Poostuff

Please delete
I find a temperature I like for all my vaporizers & rarely change it @blackstone I use 9 on the Volcano because I find it very strong & that's the way I like it.
Side effects from this setting can include burning sinus, watery eyes, also lots of coughing and sneezing. If you don't like those things you could probably use a lower temperature.
I try to get as much use out of the bags as possible but I keep in mind it's always more enjoyable with fresh ones.
Also Vitolo is an expert.

blackstone

Merry Christmas!
It's so interesting: if I don't get the right temperature, vaping can make my joints ache. And I need to keep the temperatures low and then I can sleep just fine--in fact, wonderfully. But too high, too big a cloud, and I'm up and down all night, dreaming weirdly. As you get used to your new Volcano, enjoy the ride!

Many happy returns! Hope you have a green xmas covered in cloudy crystals! Thanks for your input. That's funny about the aching at different temperatures, I'll have to keep my eye on things.
I've been doing half and half, all high temperatures, or starting low and working up.
I do enjoy the buzz at high temps, and I like extracting as much as I can, but I think I can relate to the sleeplessness and have been that kind of zonked but lying on the pillow spaced at a million miles an hour and unable to sleep.
I will probably naturally start to wind back the settings over the next while like I did on my Solo.
This device is extremely powerful alright, I can see how it almost magnifies the effects at each temperature range! While it is also such a gentle extraction in the mid range temps, hardly browning the material.

There are more suggested temps about ten pages back, that has been handy too!
I wont be long finding my favourite set-up, want to try settings from @zor next! Just looking forward to trying another god damn strain than this! I shouldn't complain!

I find a temperature I like for all my vaporizers & rarely change it @blackstone I use 9 on the Volcano because I find it very strong & that's the way I like it.
Side effects from this setting can include burning sinus, watery eyes, also lots of coughing and sneezing. If you don't like those things you could probably use a lower temperature.
I try to get as much use out of the bags as possible but I keep in mind it's always more enjoyable with fresh ones.
Also Vitolo is an expert.
Thats cool, a lot of people are into the lowest temperatures possible, but I suppose that's with vapes that char material!
I have been really digging the setting 9 or 226C too lately, it suits me because you have everything in the bag, the early tastes, the strength, and it knocks me down!
But I can then control everything with the amount I then use at this high setting, (like it says in the manual about the correlation between Temperature, Quantity, Quality, and Surface area)
a tiny few grains will get an ok bag, a larger pinch will really give a kick! I haven't tried it starting out with so much that I got a decent second (or third) bag at this high setting, but I do add a tiny pinch after each run, about three times, then regrind the lot and get a last bag.
If I'm trying to spare material, I'll whack up the temp to get the most from a tiny pinch, but if I start out with a nice bit I tend to start at mid temps, I suppose in an attempt to keep the temperature/quantity ratio in check!
Do you use nice amounts at this setting 9? Can you get two bags plus this way? I'm laughing at the side effects you describe, I've encountered one of all of them at some point since I started vaping, but not all at the same time like I can imagine with a large amount at high temp.......
think I need to take one for the team here in a minute... :)
And yes, I dont doubt that Vitolo is an expert! I am always drawn back to this mysterious 192C temperature and it is quite satisfying and is able to give multiple bags, regardless of load size!
I also read with interest about the ideal bag size of 3.5 feet, and would love to experiment with that and the loads it requires to perfectly fill one of those!

In other news, I picked up some turkey bags just to have a look, and realized that if I do use them, I'll have to decide if I leave that ghetto looking square end on, or if I tie them off to look like the originals while sacrificing a bit of volume.
Probably go with the bigger volume! (second thoughts, it would be hard to pull the bag taut with a dopey square end on it!)
I've also found that the low temps of the Digit (eg 40C) can be used to take any dampness out of material, or I suppose you can also do this on higher temps with short bursts of the fan:tup:
It will soon be a week since I got the Volcano and I'm still delighted I got it, tasting/performing even better than new now!
Takes a lot of pressure off my portable, and saves a lot of charging hassle:D

I saw the pics of the S&B factory online, and was thinking, Jeez my dad would be so proud if I could ever do that well out of mixing one of my hobbies :leaf:, which at times was negative for the family (because of draconian laws etc), with my electrical or design skills.
Maybe I should go back to college, but meanwhile, I'll definitely keep doing the lottery!!:)

headdoctor

To continue this discussion and to state the obvious, one of the most amazing things about vaping and about the Volcano is the ability to manage so precisely the temperatures and hence the effects. It's MUCH harder to do this with combustion. I can dial it back on the 'Cano and produce a gentle narcotic effect before bed, perfect for sleeping well, or I can crank it up and take on the heavens. It's like wanting a hot drink in the morning, looking in my pantry, and deciding between cocoa, coffee, chamomile tea, English breakfast tea, or for us old timers: Postum!

