Vitolo

Vaporist
Many pre-heat the herb by getting it "primed" atop the heating unit.
It releases more terpines for flavorful experience, and then it produced vapor more readily.
Those seconds sitting there warming do not release or waste vapor, as no heat moves through the herb ... it is just getting primed.

dimildarko

If I can get a 2 year old fully functional Volcano original with solid valve for $280...is that a steal that I should be jumping on right now or something that will regularly be available?

I'm unfamiliar with their used value and it seems that Digital units go up for sale much more often so I'm having trouble gauging the value on this deal.

Vitolo

Vaporist
You did not specify if this was digital or not. (unless by original you meant analog)
280 for a digital is a fair price.
Especially if the Solid valve is in new condition, and all O-Rings are intact and not worn.
Analog Volcanos go for a variety of prices... as low as 200.
Digital volcanos can be found for 300 with new EZValve kits, and/or clean Solid valves.
Unless dealing with a friend... do not let details slide.
300 should get you a very new looking Digi with good valves.
Age does not matter if all is clean and no vibrations are present.
GREAT deals can be found from time to time.. $100- $250 is not unheard of, but those low prices get snatched up fast.

dimildarko

Ah yeah its an analog sorry that is what I meant by original. Hrm now I'm wondering if I should wait. I had no idea they went as cheap as 200 and I've never seen a Digital listed less than 400 so I assumed this was a pretty decent deal. It's not a friend, just someone selling one and they aren't local.

Vitolo

Vaporist
and they aren't local
That creates another issue of pig-in-a-poke-ological proportions.
I see them on Craigs list for 300.
I have bought a couple for that much for patients.
I will show you an example:
I just googled "Craigslist Digital Volcano".. and while I am not in the area of this ad... this came up as one:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/clt/5044551946.html
I see them on Ebay .. analogs for 100 dollars, and digitals for 250.
An aggressive search will get you what you want.

Last edited:

fatbiker

Ah yeah its an analog sorry that is what I meant by original. Hrm now I'm wondering if I should wait. I had no idea they went as cheap as 200 and I've never seen a Digital listed less than 400 so I assumed this was a pretty decent deal. It's not a friend, just someone selling one and they aren't local.

The prices you are stating here are what I have found the "market" to be as well. I wish I could find them for as low as $200. A year ago I paid $280 for a Volcano Classic with 3 of 5 EZ Valves being brand new. The unit itself was also in excellent condition. I thought I got a good deal.

shredder

The prices you are stating here are what I have found the "market" to be as well. I wish I could find them for as low as $200. A year ago I paid $280 for a Volcano Classic with 3 of 5 EZ Valves being brand new. The unit itself was also in excellent condition. I thought I got a good deal.

And you did. My 09 classic is still like new despite me running literally pounds of herb through it. It goes and goes and goes. It was my only vape for 5+ years. Since new years I've went on a vape buying binge, i have four now, but I won't part with my volcano. It only comes out at group sessions now, but it still excells. I never regretted buying it, and I still love using it. I love my other vapes too, but I doubt I will get volcano longevity out of any of them.

Vitolo

Vaporist
After searching the house and finding all/any items left behind by the police, I found 2 Volcano bags....
my regular and my extra sized one.
These two have come into use once again.
I received a Volcano Vaporizer from Vape World.
(Thanks @VapeWorld )
A definitive move in my current state of wellness, and my ability to function and write this.
I became dependent on longer deeper sessions, and with some vapes this happens more easily than with others.
I can inhale a few large bags of good meds, and be in fair condition for a good while, and function with little spasm, or intestinal complaints.
My collection smaller now than it was, I realize the need for the Volcano, to stay comfortable!

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
@Vitolo , wow sounds like a bummer, what happened with the police? They confiscate all your vaping gear?
I want to thank you for all the info you've provided here! Super helpful! :tup: Love the link to replacing easy valve bags! I was buying the Volcano anyways, but you & others made me feel super confident with my purchase afterwards, after I read thread from page 1.
I'm LOVING my Digi Volcano:rockon: I'm still experimenting with it, It's helped me to almost sleep through the nights, (still working on my dosage). Which I usually can't get, but the last few weeks, I've gotten many restful night's:clap:. I've tried oil with Great results as well as my own flowers.
Just dropping by:wave:, will be back with more results. :rockon:

THE KISS FREAK,
Reactions: h3rbalist

VANVAS

I have to tell you guys in inside volcano world !!
I pulled the trigger with a digi with solid valve!
I wanted since years ago and now (saving and saving) its mine !! I cannot believe !
I notice that flavor is better than my EQ , but seems to be same, i notice that my EQ is cooking the herbs more blacky than the digi.
I notice too that solid valve , like people said, is not stay well when you are filling a bag, sometimes if you don't take care about can fall !
Just i see a problem, is the look of the volcano , is a unit that you cannot leave there in the living room and try to say people is a mp3 device! It is a rare unit!
I will try to learn about it all you could been said

shredder

I have to tell you guys in inside volcano world !!
I pulled the trigger with a digi with solid valve!
I wanted since years ago and now (saving and saving) its mine !! I cannot believe !
I notice that flavor is better than my EQ , but seems to be same, i notice that my EQ is cooking the herbs more blacky than the digi.
I notice too that solid valve , like people said, is not stay well when you are filling a bag, sometimes if you don't take care about can fall !
Just i see a problem, is the look of the volcano , is a unit that you cannot leave there in the living room and try to say people is a mp3 device! It is a rare unit!
I will try to learn about it all you could been said

I've used the solid valve since 09, so I guess I'm used to it. It can be tippy, depending on the bag. My guess is soon you will get the hang of it. I sit close by watching and helping the bag stay upright.

