scrapped our protonail insert plans because after so many prototypes just not working better than just simply putting a dab on some cotton or hemp fiber or glass wool in the regular bowl it didn't seem to make any sense...the level of precision to get the tight tolerances we need to actually get the melty melty to condense the way we all want just isn't sustainable in a production environment.

But just when I thought glass wool was as good as Vripping concentrates would get I got an email from a client who was very, very excited to share what he had discovered: he could use the VHW as a heated carb cap on his 20mm bucket and it allowed him to dab at around a 100F lower temperature and still get the same or similar melt rate. Low Temp Dabs....yeah I thought that was the fucking coolest concept I'd heard in awhile so started playing with it and I'll be damned if I can't get a "flash" vaporization process started and maintained at 470-520F using an enail or a torch to a 20mm bucket or banger with the VHW seated on top after the dab dropped giving a vortexing heated vacuum even with a half ass seal at best....sooooooo I've now moved on and evaluated the three top US made enails and a handful of the top US made quartz buckets and bangers and have a whole new approach to low temp flash vaporization of concentrates coming along folks...call it the "two plug dab" as Jason King does (I recently demo'd the concept to him while he was on layover in SF on his way home to Maui --- the only guy perhaps more of a flavor snob than I actually loved it) or as I prefer simply call it: low temp dabs.

Quartz fabrication of a new prototype that could be torched or would be compatible with most 20mm ecoils and will enable a perfect seal is now underway. That said, if you already have a VHW and also take dabs with an enail or a standard torched bucket or banger that is of the common 20mm size you may be able to fake it with even an imperfect seal. Why didn't I think of that sooner? Probably because I mostly just melt my flowers and want to taste at least 2-3 Vrips a session I can't last long enough with oils! All the R&D has been driving my tolerances up.

Reijuojuejiavohykuij if your red light is turning off while the wand is at full heat and not coming back on something is wrong for sure...please send it in for repair first send info@vriptech.com a message and sort with ShadowVape if it is under warranty (one year) or a paid repair ($30). If it cycles back on then off then on at a slower or faster rate depending upon ambient temp and usage rate and is glowing orange and getting plenty hot than that is normal...the red light just indicates that it's cycled on --- perfectly normal as StickStones pointed out to cycle on and off during usage once it is heated all the way up. If it stays on solid after being heated up (normal to be solid while heating up) you're running it really hot (hybrid smoke/vapor temps) and it's cold in the room or you've got a thermo couple problem that should be solved with an element replacement service.

Bvapst, jim-bob and PPN like this.
  6. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Sad day, I packaged my Vrip and sent it to another good home!

It is one of the better vape I ever experienced but since my child and my job I wasn't able to use it enough. I still recommand it as the best flavorfull heavy hitter, definitly a beast!

I got it from a Canadian member and he is going back to another Canadian member, the circle is closed!

7. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

@PPN

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did before I sent it to live with you! I still miss it every now and then!
    A truly great vape with amazing flavor!
    Even a vape has a circle of life! Lol!

8. biohacker

biohacker Well-Known Member

I'm with you @lazylathe I miss it like crazy, like some of our other nostalgic vapes that have moved on. The good thing is (and you know how experienced I am lazylathe!) is that when it does come back into your life, it's like a brand new vape all over again!

I'll own the VHW again soon one day, I put it up there with all the other connoisseur level vapes like the Herborizer!

Vriptech is also the coolest company i've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, both Mark and Shadowvape completely kick ass! Best support i've ever received from a company......

I just wish this vape wasn't so underrated and this community was a bit more buzzing!

Looking forward to that new VHW that is more robust! Mark is that project still moving forward? Prototype?

Bvapst, lazylathe, Alexis and 2 others like this.
  9. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

Ooooh the anticipation! It's going to a good home @PPN and @lazylathe you are more than welcome to stop by for a reunion visit.

justcametomind, Bvapst, PPN and 5 others like this.
  10. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

Mine's never going anywhere! Even with the Evo, Herborizer, Herbie, MV and a bunch of others, I still need my VHW for those special 'me' times! It's gonna get foggy in splitzville!

Bvapst, PPN, lazylathe and 3 others like this.
  11. Bvapst

Bvapst Well-Known Member

Ooh..congrats @splitz : don't be shy to post some video... I know it's my next one so it will make for my anticipation :). I need some vape on that shelf (high end shelf) which looks desertic but I can't spend that much right now ! Next one for sure !

justcametomind and PPN like this.
  12. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

I have officially switched to team VripTech.

What an amazingly unique vaporization tool. I currently have the VHW paired with the 18mm VCB into the Bub beaker/downstem combo. The VripTech engineered glass offers a most noticeable synergistic vaporization experience. I'm hooked.

I love the form factor of the beaker in my hand and the thin connoisseur-like sipping mouthpiece. The addition of an OGB mouthpiece is equally as nice. Coming from a non-combustion background, I 'm not on the hunt to replace any lung-busting voluminous pulls through an iced piece. I appreciate sipping, tasting, indulging, and experiencing my floral investment. The beaker itself is a preferred size and adjustable enough to accommodate a variety of handheld configurations. I value this immensely as I suffer from "gamekeeper's thumb" - an old injury that has never been repaired - great for party tricks but poor for glass holding.

Heat control with the VHW is on point and very accurate. The newer black seal is preferred. Heat up time is non-existant as I leave it on lowest setting while away.

My wallet wishes I had come to team Vriptech earlier in my VAS experience. However, with that said, I don't think I would have appreciated to the same degree had I not cut my teeth on many (now displaced) hard working friends:

PAX1
    Epicvape EV-2 (x3 of them each one tuned to a different heat/purpose)
    Alfa Goboof (best tasting portable to date)
    Milaana - over hyped
    Ti Grasshopper (cop lights after 89 days - in for repair)
    Aromed 4.0 (with recreation bowl)

The only unit I did not include in my list is the Vapman. I use multiple Vapman with the SS screen exclusively for hashish. I have yet to find a comparable controlled setup.

Go team VripTech!

13. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Happy you love it!

I decided to let it to go cause my new (and expensive) Herborizer Ti..although I need to confess the Vrip was maybe slightly better in term of taste....

When money will be not an issue anymore I'll buy another wand!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors