• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NewToVaping

I've had my volcano for nearly a year now and it has been working fine, however I left it in storage over summer and when I picked it up to start using it again it hasn't been producing the thick bags that it used to. I've tried using a new bag and I've trained various strains. Usually on 7 I can get 3-4 thick bags but now on 9 I don't even get 1 bag comparable to the 7 before. Any suggestions on what I can do

NewToVaping,

grendizer

Hey! I discovered vaporizing a year ago with a vaporgenie. I had this little vaporizer hanging around the house and never invested enough time to learn how to vaporise properly. Then I had throat problems and forced myself to use it. When I got it right it rocked. It was like green misty juice in my mouth. Now combustion tasted really bad.
After this I bought a volcano classic with easy valve and later a vapir no2. Happy with both but I'd like the volcano to do better at taste with low quantities at low temperatures like 160ºC and the vapir to hold more herbs and to be more accurate displaying the vaporizing temp.
I've been searching on how to add humidity to the vapour so it dries you less. I've been looking for a not too big, cheap bong with percolator. Haven't decided yet but meanwhile, reading other forums, someone recommended to throw 2 drops of distilled water through the top of the easy valve. Didn't want to try afraid of a short. So I put some water on my finger and "painted" the screen on the top of the easy valve. Just enough to clog most of the top screen with water. It won't drop to the volcano but do it at your own risk.
You get a point of moist easily and the vapor doesn't hurt the throat so much even it's such a small amount of water.

grendizer,

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer
hello my friendz I've had the original Volcano pretty much since release ! --- I have always loved it and for years I was a walking advertisement -- lol :) I don't use it as much as the past due to the fact I usually use concentrates only due 2 my current pain…

Yet I have noticed when in use -- I let it rip in the studio for peeps to use -- it just seems like I need to keep it at the highest temp to get true vape ? 8-9.5 bak in the day I would never keep so high yet thats the only way to fill up bag with nice vapor ?

Is there a way -- without sending back to volcano --
any way I test the temp and look for the right one 2 make sure of performance ? HOME MAINTenance ?

any tune ups or pieces that are recommended to replace --- on your own --- I have swapped switches and all so if any part needs to be changed it should b easy enuff ?

Bottom line is I wanna keep my studio COMBUSTION FREE --- the volcano will be the key but I want it running perfect !

any advice is so welcome --

thx

Vitolo

Vaporist
I've had my volcano for nearly a year now and it has been working fine, however I left it in storage over summer and when I picked it up to start using it again it hasn't been producing the thick bags that it used to. I've tried using a new bag and I've trained various strains. Usually on 7 I can get 3-4 thick bags but now on 9 I don't even get 1 bag comparable to the 7 before. Any suggestions on what I can do
gently turn unit upside down, and use a canned air spray upwards.
take filter out of bottom and replace it, or carefully wash it and dry it.

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer
filter on bottom?

is that inside ? ---

I have original and only accuse would be taking the side silver screws off and the knob which is no problem >

is the filter on bottom inside ?>

or r we referring to maybe newer models r made different ?

thx my friend

air blown through was super gr8 idea !!! thx n much props ! @Vitolo

invisiblefriend,

olivianewtonjohn

New member of the volcano club. In general what is the optimal load size for the easy valve? Halfway? Whats the max it can hold for a group session

olivianewtonjohn,

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer

wowee -- thk u very much my friend @Vitolo :)

I maybe think mines is probably like original original !!!!! just pulled out my old box and b & w instruction book ….

I would estimate mines is around 12 or more years old ??? (they in Oakland CA ? ---- -- I bought mines from Germany --- I'm in NY USA -- but had to have it shipped from Germany when I bought mines ! )

Certainly no air filter included in instructions or on list of items and certainly no filter area on the bottom ..

I have opened up and replaced the temp knob and on/off switch in the past --- was easy repairs --

I don't remember seeing one -- but maybe original had an internal airway ? or filter I hope ? I'm going to open up maybe this wknd and see 4 myself ---

I would imagin the newer /modern last 10 years version with the air filter would perform better of course !

hmm very very interesting

invisiblefriend,
Reactions: Vitolo

grendizer

In general what is the optimal load size for the easy valve? Halfway? Whats the max it can hold for a group session

You can load the valve to the top. Just respect the angle that fits wit the upper part of the valve. Works fine with small quantities or full. Material has to be very dry and very well ground. Regrinding makes an extra bag easily.

I think it's better not to load it too much. You'll make less bags but you'll get fresher taste because you go through less reheated material.

mixsticks

Hi all.

I might have a problem with my beloved volcano and I need your help to figure out if theres a problem or not.

I have started to notice that my volcano takes longer to fill up the bags, like if it where working on 75% or something.
I actually thought that it was something I was imagining as it seems to have happed very gradual over time, but yesterday I had a vape session with a buddy and he mentioned it without me speaking a word about the problem, so now I think that there just might be a real problem after all.

