1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vriptech Heat Wand

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Shabang

Shabang Active Member

I'm trying to decide on what to buy for my wand. I've had the same water pipe for over a year now and I'd like to get a new bub or perhaps a smaller water pipe than the 14 incher I'm currently using. I'm getting a little too winded while not getting enough vapor so I need something smaller. I'm thinking about going with the vriptech water tool pro or maybe the bub. Can anybody recommend something online? Now would be a good time to purchase since most sites have a 15% off discount or something since it's Christmas time.
  2. ShadowVape

ShadowVape Vrip CSR Manufacturer

What up Shabang??? Smaller volume pieces or pieces you can load up with ice to reduce the volume are always easier to milk clean blue vapor from --- if you want one that is good for easy pulls and/or sipping the vapors check the VWT BuB or check one of our HiSi partner's pieces the hex stemless bubbler here it is on youtube:

We just did a video with this piece and the Vrip VHW and VCBS_18.8mm and was about to post I'll put the link up here when it goes up. It works well with the Vrip though and milks up super quick and easy.
  3. ShadowVape

Check it family just uploaded the Vrip VHW w/ VCBS_18.8mm and HiSi Stemless Hex Bubbler Video for your viewing pleasure:

It's a really nice set up for Vrips without needing to prime a full size tube, but that still conveys a great moisture conditioning thanks to the micro diffusion.

Enjoy Vrip...:D
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  4. InAvaporCloud

InAvaporCloud New Member

HI Shadowvape,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, being that Im new to this site. I had a question about an order for a heating element replacement that I sent out back in November before Thanksgiving. I tried to send Mark an email, but I may have the wrong address because I received a failed delivery message. I know Mark is on here under Shadowvape as well, so I was hoping I could have some help getting sorted out. Hope you all had a Happy Holidaze!!!
  5. ShadowVape

Yeah for sure inAvaporcloud and always a good idea for everyone to CC info@vriptech.com when emailing Mark direct so I can make sure that you get a response even if he is out of pocket --- redundancy always good because our email gets slammed often especially during the holidaze! Mark usually does a weekly and monthly sweep and makes sure I got everyone dialed if he didn't handle himself but always fastest if I get copied first round. BEST thing to do is email me with the info and I'll check with Mark and/or The tech who does the repairs to make sure we get you sorted or it's already on its way back --- info@vriptech.com. Also, if you placed an order directly with Vriptech the phone number that will show on your billing statement is Mark's direct mobile number and he's very good at responding to text or voicemails often faster than email. Sorry for any lag or missed communications if that ends up being the case I'll keep an eye out for your email today make sure to mention your FC username so I connect the dots. I'm warming up the wand for some am Cheezecake Haze so will be amped and on it!
    Kief likes this.
  6. InAvaporCloud

InAvaporCloud New Member

Thank you so much for the reply. I know things must get crazy, especially this time of year. I'm really looking forward to getting back to flavor country, like you guys say. Ill dig up the order info and shoot you an email over to info@vriptech.com. I did order directly form Vriptech.com if that makes sorting me out any easier. I hope you enjoyed that Cheesecake!! Ill be patiently waiting in the combustion stone age, , awaiting my wands arrival. Have a great NYE!!
  7. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Just want to thank Mark and ShadowVape for helping me with my low temp VHW. I followed the directions you gave me by email and it was a very simple and quick thing to do.

Judging from the length of the email one would think it wasn't but it was just thourough, which i appreciate. :)

I just tried my VHW, again, in the VCB and i left my ABV dark brown, just like i want it. What a treat. :D

The all glass airpath full convection extraction really makes a difference when you go high temp, great taste from beggining to end. Mnham. :D

FYI, i used it dry in my bong. I found out recently my Ehle tube is a very good substitute to a sherlock. :)
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    ShadowVape likes this.
  8. Shabang

Shabang Active Member

I want to tell you guys about my customer service experience. I sent my wand in about 5 months ago for a heating element replacement. It Took a few weeks for the wand to get back to me as there was a mix up or something. Fast forward to about a week ago when my heating element started to act up (It would glow orange hot for no reason and w/out warning). If I moved the dial up or down it would either get really hot or do nothing, basically the heat was being unpredictable. I emailed mark and told him what was going on and I also told him I did not want to be w/out my wand for almost a month again like the first time (im in cali and so is vriptech so turn around time should have been a lot faster than 3 -4 weeks the first time) and this is where vriptech's customer service really shines! Mark offered to ship me out one of their demo units before I even shipped mine so that I wouldn't have to be w/out my wand at all! I mean, what more could I have asked for? He trusted me with shipping back a wand so I didn't have to go w/out since my first experience left me w/out one for about a month (was torture). I received the wand he sent me and I then shipped back mine and the only thing I had to pay for was a few bucks to ship my wand back. Worked out perfectly and he also threw in some regular screens and a couple of the glass screens. I tried to offer payment for the screens but he wouldn't take it. Fast forward another few days. I was having another heating problem with the demo wand he had just sent me. The red light would not stay on causing the wand to only go up to a certain temp. (was not hot enough). I emailed mark and told him the issue and he said he'd walk me through step by step over the phone on how I can adjust the heat by opening up the wand. We did this and it did't seem to help because the light won't stay on long enough to heat up the unit to the desired temp so he is sending me out another wand! Customer service with him has been great and this is exactly the type of service that keeps me loyal to vriptech. Mark really cares about his customers, you can tell by how far he is willing to go to make you happy. Great experience and hopefully I will have my new wand in the next few days. Will post once I get it.

I still need a new waterpipe, shadow vape.. Nice vids, I'm seriously thinking about a bub. I've been using my current 14 incher for almost 2 years so I'm not sure how I"ll like milking a bub or how weird it will feel..maybe for the better?...anymore insight? I'd rather not spend $200 or more on a bub unless I know for sure I like using the wand with one. I don't think I've ever tried that yet. The bub vriptech has on its website looks like it's a bit more friendly in price considering I have no clue if I'm going to like it or not. Do you guys have the vhw bub at any other internet retailers?

My vcb needs a good cleaning. What is recommended? soak it in alcohol over night?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    MikRoOrganix and Kief like this.
  9. InAvaporCloud

InAvaporCloud New Member

Shabang, I use 91% alcohol and rice/salt for an abrasive. Put it in a zip lock baggy, fill it enough to submerge the glass and shake shake shake. Just be carefull not to drop it obviously. After its nice and clean I rinse with water, not too hot or too cold, deff don't change temps whir cleaning. I then refill the baggy with white distilled vinegar and shake shake shake. This helps remove any residue left over from the alcohol, salt/ or rice. Plus it leaves it sparkling clean. I then finish by rinsing completely with water and drying it out. Hope that helps!

Let me end with a more on customer service. Even on NYE the vrip staff/ shadowvape, took the time to get me sorted out and I will hopefully be receiving my wand shortly! Thanks Vrip, happy NYE!!
  10. Shabang

Shabang Active Member

Update : Got my second replacement wand from mark after sending back the first one since it was defective and this one is working like a champ! Has a perfect orang glow to it, and the red light stays lit up constantly. Everything seems to be working great. I now have full control over the heat again. I am very happy as it's been a few weeks since I've had full control, stooooked~! :D

Inavaporcloud : thanks for that, I will give it a shot in the coming days when I have some free time.
    Kief likes this.
  11. ShadowVape

Happy New Now Vrip Family!!! Thanks for all the support and kind words. We're looking forward to sharing some evolutions upcoming in 2014: refreshed website in the works, finally getting the next version of the VHW and VCBS into production, more videos, and a concentrate insert for the bowl that is easier and friendlier than the reducer ring and beads. Stay posted…. a couple of other evolutions I'm not allowed to go public with just yet too!

Was talking to Mark on New Years and he was tripping on how 2014 will be 17 years of vapor ware business for Vrip! Talk about ahead of the curve… so stoked to be the Shadow as Mark is more busy with his white collar gig than in the past so he has even tasked me with more of the R&D which I promise you is his favorite part of the job after reading emails telling us how much the system has changed lives for the better and/or restored faith in vapor as a delivery medium. We where talking about the beginning of the industry and how he would literally reach out to some of the pioneers and make suggestions to improve their devices because he was worried people wouldn't get the best impression of vapor and abandon the delivery method due to device short comings. Vrip even made a glass spacer to insert in one of the early popular device's "herb pod" to improve flavor and performance! The manufacturer didn't want to sell it so Vrip did even though it wasn't for a Vrip was literally a few bucks. The philosophy here will remain the same: turn people onto better quality vapor even if it is by helping them improve the performance (read: flavor and condensation) of another company's system they have already invested in and the ethos of Vrip prevails. We're always willing to talk vapor shop even if it's questions not specifically related to our product line.

Please don't hesitate to post here or hit me up at info@vriptech.com with ideas, feedback or, of course, problems needing solving I'm on it and as some of you know well Mark always priortizes customer satisifaction even if it takes a few rounds and/or means Vrip investing to see it through.

Oh and Shabang didn't catch your inquiry on the BuB from the previous post --- the BuB is a super simple and clean set-up that milks up really fast because there is so little volume (same deal as noted in the HiSi stemless hex bubbler video which is also a real nice set up just more expensive and a bit fancier). The BuB uses the same diffuser down stem as the VWT PerK so although there aren't any diffuser discs or perk chambers in there you still get a decent diffusion and moisture conditioning. I have one in my car kit and Mark carries one in his truck kit! If I have a choice I prefer to use an iced up PerK and go all out, but when a small foot print is desired or if you don't want to prime the pull on a full size tube it's a nice cost effective way to go. If you order one put a note into me/Mark and ask for a keck clip to be included as the mouthpiece is removable and if you pick it up by it by accident the BuB body could disconnect (yup I made this mistake once….luckily no breakage and yes I'm knocking on wood). The clips are available at most shops and don't cost much, but we usually have some in the shop and will toss one in.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  12. InAvaporCloud

InAvaporCloud New Member

My wand stopped working again :(, shadowvape, can you help me out? I just got it back......
  13. ShadowVape

Shoots sorry to hear InAvaporCloud I apologize I don't rememeber all the details with your repair, but definitely just shoot me an email at info@vriptech.com with the order details and we'll get you sorted one way or another. The tech always says 2-3 element replacments are possible and after that the board won't take another desolder/resoldering so if the repair worked for a few and then failed maybe it could be that the board was on it's last legs after a couple of repairs? I know Mark will ask to have you check the ground on the outlet you use because that can cause premature failures, but assuming that is all good then we can either sort a no cost warranty repair or a Bro/Sis-Form deal or if it's a newer heater that has failed and been fixed and failed again without much usage then we'll just send a new heater as there must be something wrong with the board. Sorry again for the hassle we'll get you sorted for sure though!
  14. Nebu

Nebu Post-Apocalyptic Renaissance Man Retailer

Devised a decent way to remain true 100% glass path (no metal screen) while capturing any particulate pass-through that may occur. Also excellent at capturing (& reclaiming) oil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)
    Quetzalcoatl and vorrange like this.
  15. ShadowVape

Really cool set up Nebu!!! The one and only complaint we've ever had about the glass screens is that they allow some particulate to get through --- is there any flavor picked up from the hemp fiber? Can you post a pic of it used after some Vrips? Love it!
    Nebu likes this.
  16. Nebu

Nebu Post-Apocalyptic Renaissance Man Retailer

Thanks! Yes, that was my only complaint as well. I definitely prefer not to have any grinds getting in the clean glass, potentially clogging up the bubble-works and just making a general mess. Pieces with fine diffusion are especially susceptible.