As to how dark the abv is, on your volcano you can up the temp for each bag, on one bowl to reach the efficiency your looking for. Bag size and bowl amount, will come into play as well. I don't get mine real hot, but I use the abv. If i was to run the cano at a higher temp, the abv would be less strong. Soon you'll know what works best for you. Practice practice practice

Anyway enjoy your new vape, and ask questions as they come up. This is a very helpful thread, and fellow cano enthusiasts will be happy to offer advice.

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
@Vitolo , wow, shocked & saddened by what I've read!!:rant: I'm in a Medical MMJ state and every few months someone tries to introduce new bills that keep trying to Cut Our Rights here. Assholes! The program works fine here as is, and all this does is cause confusion amongst patients and caregivers.
I REALLY wish you and your wife a speedy recovery from this TRAGIC & TRAUMATIC invasion of your Privacy and Rights.
@VANVAS Welcome to the Volcano world:tup:
Still experimenting, but haven't found anything that I don't like about it! Good purchase on my part:rockon:

tjshipe

Temp Question:

I just got a classic Volcano vaporizer and am testing it out. I turned it on setting 9, let it heat up and turned on the fan. Following the method on Storz & Bickel page linked below, I'm using a fast read electronic thermometer inside the filling chamber and I'm only getting a max temp of 350 degrees F on 9. This is lower than what I was expecting to see based on the link below. Anyone else ever test this out or have thoughts on this?

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/temperature-scale-volcano-vaporizer

hoptimum

Temp Question:

I just got a classic Volcano vaporizer and am testing it out. I turned it on setting 9, let it heat up and turned on the fan. Following the method on Storz & Bickel page linked below, I'm using a fast read electronic thermometer inside the filling chamber and I'm only getting a max temp of 350 degrees F on 9. This is lower than what I was expecting to see based on the link below. Anyone else ever test this out or have thoughts on this?

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/temperature-scale-volcano-vaporizer

try filling a bag and see what happens

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm using a fast read electronic thermometer inside the filling chamber
Not trustworthy... do not believe it.
I have seen dozens of thermo readers being used.
If the sensor is not in the middle of a sealed bed of weed sitting on your device during bag filling...
...then it is NOT any type of accurate measure of what is happening in that chamber.
(no emotion here... it's just science)

Last edited:

tjshipe

Not trustworthy... do not believe it.
I have seen dozens of thermo readers being used.
If the sensor is not in the middle of a sealed bed of weed sitting on your device during bag filling...
...then it is NOT any type of accurate measure of what is happening in that chamber.
(no emotion here... it's just science)

I'm completely willing to accept that my measuring methods are flawed. I was actually hoping that you guys would say that, because that means my Volcano is fine and I don't need to send it in for repair. I was just wanting to make sure I was vaping at the temperatures I thought I was vaping at. Thanks.

zor

Hmmm....I dunno @Vitolo, why can't you just measure the temperature of the hot air (provided you have an accurate means of doing so, a quick read thermometer might not suffice), after all the air is the medium for the heat. If @tjshipe wants to ensure that the heat s/he's getting the proper output then I don't see why that's not sufficient, especially if there is concern for lack of heat.

I do agree with you if you wish to determine what temperature the weed is being heated to, however!

zor,
Reactions: Vitolo

tjshipe

Hmmm....I dunno @Vitolo, why can't you just measure the temperature of the hot air (provided you have an accurate means of doing so, a quick read thermometer might not suffice), after all the air is the medium for the heat. If @tjshipe wants to ensure that the heat s/he's getting the proper output then I don't see why that's not sufficient, especially if there is concern for lack of heat.

I do agree with you if you wish to determine what temperature the weed is being heated to, however!

Exactly. That's how Storz & Bickel say they measure it as well: http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/temperature-scale-volcano-vaporizer

stressed

You did not specify if this was digital or not. (unless by original you meant analog)
280 for a digital is a fair price.
Especially if the Solid valve is in new condition, and all O-Rings are intact and not worn.
Analog Volcanos go for a variety of prices... as low as 200.
Digital volcanos can be found for 300 with new EZValve kits, and/or clean Solid valves.
Unless dealing with a friend... do not let details slide.
300 should get you a very new looking Digi with good valves.
Age does not matter if all is clean and no vibrations are present.
GREAT deals can be found from time to time.. $100- $250 is not unheard of, but those low prices get snatched up fast.
i never thought of getting a used unit before. i started using the bag with my extreme Q and i love it. it's the only way i medicate anymore.

i have always lusted after a volcano but the price was too high. $700 per unit made me shy away. but i could come up with $300 for a used one. i'll just eat less fun stuff for a couple months. :)

now i'll have to read up on the Q vs a volcano to justify buying a new toy.

well honey, you see, i need to buy the volcano because, umm....

2eanozd.jpg

Top Bottom