Poostuff

Please delete
I could probably be a bit more flexible with the way I use the Volcano but I only really have two heavyweight vaporizers that quickly pump out huge clouds of dense vapour & I like to use them to their full potential.
I'm lucky enough to have other smaller vaporizers that give me the different effects I often look for in vaping especially during the day, so I sometimes forget how versatile the Volcano can be.

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Many happy returns! Hope you have a green xmas covered in cloudy crystals! Thanks for your input. That's funny about the aching at different temperatures, I'll have to keep my eye on things.
I've been doing half and half, all high temperatures, or starting low and working up.
I do enjoy the buzz at high temps, and I like extracting as much as I can, but I think I can relate to the sleeplessness and have been that kind of zonked but lying on the pillow spaced at a million miles an hour and unable to sleep.
I will probably naturally start to wind back the settings over the next while like I did on my Solo.
This device is extremely powerful alright, I can see how it almost magnifies the effects at each temperature range! While it is also such a gentle extraction in the mid range temps, hardly browning the material.

There are more suggested temps about ten pages back, that has been handy too!
I wont be long finding my favourite set-up, want to try settings from @zor next! Just looking forward to trying another god damn strain than this! I shouldn't complain!

Thats cool, a lot of people are into the lowest temperatures possible, but I suppose that's with vapes that char material!
I have been really digging the setting 9 or 226C too lately, it suits me because you have everything in the bag, the early tastes, the strength, and it knocks me down!
But I can then control everything with the amount I then use at this high setting, (like it says in the manual about the correlation between Temperature, Quantity, Quality, and Surface area)
a tiny few grains will get an ok bag, a larger pinch will really give a kick! I haven't tried it starting out with so much that I got a decent second (or third) bag at this high setting, but I do add a tiny pinch after each run, about three times, then regrind the lot and get a last bag.
If I'm trying to spare material, I'll whack up the temp to get the most from a tiny pinch, but if I start out with a nice bit I tend to start at mid temps, I suppose in an attempt to keep the temperature/quantity ratio in check!
Do you use nice amounts at this setting 9? Can you get two bags plus this way? I'm laughing at the side effects you describe, I've encountered one of all of them at some point since I started vaping, but not all at the same time like I can imagine with a large amount at high temp.......
think I need to take one for the team here in a minute... :)
And yes, I dont doubt that Vitolo is an expert! I am always drawn back to this mysterious 192C temperature and it is quite satisfying and is able to give multiple bags, regardless of load size!
I also read with interest about the ideal bag size of 3.5 feet, and would love to experiment with that and the loads it requires to perfectly fill one of those!

In other news, I picked up some turkey bags just to have a look, and realized that if I do use them, I'll have to decide if I leave that ghetto looking square end on, or if I tie them off to look like the originals while sacrificing a bit of volume.
Probably go with the bigger volume! (second thoughts, it would be hard to pull the bag taut with a dopey square end on it!)
I've also found that the low temps of the Digit (eg 40C) can be used to take any dampness out of material, or I suppose you can also do this on higher temps with short bursts of the fan:tup:
It will soon be a week since I got the Volcano and I'm still delighted I got it, tasting/performing even better than new now!
Takes a lot of pressure off my portable, and saves a lot of charging hassle:D

I saw the pics of the S&B factory online, and was thinking, Jeez my dad would be so proud if I could ever do that well out of mixing one of my hobbies :leaf:, which at times was negative for the family (because of draconian laws etc), with my electrical or design skills.
Maybe I should go back to college, but meanwhile, I'll definitely keep doing the lottery!!:)

I love the dreamy effects of higher temps. Actually thats why I got the volcano in the 1st place, because it turned mediocre highs from not so great bud thats available to me to good highs from the same bud, a transformation mind you.

I am curious to know if you take those higher temps, say the 9 that you mentioned and vape it dry? I ask because Im really digging 7.5, but at that temp, I need to run it through water, as experience has taught me that vaping dry at this temp is uncomfortable for me because apart from burning my throat and respiratory system it always gives me extreme dryness all through out that lags even long after the vaping session has ended.

I understand what you say, use a pinch at higher temps and it creates a good effect, but if you use more you have to turn down the temp.

atleast halfway full easy valve chamber and the temp at 7.5 in the 2nd bag the vapor is thick and cloudy. Id rather fill more than what I need because if I use pinches and run it through water, the water takes away some of the added effects, so I overcompensate by adding more bud to get me where I need to be.

Chezgreendream,
Reactions: blackstone

blackstone

To continue this discussion and to state the obvious, one of the most amazing things about vaping and about the Volcano is the ability to manage so precisely the temperatures and hence the effects. It's MUCH harder to do this with combustion. I can dial it back on the 'Cano and produce a gentle narcotic effect before bed, perfect for sleeping well, or I can crank it up and take on the heavens. It's like wanting a hot drink in the morning, looking in my pantry, and deciding between cocoa, coffee, chamomile tea, English breakfast tea, or for us old timers: Postum!
I was thinking this the other day of my dilemma with temperatures, and I thought back to my days of combusting (8 months ago) when everything was taken in, tobacco and all, and I had no control of what parts were going in or out!
It is a great feature with vapes, but one I'm only starting to notice and probably have yet to use fully to my advantage. I suppose if I had to go shopping or meet friends now, I would stick to 192C, so thats a start!
I first thought higher temperatures were best for sleep and pain, or vaping ABV at high temps but I'll have to look more into it,
and as you said, the Volcano will definitely allow me to dial in to each of those wave lengths!
I don't know about the Digit being better or not, because I've had to learn the conversions to get all the good advice from Classic owners too!!:lol:

I could probably be a bit more flexible with the way I use the Volcano but I only really have two heavyweight vaporizers that quickly pump out huge clouds of dense vapour & I like to use them to their full potential.
I'm lucky enough to have other smaller vaporizers that give me the different effects I often look for in vaping especially during the day, so I sometimes forget how versatile the Volcano can be.

It sure does punch like a champ! And yeah I'm probably over using the thing at the start, and trying everything! (and slighty fed up with having only one portable for months before this!)
I think all these people who say "ooh you should just go smoking it instead at those temperatures" should leave us alone!!:D
I mean as long as it's not ash coming out, and it's pale ABV, whats wrong with having something that almost mimics combustion!! But with little or none of the harm??
Especially for someone transitioning from combustion.
It makes me wonder about a poster way back that quit combusting, got a Volcano, but couldn't handle how thin the vapor was?? Maybe they did not use it at high setting? Or have the the quality in the material they used?
Got something today that must have been designed for vaporizers and the difference is night and day in vapor production! And almost too strong effect! learning my Volcano lessons today!!:whoa:
Again that thing is so true Temp V Quantity V Quality V Surface area.
Some people adjust the temperature, some adjust the quantity, it can be harder to adjust the quality at times!, but just give it a stir/grind to adjust the surface area!
Thanks for your advice on hitting it hard @Poostuff , I'm sure you'll save me lots of material over time!
I've been checking and enjoying 222C, or just over 8.5, which I thought might lower any risks? Also 215C, which I think Vapecritic mentioned as his higher range? It also equates to 420F hurr hurr!
Maybe if it ever affects your sleeping as @headdoctor mentioned, at least you always have the adjustment?!

I love the dreamy effects of higher temps. Actually thats why I got the volcano in the 1st place, because it turned mediocre highs from not so great bud thats available to me to good highs from the same bud, a transformation mind you.

I am curious to know if you take those higher temps, say the 9 that you mentioned and vape it dry? I ask because Im really digging 7.5, but at that temp, I need to run it through water, as experience has taught me that vaping dry at this temp is uncomfortable for me because apart from burning my throat and respiratory system it always gives me extreme dryness all through out that lags even long after the vaping session has ended.

I understand what you say, use a pinch at higher temps and it creates a good effect, but if you use more you have to turn down the temp.

atleast halfway full easy valve chamber and the temp at 7.5 in the 2nd bag the vapor is thick and cloudy. Id rather fill more than what I need because if I use pinches and run it through water, the water takes away some of the added effects, so I overcompensate by adding more bud to get me where I need to be.

It's unbelievable how good it works. After seeing a post about making the most from material, well, you know the little sticks and stalks that build up on your desk?.... Tried a bowl or two of those the other night, extremely impressive :) I'd say anything that's remotely sticky or smelly will be no longer thrown away!
Yes, everything I've done has been from the mouthpiece, But, only today I totally increased my material quality! And yes, it does sting and dry a bit when you increase your quality on those temps!! I was kind of liking it, that it can hit me harder than combusting, with very little damage?
And I was also used to compensating for harsh smoke by drinking soda pop, that's probably why I'm chubby! But I can see how it could be a problem, and I too was experimenting with 7.5! (208C) with great results.
The quality I have now is such that it impresses even as low as 182C! or just under 5.5, and I increase in 10 degree steps, I do not need to go above 212C or setting 8, and it does everything I could wish for and lots more!! Thank the stars!
And in your case the magic formula also applies, if you add more stuff, you need to lower you temp, or your quality!!!
Also I thought some of the theory behind a small pinch at high temperatures might be... That if it's not covering the bottom screen completely, then the matter will only receive "some" of the temperature. Where if it covered the screen it would receive closer to full temp.
This is also the basis to me beginning experiments based on vaping small complete flowers adding one more at a time, then grinding the lot and go again, BANG EXPLOSION CLOUD!!
And experiments based on vaping small-ish amounts, without using a pad or screen, at slightly higher temperatures so the surface areas move around inside! (stirs itself!)
Well, S&B don't recommend using pad or screen with ground material, they recommend matching temperature to load size! and quality etc!

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Hello All, Just an Update. I've had my Digital Volcano Easy Valve for just about 6 months now and I've been Completely Satisfied with it!!:love:It gets used at least once 4Bags in morning, & once 4Bags at night during week & all day and night on weekends. I usually start her up between 360f-375f and work my way up from there as the Vapor thins to usually no more than 425f, occasionally 445f to completely extract:tup: It couldn't be a simpler device to use. I purchased the Solid Valve with it, but have yet to try it. I'm on my second bag of the Easy Valve 5 pack starter kit & only because it sprung a leak from Rough handling or I'd still be on my first. I love the rugged reliable construction and how completely I can extract all the Goodies from my meds before tossing in trash. And the ease of inhaling from a Bag, my wife has no lung capacity & loves this as well. I would definitely highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for a Quality Vaporizer :tup: Like everything else in life, you definitely get what you pay for. Keep Volcanoing My Friends:rockon: P.S. I have been using the MFLB ORBITER with lip of valve pressed against it when Vaping at the higher temperatures

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I know this is an old post, but it should help anyone who's experiencing issues with a leaky solid valve. I was having the same issues as this post.

I finally contacted S&B, explained the situation, and they shipped a new Solid Valve Housing

Put it on, and it solved the issue! I guess the base of the housing wasn't flat enough to make a good seal?

Not sure, but anyone experiencing issues with a leaky solid valve should contact S&B for a new Solid Valve Housing.

Edit:

Where exactly is the leak coming from? Check out this post, it might solve your issue.

Thanks for this

Shadowdjinni

It's fun to read of your excitement with your new toy, blackstone! I remember having that feeling some four years ago when I got mine. Mine has seen daily use and is still going strong.

As I'm sure you have read, I believe it's a standard technique to raise the temperature when you start to get reduced results from a packed bowl. I would be a little surprised if many people keep it at just one temperature (but what do I know?!). And, as I'm sure you also know, the lower temperatures tend to be lighter vapor.

"New" user here. I got my Volcano Digital the middle of September and I modeled my temperature settings off of my Pax 1.

370, 385, 400, 415, 432. Last temperature is a combination of putting it at 420-435, going by 5s. 420-430 felt like I could get a bit more out of my stuff so I kicked it up to 435 but it was definitely too toasted. Went down 1 degree each time (#baseddigital) until I settled on 432... partially because it looks nice as a number.

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Even after all these years.... the Volcano is the dog's bollocks. Yes the bag tech is outdated. Yes there's other vapes that perform the same for less money. But it delivers smooth potent vapour time after time, and this is still what I break out when my mates are round. I haven't had a whitey for years, but really the closest I've come was through using this and the Evo. Cheers @Michel she's serving me well! 210c all the way.

aohaeg

Hello I am a new member and I want some one help me
- is the volcano could be used for solid hash I always smoke hash in my country

Please reply to me as soon as possible and I want please the way of smoking the hash Lebanese or Morocco ect ..... on the volcano

shredder

Please reply to me as soon as possible and I want please the way of smoking the hash Lebanese or Morocco ect ..... on the volcano

I think it would.work fine. In the kit a wire mesh is included for vaping concentrates. You place it in the bowl and put your hash on it. As it melts it coats the stainless steel mesh with gooey goodness.. I can't give your first hand experience be ause I've always just mixed hash and if hash oil in with herb and vaped that way. I'm sure soon someone will have better first hand info. Best of luck....

shredder,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I have no business here.
However only my humble or boastful opinion is as follows:

I don't mix flowers with HASH?

Not to say it's the way to go?

I have weird tasted!

Cotton works if you use a small piece!

freestyle99

Hey everyone,

Just discovered vaping after combusting pretty much daily since I was 16 and I'm 46. Never had any breathing problems with combusting. The Mighty is amazing, but it's vapor seems to irritate my chest so I'm going to start running it through my Toro bong for water filtration as it seems to help others with the irritating dry vapor.

Got the Mighty in August and it just broke so I sent it in for repair, tried to combust this past week but literally cannot even stand how disgusting it is now! I will never comust again!

I've decided to compliment my Mighty with a Volcano. My question is since the vapor goes into the bag first, does it still irritate your lungs like directly drawing it out of the Mighty?

Last edited:

olysh pops

Hi Freestyle99 :)

The bag allows to cold vapor immediatly because of its large surface of contact with air.

It delivers huge volume of vapor instantly, compared to Mighty.

IMO Volcano vapor irritates a little less than Mighty vapor. Maybe because vapor is colder. Maybe because vapor thickness seen allows me to adjust temperature more easily.

olysh pops

thx
I was wondering what can be vaporised at 160°C... flower, ok :)
As Shadowjinni I begin vaporise at 370°F/185°C/5,5. But it is hash.

olysh pops,

THE KISS FREAK

@freestyle99 , like @justcametomind said, it can be irritating at times for me depending on the strain I'm vaping & temperature. I have one strain that is ok at lower temps, but as I bump it up to extract everything it gets really irritating really quickly, so I just hold the easy valve mouthpiece against my water tools inlet & finish that way. My other 2 strains I can vape all the way up the temps without irritation and without using a water tool.
I love my Digi VOLCANO & use it at least twice a day for almost a year now, 4 bags in morning and 4 more at night. I can't rave enough about this Vape:tup:
Well mmy :2c:
Good luck with your purchase decision:rockon:

MinnBobber

I've decided to compliment my Mighty with a Volcano. My question is since the vapor goes into the bag first, does it still irritate your lungs like directly drawing it out of the Mighty?
Just my personal opinion that cooling your vapor is less important than moisturizing it.
A Volcano bag cools the vapor---which helps a little. Adding moisture can help a lot.

Vaping max temp is about 445 F while combusting temps are about 1,000 F. Vapes need less cooling then combusting but are still very very very dry air.
For me, the least lung irritation comes from well moisturized vapor----vaped thru a water piece using warm or hot water which makes for a more moist vapor = less irritation.

Last edited:

freestyle99

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Gonna be ordering up a classic volcano shortly!

My tolerance is pretty high so that is also a factor with the vape i think. I tend to fire up the Mighty with my morning coffee and vape all day until I go to sleep. Now with the Mighty in the shop and my loathing of combusting I'm finally giving my self a chance to let my tolerance go up again haha

One last question before I buy the classic volcano. Does Storz & Bickel offer coupon codes ever? I see a spot for one in the shopping cart. Anyone ever use one?

Last edited:

THE KISS FREAK

@Poostuff , funny, I like it! :rofl:
But mine stays out on my coffee table all year long:tup:. I guess I'm fortunate. I have no kids & everyone else knows I'm an MMJ patient, so I just leave it out. But I sure can appreciate having to keep it from prying eyes( kids , family, visitors,etc.). I consider myself lucky:rockon:

Top Bottom