Hemp fiber is 100% neutral (taste & polarity), as far as I can sense. Of course, it does definitely pick up aromatics from whatever one is vaping, which is the oil-capturing aspect I mentioned. One anecdotal observation; when temps get higher than I prefer (e.g. "milkish" vs blue), the smoke/vapor hybrid produced seems noticeably tamed/less-harsh.

Will do on the photos once I get it good and oiled up. I also started with a 100% clean Lower Bowl to gauge how much condensate pass-through occurs. For anyone inclined to test this (don't wait for me!), a good thing to do would be to log the fiber's weight (with a sensitive, .01g scale) prior to use. After some time it will start to increase in weight as it accumulates oil. Once it is up to whatever weight/oil accumulation one decides, just take it out, put it on top of the glass screen and vape the shiznet out of it for some reclaim vapes. Since I usually go low-temp and cash-out my ABV quite early, I suspect my oil accumulation will be at the high-velocity end of the scale. By that I mean, if one were to really go hot and keep hitting a load that was really spent, the hemp fiber reclaim oil will likely also start being vaporized.

Bless.
  17. John Lewus

John Lewus Well-Known Member

Hey Nebu! I did an experiment very similar to this already. Check out my posts at

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaping-with-cotton.9892/page-9#post-487531
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaping-with-cotton.9892/page-9#post-487919

for the followup. Essentially I vaped back everything I collected as proven by weight before and after.
    ShadowVape and Nebu like this.
  18. ShadowVape

Almost have the new Vrip bowls dialed for production --- the next gen VHW is next and will mate with the spherical joint on the intake without a silicon seal being required. As All-Glass as it gets with the Vrip extraction efficiency maintained.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Buildozer and Nebu like this.
  19. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Nice! I broke my cover and decided to wait for the next gen and use other units in the meantime. :D
  20. WaxOnWaxOff

WaxOnWaxOff Well-Known Member

I can't wait! I've been wanting a VHW for a very long time and as soon as the new version is available i'm getting one immediately.
  21. ShadowVape

22. ShadowVape

Success!!! There they are…more to come soon of the new VHW cover that mates with the spherical interface on the upper intake. Last two shots are looking down with the intake on and then again looking down with no intake just the lower bowl standing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    charliedontsurf, Raskin666 and Kief like this.
  23. Raskin666

Raskin666 Doom Walrus

After my usual longtime piece broke, I was searching tirelessly for a water piece that met my criteria, I finally found the VRT Water Tool Perk (bent neck, ice catch, thick glass, single perc). I will be using it with my SSV.

I have company this weekend so was hoping to have it in time, so ordered from NEXTDAYVAPES. Unfortunately, they emailed me saying it is no longer in stock (it still says in stock on their site). So that killed some more time. Ordered from Aqua Lab Technologies with priority mail. Hopefully they don't dawdle around too much and maybe I will get it by Saturday. If NEXTDAYVAPES hadn't wasted my time, I would be golden! Looking forward to checking out this awesome tool.
  24. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

That's beautiful work man, good stuff.
  25. Mini Bones

Mini Bones New Member

Was about to buy a wand and now I hear a new version is coming out?!? Glad I can wait for the new version. My question is about the vape quality. When looking for the cleanist most pure vape with no chance of off-gasses and a complete glass on glass set up, There always are 4 names that come up in conversation... Vrip, Cloud, Herborizer, and Aromed. As for those four, it seems like every forum goes back and fourth for which is superior. Being that I live in the USA and don't mind taking extra time to se up a bong, is there anything else out there that can compare to the Vrip wand (money no object)? There are just too many out there that I figured I should turn to you all and im so tired of local shops telling me that nobody is looking for glass on glass and then try and push some small pen on me. Thanks in advance.
    Kief likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors