olivianewtonjohn

The volcano is such a good device out of the box. Still I wish there were some mods. I could easily see someone making an attachment out of stainless steel that fit into the bowl blocking the screen with a smaller bowl

olivianewtonjohn

NewToVaping

Call them 1st.
Perhaps over the phone they can be most assistive.

I tried calling Storz and Bickel but it was an automated response telling me to ship my volcano to the shop in Oakland. Is there a specific number to call to speak with someone?

NewToVaping,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't have further info.
An email might be best in that case.
In the email, ask for a phone contact, and leave them your number, and best time to call.

Vitolo,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
The leak comes here
388iV.jpg

sorry you can't see much in the video, but there's actually a lot of vapor leaking I'm noticing when it's dark and I have a flash light.

i remade the bag twice, it seems ok when fully filled. Even when I squeeze the closed bag, it doesn't really leak. But when it's filling or when I'm hitting it, I can see a lot of visible leakage. You can see it at about 0:21.

My mom got a Volcano Classic with Solid Valve for Christmas last year, and she has experienced this same issue since the beginning.

There is a small leak that comes out of the the two slits where the black plastic clips in. It's not a massive leak, but I'd estimate it to be maybe 10% of the total output. So it is still significant.

Just yesterday, I completely broke down and cleaned the entire Solid Valve assembly. It still leaks.

Looking closely at the valve, the leak has to be originating from the seal between the top ring of the metal plunger in the bowl, and the metal ring on the valve.

From what I've read in this thread, it seems several others have had this issue. But I haven't seen a solution yet, or did I gloss over it?

Any help is appreciated.

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer
i have had same exact issue --- I feel the plastic actually warps a drop @ high long heating sessions --- and quickly over time they leak outa the lil spot ?? IMO I'm on 2nd classic both had same issue -- i made too large bags

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I believe everyone who has experienced it were using the solid valve.

It's almost as if it's by design? It's just a metal on metal connection with no o-ring to seal it. Perhaps the spring on my mom's isn't quite long enough, so there's not enough pressure on the metal plates?

Idk, but hoping to get it resolved.

loggerknees

volcano enthusiast
For those that didn't see my post over in the cheap, high-quality glass thread: Recently got my knockoff PnWT from sunshine glass on dhgate. Here are some pics of it and how I use it with my volcano solid valve bags. The solid valve mouthpiece fits nicely enough against the 14mm female joint to result in a virtually airtight seal (could probably get a tighter seal with a gasket, but this seems unnecessary because I'm able to easily get enough suction to completely empty the bag.

The piece itself is solid. The internal components are slightly crooked, but this does not seem to affect the performance. If I pull too hard (which is easy to do with the lack of airpath restriction in a volcano bag) I can get a tiny amount of splashback, but the splash guard cuts down on this to the point where I don't find it to be an issue.

olivianewtonjohn

Switch easy bag for a turkey bag and noticed a flavor. Over time the flavor has gone away but it still doesnt taste as good as stock easy bags. Anyone else notice this

olivianewtonjohn,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have.
I noticed this with other vape companies bags too.
Volcano stock bags seem to deteriorate less over time also.
There is an essence to most bags out there, but S&B bags are more neutral.
I believe they are made of a safer more heat resistant and also inert material.

NewToVaping

So I shipped in my volcano and got an email saying my thermostat is "physically damaged" which means it isn't covered by the warranty. I think its ridiculous that I'm gonna have to throw another $100 to get it fixed even though all I did was stop using the volcano over summer.... I'm gonna try to give them a call and see if somehow I wont have to pay, but I doubt it'll do much.

NewToVaping,

pain101

when i first got my volcano solid valve i did get that leakage around the metal o ring. but since june, it seems to have gone away. i pump about 3grams a day through mine and i'm have such a major issue with particles at the back of my throat. no matter what i've done to curtail it they just get through, i feel like the forced air has something to do with it. i'm not powdering my weed either, i'm using my zeus vortex grinder which does a very nice job of fluffing it out without being abrasive. i'm also using exactly .430 everytime because my prescription doesn't allow me to go over.
cleaning/new bags only help for the first bowl or two maybe.
so, my last resort now has been to make up a water filtration rig, or a bong as some might call it. worked. every couple days when i empty the water i've got quite the collection of fine fine particulate matter at the bottom of the jar i'm using right now till i can afford something proper.
it's pretty ugly and harsh to be called a bong, but it works.

IMG_20141020_084850.jpg

pain101,

max

Out to lunch
i love the volcano except for the fact that the heating chamber is aluminum.
Are you worried about the fact that it's aluminum? You shouldn't. Do you think it affects the taste? Can't recall any complaints. I've used vapes with aluminum and steel, as well as 100% glass, and no complaints here.

pain101

usually when people try telling me they don't like aluminum is because of the Alzheimer myth that's been debunked since the 80's

pain101,
Reactions: hoptimum

luchiano

when i first got my volcano solid valve i did get that leakage around the metal o ring. but since june, it seems to have gone away. i pump about 3grams a day through mine and i'm have such a major issue with particles at the back of my throat. no matter what i've done to curtail it they just get through, i feel like the forced air has something to do with it. i'm not powdering my weed either, i'm using my zeus vortex grinder which does a very nice job of fluffing it out without being abrasive. i'm also using exactly .430 everytime because my prescription doesn't allow me to go over.
cleaning/new bags only help for the first bowl or two maybe.
so, my last resort now has been to make up a water filtration rig, or a bong as some might call it. worked. every couple days when i empty the water i've got quite the collection of fine fine particulate matter at the bottom of the jar i'm using right now till i can afford something proper.
it's pretty ugly and harsh to be called a bong, but it works.

IMG_20141020_084850.jpg
Have you tried using a little less herb then you usually do, and putting the liquid pad on top of the herb to fill the bowl up? It may help keep the particulate matter from going into the bag. Try it out.

luchiano,

pain101

i was not impressed with my liquid pad, the hassle it provides getting in and out was way too much for me when i'm doing it 5 or 6 times a day.
smaller bowls will just force me to double the time i'm using the thing because the issue with my solo was i wasn't getting enough per bowl to effectively dull the pain. i'm medical so it's not about the high, it's about the pain relief, and i had to buy something with a bigger bowl because i was always chasing the pain on the solo because it just wasn't providing enough cannabinoids. it was also killing my throat cuz of temperature. i really can't seem to win in this game of trying to kill the never ending pain. if only edibles worked for me, i might never use a heat source again, but sadly, i get accused of putting lsd in the brownies i consider a failure.

on a side note. i'm pretty sure it's my tonsils that are catching the particles and getting irritated.

Last edited:
pain101,
Top Bottom