I have searched the web for an answer to how long it should take the volcano to fill a bag but the only thing I came up with was storz & bickle saying that it should take 30-60 sec, depending on bag size, but that is way too abstract for me.

I have an original easy valve balloon on hand and took time.
It takes my volcano 56 secs to fill the balloon and I would say that the easy valve balloon aint that big.

What I need from you guys is to take time when you fill a balloon (has to be original easy valve size!) and then pass the information on through this board.

It would be a great help so I hope a few of you (2-3 should be sufficient) is up for the task.

Im looking forward to hear from you :)

mixsticks,

mixsticks

Read back a few posts.
Check air filter and perhaps clean unit.

Thanks, Ill try replacing the air filter and using an air spray in order to clean the insides.

This is not the smartest question, I know, but I have to be 100% sure that I know what Im doing before I try anything new with my volcano so here goes: About the spray thing. When turning my volcano upside down, should I spray it through the airfilter hole or the top of the volcano? And by top I mean that part where you put the chamber?

mixsticks,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No.
With air filter still on, tun unit over gently and tap lightly to dislodge, and spray around in varying directions.... you are cleaning debris prior to opening air filter, and not trying to blow out a clog.....
tap..tap.... spray around..., then remove filter and clean it or replace it.
No air spray needed down there.
If it is an EZ valve, take it apart and make certain their is free flow in there!

It can build up thicker than one may imagine.

Last edited:
Vitolo,

olivianewtonjohn

@Sourtulip
Try everything @Vitolo is saying, it is the least invasive and easiest to fix. From reading the valve being dirty can definitely be the cause.

Another possibility:

Has this note in the videos description:
Important note from Storz & Bickel:
"We often receive machines for repair that people have opened, hoping a pinched tube was their problem, too. Usually, this is not the case, but in opening their machine, they void the warranty, and sometimes damage the thermostat in the process. The thermostat is located behind the knob, and if the knob is not removed before the shell is taken off, the spring mechanism can be damaged. While we appreciate your intent, it is important to consider the bigger issue. IF YOU INFORM PEOPLE THEY WILL VOID THE WARRANTY AND FURTHER DAMAGE THEIR MACHINE FOR A PROBLEM THAT WOULD BE FIXED FOR FREE, IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR EVERYONE."

I will time easy valve fill up time later today and get back to you.

On another note I used it last night and holy shit, like a train hitting me! I went through a decent amount of herb and 4 easy valve bags. Im a lightweight and took a t-break but I barely made it to my bed

NewToVaping

Tried changing the air filter but no luck, I'll try sending it to storz and Bickel and see if they'll fix it free of charge.

NewToVaping,

Amazingkaddycap

Just wanna give some love to the Volcano. After getting a Evo and Herbalizer my Volcano Classic went to a shelf to sit for 6 months. The Evo is awesome and I consider it a supplement to my Vaping and not an everyday driver, but I vape bags everyday with my wife, it's our preferred method. The herbalizer is great also, but after 16 bags and watching my vapor leak out constantly , I had to go back to the Volcano. For 2 months now I've been using the Volcano and I wonder why I ever stopped. I just upgraded to the digit thru Massdrop and will be gifting my classic. I read thru these threads and it seems every vape, you need some kind of technique, or add on pieces to get great quality Vapor or a bag that doesn't leak using tubes from different vape manufacturers. Not with the Volcano, you open the chamber, put in desired amount and fill bag... Done, it's works, and it works well. No bag style vape has matched the thick bags I get with the Volcano. 5+ years with my classic and despite all of the hype, IMO, the Volcano is still king.

hoptimum

Just wanna give some love to the Volcano. After getting a Evo and Herbalizer my Volcano Classic went to a shelf to sit for 6 months. The Evo is awesome and I consider it a supplement to my Vaping and not an everyday driver, but I vape bags everyday with my wife, it's our preferred method. The herbalizer is great also, but after 16 bags and watching my vapor leak out constantly , I had to go back to the Volcano. For 2 months now I've been using the Volcano and I wonder why I ever stopped. I just upgraded to the digit thru Massdrop and will be gifting my classic. I read thru these threads and it seems every vape, you need some kind of technique, or add on pieces to get great quality Vapor or a bag that doesn't leak using tubes from different vape manufacturers. Not with the Volcano, you open the chamber, put in desired amount and fill bag... Done, it's works, and it works well. No bag style vape has matched the thick bags I get with the Volcano. 5+ years with my classic and despite all of the hype, IMO, the Volcano is still king.

Bags are the best way to share vaporized cannabis, IMO, and nothing fills bags better than the Volcano. My wife doesn't imbibe, so I typically vape alone. Under those circumstances, I prefer the HI, Lotus or SSV, and sometimes the Cloud.( I don't consider my cloud a daily driver, either. ) But about once a week or so I'll fill a bag and marvel at the simplicity and efficiency of the king of the hill.

Top Bottom